EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » watch out for this man! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: watch out for this man!
Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Audrey Hepburn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not been on for a long long time. I never gave my story and actually I prefer not to now. Just a warning to anyone who lives in Agamy, Alexandria. Keep away from a man called Saeed Ibrahim - age 29 and works in a famous hotel in Alex. Controlling, manipulative and out to marry a european for money. Luckily I did not marry him but invested a long time and love. He is good looking appears charming but with a very calculating motive. Please ladies look after yourself - I thank my lucky stars I escaped.
Posts: 233 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agamy?

That alone would have told me to stay away from him.

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear this. You left Egypt?

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Audrey Hepburn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope. Still here. I have a good job and finally some friends and a life now that we have split (January) Anyway, this is just a warning - not my story - its personal.
Posts: 233 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am really sorry for your heartbreak but isn't this too much??? I don't know the exact legal term but wouldn't this fall under something like defamation of reputation or destroying the reputation of somebody? Couldn't the aforementioned Mr. Ibrahim take you to court for this?
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i doubt this guy is even that damn special that we need to look out for him.
Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by justvisiting:
Agamy?

What's the dirt on Agamy? [Confused]

Enlighten us,please. [Cool]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Sorry it didn't work out for you. You deserve so much better. Glad you are ok now; hope he is not troubling you now.
Good luck.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Audrey, glad that you saw his true colors better now than too late. Stay safe in Egypt and remember most Egyptian guys are opportunists due to the economical crisis.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's due to the economic crisis. Think it's because their society is very happy to keep their eyes closed and pretend to don't see the dishonesty. Everybody has a choice...
When this kind of behaviour shouldn't be social acceptable, then this wouldn't happen this much.
But it is, families are very happy with the money, and close their eyes for what their relatives are doing. And not seldom they even declare theirselves a martyr, they are 'offering' themselves for the sake of the family, and everybody around who is involved is appreciated because he 'helps'.
That this 'help' is lucrative and is making them rich, on the back of others, is easily forgotten.
Its'due to mentality...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gascious_Clay
Member # 13876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gascious_Clay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What hotel?
Posts: 53 | From: In the ring | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And not seldom they even declare theirselves a martyr, they are 'offering' themselves for the sake of the family, and everybody around who is involved is appreciated because he 'helps'.

Say this isn't so [Frown]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Hepburn:
Not been on for a long long time. I never gave my story and actually I prefer not to now. Just a warning to anyone who lives in Agamy, Alexandria. Keep away from a man called Saeed Ibrahim - age 29 and works in a famous hotel in Alex. Controlling, manipulative and out to marry a european for money. Luckily I did not marry him but invested a long time and love. He is good looking appears charming but with a very calculating motive. Please ladies look after yourself - I thank my lucky stars I escaped.

Photo?
Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
I don't think it's due to the economic crisis.

Of course it is.

How many better situated young Egyptians are able to go overseas to study and they don't hook up with the next best foreign woman and marry. Why? Because they don't have to, they are financially stable and settled. They follow their traditions of marrying a honorable woman of their own country.

Both of us know that many Arab guys - incl. Egyptians - use foreign women for their own benefit. Once they are where they want to be, have residence and enough finances they opt to divorce and remarry one of their kind. Very unfortunate for the women but true.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
quote:
Originally posted by justvisiting:
Agamy?

What's the dirt on Agamy? [Confused]

Enlighten us,please. [Cool]

It's a poor area of town. Very poor.

I dunno about anyone else, but my policy has always been if HE can't do at least as much for himself as I can do for myself, he's not for me. And I applied that same policy to the man I married. If he would have been poor, working in a hotel, and living in Agamy, I wouldn't have spoken to him. Not that I'm beating the OP up because I do understand the western notion of love, but it just does not apply in Egypt.

