EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » On the Phone (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: On the Phone
EgyptianMau
Member # 9655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianMau     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are Egyptian men ALWAYS on their cellphone???
Posts: 68 | From: Easton Pa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EgyptianMau:

It gives them something to do with their hands!!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Hold on ... let me finish this call and i'll be right with u.
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It makes them feel important?
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

As long as they can offord paying the bill..Who cares...

Masrawi is this why you hung up on me..call me [Wink]

Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger1225:
quote:

As long as they can offord paying the bill..Who cares...

Masrawi is this why you hung up on me..call me [Wink]

I just gave u a missed call ... call me back. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zam05
Member # 9771

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zam05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a discussion about - does a missed call in Egypt always means to call back? Or can it also mean "I'm thinking of you or I got your SMS" or something like this?
Probably it's a stupid question, but I got in some trouble because I didn't call back....

Posts: 39 | From: Germany | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
Originally posted by zam05:
We had a discussion about - does a missed call in Egypt always means to call back? Or can it also mean "I'm thinking of you or I got your SMS" or something like this?
Probably it's a stupid question, but I got in some trouble because I didn't call back....

it means someone is cheap enough not to want to spend money talking to u ... when receiving a missed call then ignore, ignore, ignore.
zam05
Member # 9771

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zam05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Masrawi, so I did right.
Posts: 39 | From: Germany | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too right Masrawi-in the age of phone cards and sms what the hell is wrong with people and their missed calls?
Zam dont worry-wait for him to call you-put him from your mind until he does!If you missed the call you missed the call isnt it!
Honestly, according to my cairene friend who is a guy , he says exactly the same like Masrawi.
HOW many sattelites in Cairo????????

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too right Masrawi-in the age of phone cards and sms what the hell is wrong with people and their missed calls?
Zam dont worry-wait for him to call you-put him from your mind until he does!If you missed the call you missed the call isnt it!
Honestly, according to my cairene friend who is a guy , he says exactly the same like Masrawi.

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question and I know this sounds like a stereotype, but why can't Egyptian men turn off their cell-phones when they are sleeping?

I mean just about everyone I know turns off their cellphones when they sleep, why not my husband.

And from what I see he is calling other Egyptian men in the wee hours of the morning and they answer on the second ring.

I have to knock on his door during the day and beg him to turn off his cell phone so he can get a good rest.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
Originally posted by Melati:

i think there are 3,476,143 satellites in Egypt ... why?
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
I have a question and I know this sounds like a stereotype, but why can't Egyptian men turn off their cell-phones when they are sleeping?

I mean just about everyone I know turns off their cellphones when they sleep, why not my husband.

And from what I see he is calling other Egyptian men in the wee hours of the morning and they answer on the second ring.

I have to knock on his door during the day and beg him to turn off his cell phone so he can get a good rest.

As a matter of fact none of my American friends shut their Phone at nite either ....

and I forward my company 800 # to my cell so I do not miss an OPPERTUNITY for Business..

As for the calls after 9:00 PM none of my EGYPTIAN FRIENDS CALL ME after 9:00pm and They Know better..
I'm sure if your Husband asks them not to call after 9:00 PM ..they won't...you need to wip him a little.. [Wink]

Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
quote:

As a matter of fact none of my American friends shut their Phone at nite either ....

and I forward my company 800 # to my cell so I do not miss an OPPERTUNITY for Business..

As for the calls after 9:00 PM none of my EGYPTIAN FRIENDS CALL ME after 9:00pm and They Know better..
I'm sure if your Husband asks them not to call after 9:00 PM ..they won't...you need to wip him a little.. [Wink]

Can u recommend any whip makers?
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:
quote:
quote:

I'd recommend for my husband a kick in the head, but he has a history of head injuries. [Roll Eyes]

Works two jobs second and third shift so naturally he takes calls during the day, when he sleeps.

Then he complains about not sleeping well.

Oh I could just strangle him.
[Mad] [Confused]

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'd recommend for my husband a kick in the head, but he has a history of head injuries. [Roll Eyes]

Works two jobs second and third shift so naturally he takes calls during the day, when he sleeps.

Then he complains about not sleeping well.

Oh I could just strangle him.
[Mad] [Confused]

don't do it when he's on the phone ... he'll tell on u.
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never shut off my cell phone. My Egyptian actually complains about me talking on my cell too much. I really couldn't live without it.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tato85
Member # 9853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tato85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes enter
Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
I hate my handphone ( mobile, cell wahtever its called)
I LOVE to turn it off. I love it even more when it is not charged!
I only use it for sms now.
and as a phone book LOL.

*tigerman*
Member # 9196

quote:
[/QB]

You know ..we have a couple ...they are both leather...you can imagine the rest... [Wink]
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

quote:
Originally posted by tato85:
yes enter

ROFL..........
No no do not enter ...no one is there.

Welcome to ES..

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Very interesting...There was this famous accident in cairo abt 5 yrs ago. This guy was hit by a car while crossing the street in Tahrir area. Being busy with his call he didnt even bother to look where he was crossing.
He died.
When the pedestrians took the phone to call back anyone, the found out it was A TOY!!! The poor guy lost his life for showing off while no one really gave a **** abt him. He just wanted to feel important!!!

