EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » upper egyptians (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: upper egyptians
ali_egypt
Member # 8309

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ali_egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
asalaam aleikum
I'm new and i was reading trough out this forum and Lol it surprised me how you all think upper Egyptians are that dark! Some even go as far as saying they are black.

Typical upper Egyptians.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdogg
Member # 7449

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 154 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayazid
Member # 2768

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Ayazid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your representation of Upper Egyptians is correct Ali. However, most of people on this board are heavily biased Americans who donīt know and donīt want to know this fact. They have completely different mentality and history, so their obsession by racial issues is obvious. Those people are at most 15% black and most Middle and Upper Egyptians look like them.
Posts: 653 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayazid
Member # 2768

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Ayazid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some nice picks of Upper Egyptian fellaheen from Qena, Sohag, Assiut, Minia, Beni Suef and Fayoum:

http://www.care.org.eg/careinpics.htm

Check also this galleries from Beni Suef:

http://www.afrikafreundeskreis.de/galerie/beni_suef/
http://www.danmission.dk/?id=1156&search_word=&search_word=

This is quite good (and non-censored) info about Upper Egyptians, so ya Rab I hope that it will be not deleted or something. Many people say many things, but these picks are really informative and clear.

[This message has been edited by Ayazid (edited 12 July 2005).]

Posts: 653 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TooInvolved
Member # 8273

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TooInvolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's clear that some (if not all) of those posted above have black heritage. They're def. not white.
Posts: 74 | From: Phila., PA , USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayazid
Member # 2768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayazid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are also some picks of Sa3ayeda from el Minya:
http://www.spraguephoto.com/stock/images/5500_5999/5717.jpg
http://www.spraguephoto.com/stock/images/5500_5999/5783.jpg
http://www.spraguephoto.com/stock/images/5500_5999/5721.jpg
http://www.spraguephoto.com/stock/images/5500_5999/5790.jpg
http://www.spraguephoto.com/stock/images/5500_5999/5777.jpg
http://www.spraguephoto.com/stock/images/5500_5999/5746.jpg
http://www.spraguephoto.com/stock/images/5500_5999/5782.jpg
http://www.spraguephoto.com/stock/images/5500_5999/5788.jpg
http://www.spraguephoto.com/stock/images/5500_5999/5793.jpg
http://www.spraguephoto.com/stock/images/5500_5999/5794.jpg
http://www.spraguephoto.com/stock/images/Schools/3172.jpg
http://www.spraguephoto.com/stock/images/Family/3175.jpg

Check it here:
http://www.spraguephoto.com/search.lasso?-op=cn&keywords=minya& -search=Search&-op=cn&keywords=&-op=cn&keywords=

[This message has been edited by Ayazid (edited 12 July 2005).]

TooInvolved
Member # 8273

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TooInvolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty brown people. Some look "blacker" than others. One guy even had naps! ROTFL!

I want to take this one home:

Posts: 74 | From: Phila., PA , USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Most of those people are from Middle Egypt. Middle Egypt has had a long history of settlement of foreigners,so this is why I avoid using them as phenotypes of the ancient Egyptians. In Middle Egypt its divided between Fellahin,bedouin Arabs,and Ashraf so when you post pictures you really don't know what you are getting. Most foreigners don't know the complete history of this region either.

So the reason why many people in this area look Arab or like Berbers is because either they are mixed with such or they are actually these two ethnic groups.

Ayazid, stop making comments like people are 15% percent black. You can't measure racial admixture in people,and no complete genetic test has ever been done on the modern Egyptian population.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ali_egypt and Ayazid, READ the following!

quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Most of those people are from Middle Egypt. Middle Egypt has had a long history of settlement of foreigners,so this is why I avoid using them as phenotypes of the ancient Egyptians. In Middle Egypt its divided between Fellahin,bedouin Arabs,and Ashraf so when you post pictures you really don't know what you are getting. Most foreigners don't know the complete history of this region either.

So the reason why many people in this area look Arab or like Berbers is because either they are mixed with such or they are actually these two ethnic groups.

Ayazid, stop making comments like people are 15% percent black. You can't measure racial admixture in people,and no complete genetic test has ever been done on the modern Egyptian population.

will ignorance never cease.