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
It's very well known that holding on into high principles,norms and values are going hand-in-hand with economical wellfare. Poverty seems to reduce the social principles about what is and what isn't acceptable. At the same time there seem to exist differences in this kind of behaviours when you comparise them worldwide.
There are enough parts in the world where it still isn't social aceptable to make benefit from another person, by making it look different.
That's why I say: They have a choice. When I look at Egypt, because that is the subjet, I know enough people who had a choice but chosed for this, because it is the most easy way. They could have chosen for some extra efforts, for finishing that education, for start a job at the lowest level (like everybody else also has to do), but they don't. It is the same kind of choice why women chose to make a living by prostitution: it is a easy way to make money, it makes lots of money,and they don't care about the opinion from society about their way of living. They want to get as much as possible against the less effort possible.
The US is famous for offering people the same opportunities. It doesn't matter where you have been born, it doesn't matter how much money your parents made, they all get a chance.
It's what they do what these chances,that makes them succesfull or not. But everybody knows that it will cost effort.
Not very seldom, women like us, have studied and lived a poor life because of that study. They started their carreer on the lowest step of the stairs. They worked hard, and what they are right now, is the result of their hard working.They did it themselves, without abusing to make their lifes easier.

A cousin once mentioned that he had to work a full month for the money I spended on one evening out. he forgot that I've worked all my life, and that made it possible to do so. He was 22 and I was 50. I also couldn't do this when i was 22!!! It is too easy to say that it's unfair that have more money to spend as a young man from 22. That cousin doesn't like to think about working like I did. He wants the life I have, at the age of 22 and never worked a day....
That kind of men are the ones who are active by abusement. It's not poverty, it's mentality!!!

--------------------

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How many better situated young Egyptians are able to go overseas to study and they don't hook up with the next best foreign woman and marry. Why? Because they don't have to, they are financially stable and settled. They follow their traditions of marrying a honorable woman of their own country.
Going on my personal experience, just because a guy is wealthy doesn't mean he isn't a bad'en.
Anyone heard of Edris group in Luxor? Well they own a couple of businesses, and I knew a man who I think was pretty high up in it. A total rich kid- and what an arrogant liar. He tried to tempt me with talks of "treating me like a queen" etc, but he is in fact a complete womaniser- which I could tell from day one, thankfully. I hope no poor woman has fallen for it.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Hey I never stated that the richer guys wouldn't go for the honey too.... they just don't make fake commitments! [Wink]
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, I wonder how fast he would have run if I had mentioned marriage, lol.
I still have little freak outs that Hossam could be using me for money. He has done nothing to give me such worries (when I was out there he wouldn’t let me pay a single penny for anything) but after all this talk about how great they are at lying, etc, I guess you can never be certain.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JinJin
Member # 14821

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JinJin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WeirdKitty, you made a wise choice not getting involved with any of the men in the Edris family. I will say no more on that subject.

Egyptian men can spin a con for decades so just be 'old fashioned' when it comes to your hard earned cash. A lady should never have to pay for anything if her man is a gentleman.

If the disasters start happening (sick relatives, bad debts he will be killed over, operations needed etc) you can offer your total support by way of being there for him and maybe some ideas of how HE can raise the money by himself. I'm old fashioned in that way, the guy should look after the woman, not the other way around.

Posts: 83 | From: Egypt | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Oh, please say more, lol- or PM if you wish. I met a few of the Edris guys (my first visit I went to the disco in Tutotel quite a bit, and the second visit I stayed at the hotel!) One of them I was "closer" to, although I knew exactly what he wanted. But when he wasn't being a total womaniser, I actually had a laugh with him and his friends- I just had to make sure I didn't get drunk, and kept my wits about me.

Obviously Hossam could have been lying, but he seemed extremely insulted when I offered to pay. He said his mother doesn't pay, and that is how it should be. He even tipped people for me.

--------------------
Another one....

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WK I would like to ask that who paid for your ticket or hotel??

If it's you, so I think you shouldn't think that his paying for some more stuff means he did something special. Please don't get me wrong, I don't mean anything bad for him but if you afforded to go and see him, he has to pay for the rest.... That's my opinion [Smile]

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWOWA... if WK had expected a guy to pay for the flight and room wouldn't she be considered the one on the take!!! Hardly fair in my eyes!

And if all she wants is sex as was the last pile of crap I read about Brit girls then she would actually be classed as a prostitute if he had paid for her to get there.

The smell of double standards stinks!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg2008
Member # 14767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg2008         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The US is famous for offering people the same opportunities. It doesn't matter where you have been born, it doesn't matter how much money your parents made, they all get a chance.

What do you mean by same opportunities ?
Do you really believe that every household in the US can afford to send their sons/daughters to an Ivy league ?
Do you actually think that a Harvard grad has the "same opportunities" as someone who graduated from Ohio State or the other 1500 universities ?

