EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What is wrong with the American people? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What is wrong with the American people?
AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for AnotherNewMember     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kimo_the_maniac:
The Americans posting here are typical red state Americans. You guys can't even get yourself to admit that sometimes in some decisions your country is wrong. Ohhh noooo, America is always right. I am Egyptian and 95% of the time I am against my government, when I see something wrong say it's wrong, but I sense that you guys just try to adapt the definition of "right" to fit whatever America does. Have fun doing that.

Why aren't you against your "COUNTRY" Kimo, and just your "GOVERNMENT", The reason it may appear this way to you, is maybe because people like you, Gege, and Shareefa, have yet to learn to separate the American people from the American GOVERNMENT When you generally criticize the people, you are criticizing us, and we have a right to speak up for ourselves, just as anyone else.

If we made a lot of negative statements about the Egyptians in general I think you will feel the same (I've seen you defend Egyptians too many times on this board). And that's the issue, if you read the statements by every self proclaimed American on this topic, the only person standing up for this current administration is Horemheb, so now again you're generalizing "Americans posting" and frankly we're tired of defending ourselves.

Horemheb is the only one cheering for Bush's administration, no other Americans, STOP OVER GENERALIZING!

This is a recap of the statement made by Americans FOR YOUR BENEFIT!

1.Katrina "That beats me as well, Shareefa. I am disappointed in the results"

2.Sonomod "My I guess America has stepped up to the plate with a lost idiot from Texas"

3.Carleen "And try to keep in mind that 55,159,058 people stood for many hours in line, in every kind of weather condition possible, to NOT re-elect him."

4.Trixie "As one of the Americans that voted for Kerry, it makes me really sad to see notes from you saying that all American's should f--- off and whatnot. It's depressing enough that Bush won this election."

5.Ann "Dear Friends, Ok, it sucks. Really sucks. "

6.Andy "America is not perfect and we have never claimed to be"

7.nooralhaq "As an American let me first say that your question is insulting. As an American let me first say that your question is insulting"

8.Your's Truly "But what we can not appreciate are the negative generalizations you continuously make about American people (excluding our government). You can call Bush every name in the book, it would not bother me one bit"

You may even get some anti-war supportive dialogue if Americans didn't feel that they have to keep responding in DEFENSE mode.

[This message has been edited by AnotherNewMember (edited 19 November 2004).]

Posts: 323 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherNewMember:
Why aren't you against your "COUNTRY" Kimo, and just your "GOVERNMENT", The reason it may appear this way to you, is maybe because people like you, Gege, and Shareefa, have yet to learn to separate the American people from the [b]American GOVERNMENT When you generally criticize the people, you are criticizing us, and we have a right to speak up for ourselves, just as anyone else.

If we made a lot of negative statements about the Egyptians in general I think you will feel the same (I've seen you defend Egyptians too many times on this board). And that's the issue, if you read the statements by every self proclaimed American on this topic, the only person standing up for this current administration is Horemheb, so now again you're generalizing "Americans posting" and frankly we're tired of defending ourselves.

Horemheb is the only one cheering for Bush's administration, no other Americans, STOP OVER GENERALIZING!

2.Sonomod "My I guess America has stepped up to the plate with a lost idiot from Texas"

3.Carleen "And try to keep in mind that 55,159,058 people stood for many hours in line, in every kind of weather condition possible, to NOT re-elect him."

4.Trixie "As one of the Americans that voted for Kerry, it makes me really sad to see notes from you saying that all American's should f--- off and whatnot. It's depressing enough that Bush won this election."

7.nooralhaq "As an American let me first say that your question is insulting. As an American let me first say that your question is insulting"

8.Your's Truly "But what we can not appreciate are the negative generalizations you continuously make about American people (excluding our government). You can call Bush every name in the book, it would not bother me one bit"

You may even get some anti-war supportive dialogue if Americans didn't feel that they have to keep responding in DEFENSE mode.

[This message has been edited by AnotherNewMember (edited 19 November 2004).][/B]

Actually, many great points, ANM. Well said.

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherNewMember:
Why aren't you against your "COUNTRY" Kimo, and just your "GOVERNMENT", The reason it may appear this way to you, is maybe because people like you, Gege, and Shareefa, have yet to learn to separate the American people from the [b]American GOVERNMENT When you generally criticize the people, you are criticizing us, and we have a right to speak up for ourselves, just as anyone else.