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol,

Ayzid, i got a question for u. Why? just why to u spend your time, trying to define what egyptians are, when first of all, you are not even egyptian, and you act as if you are. Why do u go from forum to forum(brazzil.com), giving your definition of what modern egytians as if your egyptian. I am basically thats all i see u respond too.

Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ali_egypt:
asalaam aleikum
I'm new and i was reading trough out this forum and Lol it surprised me how you all think upper Egyptians are that dark! Some even go as far as saying they are black.

Typical upper Egyptians.

lol, those look more like delta felhien.

Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Actually,Multisphinx, those people are mostly Middle Egyptians from Minya down to Sohag. This is not deep Saeed[] which is from Sohag south who are mostly dark-brown. People in Middle Egypt are more lighter brown than people from Sohag southward into Aswan.

What happened in Middle Egypt was that there were many settlements of foreigners from the Ptolemaic period[Greco-Roman period] into the Islamic period. Infact, many Arab tribes were settled in various areas of Middle Egypt particulary around Minya,Asyut and Sohag.

Around areas like Fayoum were settlements of mercenaries from Syria,Greece,and other places. Fayoum during the Greco-Roman times was a very cosmopolitan place that included intermingling with local Egyptians,Greeks,Syrians,etc...

Here is what Frank J Yurco has to say about the Middle Egyptian population:

In the Nile Valley you can see the full range, if you travel southward from
Egypt to Sudan, where in the Shilluk, Dinka, and Nuer, you'd find the very
blackest Africans. Many, though display high bridged noses, and some, wavy
hair. In Ethiopia, the population gets lighter complexioned, and many
look very much like the average Middle Egyptian. In Egypt too, the people
range from light complexioned up north to very dark around Aswan, where
the population gradually shifts to Nubian.

Sincerely,
Frank J. Yurco
University of Chicago

--
Frank Joseph Yurco fjyu...@midway.uchicago.edu

I personally don't mind Ayazid except that he often goes on other forums pretending to be Egyptian. He goes under the of Shenouda.

People when they analyze have to understand each village in Egypt has a different history. Bedouins live in the Western Desert and parts of Middle Egypt. I could show you a village in Luxor like Gurna and Marris that have two different histories. In Gurna there were settlements of Arab tribes known as the Horobot. In Marris there are lighter than your average Luxor Egypt because local women were raped by French soliders. Ask most Luxor Egyptians and they will tell you this.

Let me also mention that areas of Middle Egypt like Fayoum and even Minya had settlements of nomadic Berber tribes that settled down there. A chronicler named Al Nabulsi dating to around the 1200's under the Ayyubids documents these people living there. You can find in the Arabic of rural Egyptians in these parts Berber[Amazigh] words that trace back to Morocco.

In areas like Sohag to Qena you have tribes like the Hawwara that were pushed there by the Mamelukes in the 1300's. This caused alot of trouble for the fellahin living there.

Contrary to what people might say, there are real Arabs living in Middle Egypt. Nasser's family was an Arab tribe called the Beni Morr,and he was proud of it.

The Red Sea is not that far away from parts of Upper Egypt,and definately there is some evidence of movements of Arabs into parts around the Red Sea area at least dating to the Ptolemaic period. But these groups that intermingled with the Egyptian population there adapted the culture and lived peacefully with the Egyptians.

The later Arab caliphs dumped Arab tribes into the Delta and Middle Egypt to pacify the Fellahin population. Mostly Northern Arabian tribes from Syria and some Yemani tribes.

The story is much more complex than people would have you believe. Because people in Egypt don't get educated completely about what went on during the Islamic period they ae left in the cold. Much neglected in the era after the pharaohs.

[This message has been edited by ausar (edited 13 July 2005).]

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Actually,Multisphinx, those people are mostly Middle Egyptians from Minya down to Sohag. This is not deep Saeed[Said al=Garawni] which is from Sohag south who are mostly dark-brown. People in Middle Egypt are more lighter brown than people from Sohag southward into Aswan.

What happened in Middle Egypt was that there were many settlements of foreigners from the Ptolemaic period[Greco-Roman period] into the Islamic period. Infact, many Arab tribes were settled in various areas of Middle Egypt particulary around Minya,Asyut and Sohag.

Around areas like Fayoum were settlements of mercenaries from Syria,Greece,and other places. Fayoum during the Greco-Roman times was a very cosmopolitan place that included intermingling with local Egyptians,Greeks,Syrians,etc...