Posts: 698 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who mentioned about sex, Brit girls or negative opinions about weirdkitty??

I m just trying to say love is something in common, I mean sharing. If there is a dream and it costs something, everybody need to afford something.

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
He is a rep, he would never have been able to afford a flight. As for accommodation, he offered to get me a flat, but I felt better in a hotel. Although he did get a flat anyway, and that is where we hung out during the day.
Next time I'm out there, I probably will not bother with the hotel- he says will pay for a flat.

Cheeky is right, total double standards. If he came here, and I paid for the flight, people would flip, so why would it be acceptable the other way round??
I was willing to pay my own way, because it was my holiday. I planned on paying for my drinks, food, etc. It is not his job to do so, just like it isn't my job to pay for him if he came here. But he didn't allow me to. I spent a total of £20, and that was all in the hotel when he wasn’t around lol.

--------------------
Another one....

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I am sorry, I thought in one discussion that cropped up not so long ago all women from England were sluts. I could have sworn that it stemmed from WK wanting to get to know her beau and spend time with him. I clearly just connected that conversation with this one, how careless.

rollseyes lol....

Wow WK, that hotel is only something like 8p a day or someithing.. he must be serious [Wink]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
*gasp* Cheeky, now now, I'm not a slut, I'm a slapper! [Wink] lol.

Well, I loved the flat he got me. It was right next to my hotel, because he knew I was going back every night. And it had three bedrooms, in case we wanted to nap during the day- which seems to be the Egyptian way lol. I wonder how much it cost him? Considering he stocked the cupboards too. Probably about the same as my hotel cost me, lol.

--------------------
Another one....

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by massenburg2008:
quote:

Do you really believe that every household in the US can afford to send their sons/daughters to an Ivy league ?
Do you actually think that a Harvard grad has the "same opportunities" as someone who graduated from Ohio State or the other 1500 universities ?

As far as I know, the talented students are able to get scholarships, and their educations is sponsored. But opportunities isn't only about education. I am convinced that everybody gets chances in life, and it's up to the people what they do with it.
It's due to their mentality.

massenburg2008
Member # 14767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg2008         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

As far as I know, the talented students are able to get scholarships, and their educations is sponsored. But opportunities isn't only about education. I am convinced that everybody gets chances in life, and it's up to the people what they do with it.

To receive a scholarship, your academic performance must be way above average, not to mention the number of scholarships are extremely limited. So a kid with average grades and rich parents has a better chance of getting accepted.

The mentality you are referring to is being able to think out of the box. Unfortunately, most of us follow the traditional route "a good education will land a good job".

Posts: 698 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
*gasp* Cheeky, now now, I'm not a slut, I'm a slapper! [Wink] lol.

Well, I loved the flat he got me. It was right next to my hotel, because he knew I was going back every night. And it had three bedrooms, in case we wanted to nap during the day- which seems to be the Egyptian way lol. I wonder how much it cost him? Considering he stocked the cupboards too. Probably about the same as my hotel cost me, lol.

I apologise... you are a slapper [Wink]

In case 'we' wanted to nap *SHOCK* I do hope the ES police aren't reading this. Oh my there will be black clouds forming and a juju placed on your family lol.

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WK i thought we agreed your a madem.

To be fair Cheeky i think what Shahrazat was trying to say it was an equal thing. She paid to get there so he wouldnt let her pay for anything whilst she was there. A bit of give and take i think was the point.

This is where i need one of MRS disclaimers saying i was not involved in any previous arguments so i dont know who said what when WK was branded a whore and cheeky a tall blonde tart.

Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Bah. I've posted a picture of him napping, and saw no pitchforks and torches lol. They can believe it or not, but in the flat I did watch a lot of TV- not just jump into bed, which is what some implied. I can tell them the films I watch if they want to check the listings lol. The flat had AC, and sitting in cafes was boring. I have no regrets [Smile]

--------------------
Another one....

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

To receive a scholarship, your academic performance must be way above average, not to mention the number of scholarships are extremely limited. So a kid with average grades and rich parents has a better chance of getting accepted.

The mentality you are referring to is being able to think out of the box. Unfortunately, most of us follow the traditional route "a good education will land a good job".

Agree, just like most people will follow the common way in everything. But I think being succesfull isn't about country, social status or anything else. It's mostly mentality...
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Aw WK... I am glad you went back out and did what you intended.

