EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Judeo-Christian Mythology (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Judeo-Christian Mythology
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for typeZeiss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so I didn't want to hijack the other thread anymore so I figured we can discuss the historicity of the Hebrew myth here. I will cut and past what I have replied to so far and we can go on from there.
Posts: 1296 | From: the planet | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for typeZeiss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
^Please Albinos and Mulattoes:

STOP annoying me with your:

They're Berbers:
They're Egyptians:
They're Arabs:
They're Persians:
They're Phoenicians:
They're Mesopotamians:
They're Anatolians:
They're Hebrews:

Nonsense and Bullsh1t!

They're TURKS!

PERIOD!

All of those REAL people were BLACK People!

Well, its a fact that there were some mixed populations in North Africa before the Turks man. remember moors brought in millions of white slaves into North Africa, which helped to lighten up the area. You also have to remember Greeks, Romans also came in their and there was another Mediterranean group that came in during the time Kemet was an empire. So we can not deny that there has been mixture of various whites in that area. I won't say these whites have ANYTHING to do with Phoenician though, because to my knowledge Phoenicians were described as being black and "Hebrews" are a myth.
Posts: 1296 | From: the planet | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
typeZeiss - You are correct, I "over generalized". That was done purposefully, I have found that too much detail confuses.

Hebrews a myth?

How so?

Ah ok,

As for the Hebrews, here is some reading material and a few videos IF you're interested:

Thirteenth Tribe: Khazar Empire and Its Heritage By Arthor Koestler

Also Read

The Invention of the Jewish People By Shlomo Sand

Videos:

Lecture by Shlomo Sand

Archeology doesn't support the "Hebrew" story

No archeological evidence for Jesus or Solomon

From my research I have come to one certainty. David, Solomon, Moses, Amos and Jesus were pharaohs from the 18th Dynasty. The "Hebrews" are actually the Egyptians. There was NEVER a Hebrew or Jewish people as we have come to understand them. Christianity, Judaism and Islam are just dressed down versions of the kemetic religion. I know that might erk a lot of people but that is what my research has led me to. Another good book to read is The Hebrew Pharaohs of Egypt by Ahmed Osman

Eventually I will turn my research to the time of Herod. Someone built that site on the temple mount which I would assume was Herod. However, I leave room for doubt in that regard, because everything else surrounding these people seems to be a lie, so who knows.

Also,

YouTube Israel Finkelstein. He is a famous Jewish archaeologist. See what he says about the history of the Jews. He also address those archaeologist who claim to have found stuff when in reality they are taking liberties with history.

typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
That Syria was once the domain of Cepheus, an Ethiopian king,Tacitus wrote that the Romans believed that the Jews originated in Ethiopia but fled the persecutions of the King. Strabo,even earlier,stressed that people of Western Judea was Africiod:

But although the inhibatance are mixed up thus,the most accerdited reports in regards to the people of Jerusalem reperesents the ancestors of the present Judeans as they are called Egyptians.

The remains found at Lakish:The excavacation uncovered a mass of human bones,which was estamated to form the remains of fifteen hundred individuals..remains of 695 skulls were brought to London by the British expidition...curiously,the crania indicate a close resemblance to the population of Egypt at this time...the relationships found suggest that the population of the town in 700 B.C was entirely of Egyptian origin..they show further,that the population of lakish was probably derived from upper Egypt.James e Brunson

By inference I'd have to say some body was!!!

That is from Greek Mythology and the "Aethiopia" they were referring to isn't present day "Ethiopia". That was the term the Greeks applied to all of Black Africa. They even called Egyptians "Aethiop" at times. Just meant black skinned people and Aethiopia was applied to lands controlled/dominated by black skinned people. If you look at old maps of Africa back in the 1800s and 1700s you will see that they called most if not all of Africa Ethiopia at one point. Then in the 70s present day Ethiopia decided to use the term to refer to themselves. Before which time they were known as El Habasha or Abyssinia as it was called by the Europeans
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:
quote:
Originally posted by typeZeiss:
quote:
That Syria was once the domain of Cepheus, an Ethiopian king,Tacitus wrote that the Romans believed that the Jews originated in Ethiopia but fled the persecutions of the King. Strabo,even earlier,stressed that people of Western Judea was Africiod:

But although the inhibatance are mixed up thus,the most accerdited reports in regards to the people of Jerusalem reperesents the ancestors of the present Judeans as they are called Egyptians.

The remains found at Lakish:The excavacation uncovered a mass of human bones,which was estamated to form the remains of fifteen hundred individuals..remains of 695 skulls were brought to London by the British expidition...curiously,the crania indicate a close resemblance to the population of Egypt at this time...the relationships found suggest that the population of the town in 700 B.C was entirely of Egyptian origin..they show further,that the population of lakish was probably derived from upper Egypt.James e Brunson

By inference I'd have to say some body was!!!
That is from Greek Mythology and the "Aethiopia" they were referring to isn't present day "Ethiopia". That was the term the Greeks applied to all of Black Africa. They even called Egyptians "Aethiop" at times. Just meant black skinned people and Aethiopia was applied to lands controlled/dominated by black skinned people. If you look at old maps of Africa back in the 1800s and 1700s you will see that they called most if not all of Africa Ethiopia at one point. Then in the 70s present day Ethiopia decided to use the term to refer to themselves. Before which time they were known as El Habasha or Abyssinia as it was called by the Europeans
Just to keep records straight...

In Ityopia, there exists at least two thousand year old written record of the name Ityopia. Any Ethiopian would tell you that the word was not etymologically greek. It is an Afrikan word.

You telling me there are 2,000 year old records with the word Ityopia means nothing. 1. what are the records
2. who wrote them
3. is it before or after the population became Christians?

Anyone can say anything, but what does the data say and how are you interpreting that data? So lets begin, with the names of these records.

typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Meh,

Im not good with doing the quote within a quote thing. I am going to add my last few posts and people are free to respond.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ah ok well then I suggest you watch the videos and see what Finkelstein says for himself. He isn't saying what your claiming.

As for me not listening to Finkelstein that's comical. He isn't talking rocket science, its very simple to gather what he is saying.

1. The biblical stories are a myth
2. when you dig down what you find is polytheist NOT some mythical monotheistic people

Its that simple. The current group of people calling themselves Jews can only really date their beliefs back to Herod's time.

I've watched the first three video's of the documentary of David, and I've also watched the other youtube vid in which Finkelstein makes a cameo. I won't watch anymore of your video's, because you're wasting my time.