Sincerely,
Frank J. Yurco
University of Chicago

--

I personally don't mind Ayazid except that he often goes on other forums pretending to be Egyptian. He goes under the of Shenouda.

People when they analyze have to understand each village in Egypt has a different history. Bedouins live in the Western Desert and parts of Middle Egypt. I could show you a village in Luxor like Gurna and Marris that have two different histories. In Gurna there were settlements of Arab tribes known as the Horobot. In Marris there are lighter than your average Luxor Egypt because local women were raped by French soliders. Ask most Luxor Egyptians and they will tell you this.

Let me also mention that areas of Middle Egypt like Fayoum and even Minya had settlements of nomadic Berber tribes that settled down there. A chronicler named Al Nabulsi dating to around the 1200's under the Ayyubids documents these people living there. You can find in the Arabic of rural Egyptians in these parts Berber[Amazigh] words that trace back to Morocco.

In areas like Sohag to Qena you have tribes like the Hawwara that were pushed there by the Mamelukes in the 1300's. This caused alot of trouble for the fellahin living there.

Contrary to what people might say, there are real Arabs living in Middle Egypt. Nasser's family was an Arab tribe called the Beni Morr,and he was proud of it.

The Red Sea is not that far away from parts of Upper Egypt,and definately there is some evidence of movements of Arabs into parts around the Red Sea area at least dating to the Ptolemaic period. But these groups that intermingled with the Egyptian population there adapted the culture and lived peacefully with the Egyptians.

The later Arab caliphs dumped Arab tribes into the Delta and Middle Egypt to pacify the Fellahin population. Mostly Northern Arabian tribes from Syria and some Yemani tribes.

The story is much more complex than people would have you believe. Because people in Egypt don't get educated completely about what went on during the Islamic period they ae left in the cold. Much neglected in the era after the pharaohs.

kifaru
Member # 4698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kifaru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayazid'
The picture you posted from care do more to refute your claim than support it. Lets get back to ancient AE all of us.

Posts: 167 | From: usa | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fareed
Member # 7663

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fareed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean to say "pretty CAUCASOID people". I don't see any Black Africans or even East African looking people in most of those pictures. The Caucasoid element is the dominant phenotype.

Even for someone from Cairo, I was a little fooled by these AFRO*** claims that all Upper Egyptains are Black People.

I guess "DEAD HEAD Djehuti" can R.I.P.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

quote:
Originally posted by TooInvolved:
Pretty brown people. Some look "blacker" than others. One guy even had naps! ROTFL!

I want to take this one home:

[This message has been edited by fareed (edited 13 July 2005).]

Posts: 229 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fareed
Member # 7663

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fareed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The little girl above does look very cute and she looks like a little RUSSIAN GIRL that I met in Ukraine during my last trip there.

Posts: 229 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dahlak
Member # 6687

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dahlak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fareed:
You mean to say "pretty [b]CAUCASOID people". I don't see any Black Africans or even East African looking people in most of those pictures. The Caucasoid element is the dominant phenotype.

Even for someone from Cairo, I was a little fooled by these AFRO*** claims that all Upper Egyptains are Black People.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

[This message has been edited by fareed (edited 13 July 2005).][/B]

What are you talking about don`t look like even east african, have you ever been in east africa???? there are a lot Egyptain look like east african, i am not saying all east african, for example the Tigray or the Amhara people. I am Eritrean Rashaida and i want you to look on the map before you put your comment. Like you people put or write the crap without the knowledge. The only country try to claim Egypt as a white is only America. In Europe they have different opinion. EGYPT IS NOT WHITE and EAST AFRICAN WERE NOT WHITE AND ARE NOT WHITE, this goes to evle euro. You are moran as he is.

Posts: 232 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fareed
Member # 7663

Rate Member
dahlak, the term "White" and "Caucasoid" are not the same thing.

Most "white" people are "Caucasoids", but the reverse is not always true, because there are many Dark Caucasoid People around the world. Actually, there are more Dark Caucasoid people than white/light Caucasoid people.

The people in Egypt and East Africa are not the same, but of course there are exceptions with some in each population resembling each other.

