EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Original Gods Of Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Original Gods Of Egypt
Electric
Member # 7624

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Electric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it Veerry Strange that the Egyptians still have the Egyptian Gods statues and everything in Egypt but they don't worship the Gods no more. Instead they worship the muslim god, and wear the Egyptian God's jewelry and whatnot. So my question is..is there AAny part of Egypt where they still worship the Original Gods of Egypt freely? Or is it against the Laaw all over Egpyt to worship the Original Gods?
Posts: 56 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Electric
Member # 7624

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Electric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Riight like the mulslim god is the only god..RIIGHT You worship the muslim god..just when did the muslim god make pyramids in EGYPT
and make people in the middle east wear turbans and cover up all the way in 120 degree weather? LMAO You people need to WAKE UP for real. If the Egyptian Gods are idols to you people now..STOP WEARING THEIR CLOTHES AND JEWELRY. I'm not going to try and hold a education class on here because you all Would Not understand, and you all will still talk about that muslim god of yours. I feel sorry for the people of Egypt really I do. EGYPT IS NOT ORIGINALLY A MUSLIM/CHRISTIAN/CATHOLIC/COPTIC/RELIGIOUS CONSERVATIVE COUNTRY PEOPLE.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptianbeast
Member # 7516

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptianbeast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is a stupid topic

Posts: 166 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Electric
Member # 7624

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Electric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can say the same about you..plus you would say this because you don't care and don't wanna understand even if you don't understand.
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Electric, Are you stupid, dear? or just got nothing else to think of ?
Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Electric
Member # 7624

Rate Member
What are you stupid?
I just asked a question, and people like you and egyptbeast just think the question is stupid. I see where this board is going..just because I ask a different question from the rest..my topic got to be stupid. Go Figure.

[This message has been edited by Electric (edited 14 May 2005).]

Electric
Member # 7624

Rate Member
To you salama
I wasn't even refering to you anyway..you just stormed in here like I'm refering to you, so you can shut the hell up.

quote:
Originally posted by salama:
Electric, Are you stupid, dear? or just got nothing else to think of ?

egyptianbeast
Member # 7516

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptianbeast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just wonder why you care which gods are prayed to where and how
and then turn around and tell a woman to shut the hell up.

your principals seem out of priority

Posts: 166 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Electric
Member # 7624

Rate Member
She made me angry.

quote:
Originally posted by egyptianbeast:

Electric
Member # 7624

Rate Member
Well I just want to know because if they are worshipped some where else in Egypt I would like to know. I want to travel to Egypt oneday..I want the ultimate experience..I want to see the people who remember the ancient people. OK
If no one wants to tell me that's o.k.
There is no reason to hide that information..that's what this board is for to tell other people about Egypt whether old information new information..etc

quote:

[This message has been edited by Electric (edited 14 May 2005).]

salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kahraba wrote:

( Well I just want to know because if they are worshipped some where else in Egypt I would like to know. I want to travel to Egypt oneday..I want the ultimate experience..I want to see the people who remember the ancient people. OK
If no one wants to tell me that's o.k.
There is no reason to hide that information..that's what this board is for to tell other people about Egypt whether old information new information..etc )

What information, You immediately hit on Islam in your post.…!
Ancient Egyptian Gods were worshipped 1000's of years before any logical faith has descended on human being. Islam was the last faith.…
Human brain develops and mature with time. Would you still like to kneel before Amon, or Sekhmet ?

Even though Egyptians were so clever in all things, they did not see beyond their vision till Akh.n.aton came in but sadly did not last long.

Leave Islam alone and lets us talk sense on this board and elsewhere.

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Electric!

I can’t help you with your question by giving you the details that you are looking for, but many people who practice a religion do not do it purely and separated from their cultural traditions. In any country you live in you will see a mixture, sometimes the cultural influences are moderate other times they almost subsume the religion people claim to worship. In regards to clothing, in India for example the women both Hindus and Muslims wear virtually the same clothing, and the same happens in America where most Christians, Jews and Muslims wear the same clothing on a daily basis. In Egypt you cannot tell the Christians from the Muslims by their clothing in many places too.