This is what the first three video's of that documentary on David are about:

-How do modern finds and working methods stack up against claims and working methods of early biblical scholars?
-Are there 10th century bc settlements that match the wealth and the demographics of the biblical account of Davids time?
-Is there evidence of David himself?
-Is the ancient document (Tel Dan inscription) that that contains Davids name, and dates to 150 years after Davids supposed reign, evidence for his existence?

No where, and I mean absolutely nowhere in that doc, does Finkelstein even speak on the historicity of the character David, only on whether there is evidence for the claim that he would have ruled over a centralised state in the 10th century bc.

Also, Finkelstein's questioning of a centralized polity in Davids time, does not extend to post Davidic kings and prophets, a few generations later.

Bottomline; you can't and won't find a single quote from Finkelstein saying there was never a united kingdom, that he believes David was made up, that he considers the Mesha and Tel Dan inscriptions flimsy, or any of your other imaginatined attributions to him, because they're non-existent.

C'mon man. Why are you wasting peoples time, and lying to yourself? You're not even just selectively filtering what you want to hear out of that documentary, you go a step further; you're hearing things that aren't even there.

Also, no one knowledgable, and certainly not the bible, ever said the ancient Israelites were a monotheistic bunch.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Ok, so I didn't want to hijack the other thread anymore so I figured we can discuss the historicity of the Hebrew myth here. I will cut and past what I have replied to so far and we can go on from there.

I won't have much to contribute to this thread but

1 - The Hebrew (ethnolinguistic) mythology is not Judeo-Xian mythology.

2 - Myth is not historiography. Legends have strata of historicity.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whoops dup
Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Please explain yourself Tukuler

Let me explain what I am saying

1. Historically the story of the "Jews" didn't happen. No big exodus of Semites out of Egypt. No King name David that ruled from Mesopotamia to Africa, no King name Solomon with the same big kingdom. No man named Moses. Its a farce. I do believe they are based off of real events, but I believe the current people calling themselves Jews have their beginning in the kingdom of Herod. I also believe 90% of the people of the world calling themselves Jews are converts, not directly linked through blood from some parent "tribes"

africurious
Member # 19611

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for africurious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^typezeiss, i think you should separate the topics of modern jews and the ancient hebrews or whoever they were. We can discuss the historicity of the ancients without adding unnecessary complication by discussing modern jews (that can be done in another thread). (Btw, I agree the evidence is overwhelming that most modern jews aren't direct descendants of the ancient ppl whom they claim.)
Posts: 214 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:

1. The Hebrew (ethnolinguistic) mythology is not Judeo-Xian mythology.

Hebrew literature stands unique, separate, independent,
    and predates the Greek Scriptures and Xianity. Xianity
    cannot stand alone from Hebrew literature. It depends
    on it. However, the reverse is not true.

2. Myth is not historiography. Legends have strata of historicity.

I think mythology deals more with cosmogny, nature, and
    elementals. Legends involve personages, places, and events
    relating to some substrata of real people, actual locations,
    and assumed happenings.

EX. The archeaology of Sennacherib's throne room supports that Hebrew
    narratives on Assyria conquering the city Lachish have an historic substrata.

africurious
Member # 19611

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for africurious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something I've been wondering (and will research at some pt when i have time)...

To me it seems the history of the hebrews has been too skewed by religious heritage/feeling of jews and christians.

Ancient Hebrew is the same language as phoenician. They are referred to by different names (canaanite and hebrew) out of politico-religious reasons. There is no systematic way to tell ancient texts written by hebrews and phoenicians apart. This begs some salient questions i think:

1.So, how do we know texts attributed to hebrews weren't written by phoenicians or other ppls in the area? Just because text sounds similar to old testament writing one assumes it's hebrew?

2.If they spoke the same language then what does that say about hebrew origins and notions of hebrews supposedly being unique ppl with unique religion?

3.The Ras Shamra texts written in ugaritic are centuries older than any Old Testament text but they show phraseology similar to in the OT along with other similarities. Furthermore, ugaritic is a quite similar language to canaanite (aka hebrew). So, it would seem to me that the hebrews were related to other ppl in the levant and their religious notions were simply a variant of what was already in the levant. Anyone with any info on this? Swenet?

Posts: 214 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by africurious:
^typezeiss, i think you should separate the topics of modern jews and the ancient hebrews or whoever they were. We can discuss the historicity of the ancients without adding unnecessary complication by discussing modern jews (that can be done in another thread). (Btw, I agree the evidence is overwhelming that most modern jews aren't direct descendants of the ancient ppl whom they claim.)

I agree man, so lets stick the the Ancient people then. Lets focus on the time period from Moses, Joshua, Saul, Amos, Boaz, David, Solomon etc.?
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
quote:

1. The Hebrew (ethnolinguistic) mythology is not Judeo-Xian mythology.

2. Myth is not historiography. Legends have strata of historicity.

I think mythology deals more with cosmogny, nature, and
    elementals. Legends involve personages, places, and events
    relating to some substrata of real people, actual locations,
    and assumed happenings.

EX. The archeaology of Sennacherib's throne room supports that Hebrew
    narratives on Assyria conquering the city Lachish have an historic substrata.

I accept your terminology and have no qualms with it.

As for Sennacheribs throne room, are you implying that this then gives weight to a historic Hebrew/Jewish people who believed in One God and had a kingdom under the ruler David? Please explain this portion of your statement.

africurious
Member # 19611

Rate Member
Seems the goddess ashura may've been depicted by canaanites and hebrewsin sculptures with short afro and lock twists (when she wasn't depicted with headress). See 4:43 in documentary vid below. There are other sculptures shown later too. 5:25 for close up of lock twists. Interesting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zh8LhpuiMc&feature=autoplay&list=PL09034F6602DC3977&lf=plpp_video&playnext=2

typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
^^

Thank you africurious

One motif that you find with the Prophets i.e. Amos, David, etc

hook, flail and sycamore tree or if they don't use those words then they will say Herdsmen, Shepards and then Sycamore figs. These are the signs of Pharonic rule.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

[list=1]
[*]The Hebrew (ethnolinguistic) mythology is not Judeo-Xian mythology.

"Xianity
on it."

and Islam following after, as Dr. John Henrik Clarke pointed out, is a copy of a copy

(but the Angel Gabriel was real, LOL)

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
quote:
quote:

[list=1]
[*]The Hebrew (ethnolinguistic) mythology is not Judeo-Xian mythology.

"Xianity
on it."

and Islam following after, as Dr. John Henrik Clarke pointed out, is a copy of a copy

(but the Angel Gabriel was real, LOL)

what does this have to do with the price of rice in China?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
what does this have to do with the price of rice in China? [/QB]

a more keep it real thread title for this thread would be
Judeo-Christian-Islamic Mythology

did Abraham and Ishmael exist?