True, Egyptians are considered "white" people in America, but this is only for official government business.

quote:
Originally posted by dahlak:
What are you talking about don`t look like even east african, have you ever been in east africa???? there are a lot Egyptain look like east african, i am not saying all east african, for example the Tigray or the Amhara people. I am Eritrean Rashaida and i want you to look on the map before you put your comment. Like you people put or write the crap without the knowledge. The only country try to claim Egypt as a white is only America. In Europe they have different opinion. EGYPT IS NOT WHITE and EAST AFRICAN WERE NOT WHITE AND ARE NOT WHITE, this goes to evle euro. You are moran as he is.

tdogg
Member # 7449

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

True, Egyptians are considered "white" people in America, but this is only for official government business.

Don’t you mean Arab Lower Egyptians?

One minute you bash the US race classifications, the next you are using them to make your point. Make up your mind.

Posts: 154 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fareed
Member # 7663

Rate Member
No such petty divisions are made by the U.S. Government. All Egyptians are included in this official designation of "white" or "Caucasian" Egyptians.

Personally, I would prefer the term, NON-BLACK AFRICANS, as in the 40% of all Native Africans who make up this large segment of the population of the continent.

quote:
Originally posted by tdogg:
Don’t you mean Arab Lower Egyptians?

One minute you bash the US race classifications, the next you are using them to make your point. Make up your mind.

[]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You mean to say "pretty CAUCASOIDpeople". I don't see any Black Africans or even East African looking people in most of those pictures. The Caucasoid element is the dominant phenotype.

Fool, READ what Ausar said!:

quote:
Actually,Multisphinx, those people are mostly Middle Egyptians from Minya down to Sohag. This is not deep Saeed[] which is from Sohag south who are mostly dark-brown. People in Middle Egypt are more lighter brown than people from Sohag southward into Aswan.

Sincerely,
Frank J. Yurco
University of Chicago

--

You are the one who is BRAIN DEAD, foolish Fareed!! LOL

[This message has been edited by Djehuti (edited 13 July 2005).]

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

quote:
Foolish Fareed says: A picture is worth a thousand words.

Indeed!!

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Foolish fareed says:
dahlak, the term "White" and "Caucasoid" are not the same thing.

Most "white" people are "Caucasoids", but the reverse is not always true, because there are many Dark Caucasoid People around the world. Actually, there are more Dark Caucasoid people than white/light Caucasoid people.

Then what the heck is a "caucasoid"?!!
How do you define one?!!

quote:
The people in Egypt and East Africa are not the same, but of course there are exceptions with some in each population resembling each other.

Of course, in Modern times they aren't because Egypt is different from the rest of East Africa because it has a large influx of foreigners, but that wasn't the case in Ancient times!!

quote:

Actually the official government classifications on 'race' are just as screwed up as YOU are!

Face it Fareed, it is YOU and all your silly fantasies that will be...

Resting in Peace

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
ali_egypt, please stop with your selective picture spamm. This is like me posting pictures of white Afrikaners and saying that this is how South Africans look like!

The people on this forum are alot smarter than you think and only weak-minded idiots like Fareed would fall for it!!

As for Ayazid...

quote:
Ausar said: I personally don't mind Ayazid except that he often goes on other forums pretending to be Egyptian. He goes under the name of Shenouda.

LOL get a life!

ali_egypt
Member # 8309

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali_egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

djetuti, those black looking south egyptians are rare. i can find white looking south egyptians if i want to but does that mean the average south egyptian looks black or white?
BTW Don't tell me how MY PEOPLE look like.

[This message has been edited by ali_egypt (edited 13 July 2005).]

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ali_egypt
Member # 8309

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for ali_egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all these damn foreigners should stop telling us how our people look like and these black people should be proud of their own roots / heritage / nationality etc and stop claiming ancient Egypt or Ancient Egypt as black!!
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

djetuti, those black looking south egyptians are rare. i can find white looking south egyptians if i want to but does that mean the average south egyptian looks black or white?

My point exactly is that Modern Egypt is diverse, so what's the deal with the pictures? And those black Egyptians are not rare if you go into deep Saeed.

I can find just as many black Egyptians as I can "white" ones!

quote:
all these damn foreigners should stop telling us how our people look like and these black people should be proud of their own roots / heritage / nationality etc and stop claiming ancient Egypt or Ancient Egypt as black!!

First off, I'm not even black and second, Ausar is a rural Fellahin.

And of course ancient Egypt is black, it's in Africa and it's people and culture is African. If you did more research, you would know that.

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say the following as allah is my witness:
1. Egypt is an African country
2. What do I see when I look at Sadat
3. Mawali are the backbone of Islam
4. Judge a man by his actions.