The Ancient Egyptian jewelry is mainly sold to tourists here rather than for any reasons of worship, local people would rarely buy it, and the statues of the ancient gods are mainly kept for their historical value rather than worship. But as in Christianity where pagan festivals and customs have been mixed with their religious ceremonies, such as all the customs around Christmas and Easter, so do Muslims sometimes mix in old customs and traditions in with some of their practices.

If you want more details of some of these areas where the Ancient Egyptian traditions ideas are still continued, or if anyone is still worshipping the ancient gods, you might have more luck if you go to the “Ancient Egypt” forum than this one.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Electric
Member # 7624

Rate Member
Thank You Newcomer
I'm new to this board..I saw that forum but I thought they only chat about what happened back then and not the future. So I came here instead.

quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Hi Electric!

I can’t help you with your question by giving you the details that you are looking for, but many people who practice a religion do not do it purely and separated from their cultural traditions. In any country you live in you will see a mixture, sometimes the cultural influences are moderate other times they almost subsume the religion people claim to worship. In regards to clothing, in India for example the women both Hindus and Muslims wear virtually the same clothing, and the same happens in America where most Christians, Jews and Muslims wear the same clothing on a daily basis. In Egypt you cannot tell the Christians from the Muslims by their clothing in many places too.

The Ancient Egyptian jewelry is mainly sold to tourists here rather than for any reasons of worship, local people would rarely buy it, and the statues of the ancient gods are mainly kept for their historical value rather than worship. But as in Christianity where pagan festivals and customs have been mixed with their religious ceremonies, such as all the customs around Christmas and Easter, so do Muslims sometimes mix in old customs and traditions in with some of their practices.

If you want more details of some of these areas where the Ancient Egyptian traditions ideas are still continued, or if anyone is still worshipping the ancient gods, you might have more luck if you go to the “Ancient Egypt” forum than this one.

Electric
Member # 7624

Rate Member
Salama

They were over thrown by akhnaton because he was influenced by someone or something so that does not make it fine. The world is full of different things and different people. The world is not a islamic world..sorry. There's a belief system for each individual..do you know how boring this world would be if we all think the same worship the same? Very Boring if you ask me.
How would you feel if someone came to your home and over throw all who you worshipped?
You have your belief and I have mine..so now I know where to go and post my question..I guess ancient ways and islam don't mix..LMAO.
And the answer to your question..yes I would..and I like to see old ways practiced in other parts of egypt if they exist of course. There was nothing wrong with the ancient egyptians vision..there were pharaohs letting foreign people influence them. I'm not going to get into this because it doesn't make sense to people here I suppose. I'm not trying to preach or anything, or cause trouble. I just saw this forum and I was thinking what's going on here..any other people believe what I believe? I was hoping someone who practice the ancient ways would respond...Not A Angry Muslim. LOL

quote:
Originally posted by salama:

What information, You immediately hit on Islam in your post.…!
Ancient Egyptian Gods were worshipped 1000's of years before any logical faith has descended on human being. Islam was the last faith.…
Human brain develops and mature with time. Would you still like to kneel before Amon, or Sekhmet ?

Even though Egyptians were so clever in all things, they did not see beyond their vision till Akh.n.aton came in but sadly did not last long.

Leave Islam alone and lets us talk sense on this board and elsewhere.

[/B]

[This message has been edited by Electric (edited 15 May 2005).]

Electric
Member # 7624

Rate Member
One more thing I was not bashing islam..I guess god have different attitudes around the world huh? Iiiif we all worship the same god I suppose.

mara
Member # 2693

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mara   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by mara (edited 15 May 2005).]

Posts: 29 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Electric
Member # 7624

Rate Member

That's what you believe..one god..what ever floats your boat. Shaving the beard don't make any man gay, a faggot, homo..Sorry you're mistaking. Who wants to go around looking like a old man before their time to be old.

quote:
Originally posted by kkkaaa:
Helllo mister....

wat up wid u and "muslim God"...
please try to understand that there is only ONE God...and that He is not a human.....
Pplle just get misguuide and get confused of God...like Chirstain think He is Jesus [he is not]///hundus think that He is an elepahant [He is not]...then the Buddihist thingk He is a buddah [He is not]...