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unnecessary. If Judeo-Christianity is shown to be a myth (like the holocau$t) then you don't need to address the other copies. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
what does this have to do with the price of rice in China?

a more keep it real thread title for this thread would be
Judeo-Christian-Islamic Mythology

did Abraham and Ishmael exist? [/QB]

I see your point, but let me show you why I didn't include Islam.

Islam does not go into detail about David and Solomon as the Judeo Christian story does. While, your correct, if the Abrahamic story is a myth the so would all three religions. However, we have not discussed the Abrahamic portion of the tale. Right now we are just focused on the judeo christian tales of the founding fathers of the Southern Kingdom, i.e. Amos, Saul, Boaz, David, Solomon etc. These are the people who supposedly founded the kingdom. To repeat, Islam does not go into detail about these matters so this isn't a issue of Islam. At least, not yet.

Lets take a example, in the bible Moses is a kid who was raised up by the house of the pharaoh, even though he wasn't a blood relative. When you read the Quranic version of that story, you do not get the impression he wasn't from the Royal blood line. So again, two totally different topics.

I will agree, this all has implications for all three religions though. I do not believe these stories negate the religions, I believe it will force all to re-evaluate how they have interpreted these religions, if you get my meaning?

typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:
Unnecessary. If Judeo-Christianity is shown to be a myth (like the holocau$t) then you don't need to address the other copies. [Roll Eyes]

Whoa, the holocaust was a myth? You sure man? Those pictures of people being lined up for the death camps look pretty convincing. Although, I think they over state the Jewish thing. It wasn't just the Jews, they went in on a LOT of people i.e. Gypsies, Gays etc.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
I do not believe these stories negate the religions

why not? All three religions are mythology

Is the Angel Gabriel not a fairy tale?

Even if Abraham or Ishmael existed there is no historical evidence that they were ever in Mecca.
Arabia was already populated by the descendants of Cush and Shem long before Abraham or Ishmael were born (Gen. 10:7). Their cities and temples have been well documented by archeologists.
If all the Arab people descended from Ishmael as Muhammad claimed, where did all the original Arabs go? What happened to them? Who did Ishmael marry if the Arabs did not already exist? If Arabia was unpopulated, who built Mecca? Since he lived there, obviously it existed before he was born. The facts speak for themselves. The Arab people existed before, during, and after Ishmael moved started roaming the wilderness of North Arabia.

typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Your should do more research, a lot of your problem revolves around you skimming the Internet for information instead of trying to gain a full understanding of the information being discussed. If you want to discuss this unrelated topic start a new thread
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[qb] That Syria was once the domain of Cepheus, an Ethiopian king,Tacitus wrote that the Romans believed that the Jews originated in Ethiopia but fled the persecutions of the King. Strabo,even earlier,stressed that people of Western Judea was Africiod:

original source:

The Histories

By Tacitus

Written 109 A.C.E.

Translated by Alfred John Church and William Jackson Brodribb

Table of Contents

Book V

Some say that the Jews were fugitives from the island of Crete, who settled on the nearest coast of Africa about the time when Saturn was driven from his throne by the power of Jupiter. Evidence of this is sought in the name. There is a famous mountain in Crete called Ida; the neighbouring tribe, the Idaei, came to be called Judaei by a barbarous lengthening of the national name. Others assert that in the reign of Isis the overflowing population of Egypt, led by Hierosolymus and Judas, discharged itself into the neighbouring countries. Many, again, say that they were a race of Ethiopian origin, who in the time of king Cepheus were driven by fear and hatred of their neighbours to seek a new dwelling-place. Others describe them as an Assyrian horde who, not having sufficient territory, took possession of part of Egypt, and founded cities of their own in what is called the Hebrew country, lying on the borders of Syria. Others, again, assign a very distinguished origin to the Jews, alleging that they were the Solymi, a nation celebrated in the poems of Homer, who called the city which they founded Hierosolyma after their own name.

http://www.nd.edu/~sheridan/Dothan.pdf

Am J Phys Anthropol. 2005 Oct;128(2):466-76.
Bioarchaeological analysis of cultural transition in the southern Levant using dental nonmetric traits.
Ullinger JM, Sheridan SG, Hawkey DE, Turner CG 2nd, Cooley R.
Source
Department of Anthropology, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA. Ullinger.1@osu.edu

-

_________________________________________________^^^^^^

-  -  -  -  -

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
DNA evidence shows that on their paternal side Ashkenazi Jews are primarily descended from the Middle East, not from Khazars or other indigenous European peoples
There is no trace of any Turkic language in the language spoken by Eastern European Jews, Yiddish . An article in Science states that Sand's hypotheses "clash with several recent studies suggesting that Jewishness, including the Ashkenazi version, has deep genetic roots". According to Sarah Tishkoff, a geneticist at the University of Pennsylvania, Ostrer's study "clearly shows a genetic common ancestry of all Jewish populations."

quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol:

**The earliest certain link with Egypt is 664 B.C., the date of the Assyrian sack of the Egyptian capital at Thebes. Although it is often possible to locate earlier events quite precisely relative to each other, neither surviving contemporary documents nor scientific dating methods such as carbon 14, dendrochronology, thermoluminescence, and archaeoastronomy are able to provide the required accuracy to fix these events absolutely in time.

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/ht/?period=02®ion=wam

Following:

*Millions of Jews traced to four women

Study identifies genetic signatures for 3.5 million Ashkenazi Jews

NEW YORK — About 3.5 million of today’s Ashkenazi Jews — 40 percent of the total Ashkenazi population — are descended from just four women, a genetic study indicates.
Those women apparently lived somewhere in Europe within the last 2,000 years, but not necessarily in the same place or even the same century, said lead author Dr. Doron Behar of the Rambam Medical Center in Haifa, Israel.

He did the work with Karl Skorecki of the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology and others.

Each woman left a genetic signature that shows up in their descendants today, he and colleagues say in a report published online by the American Journal of Human Genetics. Together, their four signatures appear in about 40 percent of Ashkenazi Jews, while being virtually absent in non-Jews and found only rarely in Jews of non-Ashkenazi origin, the researchers said.

They said the total Ashkenazi population is estimated at around 8 million people. The estimated world Jewish population is about 13 million.

Ashkenazi Jews are a group with mainly central and eastern European ancestry. Ultimately, though, they can be traced back to Jews who migrated from Israel to Italy in the first and second centuries, Behar said. Eventually this group moved to Eastern Europe in the 12th and 13th centuries and expanded greatly, reaching about 10 million just before World War II, he said.

Maternal lineages traced

The study involved mitochondrial DNA, called mtDNA, which is passed only through the mother. A woman can pass her mtDNA to grandchildren only by having daughters. So mtDNA is “the perfect tool to trace maternal lineages,” Behar said Thursday in a telephone interview.