Egypt is a country of many hues and they are all represented. Let us not pick one and deny the other!

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
quote:

One question for u. Have you ever been to upper Egypt?

fareed
Member # 7663

Rate Member
DEAD HEAD Djehuti's SOURCE for these pictures, is nothing more than an AFRO*** propaganda Website!! LOL

[URL=http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Pressbox/7045/Afrocentric/black_egyptian.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Pressbox/7045/Afrocentric/black_egyptian.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Pressbox/7045/Afrocentric/luxor1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Pressbox/7045/Afrocentric/meester.jpg]

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Pressbox/7045/Afrocentric/alabaster_lad.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Pressbox/7045/Afrocentric/kid2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Pressbox/7045/Afrocentric/bazaarluxor.jpg

[http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Pressbox/7045/Afrocentric/saeedi_families.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

Indeed!!

SELECTIVE AFRO*** DISTORTION---YES INDEED!!

[This message has been edited by fareed (edited 14 July 2005).]

fareed
Member # 7663

Rate Member
DEAD HEAD Djehuti is a BIG FOOL, PLS DON'T MIND THIS ANGRY NEGRITO'S RHETORIC

He claims that he is not an Afrocentric, yet he helps himself to a large serving of their propaganda websites and their distorted pictures and fantasy! LOL

quote:

[This message has been edited by ali_egypt (edited 13 July 2005).]

ali_egypt
Member # 8309

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali_egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol Djehuti got busted
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if Djehuti is a big fool (which he's not), what does that make you? i'd say it but i'd probably get banned if i did.
Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayazid
Member # 2768

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Ayazid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
ali_egypt, please stop with your selective picture spamm. This is like me posting pictures of white Afrikaners and saying that this is how South Africans look like!

Those pick, which Ali and me posted werenīt censored, so whatīs your point my dear? They are from Middle Egypt, where most Sa3ayeda live and most Egyptians even live in Delta. so ...

quote:

The people on this forum are alot smarter than you think and only weak-minded idiots like Fareed would fall for it!!

Donīt use this language, this is a language of idiots.

quote:

As for Ayazid...
LOL get a life!

Ha Ha Ha. Thanks to God, I am what I am.

[This message has been edited by Ayazid (edited 14 July 2005).]

Ayazid
Member # 2768

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by multisphinx:
One question for u. Have you ever been to upper Egypt?

And have you ever been in Egypt? I donīt think so, if you claim that Lower Egyptians look like mullatoes ?!?

walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry, but the majority of Arabs/inhabitants of the Middle East are not white (or caucasian). white is a skin color, not an ethnicity.

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayazid
Member # 2768

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by walklikeanegyptian:
sorry, but the majority of Arabs/inhabitants of the Middle East are not white (or caucasian). white is a skin color, not an ethnicity.

Nobody said that black or white is an ethnicity. This is an american opinon and not Egyptian one. Most Egyptian consider themselves to be "qamhy" ("wheat-colored" = light brown), however there are also many beed (whites) and somr (dark). However most Egyptians and other Middle Easteners are considered to be caucasoid.

Ayazid
Member # 2768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayazid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by multisphinx:
Lol,

Ayzid, i got a question for u. Why? just why to u spend your time, trying to define what egyptians are, when first of all, you are not even egyptian, and you act as if you are. Why do u go from forum to forum(brazzil.com), giving your definition of what modern egytians as if your egyptian. I am basically thats all i see u respond too.

Yes I really act like an Egyptian. I am very phlegmatic, inviting and patient person with nice mentality. Thatīs my personality,so what I can to do with that?

[This message has been edited by Ayazid (edited 14 July 2005).]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
DEAD HEAD Djehuti's SOURCE for these pictures, is nothing more than an AFRO*** propaganda Website!! LOL
quote:
ali_egypt says:
Lol Djehuti got busted

And how did I get "busted"? So what if those come from an "Afrocentric" site? The site is perfectly honest when it states that these pictures are native rural Egyptians! They never said that all Egyptians looked like this. So how is this "propoganda"?!!

What about these locals who helped with the excavation of Tutankhamun?

Are these "Afrocentric" propoganda?

or what about Tutankhamun himself?

Perhaps the ancient Egyptians are also trying to spread "Afrocentric propaganda" LOL

[This message has been edited by Djehuti (edited 14 July 2005).]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Spamming the board with pictures of "caucasian" peoples in Upper Egypt won't help you win your case.

