EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » MODERATORS WANTED APPLY WITHIN (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: MODERATORS WANTED APPLY WITHIN
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Moderators,

Please wake up and check your inboxes or at least open a thread or two in this section of ES every other day or so and look at what's going on. Your site has been overrun by seemingly witless over-sexed drama kings/queens who do nothing but spew obscene language and filth in every other sentence.
Many of us are unable to follow any threads anymore, have any discussions or even navigate without running into about 5 of these nitwits you refuse to police according to your own standards of rule in your 'user agreement'. [Confused]
Sure, we all make mistakes and slip up, we're only human...most of us learn from them.

Am I the only one who sees the insidious nature with which these people are posting? It's almost as if they know nobody is watching so they are just running rampant.

Perhaps the Moderators need to start passing out some job applications or something because if this is the idea of 'job well done' most of us are far from impressed. I'm sure the average passerby who stumbles onto ES for information, news or cultural diversity discussions are being slammed in the face with the same smut. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
encrypted
Member # 13625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for encrypted         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

Am I the only one who sees the insidious nature with which these people are posting?

One of very few. There are enough people who seem to enjoy those threads.

It's also a slippery slope. We will never come to agreement as to how much moderation is reasonable. I say let's be thankful they were kind enough to limit it to this section.

Posts: 147 | From: Auto's World | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Dear Moderators,

Please wake up and check your inboxes or at least open a thread or two in this section of ES every other day or so and look at what's going on. Your site has been overrun by seemingly witless over-sexed drama kings/queens who do nothing but spew obscene language and filth in every other sentence.
Many of us are unable to follow any threads anymore, have any discussions or even navigate without running into about 5 of these nitwits you refuse to police according to your own standards of rule in your 'user agreement'. [Confused]
Sure, we all make mistakes and slip up, we're only human...most of us learn from them.

Am I the only one who sees the insidious nature with which these people are posting? It's almost as if they know nobody is watching so they are just running rampant.

Perhaps the Moderators need to start passing out some job applications or something because if this is the idea of 'job well done' most of us are far from impressed. I'm sure the average passerby who stumbles onto ES for information, news or cultural diversity discussions are being slammed in the face with the same smut. [Roll Eyes]

I hear you Smuckers! I tried to get the moderators attention a few months ago and basically got laughed at. There is nothing but trash and trashy people posting on these forums. I for one don't post often but when I do read some of this, I don't really know how to post to such rubbish. I mean why would anyone want to? Most of it is just fighting, name-calling, childish behavior and cursing at one another. AND its by the same people everyday! I think it is hopeless.... [Frown]
Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
davieschristopher
Member # 15225

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for davieschristopher   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, don't worry everyone, this thread will be a drama starter by the tomorrow morn. I have no clue what will happen, but every thread seems to have that happen. It runs amok and far from answering the question, it makes judgment calls. I am not one to have a say, but I can rest to assure you that it will happen, someway or another..... [Frown] Oh well, people will be people...

--------------------
Peace Out Girl Scout

Posts: 409 | From: Iowa, United States | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Dear Moderators,

You are NOT the only one to see the disgusting posts!!!!

Some people have no self-respect!

This place had potential at one point, but it was hijacked again! And this time, I give up!

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is childishness at its finest. [Roll Eyes]
Daviechristopher, you are right people will be people, but people should have some consideration for others, as well. If it were a thread or two, fine, we all get in a funny/silly mood or talk about one particular subject (the picnic table thread is a prime example), but this is WAY beyond that. It's an inundation of obscene language, hatred, vicious fighting, slandering and almost stalking on every thread.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What upsets me most is dragging innocent children and taunting their physical appearance into the slanging matches. Dreadful behaviour.

On the whole I try and stay away from this area of the board.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear you smuckers, I'm really going off this site because of it, but then I'd miss the normal people
Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The trouble, this section isn't hardly about EGYPT at all, probably only 2%. When people come on this part they just let everything out and there are good ways and bad ways of doing that, unfortunately you get the bad ways most often. Also there are so many people using the internet who just make up their lives, living in a fantasy world. They love it here, cos it feeds them, well WE feed them really, I am guilty of it too because I bother to read and respond.

Maybe we should all join forces and just ignore and not post on those threads?

I think if there were more Egyptians it wouldn't be like this, I would love to come on here and read about real egyptian life, and how real egy women feel in relationships, and men too. but I guess that wont happen because they are not really likely to talk about their relationships.

So, assuming that would never happen, maybe we should think about how we could make the subjects more about EGYPT.

InshaAllah I am going this week, who has some advice for me? I am worried about the heat

Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Shanta, I missed that trash slinging of the children, that will always bring out someone's true character, won't it? [Frown]

Dawn, I'm with you. There are some good people here, but it does seem that as time goes by that list of people gets smaller and smaller.