His study involved analyzing mtDNA from more than 11,000 samples representing 67 populations.

Mike Hammer, who does similar research at the University of Arizona, said he found the work tracing back to just four ancestors “quite plausible ... I think they’ve done a really good job of tackling this question.”

But he said it’s not clear the women lived in Europe.

“They may have existed in the Near East,” Hammer said. “We don’t know exactly where the four women were, but their descendants left a legacy in the population today, whereas ... other women’s descendants did not.”

Behar said the four women he referred to did inherit their genetic signatures from female ancestors who lived in the Near East. But he said he preferred to focus on these later European descendants because they were at the root of the Ashkenazi population explosion.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10827385/ns/technology_and_science-science/

Avshalom Zoossmann-Diskin1,2,3 et al.

1 Department of Haematology and Genetic Pathology, School of Medicine, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
2 Department of Human Genetics, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
3 Current Address: Blood Bank, Sheba Medical Center, Ramat-Gan 52621, Israel

"The origin of Eastern European Jews revealed by autosomal, sex chromosomal and mtDNA polymorphisms"

The origin of Eastern European Jews, (EEJ) by far the largest and most important Ashkenazi population, and their affinities to other Jewish and European populations are still not resolved.

Studies that compared them by genetic distance analysis of autosomal markers to European Mediterranean populations revealed that they are closer to Europeans than to other Jewish populations [1-3].

In contrast, according to the Y-chromosomal haplogroups EEJ are closest to the non-Jewish populations of the Eastern Mediterranean (table 3, figure 4).

"EEJ are the largest and most investigated Jewish community, yet their history as Franco-German Jewry is known to us only since their appearance in the 9th century, and their subsequent migration a few hundred years later to Eastern Europe [4,5]. Where did these Jews come from? It seems that they came to Germany and France from Italy [5-8].

It is also possible that some Jews migrated northward from the Italian colonies on the northern shore of the Black Sea [9]. All these Jews are likely the descendents of proselytes.

Conversion to Judaism was common in Rome in the first centuries BC and AD. Judaism gained many followers among all ranks of Roman Society [10-13]."

The autosomal genetic distance analysis presented here clearly demonstrates that the investigated Jewish populations do not share a common origin.

The resemblance of EEJ to Italians and other European populations portrays them as an autochthonous European population.

**The demographic histories of three Jewish populations exemplify how different demographic patterns make the uniparental markers more reliable for Iraqi (Babylonian) Jews and Yemenite Jews and less reliable for EEJ. Both Yemenite Jews and Iraqi Jews resemble populations from their regions of origin according to autosomal markers [1,3,30-32].

**Babylonian Jews numbered more than a million in the first century AD [35], and constituted the majority of the population in the area between the Euphrates and the Tigris in the 2nd-3rd centuries AD [36]. Gilbert [37] estimates that by 600 AD there were 806,000 Jews in Mesopotamia, and according to Sassoon [38] it was inhabited by about a million Jews in the 7th century. In the 14th century the estimates for Baghdad alone range from 70,000 to hundreds thousands [38].

*By comparing the structure of the STRs network among the various Ashkenazi populations and among the various European non-Jewish populations they reached the conclusion that a single male founder introduced this haplogroup into Ashkenazi Jews in the first millennium.

http://www.biology-direct.com/content/5/1/57

Isaiah 20:4 So shall the king of Assyria lead away the Egyptians prisoners, and the Ethiopians captives, young and old, naked and barefoot, even with their buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Egypt.

Welcome!

The Jewish E Project (formerly Jewish E3b Project) is open to all males in Y-DNA haplogroup E and any of its subclades, who have KNOWN Jewish ancestry on their direct paternal line (your father's father's father, etc).

The E haplogroup has been observed in all Jewish groups world wide. One of its major subclades, E1b1b (formerly E3b) is considered to be the 2nd most prevalent haplogroup among the Jewish population.

According to one major paper, Contrasting patterns of Y chromosome variation in Ashkenazi Jewish and host non-Jewish European populations E-M35, which defines the E1b1b1 (formerly E3b1) haplogroup, is considered to be the second highest, next to J, for "Founding Jewish Lineages" in Europe. It is found in moderate amounts in all Jewish populations, from Ashkenazi, Sephardic, Kurdish, Yemen, Samaritan and even among Djerba Jewish groups.

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/JEWISHE3BPROJECT/default.aspx

-

-

-

-
Assyrian Soldiers

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Behar said the four women he referred to did inherit their genetic signatures from female ancestors who lived in the Near East.
LOL Gotta love these Jews and their vagueness!

1. Define "near east".

2. Exactly where in the "near east" these women supposedly originated?

3. In Palestine, Iraq, where?

Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
This section is the most comprehensive summary of Jewish genetic data. In recent years, advances in genetic technology and the broadening in scope of genetic studies to encompass more ethnic groups have allowed scientists to come to more accurate conclusions. Now that we have the benefit of more than a decade of comprehensive genetic testing of Jewish populations using modern techniques, we have finally come close to answering all the questions about Jewish ancestry. Part of the story is that Eastern European Jews have significant Eastern Mediterranean elements which manifest themselves in close relationships with Kurdish, Armenian, Palestinian Arab, Lebanese, Syrian, and Anatolian Turkish peoples. This is why the Y-DNA haplogroups J and E, which are typical of the Middle East, are so common among them. Jewish lineages from this region of the world derive from both the Levant and the Anatolia-Armenia region. At the same time, there are traces of European (including Northern Italian and Western Slavic or Eastern Slavic) and Khazar ancestry among European Jews. Many Greek and Roman women married Jewish men before conversion to Judaism was outlawed by the Roman Empire, and many of the Southern European ancestral lines in Ashkenazic families come from these marriages. Ethiopian Jews mostly descend from Ethiopian Africans who converted to Judaism, but may also be related to a lesser extent to Yemenite Jews. Yemenite Jews descend from Arabs and Israelites. North African Jewish and Kurdish Jewish paternal lineages come from Israelites. Jewish Y-DNA tends to come from the Middle East, and that studies that take into account mtDNA show that many Jewish populations are related to neighboring non-Jewish groups maternally. All existing studies fail to compare modern Jewish populations' DNA to ancient Judean DNA and medieval Khazarian DNA, but in the absence of old DNA, comparisons with living populations appear to be adequate to trace geographic roots.

link

For the thinking person this is very telling. Look at the wide range of people associated with the "Jews". Also the "israelite" DNA thing is sorta comical considering there was no Jewish state until the time of Herod. So who are these mythical "israelites" they speak of? We know these people were polytheist until much later so, it would seem they are using data and interpreting it in ways to further their mythology.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
^ This doesn't really address the Behar 2006 study re the exact origins of the four "founder women".