[This message has been edited by AnotherNewMember (edited 19 November 2004).][/B]

Oh dearie, read my first response to this post ANM, I never generalised all Americans. I live in America now and I know better (much better than to do that). The fact is, I didn't read the whole thread *blush* so just modify the phrase "Americans who post to this board" to "Hormoheb" and stop your paranoia.

[This message has been edited by kimo_the_maniac (edited 20 November 2004).]

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
Kimo...Most of us, including those in blue states, agree with US policy because we think it is correct and in the best interest of the Unites States.
As for Isreal it really doesn not matter who was there first. Isreal has the power and the Palestinans are going to have to take what they can get. That is just the way the world works. If they don't they will end up wwith nothing. All of the things you mantioned may be all they can get.
I'm sorry to say I'll be off the board for nine days for the Thanksgiving holiday. I want to wish all of the Americans here a happy thanksgiving, for those of you over seas have a great week.

Typical, bending truth to fit what America does. No one said NAZI Germany or imperial Japan had a right to dictate everything because they had all the weapons. Nor the Serbs in Yugoslavia, or the Indonesians in East Timor, or the Sudanese in Darfur, and the list goes on and on.

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
because we have been brainwashed and we can't think for ourselves. I recently returned from egypt you wouldnt believe the crap i heard ... you'll get beheaded, its so unsafe, your so brave etc all from people who have NEVER traveled internationally oh if you count the cruise to the bahamas .. americans are the stupidest, and the most ignorant people on the planet. As long as they have cheap gas for their environment polluting SUV life is grand. But americans are also eating themselves to death... long live carbs!! Check out 'sorry everyone' on the web.
Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
because we have been brainwashed and we can't think for ourselves. I recently returned from egypt you wouldnt believe the crap i heard ... you'll get beheaded, its so unsafe, your so brave etc all from people who have NEVER traveled internationally oh if you count the cruise to the bahamas .. americans are the stupidest, and the most ignorant people on the planet. As long as they have cheap gas for their environment polluting SUV life is grand. But americans are also eating themselves to death... long live carbs!! Check out 'sorry everyone' on the web.
Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
even my dog is weeping ....
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
even my dog is weeping .... can't believe we elected the village idiot AGAIN ...OH but he stole the election ... AGAIN ... its a another day of infamy of american history ... please forgive us world ...
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kimo, The people we are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan do not believe in freedom. America is the most generous helpful nation in the history of the world. Without us the nazi's you mentioned really would be running the world. iraq will soon be pacified and will be able to pick the leaders they want short of an Islamic stste of some kind. It would make no sense to kick out one dictator and replace him with another. I think the US, UK and others realize that a secular state that guarentees religious freedom is the long term solution to their problems.
Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by crazylobo:
. As long as they have cheap gas for their environment polluting SUV life is grand. But americans are also eating themselves to death... long live carbs!! Check out 'sorry everyone' on the web.

Again your generalizing.

I for one have never had a driver's licence and never had a car. I ride the bus most every where.

And for carbs please. I know what Europeans eat. At least we don't have to eat horse to get red meat. Sorry to say this but we are veracous meat eaters before anything else.

Just ask some of my neighbors who won't let me in there place because I actually dare to offend nature by eating something other than a plant.

And the 'sorry everyone' website has been ignored. I think he put it up when he skipped his meds or was drunk. It really could be a great anti-war portal.

[This message has been edited by sonomod (edited 01 December 2004).]

[This message has been edited by sonomod (edited 01 December 2004).]

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nooralhaq:
Shareefa,
As an American let me first say that your question is insulting. I will assume it was a rhetorical question. There are many Americans who voted for Bush because of more domestic matters, not everything has to do with things overseas, there are many problems in our own country, and sometimes the decisions are difficult. Americans do their best, but it is always impossible to please all of the people all of the time. I hope you have a better chance at it in the UAE.
-Nooralhaq

How quickly you have changed.

Your ticket out of Dallas stop returning your Instant Messaging texts?

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was so very upset also at the election result, i did my part and voted against the monkey but well, so much for my effort. We are in this mess for this much longer.

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:

How quickly you have changed.

