EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » The Cross is the symbol of torture

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Cross is the symbol of torture
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Romans used to crossify criminals every day in the town square.
It is very much unlikely that they were able to crossify the Prophet Essa, a breath of Allah.

Even if this did happen ( it did not ) why then Crestos do kneel to the symbol of torture?

This question was asked two weeks ago by a christian youngman in the church next door to my house and where I attend their social evenings and coffee mornings- yes, coffee mornings is of many ways to attract christians to the church.

Do you guys that most churchs have closed down due to lack of worshipers and mainly sold off as restaurant & night clubs.

My husband and I, were very much tempted to buy a small church in a village in Cumbria-UK but changed our mind considering the weather conditions there specially in winter time.
Have you ever, ever, heard about a mosque that got closed down?

Beat that Charlie.

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in a Christian country for half the year and in an Islamic country for the other half. The values in each are very different. I will not say that one if good and one is bad, they are just different. I was born a Christian and am now a Muslim.

Churches were built in england for many reasons. The city I live outside of has a church for every Sunday of the year just within its medieval town walls. Some streets have three of four churches in them in the space of several hundred metres. They were not built to be filled, they were built either in rivalry with the religious sect further down the road or as a way to buy a place in heaven. Many villages have more churches than shops. Most of these buildings are very beautiful and england is architecturally blessed but there are now, and always have been, too many of them. Finding alternative uses for them rather than watching them fall into decay is commendable.

I agree that this would not happen with a mosque. But then, you would not find three of them in a row and few would be considered beautiful examples of architecture. There are magnificent mosques in Cairo but many of them are falling down and in urgent need of repair and can no longer be used for worship in case the roof falls in. Is it better to watch a wonderful building collapse rather than use it for another purpose.

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 07 January 2005).]

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salam Luxor Lover,
Yes I do agree with all your points. Church is the wealthies organisation on earth. ther were built far away from where people live, often on a top of a hill.

People who wear the coat were separated from other human being.
In the chuch itself, specially the old ones you will see such divisions- the rich would be seated in a place that the poor are not.
In fact till very recently, Blacks sit in a different place than where the whites were seated, or worse still, there attended different houses of God.

The churchs that are closed down, were done cause no body attend them LuxorLover- that is a fact.

I do agree with you, many of our little mosques are in need of repairs,but Moslims as you know do not really need a mosque to pray in- I am sure you have seen them in the streets, in the middle of the desert,..,...

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autobahn
Member # 6098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autobahn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by salama:
The Romans used to crossify criminals every day in the town square.
It is very much unlikely that they were able to crossify the Prophet Essa, a breath of Allah.

Even if this did happen ( it did not ) why then Crestos do kneel to the symbol of torture?

They were not able to crucify Christ. He gave himself willing to the cross for the atonement of our sins through His love for us. Christians kneel only to God. The cross is a symbol of Christ's triumph over death -turning an instrument of torture into a symbol of enternal life. All things are possible with God.

Posts: 229 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autobahn
Member # 6098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autobahn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Do you guys that most churchs have closed down due to lack of worshipers and mainly sold off as restaurant & night clubs.

Have you ever, ever, heard about a mosque that got closed down?

Beat that Charlie.

The only time churches are closed here is when the congregation has built a larger church and moved. They then sell their previous building. Or if it is in a very small town and the population has mainly moved off to larger cities. There are churches on every corner here so many, many buildings. But a church is not the building, it is the people. And Christians do not have to pray in church or even worship in a building. They can pray and worship anywhere.

Posts: 229 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya_686@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah Salamas just popped her head up from the underworld. Somebody down there has just told her the Cross is a symbol of torture!
Hahahahaha No Salama, youre the symbol of torture. The Cross of Christ is a symbol of spiritual death and resurrection.

We suffered with him and we arose with him and we went to heaven with him.

Those who do not resurrect in this life, will never do so in the next, so you still have chance to throw away your silly old ideas and get on the path to resurrection now. Theres no need for you to be pinned to the cross of torture, apply for your release, you only have to say sorry to God, and all your pain will fly away... Saint Charlie

Posts: 707 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhh, Ja Rob,

Salama, even Charly is spreeding mud, we should pray for his poor soul....

Charly, read the evidence of Koran, can't you see?

You are loosing, not in ES, but in front of God.

Sara

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Eintein Charlie wrote:

The Cross of Christ is a symbol of spiritual death and resurrection.

A symbol of spiritual Death? What?

We did not know the spirits die like earthy creatures?

Charlie wrote:

( What a crap..)

salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Sara about Charlie:

Salama, even Charly is spreeding mud, we should pray for his poor soul....

I do Sara, I do pray for his soul to get there soon.

sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya_686@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Salama, Sara, Of course you dont know what a Spiritual resurrection is. Your belief in spiritis and genies is a pagan belief. Milton expressed this belief in Midsummernights Dream. (one of Saras nightmares) It is a belief in goblins, fairies, and all kinds of satanic creatures with horns and tails and fire coming from their nostrils.