But it's amazing how they have no problem dismissing African Jews from Ethiopia as converts, "mostly descend from Ethiopian Africans who converted to Judaism," however white Jews are more "authentic", there are only "traces of European and Khazar ancestry among European Jews." LOL

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Christianity, Judaism and Islam are just dressed down versions of the kemetic religion.

Well I guess you're not a Muslim then
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Christianity, Judaism and Islam are just dressed down versions of the kemetic religion.

Islam unlike the other religions state it is not a new religion, it is a reform of the previous religions. It is stated these previous religions became corrupted through time. So there is nothing out of line with saying it has its origin in Kemet. While Islam does not spell out its geographic origin, it does give voice to the fact it comes from a much earlier tradition.
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:
^ This doesn't really address the Behar 2006 study re the exact origins of the four "founder women".

But it's amazing how they have no problem dismissing African Jews from Ethiopia as converts, "mostly descend from Ethiopian Africans who converted to Judaism," however white Jews are more "authentic", there are only "traces of European and Khazar ancestry among European Jews." LOL

Well, think about what the thing I posted said. It noted where the DNA may come from and one of the places is turkiye. Last time I checked the Khazars are at least a part of them came from Turkiye proper. So, they are taking liberties with the data to say the least. As for Ethiopian Jews, they may be converts, just as all the other jews are. There is nothing to support their made up history. I State that based off the previous post I made link
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Islam unlike the other religions state it is not a new religion, it is a reform of the previous religions. It is stated these previous religions became corrupted through time. So there is nothing out of line with saying it has its origin in Kemet. While Islam does not spell out its geographic origin, it does give voice to the fact it comes from a much earlier tradition.
So Islam is basically Kemetic religion?
why is Mecca not in Egypt centered around a pyramid rather than a black stone?

and Kemetic religion is not based on mythology?

and Judiasm, Christainity and Islam are not a rejection of African and Near Eastern beliefs in multiple deities?
Why does Islam not aknowledge Amun Ra, Horus, Osiris, Sekhmet, Anubis etc. etc. ?

and there was no religion prior to Kemet?

and more importantly what are the primary "corrections" that Islam made to Judaism and Christianity to return it to Kemetic religion? Does Muhammad speak of returning to Kemetic beliefs?

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

and Judiasm, Christainity and Islam are not a rejection of African and Near Eastern beliefs in multiple deities?
Why does Islam not aknowledge Amun Ra, Horus, Osiris, Sekhmet, Anubis etc. etc. ?

Islam acknowledges the supremacy of Amen-Ra each time a muslim like you uses the holy name of Amin, to end their prayers. In deeper Islam, there is Amin, the male and there is Aminata, the female.

And yes, Horus lives on as the star besides the crescent moon.

Osiris is now preserved as the name Waziri, in Islam. Waziri or Wasiri, is associated with leadership.

Isis a manifestation of Sekhmet lives on in Islam as Aisha.

And Annubis is probably the owner of the Islamic hell.

Lionese my dunce, you need to reflect, before you shoot... [Razz]

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the abundance of information I've posted, I wonder...can you comprehend or not?

Ashkenazim are very similar to the affinities of the Italians, with the Ashkenazim usually being a bit more distant from the other populations, as can be expected from a population that underwent a stronger genetic drift. It is thus unlikely that the Ashkenazim are a mixture of people from different places in the Mediterranean basin, unless current-day Italians themselves not only have absorbed foreign genetic contributions, but actually constitute such a mixture, and this seems unlikely as well.

quote:
DNA evidence shows that on their paternal side Ashkenazi Jews are primarily descended from the Middle East, not from Khazars or other indigenous European peoples
There is no trace of any Turkic language in the language spoken by Eastern European Jews, Yiddish . An article in Science states that Sand's hypotheses "clash with several recent studies suggesting that Jewishness, including the Ashkenazi version, has deep genetic roots". According to Sarah Tishkoff, a geneticist at the University of Pennsylvania, Ostrer's study "clearly shows a genetic common ancestry of all Jewish populations."

quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol:

**The earliest certain link with Egypt is 664 B.C., the date of the Assyrian sack of the Egyptian capital at Thebes. Although it is often possible to locate earlier events quite precisely relative to each other, neither surviving contemporary documents nor scientific dating methods such as carbon 14, dendrochronology, thermoluminescence, and archaeoastronomy are able to provide the required accuracy to fix these events absolutely in time.

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/ht/?period=02®ion=wam

Following:

*Millions of Jews traced to four women

Study identifies genetic signatures for 3.5 million Ashkenazi Jews

NEW YORK — About 3.5 million of today’s Ashkenazi Jews — 40 percent of the total Ashkenazi population — are descended from just four women, a genetic study indicates.
Those women apparently lived somewhere in Europe within the last 2,000 years, but not necessarily in the same place or even the same century, said lead author Dr. Doron Behar of the Rambam Medical Center in Haifa, Israel.

He did the work with Karl Skorecki of the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology and others.

Each woman left a genetic signature that shows up in their descendants today, he and colleagues say in a report published online by the American Journal of Human Genetics. Together, their four signatures appear in about 40 percent of Ashkenazi Jews, while being virtually absent in non-Jews and found only rarely in Jews of non-Ashkenazi origin, the researchers said.

They said the total Ashkenazi population is estimated at around 8 million people. The estimated world Jewish population is about 13 million.

Ashkenazi Jews are a group with mainly central and eastern European ancestry. Ultimately, though, they can be traced back to Jews who migrated from Israel to Italy in the first and second centuries, Behar said. Eventually this group moved to Eastern Europe in the 12th and 13th centuries and expanded greatly, reaching about 10 million just before World War II, he said.

Maternal lineages traced

The study involved mitochondrial DNA, called mtDNA, which is passed only through the mother. A woman can pass her mtDNA to grandchildren only by having daughters. So mtDNA is “the perfect tool to trace maternal lineages,” Behar said Thursday in a telephone interview.

His study involved analyzing mtDNA from more than 11,000 samples representing 67 populations.

Mike Hammer, who does similar research at the University of Arizona, said he found the work tracing back to just four ancestors “quite plausible ... I think they’ve done a really good job of tackling this question.”

But he said it’s not clear the women lived in Europe.

“They may have existed in the Near East,” Hammer said. “We don’t know exactly where the four women were, but their descendants left a legacy in the population today, whereas ... other women’s descendants did not.”

Behar said the four women he referred to did inherit their genetic signatures from female ancestors who lived in the Near East. But he said he preferred to focus on these later European descendants because they were at the root of the Ashkenazi population explosion.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10827385/ns/technology_and_science-science/

Avshalom Zoossmann-Diskin1,2,3 et al.