Now tell me the films [Wink]

MM, I will keep my reservations in my mind.. [Big Grin]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.dontdatehimgirl.com

ABOUT DDHG
Welcome to DDHG! We`re a powerful online resource for women and men seeking counsel and community about love, sex, dating, relationships and marriage. Our users, men and women alike, share their experiences with each other in hopes of helping others who are struggling with similar relationship problems. Our love experts offer a wealth of great advice whether your a savvy singleton or romantically involved in a relationship!

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weirdkitty - thank god I'm not the only boring fart around here. I now have watching egyptian films down to a fine art and can nearly follow the story. Nice to just spend time alone together sometimes. Hope you had a great time, I definately did, what tarts we are!
Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana.fana
Member # 15467

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ana.fana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its rare these days to meet an honest Egyptian, if you meet one, cherish them before they too become corrupted.

9 out of 10 of them cannot be trusted. They don't even trust eachother!

The Question Marks are right, its not poverty, its their mentality, even the wealthy ones find ways to scam foreigners and eachother.

Too many women on here think Egyptians only scamming women because its all you talk about, but you don't hear the stories of people getting scammed by business partners, real estate agents scamming their clients, lawyers scamming clients on a daily basis in this country, who the hell can you turn to, even the police and judges are corrupt!

I even had a man to take money to make kitchen cupboards for us, and never saw him again! Talk about a country full of cheaters, SMH.

Thanks for the warning, but warn about all the cheaters in this country, not just the one who almost screwed you over, you make it too personal, this country has cheaters in general.

Posts: 29 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
quote:
Now tell me the films
Van welder, or whatever its called. Some old film with Audrey Hepburn. Pluto something or other (had Eddie Morphy in it). Some film with a talking dog. Gladiator (watched that twice). Oh, and I watched my super sweet 16th (that was when Hossam was asleep on the couch, lol) [Smile]

Glad you had a great time too sherribaby! When do you plan on going back?

Ana, you have clearly had some bad experiences there. But you can’t generalise so many men like that. I know they are not all perfect, far from it, just like the guy from the Edris family I mentioned (who is wealthy). And who knows, maybe my guy is a lying con artist. But even if this turns out to be true, I still will not think badly about all the guys of Egypt.

--------------------
Another one....

ana.fana
Member # 15467

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ana.fana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ana, you have clearly had some bad experiences there. But you can’t generalise so many men like that. I know they are not all perfect, far from it, just like the guy from the Edris family I mentioned (who is wealthy). And who knows, maybe my guy is a lying con artist. But even if this turns out to be true, I still will not think badly about all the guys of Egypt.

Im sure they have other good qualities, but honesty is not one of them. I'm not genralizing, I'm stating facts. They are very dishonest as a people, and that's the truth, not just my experience.
Posts: 29 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
There are millions of guys who live there (I'm sure someone can give a more specific number)- obviously you are going to get the good, the bad and the ugly. There are women on this site who are happily married to Egyptian men, are you telling me their husbands are actually dishonest just because of the country they are from?!
Pretty much all my friends (myself included) have been screwed over by an English guy, but I wouldn't generalise "my" people like that, so I wouldn't do it to any other country.

--------------------
Another one....

ana.fana
Member # 15467

Rate Member
You are contradicting yourself. First you say ALL of your friends including you have been screwed over by them, but yet you can't generalize them? You don't make any sense. Generally speaking they are dishonest men/people period. Don't try to sugar coat it. Call it what it is.

I'm not a hipocrite, and I say what I feel. They never have a problem when people "generalize" them in a positive light do they? Like Egyptians are so kind? Egyptians are fun people? Egyptians are helpful?

Well I like to keep the equlibrium and add that they are also dishonest in "general".

I guess we have to agree to disagree, because nothing you say will change my general perception of them being dishonest as a whole. Not every single one of them, but the vast majority of them, yes.

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
quote:
You are contradicting yourself. First you say ALL of your friends including you have been screwed over by them, but yet you can't generalize them? You don't make any sense. Generally speaking they are dishonest men/people period. Don't try to sugar coat it. Call it what it is
If you are having trouble understanding me, please reread what I wrote. Firstly, I said "PRETTY MUCH ALL"- that does not mean every single one. Also, even if every single one of my friends have been screwed over by an English guy DOES NOT mean every English guy is bad.
Lets put it like this: Just because all As are Bs, doesn't mean all Bs are As. Get it?
Generalising just causes racism, arguments, and bigots. It shouldn't be done. I wouldn't even generalise in a positive light. So far, every Canadian I have met have been really nice, but I would be idiotic concluding that this must mean all Canadians are nice.