Your ticket out of Dallas stop returning your Instant Messaging texts?

Sonomod,
My views have never changed. By the way, what is your problem with me? I am from Dallas and have always lived in Dallas, I have never been out of the states. I met my husband here and married here. I don't quite understand your pointless posts or why the attack on my person but I guess it had something to do with the village girl comment? If you don't recall, it was not ME that made the comment, only it was ME who laughed about the wording the person saying it used. It had nothing to do with you and I do not know you (nor do I think I care to). I have friends who do not post on this forum and have asked questions on their behalf, however; in light of your psychic abilities into peoples' lives on this forum based on what you merely read, I might have to second guess that gesture in the future.
Good luck to you.

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by nooralhaq:

Sonomod,
My views have never changed. By the way, what is your problem with me? I am from Dallas and have always lived in Dallas, I have never been out of the states. I met my husband here and married here. I don't quite understand your pointless posts or why the attack on my person but I guess it had something to do with the village girl comment? If you don't recall, it was not ME that made the comment, only it was ME who laughed about the wording the person saying it used. It had nothing to do with you and I do not know you (nor do I think I care to). I have friends who do not post on this forum and have asked questions on their behalf, however; in light of your psychic abilities into peoples' lives on this forum based on what you merely read, I might have to second guess that gesture in the future.
Good luck to you.

you have no idea how transparent you are.

For Christ's sake let it hang out. Its obvious what kind of relationship you are really in and most women on this board are into the same thing. Actually many are extremely proud of it.

1mangang
Member # 6403

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1mangang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think most americans live in a bubble at least i see that here with the people around me, most think its bad to say something against america at all because it makes you look not patriotic or something. with the elections i agree most people here vote on issues that are dealing domestic, but most think bush is an idiot from what i see.
Posts: 751 | From: US OF A | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many people are angry here, and we stood in the rain in long lines to vote. Last time it was Florida?? This time my State of Ohio, with all the controversy, and the candidates everytime we sneezed were in ohio campaigning even up to the last hour here. College kids in Columbus, Ohio were told ran out of ballots, people were receiving phone calls on their answering machines "democrats vote one day, republicans another day" and the stories go on and on.Personally I did not vote for him.
People still are asking did their vote really count again??
I personally hope "Hillary Clinton" will run, she might have a good chance to win.

Posts: 273 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1mangang
Member # 6403

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1mangang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
20 Amazing Facts about Voting in the USA:
http://nightweed.com/usavotefacts.html

Posts: 751 | From: US OF A | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1mangang President Bush has an MBA from an Ivy league school and can fly a jet fighter at speeds up to 600 MPH.....can you?
Just wondering who the idiot really is?

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1mangang
Member # 6403

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for 1mangang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
u like corn or peanuts better?

i mean ur so far up Bushs ass i figured
you would know if he has corn or peanuts
in his **** .

Memo2000
Member # 3996

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Memo2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melia Travel Egypt one of the largest source of travel-related in Egypt , practical , reliable travel information for both business travelers and sightseeing tourists visiting Egypt.
Melia Travel has been established in early 80th in cooperation with the International Viajes Melia as one of the International leading tour operator in Egypt.
Objective
Melia Travel Egypt's prime objective is to provide high quality travel & tour services to our customers. We are committed to ensuring that our customers receive the most amazing, satisfying and memorable packages http://www.melia-egypt.com

Posts: 271 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Anybody who believes in wide spread voter fraud in America is a complete idiot. This is pure sour grapes and the people who spew this nosense are just sore losers. The United States is a conservative counrty, always has been and will be for years to come.....accept that and live with it. We are not going to elect some socialist, tree hugging left wing goofball if we can help it.
lrigami
Member # 6912

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lrigami     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pardon me but since when are americans who care about the environment over green backs the enemy to you? u should check ur priorities

how can u say american has always been conservative, do u mean the majority?

winning at any price is fake

Posts: 47 | From: united states | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Irigami, we all care about the enviorment but that doesn't mean we have to go to bizarre extremes. We do not win 'at any price' as you say...we just win. yes, the majority is conservative, much more so than in Europe.
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Irigami, we all care about the enviorment but that doesn't mean we have to go to bizarre extremes. We do not win 'at any price' as you say...we just win. yes, the majority is conservative, much more so than in Europe.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com