All the time you believe in spirits in this way, you will be a pagan. It does not make the matter any better by sanitising your superstitious minds with a layer of the Koran. If you have pagan beliefs in your head, then you are a pagan.

The Son of God is a Spirit only in the sense that he is the "consciousness of God" and pagan superstition doesnt come into it.

Saint Charlie

Posts: 707 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiN_iNN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the fight for, every one is responsible for his own belives and there will be final day "Judgement day", Where we all gonna be charged for the way we belived in GOD "Allah" and for our acts too.

Posts: 140 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sokarya_686@hotmail.com:
The Son of God is a Spirit only in the sense that he is the "consciousness of God" and pagan superstition doesnt come into it.

Saint Charlie

consciousness of God???? charlie you dont get it do you?? God is NOT and never was MAN, HUMAN, no consciousness, no tiredness (as in rested after creation) no need of a SON, no need of ANYTHING.

this has to be a joke, sorry but I never read such rubbish.

Oh yes i have i been on ES for ages now, i read LOTS of rubbish

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autobahn
Member # 6098

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
God is NOT and never was MAN, HUMAN, no consciousness, no tiredness (as in rested after creation) no need of a SON, no need of ANYTHING.

God did not NEED a Son. Mankind did. He did it for us - because of his great love for us.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did WHAT exactly?? had a son??? NO thats why he sent us prophet after prophet because He loved us, a SON was not the answer obviously becuase then he was 'supposedly' killed?
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autobahn
Member # 6098

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
did WHAT exactly?? had a son??? NO thats why he sent us prophet after prophet because He loved us, a SON was not the answer obviously becuase then he was 'supposedly' killed?

And was resurrected on the third day, proving death had no hold on him and that anything is possible with God.

Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi Nile Watcher:you said befor in another topic that the mankind will be judged according to his work ...so can you explain to me what the idea of
"He gave himself willing to the cross for the atonement of our sins through His love for us."
thanks
GOD WITH U
.M.

Posts: 336 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autobahn
Member # 6098

quote:
Originally posted by Mai:
hi Nile Watcher:you said befor in another topic that the mankind will be judged according to his work ...so can you explain to me what the idea of
"He gave himself willing to the cross for the atonement of our sins through His love for us."
thanks
GOD WITH U
.M.

I'm sorry Mai, I didn't explain it well. What I said was our REWARD IN Heaven will be determined by our works. But in order to GET to Heaven, that is by faith through the grace of God. And we believe that in order to receive that grace, you must first repent and make atonement for your sins. We do that through faith in Jesus Christ who made the atonement for us. There is much more to it then that but all I can explain in this small space. I know you don't share that belief but I hope I have explained it well. Thanks for asking and being so polite. God be with you.

sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Well thats the difference between you and me Sara. I am a son of God, and you are apparently not. So I have the benefit of being one of Gods children, and you apparently are not one of Gods children because you think any son of God is a load of rubbish, including of course Jesus.

This way of thinking of yours, is an attack on the Holy Spirit, and I will tell you what Jesus said about that, you will never see The Kingdom of God, which is Heaven to you. Saint Charlie.

solar
Member # 6377

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for solar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Eintein Charlie wrote:

The Cross of Christ is a symbol of spiritual death and resurrection.

A symbol of spiritual Death? What?

We did not know the spirits die like earthy creatures?

Charlie wrote:

( What a crap..)

It's meaning is one in which you'll have discover. It's one in which you cannot realistically even phatom until you have experienced it. It's energy is beyond your scope of reasoning until you align yourself with it's source called life and truth. The sufi believe in the heart of conscious awakening. It's the soul's awakening to that 'christ' consciousness when the mind and heart are one, and night turns into light and you are witness for all god's glory. It's a journey to be taken and can only be discovered in this light.

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solar
Member # 6377

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for solar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by solar (edited 17 January 2005).]

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mariem
Member # 5469

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mariem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SiN_iNN:
What's the fight for, every one is responsible for his own belives and there will be final day "Judgement day", Where we all gonna be charged for the way we belived in GOD "Allah" and for our acts too.

Hello Sin_inn, I do agree with you . In my country (Brasil) we have the saying "Three subjects should never be discussed: Politics, Football and Religion" and as I see here, it is really sad, but true. Instead of being here fighting to see "which religion is right", we should pay attention in our acts (intolerance for example) while we are still on earth. The GOOD MUST BE DONE, no matter if we are christians, muslims, jews or any other religion.

God bless you all,
Sad Mariem

Posts: 19 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Have you never heard of the inner resurrection? We must ourselves experience this mystical death and resurrection as an interior and timeless reality. The Acts of St. John (ex canon) record the actual words of Jesus, "Understand me then as the slaying of a Word, wound of a Word, crucifying of a Word, suffering of a Word, fastening of a Word, death of a Word, Resurrection of a Word, and defining this Word I mean every man.

So, you Moslems, Jesus Christ was a Word.

We know you cannot get blood out of a stone, is it any more possible to get blood out of a word?

Saint Charlie.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com