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
he_love 21
Member # 7690

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for he_love 21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like if people call me at the handphone for talk long time,I feel not comfortable even my fiance, I don't like to much text message, I hate if somebody just miss call, I mean if they just to make me call back what the heck.if they avoid to pay the bill better they don't call.
Posts: 184 | From: Maadi-Cairo | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Betul Henn!
I dont understand the obsession with hp ( mobiles)
Saya tidak mau kanker otak dari hp panas oiiiiy!

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

See I was correct...they do it to feel important! Some ppl are real dumb @sses.

quote:
Originally posted by Ngeg:
quote:

Very interesting...There was this famous accident in cairo abt 5 yrs ago. This guy was hit by a car while crossing the street in Tahrir area. Being busy with his call he didnt even bother to look where he was crossing.
He died.
When the pedestrians took the phone to call back anyone, the found out it was A TOY!!! The poor guy lost his life for showing off while no one really gave a **** abt him. He just wanted to feel important!!!

_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
Originally posted by karkoora:
See I was correct...they do it to feel important! Some ppl are real dumb @sses.

quote:
Originally posted by Ngeg:
quote:

He died.

i think the word u r looking for is "insecure".
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't give out my cell phone number except to people I'd be happy to see their number flashing on the caller ID.

And OMG, if you don't call back RIGHT AWAY they think you are dead! [Eek!]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
I don't give out my cell phone number except to people I'd be happy to see their number flashing on the caller ID.

And OMG, if you don't call back RIGHT AWAY they think you are dead! [Eek!]

Can i have your cell phone number?
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

ROFL! [Big Grin] I can give you the number I had in 1994. [Wink]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I can give you the number I had in 1994.
////
Nope, if you don't call him back right away, he will think you're dead! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

[Big Grin]

What if I *never* call him back! [Eek!]

[Wink]

daria1975
Member # 6244

Oh, but back in 94, they were called *car phones.*

[Big Grin]

_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
quote:

ROFL! [Big Grin] I can give you the number I had in 1994. [Wink]
excellent ... would that also mean that u would be 11 years younger?! [Big Grin]
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh, but back in 94, they were called *car phones.
/////
But if the car is moving, can't you say the phone is "mobile"? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
excellent ... would that also mean that u would be 11 years younger?! [Big Grin]

You are evil.

But if you want to be friends with the fcuked up girl I was 11 years ago, that says a lot about *you.* [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by Sadeeqy:
quote:
Oh, but back in 94, they were called *car phones.
/////
But if the car is moving, can't you say the phone is "mobile"? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Yeah, I need to start calling it that..... I always think of them as *cell phones.*

But what is SMS? Is that the same as text messaging? What does the acronym stand for?

zam05
Member # 9771

Member Rated:
SMS means Short Message Service, it's the same of course , just in germany we call it this way.
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by zam05:
SMS means Short Message Service, it's the same of course , just in germany we call it this way.

Thanks! [Smile]
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
quote:

You are evil.

But if you want to be friends with the fcuked up girl I was 11 years ago, that says a lot about *you.* [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Duh!
daria1975
Member # 6244

[Razz]
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
quote:
Duh!
/////

Ha, ha! Masrawi,i know it was only an expression, but, in romanian, duh = genie (jinn). Maybe Snoozin is quite a geni(us), huh? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

daria1975
Member # 6244

Well, I know I'm a genius.....

I guess it's about time the rest of the world know it....

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
Well, I know I'm a genius.....

I guess it's about time the rest of the world know it....

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

*yawn*

[Smile]

_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
Originally posted by Sadeeqy:
quote:
Duh!
/////

Ha, ha! Masrawi,i know it was only an expression, but, in romanian, duh = genie (jinn). Maybe Snoozin is quite a geni(us), huh? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

exactly ... she's been performing her black magic tricks on me.
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
*yawn*

[Smile]

Don't yawn Masrawi...I know my superior intellect is old news to you....but as odd as it may sound, there are many who are completely unaware of my grand abilities.

ROFL!!!

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
quote:
exactly ... she's been performing her black magic tricks on me.
/////
Just look at her avatar! It's only a smile and brightness there! What black magic?
Maybe you should borrow from her those magnifying glasses she bought... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone remember that commercial advertisement where the small runty red-headed guy is at at latrine talking on his cell phone.

Since it takes him two hands to whip out his dingy and wiz he has his cell phone in the crutch of his shoulder and ear.

he drops it in the latrine and just sighs. Only to flush.

Lets put it this way. I have to converse with my mother when she is on the pot. I ask her if she is on the pot and she lies only for me to hear her flush a few minutes later.

Can you imagine speaking with a tall guy on his cell phone while he is using a stand up loo?

Think amplified Niagara falls.

The practice needs to stop. When going wiz don't pick up the phone.

Thank you.

_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
Anyone remember that commercial advertisement where the small runty red-headed guy is at at latrine talking on his cell phone.

Since it takes him two hands to whip out his dingy and wiz he has his cell phone in the crutch of his shoulder and ear.

he drops it in the latrine and just sighs. Only to flush.

Lets put it this way. I have to converse with my mother when she is on the pot. I ask her if she is on the pot and she lies only for me to hear her flush a few minutes later.

Can you imagine speaking with a tall guy on his cell phone while he is using a stand up loo?

Think amplified Niagara falls.

Thank you.

What? Hold on ... let me flush.
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:

Thank you.

Maybe that's part of Kiss7heaven's bathroom etiquette fatwa on the other thread! [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com