--------------------
Another one....

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ana.fana:

They don't even trust eachother!

Exactly!! Talk to any honest Egyptian and they will tell you the same. Unfortunately as a foreigner you have so much more difficulties to realize scam going on until it happened to you.

Egyptians in general are very friendly and like to help but I'd advise anyone to be cautious and not to trust so easily.

viewable
Member # 6331

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for viewable         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Its rare these days to meet an honest Egyptian, if you meet one, cherish them before they too become corrupted.

9 out of 10 of them cannot be trusted. They don't even trust eachother!

The Question Marks are right, its not poverty, its their mentality, even the wealthy ones find ways to scam foreigners and eachother.

Too many women on here think Egyptians only scamming women because its all you talk about, but you don't hear the stories of people getting scammed by business partners, real estate agents scamming their clients, lawyers scamming clients on a daily basis in this country, who the hell can you turn to, even the police and judges are corrupt!

I even had a man to take money to make kitchen cupboards for us, and never saw him again! Talk about a country full of cheaters, SMH.

Thanks for the warning, but warn about all the cheaters in this country, not just the one who almost screwed you over, you make it too personal, this country has cheaters in general.

I get ripped off in Canada almost on daily basis. Most are business related. Some of the crookedest motherfuckers you will ever meet live right here.
I had a conversation with a guy who owned a couple of pizza restaurants and a dough factory, about 10 years ago. He told me he woke up every morning and wondered "who's going to screw me today".

I got ripped off by a car dealer and twice in the same transaction. I bought a used car and made it clear that he was responsible for repairing the air conditioning, he later said no, he only promised to refill the system. So as a compromise I agreed to pay half the repair and paid him in advance to order so that he can order the parts. Month later and after many phone calls, he claimed that he'd already done the repairs [Big Grin] when he didn't.

I get ripped of by mechanics every single time. I bought a brand new vehicle to avoid getting ripped off for a few years, I was wrong. The breaks wore out prematurely and they did not cover it under warranty. They couldn't even come up with a logical explanation.

I got ripped of by a travel agency. I paid extra for a flight ticket to have the option of cancellation and/or date changes when I needed to change the date, she told me that was not possible. It was written right on the ticket.

I got a million story. The difference between Egypt and Canada is that in Egypt I would've smashed their fucking faces in and got a way with it...........I love Egypt.

Posts: 174 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana.fana
Member # 15467

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
You are contradicting yourself. First you say ALL of your friends including you have been screwed over by them, but yet you can't generalize them? You don't make any sense. Generally speaking they are dishonest men/people period. Don't try to sugar coat it. Call it what it is
If you are having trouble understanding me, please reread what I wrote. Firstly, I said "PRETTY MUCH ALL"- that does not mean every single one. Also, even if every single one of my friends have been screwed over by an English guy DOES NOT mean every English guy is bad.
Lets put it like this: Just because all As are Bs, doesn't mean all Bs are As. Get it?
Generalising just causes racism, arguments, and bigots. It shouldn't be done. I wouldn't even generalise in a positive light. So far, every Canadian I have met have been really nice, but I would be idiotic concluding that this must mean all Canadians are nice.

Weird kitty, I respect your intellect, however you pose a weak argument..All A's are B's doesn't mean all B's are A's. No I do not get it, at least argue my points. If you can find the point where I said ALL EGYPTIANS are dishonest, then your argument would be stronger, but I never stated that, so I will not allow one to put words into my mouth in order to make their own point, which may or may not be valid.

Generalizations are not the causes of racism and bigotry, those two ills stem from hatred, deep hatred. I never stated I hate Egyptians, or any race or culture, they have their good aspects, but as I said too many times, honesty is not one of them, and I'm not using them as a scape goat for my own misfortunes, as racist tend to do, i.e. the holocaust, KKK, etc. Do no liken me to people of this nature.