ISlam and Muslim existed from the Time the first human was created...

so sainy Muslim copy egyptian, does not make sense, y not say egyptian copy muslims :s...

i'll give u a brief time line of wat happened in the past, and maybe it will give u a clear understading of the situation today..

Adam being the first human, and a prophet of God, was sent to Earth.....since then many other prophets came to sepeicf locationa nd trbies thtouught the globe, and time...

the tribes.people between Adam And Noah, were very poious and good muslim indeed.
in fact it was only during the time Noah, there were about five very good and pious muslim,,,,who passed away...

during this vunerable time, the Satan whispered to the people/tribesmen to build a statue of these men, so they can be remeber
[now this is totally forbidden cos Nothing other than God deserves worship, by building these statue they are asscaotiong worship with God - Biggest Crime in Islam]

so it was during this time pple started to deviate...

to cut along story short...
the last and FINAL prophett was sent, his name was Muhammad [peace buh]...He was not only send to arabia, but he was the Prophet for ALL mankind and Spirit...

Islaam is not a "new" religion...it is a continuation of the effort to put all the deviants to the straight path again....to worship only ONE GOD...

btw, about apperacance and clothing....
u shud know that since Adam ALL people [muslim and non-mulsim] use to grow theri beards...it was just the norm...

it was only since the time of Prophet Lot, that men practise the act of Shaving the beard [n imtation women] beause at that time they were all : FAGGOTS!/poofs!/retatrds/gays/homosexaul...
which ever term u use in ur country...

egyptianbeast
Member # 7516

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Electric:

That's what you believe..one god..what ever floats your boat. Shaving the beard don't make any man gay, a faggot, homo..Sorry you're mistaking. Who wants to go around looking like a old man before their time to be old.

so are you athiest?
just curious why u might be interested in gods either current beliefs or ancient if u are? it's not an attacking question any less than your initial post is to muslims.

Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
so are you athiest?
just curious why u might be interested in gods either current beliefs or ancient if u are? it's not an attacking question any less than your initial post is to muslims.

Shut up u beast read from the beginning this hatefull muslim are so stuppid no wonder they never get anywhere worship a black stone an act liek maniacs LOL
cut them self wet knife's an scream liek animals... blow them self up
They even hate themselfes

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Allah the name of God?

Allah is the name of the only God in Islam. Allah is a pre-Islamic name coming from the compound Arabic word Al-ilah which means the God, which is derived from al (the) ilah (deity). It was also the name of the chief god among the numerous idols (360) in the Kaaba in Mecca. Today a Muslim is one who submits to the God Allah.

Islam means submission to (Allah), but originally it meant that strength which characterized a desert warrior who, even when faced with impossible odds, would fight to the death for his tribe. (Dr. M. Baravmann, The Spiritual Background of Early Islam, E. J. Brill, Leiden, 1972)

Many believe the word “Allah” was derived from the mid- eastern word “el” which in Ugaritic, Caananite and Hebrew can mean a true or false God. This is not the case, “The source of this (Allah) goes back to pre-Muslim times. Allah is not a common name meaning “God” (or a “god”), and the Muslim must use another word or form if he wishes to indicate any other than his own peculiar deity.” (Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics (ed. Hastings), I:326.)

According to the Encyclopedia of Religion, Allah corresponded to the Babylonian god Baal, and Arabs knew of him long before Mohammed worshipped him as the supreme God. Before Islam the Arabs recognized many gods and goddesses, each tribe had their own deity. There were also nature deities. Allah was the god of the local Quarish tribe, which was Mohammed's tribe before he invented Islam to lead his people out of their polytheism. Allah was then known as the Moon God, who had 3 daughters who were viewed as intercessors for the people into Allah. Their names were Al-at, Al-uzza, and Al-Manat, which were three goddesses; the first two daughters of Allah had names which were feminine forms of Allah. Hubal was the chief God of the Kaaba among the other 360 deities. Hubal was the chief God of the Kaaba among the other 360 deities. Hubal was a statue likeness of a man whose body was made of red precious stones whose arms were made of gold. (Reference Islam George Braswell Jr.)

