EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Nikare's haircut,

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nikare's haircut,
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find the haircut in particular interesting.

Nikare with his Wife and Daughter

quote:
This statue represents the granary official Nikare with his family. His wife, Khuennub, kneels at his left and a daughter, Khuennebti stands at his right. Another statue of Nikare in the collection represents him as a scribe (48.67)
 -

-

-
http://www.metmuseum.org/collections/search-the-collections/100000053?img=3
 -

Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Nikare

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Yeah, with a WIG. LOL @ the desperate lyinass loser. [Big Grin]

This in no way refutes the point of Troll Patrol's thread-- that when Egyptians apply gel to their hair and wear caps, it creates a concentric ripple effect the same way as other Africans.

-

This was discussed several times before.

Posts: 26302 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

plant fiber?

let's see some examples shithead

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:

plant fiber?

Racist,

Have noticed the short hair texture?

Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol:
Have noticed the hair texture? [/QB]

-

^^^ this can't be compared to something modern achieved with electric clippers.
My main guess is that it is a cap

or a stylization of hair not intended to be a realistic hair pattern or cut

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

I found some interesting images,

-

-

-

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

plant fiber?

Racist,

Have noticed the short hair texture?

This perhaps what the wig would have looked like.

-

-

-

^^^^ doesn't look similar
 -

your the racist who happily posts white people with skin cancer

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Have noticed the hair texture?

-

or a stylization of hair not intended to be a realistic hair pattern or cut [/QB]

Racist, prove your main guess!

Prove how this haircut this is achieved!

The hairline goes all the way to the back of the neck. "A cap"LOL

-

-

-

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lyinass,:

quote:

plant fiber?

LOL Don't get mad and call me names because I burst your little straw bubble. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 26302 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
one closer look it's not by clippers. It's either natural or a chemical treatment. the lines are wavy unlike the sculpture which has smooth circles.

Whatever this guy's hair is you haven't proved that sculpture is showing the same hair

Asking me to prove a guess is a dumb request.

You're a racist, You are happy when white people get skin cancer and like to show off the pictures. You hate them

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
one closer look it's not by clippers. It's either natural or a chemical treatment. the lines are wavy unlike the sculpture which has smooth circles.

Whatever this guy's hair is you haven't proved that sculpture is showing the same hair

You're a racist, You are happy when white people get skin cancer and like to show off the pictures. You hate them

Racist, of course the sculpture is going to have smooth circles. LOL

And yeah, it can be "EITHER natural or chemically processed". Depending on the hair texture.

-

-

LOL at the Eurocentric defense mode.

The guessing itself was already a dumb move. LOL

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:

-

-

-

-

I cited those examples back here. But those wigs are of the braided variety. The plant fiber wigs that give a 'jet straight' look are the ones I'm looking for. So far I've only read about it from Diop and heard about it from some Africans. Of course lyinass demands this evidence too, but no doubt when I show it too her she will just pull something else right out her lying you know what. [Wink]
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

quote:

plant fiber?

LOL Don't get mad and call me names because I burst your little straw bubble. [Embarrassed]
You're a troll and a hypocrite.
You change my name in the quote every time and you ask me why I call you names.

That is the definition of a troll. I just read an article about how trolls like you bring down the mental level of a discussion.

When a civilized converstaion is going the troll comes in and does things like changes people's names in quotes and other insults.
The troll's goal is to polarize the conversation.

The insults begin and people become more emotional in their replies, the conversation becomes polerized at a less intellgent level lacking nuance.
You do this. dana does it. You are both trolls by definition.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

quote:

-

-

-

-

I cited those examples back here. But those wigs are of the braided variety. The plant fiber wigs that give a 'jet straight' look are the ones I'm looking for. So far I've only read about it from Diop and heard about it from some Africans. Of course lyinass demands this evidence too, but no doubt when I show it too her she will just pull something else right out her lying you know what. [Wink]
That's true, but given the fact that this tradition is all over the continent, in variety. Speaks volumes.

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

-
 - [/QB]

quote:

guessing itself was already a dumb move. LOL [/QB]

-
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

-

or a stylization of hair not intended to be a realistic hair pattern or cut

Your guess is WRONG as always! There is NO such cap worn by Egyptians besides, I already explained how the look is achieved and it is NOT by "clippers"! LMAO [Big Grin]
quote:
 -
ROTFLMAO

For someone who claims to be 'black' or of African descent, you seem to be really ignorant about black hairstyles. I'm told that to achieve such a look only requires gel (fat or butter) and then wearing a wave cap.

That you assume it to be "clippers" or "chemicals" sound like that of a white person speculating on the style of a black person's hair!
quote:

Whatever this guy's hair is you haven't proved that sculpture is showing the same hair.

Really? Troll's hypothesis is as good as any, if not the BEST one offered. YOU on the other hand haven't proved otherwise!

quote:
Of course it is, because YOU can never prove anything! LOL

quote:
ad-hominem name-calling and accusations. Hmmm. Sounds like the rantings of one who lost a debate she never had a chance of winning. [Embarrassed]
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

-
 -

quote:

guessing itself was already a dumb move. LOL [/QB]

- [/QB]
I am "waiting" for your prove!

Don't let me wait another whole year, before you'll come up with: "there is no prove"!

Thanks in advance.

Your favorite website:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waves

http://www.360waves.org/

-

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Art of Ancient Egypt: A Resource for Educators
By Edith Whitney Watts, Barry Girsh, Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.)
 -
___  -

^^^ the figures are described as wearing wigs assholes

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
[Roll Eyes]

quote:
Egyptians of Status Wore Wigs, presumably on formal occasions. Curls of the wife's own hair can be seen on Her forehead. Just beneath the wig.
--Art of Ancient Egypt: A Resource for Educators
By Edith Whitney Watts, Barry Girsh, Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.)

Nikare with his Wife and Daughter

-

[Big Grin] @ Eurocentrism.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the desperate lyinass:

Art of Ancient Egypt: A Resource for Educators
 -
___  -

^^^ the figures are described as wearing wigs assholes

Your desperation is as pathetic as it is hilarious! LMAOH [Big Grin]

It's obvious the authors you cite are merely speculating about Nikare's hairstyle being a "wig" as there is NO evidence whatsoever for such short wigs being worn. All wigs are are long and not short, and neither do they display the pattern observed on Nikare's head. [Embarrassed]

mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nikare Hair style look like a modern African American hair style.This is the proof that the Ancient Egyptian were wooly hair(some had straight hair) black people.

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by mena7:
Nikare Hair style look like a modern African American hair style.This is the proof that the Ancient Egyptian were wooly hair(some had straight hair) black people.

The AE were a variation of African ethnic groups. There was intrusion from outside of Africa. But it was minimal. Most (ad)-mixture happened relatively recent, mainly in the North of Egypt.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com