At least we Americans know our own nation's history. Learn YOURS!!

quote:

The Red Sea is not that far away from parts of Upper Egypt,and definately there is some evidence of movements of Arabs into parts around the Red Sea area at least dating to the Ptolemaic period...

Sorry Ali Baba!

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
[b]DEAD HEAD Djehuti is a BIG FOOL, PLS DON'T MIND THIS ANGRY NEGRITO'S RHETORIC

He claims that he is not an Afrocentric, yet he helps himself to a large serving of their propaganda websites and their distorted pictures and fantasy! LOL
[/B]

LMFO Fareed, you are a brain-dead fool. You wouldn't know a Negrito from an ethnic Filipino anyway. So you insults mean nothing to me.

You are the one who is trying to distort and your spread you fantasies of "caucasian" ancient Egyptians.

All sensible people on this forum please don't mind the angry Afrangi, he is just mad cuz his fantasies are crashing to an end!

ali_egypt
Member # 8309

Rate Member
Djehuti you are afro centric but you wont say it i know.
And those locals could be Nubians, Bejas etc !

[This message has been edited by ali_egypt (edited 14 July 2005).]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Djehuti you are afro centric but you wont say it i know.
And those locals could be Nubians, Bejas etc !

Wrong on both counts Ali-Baba!!

I'm not an Afrocentric. LOL I'm not even black!!

And lastly those Luxor village people are not Nubians or Beja, they are Egyptian!!

Typical Afrangi mentality to dismiss black peoples in Egypt as being Nubians or Beja.

So I suppose King Tut was a Nubian or Beja also?

ali_egypt
Member # 8309

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for ali_egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Wrong on both counts Ali-Baba!!

I'm not an Afrocentric. LOL I'm not even black!!

And lastly those Luxor village people are not Nubians or Beja, they are Egyptian!!

Typical Afrangi mentality to dismiss black peoples in Egypt as being Nubians or Beja.

So I suppose King Tut was a Nubian or Beja also?

King Tut looks egyptian not Nubian etc.

[This message has been edited by ali_egypt (edited 14 July 2005).]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
King Tut looks egyptian not Nubian etc.

LOL Are you generalizing and suggesting that all Egyptians look like this?!!:

Besides, the reconstruction is FLAWED!! So don't even bother parading that thing around!

Are you suggesting that the ancient portraits made by the people who saw him are wrong?!!

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
We've had many discussions already about the ridiculous reconstructions of Tut, so I suggest you look in the archives!

The skin color was modeled after modern day Egyptians and certain soft body parts like the end of the nose are only a guess. The whole science is not as accurate as you think, especially with all the discrepancies made. As I have pointed out here http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum8/HTML/002055.html

Besides, the reconstruction looks like a light-skinned black Puerto-Rican friend of mine! LOL

walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
it looks like Derek Jeter to me, who is half BLACK, half white. and it doesn't even look like King Tut's lotus bust or his death mask.

someone PLEASE answer this. why are invaders to Egypt considered "Egyptian" but Nubians in Egypt are considered "Nubian"? both aren't native to Egypt so why aren't the Nubians also considered Egyptian if living in Egypt? seems like a double standard.

ali_egypt
Member # 8309

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for ali_egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by walklikeanegyptian:
it looks like Derek Jeter to me, who is half BLACK, half white. and it doesn't even look like King Tut's lotus bust or his death mask.

someone PLEASE answer this. why are invaders to Egypt considered "Egyptian" but Nubians in Egypt are considered "Nubian"? both aren't native to Egypt so why aren't the Nubians also considered Egyptian if living in Egypt? seems like a double standard.

a real egyptian would never ask a question like this.

walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
quote:

not true. a real Egyptian who is sick of listening to distorted facts about their heritage would ask a question like that. and i expect an answer.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

LMAO Fool, you don't even know what a real Egyptian is!!!

Someone like this...

is a REAL Egyptian!

You even claim that all those black natives from Luxor that helped Carver's expedition were "Nubian"!!!

After all these gross errors I seriously doubt that you are an Aswani, as you claim (let alone a real Egyptian)!!!

Even the Bohary elites stereotype Aswanis as being all black, yet you claim that blacks are rare in those areas and intead there are "tons" of white Egyptians!!

I greatly have my suspicions!!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com