Mrs., I agree, I mean giving your opinion about something is one thing, but the depths some are going to, the name calling, the insulting and words used...overt sexual behavior as if any other thought could not be bouncing around in their small minds, it's just boring. [Roll Eyes]

Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, if they want to discuss their sexual practices, go to a relevant forum!

some things are private

but then they will argue the point that its a public forum ............

some are just attention seeking and we should ignore

Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

overt sexual behavior as if any other thought could not be bouncing around in their small minds, it's just boring. [Roll Eyes]

you know, this always makes me laugh (and I hope I didnt offend you when I replied to YEG about different sexual practices in the UK), I always feel sorry for those people who have a need to talk so graphically about sex, because they either think they are the only ones doing it and they need to educate us all, or they are not doing it at all and so have to overly justify it.

I find it really cringy and embarrassing when I read what they put, same feeling I get when I'm sitting with someone who talks with their mouth open, spitting food all over the table with every word [Big Grin]

its etiquette, or lack of.

Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
oh damn - I forgot I left the bath running - now have a water running into my dining room from the ceiling [Frown]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Talking about sex is one thing, we all do it, it's natural...but it's the overtly sexual talk I'm speaking of...and the constant constant constant talk. Some of them can think of nothing else and that's what I find boring.

OMG Dawn! [Eek!]

Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dawn-Bev*:
oh damn - I forgot I left the bath running - now have a water running into my dining room from the ceiling [Frown]

OMG!!! I did that once sat in the kitchen without a care in the world wondering what the noise was, alhamdulillah the ceiling never came crashing down!
Hope its ok, dont turn on the lights!

Smuckers - I know what you mean [Smile] sent you message elsewhere.

Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
its not too bad ........ some cleaning up to do that I really didnt want to do on my day off!

nor did I particularly want to repaint the ceiling!

maybe no one will notice ......... [Smile]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

I always forget about the tea pot boiling water, I can't tell you HOW MANY new pots I have had to purchase...I'm famous for doing that. [Wink]
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
My favourite is burning the toast!

I have an idea for you Dawn-Bev - never hoover again! that way people will be too busy looking at the state of the floor to notice the ceiling [Big Grin]

Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
[Big Grin]
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with smuckers. I have not been a member for very long but i used to come on here and find out alsorts. Now a days its the same people fighting accross 5-6 threads and it gets a little boring after a while. When ever a thread starts thats a bit interesting or fun it doesnt take long before it turns into the same old fights again and the thread is lost.

P.S i keep nearly burning the house down by leaving the hair straightners on.

Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by miffmiss:
i used to come on her

Am I the only one with a dirty mind working here ?
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha ha trust you to notice that typo
Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
davieschristopher
Member # 15225

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for davieschristopher   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
quote:
Originally posted by miffmiss:
i used to come on her

Am I the only one with a dirty mind working here ?
Hehe...Noice one Vader. I am sure you not the only pervert here that caught that one! [Big Grin]
Posts: 409 | From: Iowa, United States | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there is a difference in the kidding around that we all do sometimes and giving graphic descriptions of what one is doing with their mate. IMHO, when someone gets so graphic about their relationship it makes the relationship appear as cheap and devalues it.

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

^^^ Absolutely.
But I think it's more than that. I could care less if someone wants to devalue their relationship with their partner, I just want to reserve the right to not be slammed in the face with it everytime I try to follow a thread...and it seems lately to be almost EVERY thread. Seems better today, it's difficult to imagine some of these people have mothers that are actually concerned about them. Seems they are celebrating mother's day and have given us a day of peace. [Big Grin]

Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hackers, gossipers, frauds, retirement bitches and little europeans ........

And they have yet to notice that running to hermaphrodite and campus boy yield to your demands only after their google ad hits dwindle.

--------------------
Offend one offend all during the season.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^^^ Absolutely.
But I think it's more than that. I could care less if someone wants to devalue their relationship with their partner, I just want to reserve the right to not be slammed in the face with it everytime I try to follow a thread...and it seems lately to be almost EVERY thread. Seems better today, it's difficult to imagine some of these people have mothers that are actually concerned about them. Seems they are celebrating mother's day and have given us a day of peace. [Big Grin]

i have also noticed that!!!
its so nice here in es today!!!!!
no fights slanders

and no stupid new threads with animals
jokin.....lol

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course some people rather chat, gossip, bitch, flame, gang up on others mob style, than seek happiness.

For some sexual physical relations are more meaningful than internet communication.

Just a thought.

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Also the same folks who demand in this thread more discussion of Egypt start 90% of their threads on non-Egypt topics, Oprahesq type discussions. I hate oprah, she has a white suburban housewife trapped in her.

Most daily posters derail Egypt based threads on petty affairs of their daily life which again have nothing to do with Egypt.

--------------------

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.:
quote:

overt sexual behavior as if any other thought could not be bouncing around in their small minds, it's just boring. [Roll Eyes]

you know, this always makes me laugh (and I hope I didnt offend you when I replied to YEG about different sexual practices in the UK), I always feel sorry for those people who have a need to talk so graphically about sex, because they either think they are the only ones doing it and they need to educate us all, or they are not doing it at all and so have to overly justify it.

