EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » On the Phone (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: On the Phone
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:
What? Hold on ... let me flush. [/QB]

You got to use the right hand... [Wink] [Wink]
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You got to use the right hand...
/////
He can't. He is still trying to call Snoozin, on her *1994* phone number... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by zam05:
We had a discussion about - does a missed call in Egypt always means to call back? Or can it also mean "I'm thinking of you or I got your SMS" or something like this?
Probably it's a stupid question, but I got in some trouble because I didn't call back....

it means someone is cheap enough not to want to spend money talking to u ... when receiving a missed call then ignore, ignore, ignore.
yeahhhhhh, i hate missed calls, and esp. missed calls from unknown#...or even any call from unknow #. i prefer not answering...(m3rfesh 2l nas btlz2a keda) and they start,
are you....?
no, this is wrong #
and call again
are you....
ya 3am no i'm not....
and then you will recieve this huge # of sms
but, Most of People in Egypt deal with cell phone as a kind of entertainment duno why? For example my brother who is in Grade 10 has a cell fone, what the hell for? Duno…my cousin who is in grade 6 also has a cell fone, and this really killed me!! and he faught with his mum, oh mumy all my friends in school have their own cell phones why not me!! okay I’m not a lair during my high school time I used to have my own cell phone…but i was 17 years old, not 10 years old!!

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Asooma:
quote:
quote:
We had a discussion about - does a missed call in Egypt always means to call back? Or can it also mean "I'm thinking of you or I got your SMS" or something like this?
Probably it's a stupid question, but I got in some trouble because I didn't call back....

it means someone is cheap enough not to want to spend money talking to u ... when receiving a missed call then ignore, ignore, ignore.
yeahhhhhh, i hate missed calls, and esp. missed calls from unknown#...or even any call from unknow #. i prefer not answering...(m3rfesh 2l nas btlz2a keda) and they start,
are you....?
no, this is wrong #
and call again
are you....
ya 3am no i'm not....
but, Most of People in Egypt deal with cell phone as a kind of entertainment duno why? For example my brother who is in Grade 10 has a cell fone, what the hell for? Duno…my cousin who is in grade 6 also has a cell fone, and this really killed me!! and he faught with his mum, oh mumy all my friends in school have their own cell phones why not me!! okay I’m not a lair during my high school time I used to have my own cell phone…but i was 17 years old, not 10 years old!!

If I don't recognize the number, i simply don't answer ...
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same.
Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Asooma:
quote:
quote:

are you....?
no, this is wrong #
and call again
are you....
ya 3am no i'm not....

That's really interseting Asooma. I didn't know the kids in Egypt "just have to have a cell phone!!" The American kids all have cell phones
(at least all the ones I know). Oh well, kids are not so different no matter what country they
live in.
I don't understand why they MUST have one so young but at least for the kids a little older they can have no excuses for not calling if they are going to be late
getting home.

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:
quote:
Originally posted by karkoora:
I never shut off my cell phone.

//////////////////////////

same here-- I leave mine on- and no one will calls late unless its a Emergency..

it's not really an emeregency, but i was wondering if i can call u in an hour?
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another "cell spell" -my husband always takes cell phone calls during meal times, while his meal gets cold or sits there! That is sooo exasperating to me, as I always was told any call in during meal time JUST say to caller, "I must call you back we are eating dinner now!"
Also nearly getting in a wreck to use one when the call is just not that important man. Say I'll catch up with you when I'm not driving.
More accidents are caused that way and in USA some States will ticket if you are on cell phone will driving! YES!! You can purchase ear phones instead.

Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mother does the same thing! I don't get it. Not about cell phones...this is a regular phone....but my mother, the one who taught me manners, answers and talks on the phone during dinner. Flips me out! They have an answering machine.....not like they are going to miss an important message...

I've tried to teach her the fine art of *screening,* to no avail.

I need to invent a phone signal jammer -- personal size -- jam all the cell phones around you within a 10 meter radius.

I'd be a millionaire. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you'll jamm the phone signal, how will Masrawi call you then? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] He is still trying on the number you gave him, you know? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] (from 1994)
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know....he's pining away to hear my beautiful voice. [Wink]

But it's soooooo much more important that I be wealthier than Bill Gates.....Masrawi will just have to wait. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Well, he'll be waiting at the "gates" then... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
daria1975
Member # 6244

Bwaahh hahahh! [Big Grin]
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sin-dee:
[

That's really interseting Asooma. I didn't know the kids in Egypt "just have to have a cell phone!!" The American kids all have cell phones
(at least all the ones I know). Oh well, kids are not so different no matter what country they
live in.
I don't understand why they MUST have one so young but at least for the kids a little older they can have no excuses for not calling if they are going to be late
getting home. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Listen, we were having kids’ party at my father’s home, the kids were playing and everything was fine, and then that spoiled child came and said,” I want 2 call my mum.” Se we were like, okay honey go on, here is the phone, he stared and said, no I’m having my own phone, this was so funny as he is 5 years old only!!

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EgyptianMau:
Why are Egyptian men ALWAYS on their cellphone???

Most guys here are usually on somebody elses borrowed phone... "got no credit.. can I just call my mother very quickly??"
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com