1 Department of Haematology and Genetic Pathology, School of Medicine, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
2 Department of Human Genetics, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
3 Current Address: Blood Bank, Sheba Medical Center, Ramat-Gan 52621, Israel

"The origin of Eastern European Jews revealed by autosomal, sex chromosomal and mtDNA polymorphisms"

The origin of Eastern European Jews, (EEJ) by far the largest and most important Ashkenazi population, and their affinities to other Jewish and European populations are still not resolved.

Studies that compared them by genetic distance analysis of autosomal markers to European Mediterranean populations revealed that they are closer to Europeans than to other Jewish populations [1-3].

In contrast, according to the Y-chromosomal haplogroups EEJ are closest to the non-Jewish populations of the Eastern Mediterranean (table 3, figure 4).

"EEJ are the largest and most investigated Jewish community, yet their history as Franco-German Jewry is known to us only since their appearance in the 9th century, and their subsequent migration a few hundred years later to Eastern Europe [4,5]. Where did these Jews come from? It seems that they came to Germany and France from Italy [5-8].

It is also possible that some Jews migrated northward from the Italian colonies on the northern shore of the Black Sea [9]. All these Jews are likely the descendents of proselytes.

Conversion to Judaism was common in Rome in the first centuries BC and AD. Judaism gained many followers among all ranks of Roman Society [10-13]."

The autosomal genetic distance analysis presented here clearly demonstrates that the investigated Jewish populations do not share a common origin.

The resemblance of EEJ to Italians and other European populations portrays them as an autochthonous European population.

**The demographic histories of three Jewish populations exemplify how different demographic patterns make the uniparental markers more reliable for Iraqi (Babylonian) Jews and Yemenite Jews and less reliable for EEJ. Both Yemenite Jews and Iraqi Jews resemble populations from their regions of origin according to autosomal markers [1,3,30-32].

**Babylonian Jews numbered more than a million in the first century AD [35], and constituted the majority of the population in the area between the Euphrates and the Tigris in the 2nd-3rd centuries AD [36]. Gilbert [37] estimates that by 600 AD there were 806,000 Jews in Mesopotamia, and according to Sassoon [38] it was inhabited by about a million Jews in the 7th century. In the 14th century the estimates for Baghdad alone range from 70,000 to hundreds thousands [38].

*By comparing the structure of the STRs network among the various Ashkenazi populations and among the various European non-Jewish populations they reached the conclusion that a single male founder introduced this haplogroup into Ashkenazi Jews in the first millennium.

http://www.biology-direct.com/content/5/1/57

Isaiah 20:4 So shall the king of Assyria lead away the Egyptians prisoners, and the Ethiopians captives, young and old, naked and barefoot, even with their buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Egypt.

Welcome!

The Jewish E Project (formerly Jewish E3b Project) is open to all males in Y-DNA haplogroup E and any of its subclades, who have KNOWN Jewish ancestry on their direct paternal line (your father's father's father, etc).

The E haplogroup has been observed in all Jewish groups world wide. One of its major subclades, E1b1b (formerly E3b) is considered to be the 2nd most prevalent haplogroup among the Jewish population.

According to one major paper, Contrasting patterns of Y chromosome variation in Ashkenazi Jewish and host non-Jewish European populations E-M35, which defines the E1b1b1 (formerly E3b1) haplogroup, is considered to be the second highest, next to J, for "Founding Jewish Lineages" in Europe. It is found in moderate amounts in all Jewish populations, from Ashkenazi, Sephardic, Kurdish, Yemen, Samaritan and even among Djerba Jewish groups.

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/JEWISHE3BPROJECT/default.aspx

-

-

-

-
Assyrian Soldiers

This picture was included in my post....you left it out!

-

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Paintings of the Pre-Islamic Kaʿba
G. R. D. King Muqarnas

Vol. 21, Essays in Honor of J. M. Rogers (2004), pp. 219-229
Published by: BRILL

-

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So Islam is basically Kemetic religion?
why is Mecca not in Egypt centered around a pyramid rather than a black stone?

and Kemetic religion is not based on mythology?

and more importantly what are the primary "corrections" that Islam made to Judaism and Christianity to return it to Kemetic religion? Does Muhammad speak of returning to Kemetic beliefs?

"So Islam is basically kemetic religion?"

So is Christianity and Judaism to lesser or greater degrees. I say out of all of them, the lesser would be Christianity because they have also mixed in pagan European religions into monotheistic Kemetic religion (yes Kemet was monotheist)

"why is Mecca not in Egypt centered around a pyramid rather than a black stone?"

A Pyramid was not a religious symbol for the kemetic religion. Some say it was a tomb, others say it was for initiation rites.

"Kemetic religion is not based on mythology?"

Not sure what this has to do with anything.

"Judiasm, Christainity and Islam are not a rejection of African and Near Eastern beliefs in multiple deities?
Why does Islam not aknowledge Amun Ra, Horus, Osiris, Sekhmet, Anubis etc. etc. ?"

African's do not believe in multiple deities, that is something Europeans indulge in. EVERY African religion has a belief in a supreme being from which ALL things came, that's called monotheism. What you are calling "deities" are nothing more than emanations of the one true God. Islam has the concept of the 99 names of Allah, it is the same exact concept. If I can use an example, think of a Apple. You can cut it into as many pieces as you want, it is still a part of that ONE apple.

Horus, Osiris, Sekhmet Anubis etc. were attributes of the one divine being, that's all. When Sunni Muslims close out their prayer they close it with Amen, where do you think that came from? People didn't just pull that word out of the sky. The neteru has very esoteric meanings behind them. There would be no need to have the neteru as they were in Ancient Egypt, because their symbolism was tied to the culture of Africa. You would adapt those symbolism so that they would be universal, yet the underlying meaning is still there.

"there was no religion prior to Kemet?"

Not sure what this has to do with anything

more importantly what are the primary "corrections" that Islam made to Judaism and Christianity to return it to Kemetic religion? Does Muhammad speak of returning to Kemetic beliefs?

Kemet was not the originator of the religion we find in Kemet. We find depictions of Anubis that are at least 2,000 years older than the founding of Kemet. You also find depictions of Hathor as well. We also know that the religion, the writing system etc. all came from further South. So there would be no need for Prophet Muhammad to say (hey we are going back to Kemet in terms of belief). 1. Arabs aren't from Kemet. 2. The religion is older than Kemet. 3. Prophet Muhammad was concerned with delivering divine truth, regardless of the origin of the teachings.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously, Typezeiss is out to get the best of both worlds, and sit on the fence, so to speak. He wants to claim an Egyptian origin for his religion (which his religion says is inherently pagan), and be a devout Muslim as well. Nothing wrong with that from a democratic viewpoint, but he’s obviously confused for trying to harmonize both intellectually and religiously. I know of no Muslim that wouldn’t call this proposal anything short of open blasphemy.