“Historians like Vaqqidi have said Allah was actually the chief of the 360 gods being worshipped in Arabia at the time Mohammed rose to prominence. Ibn Al-Kalbi gave 27 names of pre-Islamic deities...Interestingly, not many Muslims want to accept that Allah was already being worshipped at the Ka'ba in Mecca by Arab pagans before Mohammed came. Some Muslims become angry when they are confronted with this fact. But history is not on their side. Pre-Islamic literature has proved this.” (G. J. O. Moshay, Who Is This Allah? (Dorchester House, Bucks, UK, 1994), pg. 138).

History has shown Mecca and the holy stone al-Kaaba were holy sites for pre-Islamic pagan Arabs. The Kaaba in Mecca was formerly named Beit-Allah meaning House of Allah.

The Koran tells us that Mohammed drove the other idols away; he made one God now the only god and he was its messenger. He kept the Kaaba as a holy, sacred place and confirmed that the black stone had the power to take away man's sins. He obligated every believer to make a pilgrimage to the stone at least once in his lifetime. (Sura 22:26-37) No Old Testament saint ever had a pilgrimage to the Kaaba and kissed its black stone.

Mohammed used the name Allah which was the name of a specific idol without ever distinguishing it from the idol the Meccan’s were already worshipping. This was a modification of their former worship but never a complete break. He never did say for the people to stop their worship of the wrong Allah, for the right one.

Al-Lat which is a T at the end of the name of Allah, was represented by a square stone whose major sanctuary was in the city of Taif. In the sanctuary was a black stone in the town of Qudayd between Mecca and Medina. She was the goddess of fate, a female counterpart of Allah. Al-uzza was the goddess of east Mecca. It has been said there were human sacrifices made to her and Islamic tradition tells of a story of Mohammed’s grandfather almost sacrificing his son the father of Mohammed to her. What prevented this was his seeking counsel from a fortune teller which told him to ransom his son with one hundred camels. Muslims look to this as the will of Allah to bring Mohammed into existence. (Reference Muhammad husain haykal, Hayat mohammed)

“The name Allah, as the Qur'an itself is witness, was well known in pre-Islamic Arabia. Indeed, both it and its feminine form, Allat, are found not infrequently among the theophorous names in inscriptions from North Africa.” (Arthur Jeffrey, ed., Islam: Muhammad and His Religion (1958), p. 85.)

The literal name of Mohammed's father in Arabic is Abd Allah. His uncle's name Obred Allah. These names show the devotion of Mohammed's families pagan roots, and also prove that Allah was part of a polytheistic system of worship before Allah was made the supreme and only god from the other God's. This should be proof to the pre- Islamic root of the name of Allah to the Muslim. Remember they were pagans who used this name. He kept his family name above all the other names. Mohammad had good intentions in removing the people from their polytheistic worship however he did not go far enough in his reform.

Mecca was the place where the idol Allah was located, so the people would face in that direction when they prayed. Prior to Islam the people would pray 5 times a day facing Mecca (The Encyclopedia of Islam p.303) Prior to Islam's beginning each Arab tribe used Allah to refer to its own particular high god. This is why Hubal, the Moon god, was the central focus of prayer at the Kaabah and people prayed to Hubal and they used the name Allah. The crescent moon was the symbol of the moon God Allah (Hubal) and is still used as a symbol of Islam today (although they have changed the meaning to be from Mecca to the moon Islam will spread). Today there is hardly a Muslim that knows its ancient origin. History records it as an ancient pagan fertility symbol that is found throughout the Middle East. Mohammed smashed all the idols that led the people into idolatry but the black stone was kept which Muslims continue to kiss today. This was another practice that preceded Mohammad.

Mohammed made Allah into a single being who, unlike the Bible's God, has no son. Because of this portrayal there is no fellowship or love among the godhead before God created man. Creation and man therefore become a necessity for God to express His attributes or characteristic's. This God has never revealed Himself to man but revealed only His will. This God is so removed from man that it is impossible to know him in a personal way, he relates to man only through his will and law. It is a religion of obedience no different than any other.

