EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » watch out for this man! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: watch out for this man!
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it has worked for 15 years in Cairo so I reckon I should stick to it.

I don't get let down as I never have an expectation of the outcome in my head in the first place.

People are only vulnerable if they allow themselves to be.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by massenburg2008:
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:

The US is famous for offering people the same opportunities. It doesn't matter where you have been born, it doesn't matter how much money your parents made, they all get a chance.

What do you mean by same opportunities ?
Do you really believe that every household in the US can afford to send their sons/daughters to an Ivy league ?
Do you actually think that a Harvard grad has the "same opportunities" as someone who graduated from Ohio State or the other 1500 universities ?

If an American really wants to go to an Ivy league university nothing is going to stop them.

Unlike universities in Euro and the Middle East universities here are required to follow a 'quota' system which ensures that the student body is as diverse as its applicants.

Not all rich folk can get into any Ivy league university of their choosing unless a direct family member had previously graduated from the university. This is called 'legacy' admittance; which is a catch 22 but it will take another generation before 'the old boys' club to fade. Yet this allows everyday Americans to have their son or daughter a better chance @ getting admitted. This applies as well to foreigners.

Massenberg,

What I don't understand is how you can view American domestic universities with the same criteria as you would Euro and Middle Eastern unversities.

The public and private universities in the US meet and exceed the same standards the Ivy League universities do.

Placing Ivy league universities above all others and scorning other universities as a lesser choice illustrates how little you know about America.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana.fana
Member # 15467

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ana.fana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheekyferret:

Hence the reason for my warning. DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE VULNERABLE, esp in Egypt. Thank you.
Posts: 29 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg2008
Member # 14767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg2008         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:
quote:
quote:

The US is famous for offering people the same opportunities. It doesn't matter where you have been born, it doesn't matter how much money your parents made, they all get a chance.

What do you mean by same opportunities ?
Do you really believe that every household in the US can afford to send their sons/daughters to an Ivy league ?
Do you actually think that a Harvard grad has the "same opportunities" as someone who graduated from Ohio State or the other 1500 universities ?

If an American really wants to go to an Ivy league university nothing is going to stop them.

If an Egyptian wants to attend the American University in Cairo nothing is going to stop him or her as well.

Massenberg,

What I don't understand is how you can view American domestic universities with the same criteria as you would Euro and Middle Eastern unversities.

What criteria ?

The public and private universities in the US meet and exceed the same standards the Ivy League universities do.

I was referring to the job prospects of Ivy league/top tier university alumni versus the grads of other universities.
Your chance of landing a job at an Investment bank (Goldman Sachs) or Management consulting firm (Mckinsey, Booz Allen Hamilton) is very slim if you don't graduate from a top school.

A friend of mine who is now working in Kuwait wouldn't have been hired by Lehman Brothers if it wasn't for his MBA from Columbia Business School.

Placing Ivy league universities above all others and scorning other universities as a lesser choice illustrates how little you know about America.

Only the top business schools have high value
http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/article/careerist/47722?count=30&start=6#dtk-cmtscnt

Posts: 698 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think the only road to a satisfactional life is by getting a masters degree on a business-school?
Okay, the most certain way to become a millionaire (worldwide) is to have a McDonald's restaurant. If money is the goal, this is the most certain way.

I don't think I have to tell you the successtories of many selfmade people in the US. It's famous for offering opportunities to everyone who is willing to put efforts in what they're doing.

And money isn't the ultimate goal for many of them. Most of the time they are succesfull because they enjoy what they're doing, and they're good in it. Their success is hided between their ears; in the brains...

So, don't turn the subject into high class education, when the mentality is wrong, also a masters-degree from whatever kind of university will not bring success...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"Educate your fellow people" I have no idea how to intepret that... WK... do you have a cult?
It is at the very early stages. Every Sunday I go to London, stand on a box, and shout to the passers by to join me, and I shall Educate them. When someone approaches me, I quickly tape their eyes open, and force them to watch hours upon hours of: Punk'd, Darren Brown, Candid Camera and Beadles About, just so they get it into their head not to trust anybody, and everybody is out to get them. And that is just step one of The Education. Step two involves mental abuse, and step three medication. Oh I do love my Sundays.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ana.fana:
quote:
Originally posted by cheekyferret:

Hence the reason for my warning. DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE VULNERABLE, esp in Egypt. Thank you.
Why especially in Egypt? I am not vulnerable in any country so why would I be in Egypt?
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
quote:
"Educate your fellow people" I have no idea how to intepret that... WK... do you have a cult?
It is at the very early stages. Every Sunday I go to London, stand on a box, and shout to the passers by to join me, and I shall Educate them. When someone approaches me, I quickly tape their eyes open, and force them to watch hours upon hours of: Punk'd, Darren Brown, Candid Camera and Beadles About, just so they get it into their head not to trust anybody, and everybody is out to get them. And that is just step one of The Education. Step two involves mental abuse, and step three medication. Oh I do love my Sundays.
lol... Yeah, Sundays are fab!

Beadles about, you were advised to educate them not torture them!!