9 times out of 10, the bible condemns ancient Egyptian religious traditions and their most related counterparts to the South, in Cush. It also makes it clear that Egypt and Cush were to be reformed religiously, with Hebrew religious customs, not that Egypt and Cush were to reform the Middle East religiously.

While it is true that the Koran maintains its purpose is to replenish the supposedly corrupted previous Abrahamic religions, this obviously doesn’t offer a free ticket to go beyond the texts of those exact same preceding Abrahamic religions, to look for origins (duhh).

If there was no Ancient Israelite kingdom, as he maintains, then it is impossible for him to be a devout muslim, as Lioness correctly asserts, since the Koran positions itself as an improved, more recent version of those earlier Abrahamic religions, and furthermore, it (the Koran) holds in high regard all the Bronze age mythical prophets Typezeiss claims are fabricated.

quote:
Originally posted by Typezeiss:
When Sunni Muslims close out their prayer they close it with Amen, where do you think that came from?

The name of the Egypto-Nubian deity 'Amun', 'Amen' or other variations have nothing whatsoever to do with the word that various religious proponants use to end their prayers.

quote:
African's do not believe in multiple deities, that is something Europeans indulge in. EVERY African religion has a belief in a supreme being from which ALL things came, that's called monotheism.
This is also not true.
The idea you talk about, where all deities are manifestations of a single deity, is a later idea. The earliest Egyptians did practice a form of polytheism, like many other Africans did, and some in fact still do.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
quote:
If there was no Ancient Israelite kingdom
Please keep in mind:

You have failed to prove its existence so far.

You have failed to prove the existence of your Patriarchs, any of them.

^ lets keep the focus here and save us the useless long ass posts.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
I already did, dummy.

In return, you said that the documents I cited were smoke screens. Demonstrate that the documents I cited constitute smoke screens in relation to what was asked of me, and make yourself usefull (i.e., bend over so I can intellectually kick you in the ass), will ya?

typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
Obviously, Typezeiss is out to get the best of both worlds, and sit on the fence, so to speak. He wants to claim an Egyptian origin for his religion (which his religion says is inherently pagan), and be a devout Muslim as well. Nothing wrong with that from a democratic viewpoint, but he’s obviously confused for trying to harmonize both intellectually and religiously. I know of no Muslim that wouldn’t call this proposal anything short of open blasphemy.

9 times out of 10, the bible condemns ancient Egyptian religious traditions and their most related counterparts to the South, in Cush. It also makes it clear that Egypt and Cush were to be reformed religiously, with Hebrew religious customs, not that Egypt and Cush were to reform the Middle East religiously.

While it is true that the Koran maintains its purpose is to replenish the supposedly corrupted previous Abrahamic religions, this obviously doesn’t offer a free ticket to go beyond the texts of those exact same preceding Abrahamic religions, to look for origins (duhh).

If there was no Ancient Israelite kingdom, as he maintains, then it is impossible for him to be a devout muslim, as Lioness correctly asserts, since the Koran positions itself as an improved, more recent version of those earlier Abrahamic religions, and furthermore, it (the Koran) holds in high regard all the Bronze age mythical prophets Typezeiss claims are fabricated.

quote:
Originally posted by Typezeiss:
When Sunni Muslims close out their prayer they close it with Amen, where do you think that came from?

The name of the Egypto-Nubian deity 'Amun', 'Amen' or other variations have nothing whatsoever to do with the word that various religious proponants use to end their prayers.

quote:
African's do not believe in multiple deities, that is something Europeans indulge in. EVERY African religion has a belief in a supreme being from which ALL things came, that's called monotheism.
This is also not true.
The idea you talk about, where all deities are manifestations of a single deity, is a later idea. The earliest Egyptians did practice a form of polytheism, like many other Africans did, and some in fact still do.

You don't know what your talking about.

1. Islam does NOT say Egypt was pagan. Though it does condemn some of the pharaohs. So wrong there

2. Open blasphemy lol, you don't know what your talking about. Do you know what Shirk is? What constitutes shirk? Go ahead and google it and come back and pretend as if you knew before hand. I studied under a Mufti for the better part of my young adult hood (early 20s into my 30s. So you trying to tell me about my religion is comical at best. I will leave you to google what a Mufti is

You know what, im in a good mood so let me educate your ignorant @ss. Shirk is setting up partners with God. You don't seem to know anything about the religion of Ancient Egypt. Read Barnals work, Masseys work, Budges work, Diop's work etc. concerning the religion of the Ancient Egyptians. All site the same thing. The Egyptians said that Amon was One, absolute, without partners, none was like him etc. etc. When we look at the cosmogony of Annu with Atum/Tem you get the SAME thing, one, without partners who then created. the Neteru are nothing more than divine emanations. Before trying to talk on a situation you clearly know nothing about first educate yourself, then get back to me.

3. you stating that amen has nothing to do with how various religions end their prayers means nothing. I can say the sky is purple, still sounds just a moronic as your assertions do [Smile]

As for what the earlier Egyptians practiced, again you dont know what your talking about. Your using your opinions which seems to be based off your emotions. Much like a animal when it makes a move. Become a human, base your statements on facts and then use critical thinking. Read Budges book "the Egyptian Gods". He clearly states from all the records they had at that time, that the priesthood clearly advocated a single, supreme deity. Do you even know what the creation story is for the Egyptians? If you did, you wouldn't be stating such absolute stupidity. The creation story in and of itself advocates ONE deity from which he created emanations of himself. The stupidity of some on this board seems to be limitless.

The rest of it, I can't bother to address, its based on stupidity and not facts. Go do some research, then come back and talk with the grown ups when you are well versed in how to carry on mature discussions.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
quote:
I already did, dummy.

In return, you said that the documents I cited were smoke screens. Demonstrate that the documents I cited constitute smoke screens in relation to what was asked of me, and make yourself usefull (i.e., bend over so I can intellectually kick you in the ass), will ya?

LOL! No you didn't. No need to return to any of your "documents" because like the Christians and their "Jesus box" (that tuned out to be a fake) all you Biblical nuts do is use flimsy "evidence" and stretch them as far as it can go, then let your imaginations do the work.

A fragment of a stele that contains inscriptions with varying interpretations and dates 150 years after "Davids supposed reign" (your words) does not count as evidence for a united kingdom under a Jewish monarch. Maybe the reality is that there were primitive "city sates" of huts and different tribes, but nothing to validate the fanciful stories re an "Israelite Kingdom" in the Hebrew book of myths.