I find it really cringy and embarrassing when I read what they put, same feeling I get when I'm sitting with someone who talks with their mouth open, spitting food all over the table with every word [Big Grin]

its etiquette, or lack of.

Don't even need to add anything else.Exactly my thoughts,Mrs.
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Talking about sex is one thing, we all do it, it's natural...but it's the overtly sexual talk I'm speaking of...and the constant constant constant talk. Some of them can think of nothing else and that's what I find boring.

OMG Dawn! [Eek!]

Usually,the ones constantly talking about it are the ones who never do it.... [Wink]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the thing is that it is what has been posted on a different topic, what have we got in common? The answer is Egypt, whether, living there, or a loving for it or with an Egyptian partner. My gripe had always been that yes we can agree to disagree with each other,that's what a forum is about. But when people start to personally insult others, then the cat fights start and the original topic gets lost, which is sad. If someone comes here as a new poster looking for advice, they are shot down because yes we have heard it all before, but to them it's all new. I feel we should not treat them with the "Oh here we go again" attitude and help them with advice. Those that want to cause trouble, the answer is simple ignore them and don't reply! Personally I have learnt alot from this site over the years and will no doubt learn much more. The bad should not be allowed to ruin things for the genuine posters.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeema:
What upsets me most is dragging innocent children and taunting their physical appearance into the slanging matches. Dreadful behaviour.

On the whole I try and stay away from this area of the board.

Did you ever get to see Sono's girl pic dragged to exactly this section here by ES's notorious hacker,Oldbag?And those were personal pics of a child that only the mother should have the option to post on a public board.YouTube is a totally public website and anyone posting any video there is aware that is open to the whole world to see,including children videoclips.
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
quote:

OMG Dawn! [Eek!]

Usually,the ones constantly talking about it are the ones who never do it.... [Wink]
errr...I don't know about that but I'll take your word for it. [Wink]
[Razz]

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
I think the thing is that it is what has been posted on a different topic, what have we got in common? The answer is Egypt, whether, living there, or a loving for it or with an Egyptian partner. My gripe had always been that yes we can agree to disagree with each other,that's what a forum is about. But when people start to personally insult others, then the cat fights start and the original topic gets lost, which is sad. If someone comes here as a new poster looking for advice, they are shot down because yes we have heard it all before, but to them it's all new. I feel we should not treat them with the "Oh here we go again" attitude and help them with advice. Those that want to cause trouble, the answer is simple ignore them and don't reply! Personally I have learnt alot from this site over the years and will no doubt learn much more. The bad should not be allowed to ruin things for the genuine posters.

I agree with young at heart. I have learnt a lot but the biggest lesson i have learnt is a lot of people are too scared to put the full truth about themselves because they know they will be slated for it. That is sad really cos that is the point of this site is it not. To openly talk about love and marriage, the good and the bad.
DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gradually going downhill ..............

--------------------
free palestine

Posts: 346 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm.... where is Smuckers btw???
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think she's fed up with all the vulgarity and nonsense etc, and aren't we all

--------------------
free palestine

Posts: 346 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by DawnBev08:
I think she's fed up with all the vulgarity and nonsense etc, and aren't we all

Exactly my thoughts.

Smuckers.....we really miss you,girl!!!! [Frown]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm, Smuckers just posted today again!! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Hi all. [Smile] Thanks for missing me.
Actually, I have been away because of how things
have been on ES, yes, but also the baby started to walk. Needless to say, I've been running! [Wink]
Hope everyone is well.
-Smucky

DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
is everything ready for her 1st birthday party yet!!??

[Smile]

--------------------
free palestine

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
but also the baby started to walk.

Wow, congrats! And I bet she doesn't stop now!!
seabreeze
Member # 10289

No, not yet, but we are giving her a party (of course). Thankfully it falls on a Friday so I can spend the next day trying to get the cake off of the walls. [Big Grin]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
No, not yet, but we are giving her a party (of course). Thankfully it falls on a Friday so I can spend the next day trying to get the cake off of the walls. [Big Grin]

Chocolate rain ?
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's the party? [Razz] [Razz]
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Our place on the 30th. [Wink]
I suspect the baby will be throwing her cake, I hear we're only supposed to give her one big piece, but, I fear what she will do with it. [Big Grin]

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Our place on the 30th. [Wink]
I suspect the baby will be throwing her cake, I hear we're only supposed to give her one big piece, but, I fear what she will do with it. [Big Grin]

Open the cam for me while the party is going on and i will make sure to be there!!!! [Big Grin] [Razz]
DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
what's arabic for happy birthday?

something mabrook?

--------------------
free palestine

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
'eid milaad saeed' or 'kul sana wenta tayeb'
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com