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are vunerable in any country, not just egypt.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Beadles about, you were advised to educate them not torture them!!
They have to learn, damn it! Don't trust anyone, not even a UFO landing in your garden... [Smile] Hmmm, maybe The Education is giving the wrong impression, it is focussing on English and American's, when really it's the Egyptian's we must mistrust. Is there an Arabic Trigger Happy TV I can add to the mix...?

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
How funny would it be if Dom Joly tried to cross Salah Salem dressed as a camel!

Yorkie, I really don't put myself on the vulnerable list in any country I have been in.

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
quote:
How funny would it be if Dom Joly tried to cross Salah Salem dressed as a camel!
Oh man, that mental image had me in fits! Perhaps Egypt isn't ready for the British humour lol.

--------------------
Another one....

massenburg2008
Member # 14767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg2008         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QB] Do you think the only road to a satisfactional life is by getting a masters degree on a business-school?
Okay, the most certain way to become a millionaire (worldwide) is to have a McDonald's restaurant. If money is the goal, this is the most certain way.

I didn't say that, I wanted to emphasize that a grad from a top tier school has more and better job prospects and that's a fact.

I don't think I have to tell you the successtories of many selfmade people in the US. It's famous for offering opportunities to everyone who is willing to put efforts in what they're doing.

There are success stories in Egypt and any other countries of self-made businessman who are high school dropouts, but they are the exception not the rule.
I can also tell you of millions of Americans who are struggling to make ends meat.

And money isn't the ultimate goal for many of them. Most of the time they are succesfull because they enjoy what they're doing, and they're good in it. Their success is hided between their ears; in the brains...

So, don't turn the subject into high class education, when the mentality is wrong, also a masters-degree from whatever kind of university will not bring success...

Ivy leagues are concerned mostly with individuals who show signs of leadership, such traits are not found in just anybody, these institutions graduate future business, political leaders as well as entrepreneurs. Read their profiles.

Mentality differs from one person to another, some regard wealth creation as a source of satisfaction, some see religion as the sole important thing in life, some are happy with their $50k job and have no other ambitions, some are leaders while others are followers.

Posts: 698 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
quote:
Oh man, that mental image had me in fits! Perhaps Egypt isn't ready for the British humour lol.
I love that show and I love Dom, he is a comedy genius, he is not actually British he is Lebanese... [Smile] did you watch Dom Joly's happy hour? Excellent.

Do you remember the first advert for Trigger Happy on billbords? It actually said "do not trust this man"

Got a vision of him with a big phone and the nokia tune...

"I'M IN CAIRO... NO IT'S....." lmao

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
[QB] Do you think the only road to a satisfactional life is by getting a masters degree on a business-school?

I didn't say that, I wanted to emphasize that a grad from a top tier school has more and better job prospects and that's a fact.

There are success stories in Egypt and any other countries of self-made businessman who are high school dropouts, but they are the exception not the rule.
I can also tell you of millions of Americans who are struggling to make ends meat.

Ivy leagues are concerned mostly with individuals who show signs of leadership, such traits are not found in just anybody, these institutions graduate future business, political leaders as well as entrepreneurs. Read their profiles.

Mentality differs from one person to another, some regard wealth creation as a source of satisfaction, some see religion as the sole important thing in life, some are happy with their $50k job and have no other ambitions, some are leaders while others are followers.

I even dare to state that most people are followers. Maybe they dream of succes, but their mentality isn't right one for getting that. Most people are average. They have an average education, average talents, average way of life.
A house, a job, a partner, kids and probably that dog. They can live a perfectly satisfactional life and when they're reaching midlife crises probably they would do something weird, marriage crises, some divorce some are not, and they live their average life as all their neighbours are doing too.
They're hearing the stories of selfmade men, and they should like to be that way, but think it is not given to them.
So, they're going on with average efforts, living their average life...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
speaking of that!!
lets say a man is a virgin when he has his mid life crisis how would he react??
would he become a horn dog or would it not effect him cas u cant miss what u have never had???

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
quote:
would he become a horn dog or would it not effect him cas u cant miss what u have never had???
I think the reason why they are such horn dogs in Egypt (and they really are) is because they are virgins. They are clearly really missing what they haven't had, especially as I bet their hands are giving a sneak preview [Wink] lol

--------------------
Another one....

Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Audrey Hepburn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you to some of you for your kind words. My ex was arrested and charged 2 days ago for intimidating and abusive behaviour towards me. Not an attempt to ruin his character - fact. He is no longer allowed to speak to me or come near me so I can slowly start to feel safe again. I am numb that the man I loved so dearly is not the man I loved so much. My friend has a theory that he still needed to try and control me even though we were not together. However, this does not mean I am a man hater or egyptian man hater, it means I am safe and free now. lets end this topic and I reiterate as before it was a warning to others.
Posts: 233 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You reported him to the Egyptian police?? [Eek!] And they responded?? [Eek!]

What happened to him? Is he in an Alex prison now waiting for further investigation? Did he get tortured so far??

I am kinda wondering because you haven't mentioned before that he was abusive towards you.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com