I am here to feel a void on this site, at least I hope. That void is the warning of dishonest people. Everyone is not coming to Egypt to marry an Egyptian, and Egypt search for sure has more than its share of warnings of scam marriages. However there are not enough warning on other ways foreigners can be "screwed", I feel justified in warning people, less they feel too confident and tusting simply because they are not marrying a con artist, doesn't mean they can be exempt from being conned. You don't have to marry an Egyptian or even date one to be screwed over by one.

You energy will be better spent trying to educate your fellow people on how to become more trustworthy, and less hipocritical. I know the truth hurts.

Just as when people here generalize that Americans are arrogant, no ALL of them are not, but in my experience, most of the Americans I know living in Egypt, are in fact ARROGANT. If it looks like a duck, then call it a duck. I'm American, so I can deal with negative generalizations. What I cannot deal with is sugar coating a real situation that exists, and I wish that people take heed to my caution, at least I will feel better knowing because of my warnings, others have been saved from being taken advantage of, like we have.

Don't let the smiles and kind words throw you off, always watch out for ulterior motives if they befriend you.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
There are cowboys in every country, maybe only those who lay themselves out to be taken advantage get screwed over as I have never in all my years been conned, ripped off or taken advantage of in Egypt. I am sorry to ruin the party but I only have good stories to share!!!

In fact I have known people go out of their way to offer their help, kindness and support for nothing in return! Maybe I am the one in a million lucky ones who has never met the bastards that are apparently everywhere in Egypt!!!!

I have some of themost trstworthy friends you could imagine and I know this may cause palpitations but they trust each other as well. Dammit sometimes I can also see them as people just like myself!

Heed my warnings too... some people don't want to take advantage of you and sometimes the smiles and kind words are genuine... I know it is a hard warning to swallow but I feel it needs to be told!

I don't sugarcoat... I think that has been established [Smile]

"Educate your fellow people" I have no idea how to intepret that... WK... do you have a cult?

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Weird kitty, I respect your intellect, however you pose a weak argument..All A's are B's doesn't mean all B's are A's. No I do not get it, at least argue my points. If you can find the point where I said ALL EGYPTIANS are dishonest, then your argument would be stronger, but I never stated that, so I will not allow one to put words into my mouth in order to make their own point, which may or may not be valid.

Generalizations are not the causes of racism and bigotry, those two ills stem from hatred, deep hatred. I never stated I hate Egyptians, or any race or culture, they have their good aspects, but as I said too many times, honesty is not one of them, and I'm not using them as a scape goat for my own misfortunes, as racist tend to do, i.e. the holocaust, KKK, etc. Do no liken me to people of this nature.

I am here to feel a void on this site, at least I hope. That void is the warning of dishonest people. Everyone is not coming to Egypt to marry an Egyptian, and Egypt search for sure has more than its share of warnings of scam marriages. However there are not enough warning on other ways foreigners can be "screwed", I feel justified in warning people, less they feel too confident and tusting simply because they are not marrying a con artist, doesn't mean they can be exempt from being conned. You don't have to marry an Egyptian or even date one to be screwed over by one.

You energy will be better spent trying to educate your fellow people on how to become more trustworthy, and less hipocritical. I know the truth hurts.

Just as when people here generalize that Americans are arrogant, no ALL of them are not, but in my experience, most of the Americans I know living in Egypt, are in fact ARROGANT. If it looks like a duck, then call it a duck. I'm American, so I can deal with negative generalizations. What I cannot deal with is sugar coating a real situation that exists, and I wish that people take heed to my caution, at least I will feel better knowing because of my warnings, others have been saved from being taken advantage of, like we have.

Don't let the smiles and kind words throw you off, always watch out for ulterior motives if they befriend you.

Ana I have to agree with you sadly, and I admit I distrust before I trust automatically these days.
Foreigners are more vulnerable but its also the same for Egyptian to Egyptians, I know so many bad stories of how Egyptians have ripped each other off, there is a general culture of dishonesty and you have to learn defense mechanisms to live within it.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
In all reality if you don't trust people in the first place then why shouldn't they con you. my ethos is trust them and they won't let you down.

I have a clean sheet using my outlook.

what is arrogant about calling a duck a duck anywy! [Big Grin]

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheekyferret:
my ethos is trust them and they won't let you down.

[Big Grin]

I was like that once...It doesn't work, you have to find ways to deal with people so they can't let you down and leave the trust out of it altogether.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com