This is why the respectable archeologists and scholars (as oppose to the "archeologists" on say TBN) working in Israel trying to validate the stories always contextualise their 'findings" with things like "is this the evidence", "could this be it" etc etc. Nothing solid, only wishful thinking.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
1. Islam does NOT say Egypt was pagan. Though it does condemn some of the pharaohs. So wrong there
Let's keep it real here, shall we? No need to hypocritically hide behind the absence of explicitly verbalized condemnations of ''pagan'' ancient Egypt, when cross examinations can be made. If the pre-Islamic Arabs were pagans, surely, the pork eating, animal sacrificing, blood consuming, idol depicting, idol worshipping, alcohol comsuming, reincarnation subscribing Egyptians were considered ''pagans'' as well, no?

quote:
2. Open blasphemy lol, you don't know what your talking about.
Here he is, bragging about what he knows about Islam, yet he thinks associating Islam with polytheistic aspects of Egypt is the only thing he uttered, that would be considered blasphemous to a devout muslim.

quote:
Read Barnals work, Masseys work, Budges work, Diop's work etc. concerning the religion of the Ancient Egyptians. All site the same thing. The Egyptians said that Amon was One, absolute, without partners, none was like him
We all know what happened the last time you led me on a wild goose chase, when you attributed your falsehoods to Finkelstein. Contrary to what you would have us believe with your absolute statements, Egyptian religion was not static. Ideas about Amun, like all the other Egyptian deities, changed over time, with the prestige of local cities. There was a time when Amun, like all other deities, was just a local deity, who had to compete with other local deities, all within the framework of locals rooting for their own deity, yet accepting other national deities as co-existing with their local deity. This contradicts with the later New Kingdom concept of Amun, that you are describing, and advocating as unchanging and static. Again, this is common Egyptology knowledge, but you, being the newbie that you are, are having trouble digesting this (which only further confirms your newbie status). I'm sure Budge, Diop and all the authors you cited knew this, and I'm sure this is reflected in their work. You just ignore those passages, like you did with Finkelstein's comments regarding king David and the historicity of ancient Israel. All in the spirit of keeping your brittle beliefs from crumbling up, when tested against reality.

quote:
you stating that amen has nothing to do with how various religions end their prayers means nothing. I can say the sky is purple, still sounds just a moronic as your assertions do
The root of Amen occurs in many Semetic languages, and means something to the effect of 'so be it'. Amun's name likely wasn't even pronounced as 'Amun' by the ancient Egyptians. It is widely known in academic circles that the people who believe the 'amen derives from Amun' theory, are pseudo-scientific quacks. Upon reading your disastrously amateurish posts, I can see why (you qualify).

quote:
As for what the earlier Egyptians practiced, again you dont know what your talking about. Your using your opinions which seems to be based off your emotions. Much like a animal when it makes a move.
LMAO. What are you, a tape recorder? Is that a canned line that you repeat whenever your idiotic views are challenged? The semi-nomadic groups of hunters-gatherers and cattle herders we call Neolithic Egyptians hadn't interacted with eachother enough to figure out what role each of their local deities were going to play relative to the deities of to the next group, let alone that they would be able to immediately and collectively agree on the idea that Amun from 'insignificant thebes' would grow out to be considered god himself.

You're obviously in the dark regarding Ancient Egyptian and Syrio-Palestinian matters. You should stick to whatever you do best; lying about respected scholars by putting words in their mouths, and hoping you don't get caught doing it.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
You accuse others of lying and absolute statements when you yourself wrote "the ancient document (Tel Dan inscription) that that contains Davids name." HAHAHHA Oh really now? David's name?? According to whom?
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
I already did, dummy.

LOL! No you didn't. No need to return to any of your "documents" because like the Christians and their "Jesus box" (that tuned out to be a fake) all you Biblical nuts do is use flimsy "evidence" and stretch them as far as it can go, then let your imaginations do the work.

A fragment of a stele that contains inscriptions with varying interpretations and dates 150 years after "Davids supposed reign" (your words) does not count as evidence for a united kingdom under a Jewish monarch. Maybe the reality is that there were primitive "city sates" of huts and different tribes, but nothing to validate the fanciful stories re an "Israelite Kingdom" in the Hebrew book of myths.

This is why the respectable archeologists and scholars (as oppose to the "archeologists" on say TBN) working in Israel trying to validate the stories always contextualise their 'findings" with things like "is this the evidence", "could this be it" etc etc. Nothing solid, only wishful thinking.

LOL, thought so. Merely hot air and empty talk which has nothing to do with what was asked of me, or how I replied. Lets try this again, dumbo:

Demonstrate that the documents I cited constitute smoke screens in relation to what was asked of me

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
You accuse others of lying and absolute statements when you yourself wrote "the ancient document (Tel Dan inscription) that that contains Davids name." HAHAHHA Oh really now? David's name?? According to whom?

Enough empty talk. Lets get to something substantial, shall we? Demonstrate that it's not 'David' that's carved on that passage, but some other word.
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
What was asked of you was to prove David's existence, you have yet to.
quote:
Demonstrate that it's not 'David' that's carved on that passage, but some other word.
LOL

There is no agreement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David

Epic fail [Roll Eyes]

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Thought you would do that, i.e., using fallacies to lower the credibility of the reading of an inscription by pointing to alternative minority interpretations. Of course, those alternative minority interpretations are minority interpretations for a reason.

Angelina, are you hard of hearing?

Demonstrate that it's not 'David' that's carved on that passage

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Interpretations. lol At least you got one thing right. Interpretations of a fragment (in the absence of references to him in Egyptian, Syrian or Assyrian documents of the time) doesn't count as "existence" of a King David as told in the bible. Fail again. [Roll Eyes]

Interesting

archaeologist from Tel Aviv University, Ze’ev Herzog, wrote a cover story for the weekend magazine of the national daily newspaper, Ha’aretz. In the essay, Herzog laid out many of the theories Finkelstein and Silberman present in their book: “the Israelites were never in Egypt, did not wander in the desert, did not conquer the land [of Canaan] in a military campaign and did not pass it on to the twelve tribes of Israel. Perhaps even harder to swallow is the fact that the united kingdom of David and Solomon, described in the Bible as a regional power, was **at most** a small tribal kingdom.

http://www.salon.com/2001/02/07/solomon/

So you two problems bible thumper:

1.You have yet to prove the scribbles are in fact "David"

2. If it is in fact "David", prove it refers to the biblical David and not some local Semitic tribal house deity.

Any way you take it your screams of "it's David's name!" is still a wild absolute claim. [Roll Eyes]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com