To the Muslim God is strictly singular, all seeing, all hearing, almighty, He is the first and the last. But what differs is that he has no Son and he cannot be called Father who relates to His son in a unique way (Son and Father does not mean offspring in historic Christianity).

Of the 99 names of God in Islam, not one is “Father” or has a personal connotation. The difference is not to be overlooked. The God of the Bible is personal and wants an ongoing friendship with each of us. Islam portrays God as one who expects us to do our religious duty or He angers. There are rules to be obeyed and one can only please him but not know him personally. No Muslim would ever consider being able to have a personal relationship with him, by talking to him, and loving him. Jesus instead taught Christians to pray “our Father in heaven” (Matthew 6:9). Throughout the Old Testament God was real to the prophets who had him personally speak to them and they to him. “Have we not all one Father? Has not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously with one another by profaning the covenant of the fathers?” (Mal 2:10)

In Islam some state that if one memorizes the 99 names of Allah and repeats them he will get into paradise because they give the believer power, making them conscious of God. Neither the Koran nor the Hadith speak of these names in such a way. The Suras in the Koran begin with “In the name of Allah, most gracious, most merciful. Yet in practice Islam's god is portrayed as stern, harsh, having compassion on those who do right and deals severely with those who do not. To a Muslim the God of the Bible who is described as triune is offensive and pagan, reminding them of what Mohammed destroyed. They interpret this as 3 Gods and not a unified one. “ They are unbelievers who say God is a third of three. No God is there but one God.” While Muslims affirm Jesus' virgin conception, they deny he had any pre-existence that would imply He is God. To call a prophet God is the ultimate in blasphemy to them. “ Verily God will not forgive the union of other gods with himself.” This is a true statement, however if Jesus is who He said he is, the true God, then it is they who are in union with another than the true God.

Muslims claim that the name Allah can be found in the Bible. This is no different than what the Jehovah's Witnesses do for the name Jehovah. Allah is not called Yahweh once in the Koran but neither is Yahweh called Allah in the Bible. So they can't be the same God. Neither is the word Elohim which is applied to Yahweh over 2,500 times in the Bible used in the Koran. Neither is he called I Am, which He said to Moses would be His name forever.

The God of the Bible identifies himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Jacobs name is later changed to the name Israel, being the

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kkkaaa:
Helllo mister....

wat up wid u and "muslim God"...
please try to understand that there is only ONE God...and that He is not a human.....
Pplle just get misguuide and get confused of God...like Chirstain think He is Jesus [he is not]///hundus think that He is an elepahant [He is not]...then the Buddihist thingk He is a buddah [He is not]...

ISlam and Muslim existed from the Time the first human was created...

so sainy Muslim copy egyptian, does not make sense, y not say egyptian copy muslims :s...

i'll give u a brief time line of wat happened in the past, and maybe it will give u a clear understading of the situation today..

Adam being the first human, and a prophet of God, was sent to Earth.....since then many other prophets came to sepeicf locationa nd trbies thtouught the globe, and time...

the tribes.people between Adam And Noah, were very poious and good muslim indeed.
in fact it was only during the time Noah, there were about five very good and pious muslim,,,,who passed away...

during this vunerable time, the Satan whispered to the people/tribesmen to build a statue of these men, so they can be remeber
[now this is totally forbidden cos Nothing other than God deserves worship, by building these statue they are asscaotiong worship with God - Biggest Crime in Islam]

so it was during this time pple started to deviate...

to cut along story short...
the last and FINAL prophett was sent, his name was Muhammad [peace buh]...He was not only send to arabia, but he was the Prophet for ALL mankind and Spirit...

Islaam is not a "new" religion...it is a continuation of the effort to put all the deviants to the straight path again....to worship only ONE GOD...

btw, about apperacance and clothing....
u shud know that since Adam ALL people [muslim and non-mulsim] use to grow theri beards...it was just the norm...

it was only since the time of Prophet Lot, that men practise the act of Shaving the beard [n imtation women] beause at that time they were all : FAGGOTS!/poofs!/retatrds/gays/homosexaul...
which ever term u use in ur country...

1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jo 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com