EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Who Was Allah Praying To?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who Was Allah Praying To?
Yi Peng
Member # 7737

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yi Peng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "Mystery" of PBUH Revealed
http://answering-islam.org/Responses/Menj/pbuh.htm

I do search on PUBH after see Muslims always use this term. I found this very interesting article on the meaning.

So my question is, who do Allah pray to? Maybe some more powerful true god, then we need to know.

Posts: 374 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ah_farrag
Member # 4717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ah_farrag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Islamic Concepts, the praying of Allah means mercy and forgiveness. So if we truly understand that concept we would consider how Allah is praying upon prophet Mohamed (PBBH).
In the mean time , if we linked the praying of Allah(which means forgiveness & mercy) to the way, Muslims do their prayings, we would have a great misunderstanding.

[This message has been edited by ah_farrag (edited 05 July 2005).]

Posts: 674 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yi Peng
Member # 7737

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yi Peng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er.. did you read the webpage?

The question is, who did Allah pray to.

The Arabic not say show mercy and forgiveness and this meaning will be very funny.
Does Mohamad need so much more mercy and forgiveness than other people even today? So every time you say his name you add more PUBH.

So ah_farrag's answer is surely cannot be true.

Posts: 374 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PBUH mean piece be upon him
Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yi Peng
Member # 7737

Rate Member
As the article explain clearly, 'peace be upon him' is a mistranslation in English of 'sallallâhű `alayhî wa sallam'. You did not read article.
I check with Arab teacher, he also admit that direct meaning is Allah pray.

Upon them shall be prayers (salawatun) from their Lord and mercy, and they are the rightly directed. S. 2:157

He it is who sends PRAYERS on you (Arabic- yusallii alaykum), as do His angels ... S. 33:43

Allah and His angels PRAY for the Prophet (Arabic- yasalluuna alan-Nabiyy): O ye that believe PRAY for him (salluu `alayhi), and salute him with all respect. S. 33:56

Allah prays for believers and Muhammad, as Muhammad prays for believers:

Take alms of their wealth, wherewith thou mayst purify them and mayst make them grow, and pray for them (wa salli alayhim). Lo! thy prayer (salataka) is an assuagement for them. Allah is Hearer, Knower. S. 9:103 Pickthall

smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is evident to me that anyone who is looking to find a flaw in a religion even where there is none.. will always post some link or other that is totaly biased and then stand up and swear that what they have read is true.....YI Peng do U have any faith whatsoever and if so what is it...and when you post that , am sure fault will be found in that also... if you really want to research Islam... do it with an open mind and heart not the mind and heart of an unbeliever to start with.. because that makes the reasearch biased and unfair.....
Posts: 230 | From: uk/U.A.E | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is a debat forum that's why "smiley"
an it could be interesting to know must believers are afraid to ask qustions WHY?

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for primak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are flaws in all religions.
A real religion, instaured by an all mighty god should not have a single flaw, therefore there are no religions.

Posts: 1516 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan:
this is a debat forum that's why "smiley"
an it could be interesting to know must believers are afraid to ask qustions WHY?

erm Morgan are you and Primak related or one of the same dear? sounds a lot like a puppet and his Master to me...did i deny it was a debate i merely suggested that the person in question~~debate~ with some sort of clarity at least...and is open to other debaters answers... dear heart

Posts: 230 | From: uk/U.A.E | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for primak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't really need to debate a simple and clear equation. It's simple arithmetic.
Posts: 1516 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by primak:
You don't really need to debate a simple and clear equation. It's simple arithmetic.

oh dear contradiction in terms there primak.. cos if it is not debatable then why is it here and being debated as Morgan suggested it was or is that your other self. hmmz?

primak
Member # 494

You are smart after all? and witty...good for you.
I was referring to this simple equation:
"There are flaws in all religions.
A real religion, instaured by an all mighty god should not have a single flaw, therefore there are no religions."

If you are implying that Morgan and I are the same person then I can only congratulate you on your brightness and intelligence.

smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
~~strikes a pose~~
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
quote:
You are smart after all? and witty...good for you.
I was referring to this simple equation:
"There are flaws in all religions.
A real religion, instaured by an all mighty god should not have a single flaw, therefore there are no religions."

If you are implying that Morgan and I are the same person then I can only congratulate you on your brightness and intelligence.

btw the laws are not in the religion the flaws come from those who ~interpret the religion~

primak
Member # 494

Now that could be debatable..it isn't for me though.
I will not debate "violence in the old testament" , " jesus or mohamed's miracles" or " inequality in all three " heavenly" religions between men and women".

I do not believe in violence, miracles or inequalities.

These are all basic flaws. Maybe someone else would care to start this exercise with you dearie, I am certainly not interested.

smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
then you certainly do lead a very secular existance... must be difficult to live in your head...ty for the excercise was ~erm diferent~ sorry that you gave up so soon tho.. be well.. next!!!!!
primak
Member # 494

"dearie, there's no need to become all aggressive and commenting on my "existence" and "head".

By the way..I must do some commenting myself:
1-It's "existence" with a "e" not an "a"
2-It's "different" with two "f"s
3-It's usually "though" and not "tho" - although "tho" could be a variant of the correct word.
You should work on your spelling before debating with the next person ; next!!!

smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
oops i failed the spelling bee or is it a typo bee...no aggression here was actualy enjoying the debate.. was refreshng ty for it erm btw i am partialy sighted sorry about that...
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
guess that killed that topic oh dear!I still stand by my comments that...."it is evident to me that anyone who is looking to find a flaw in a religion even where there is none.. will always post some link or other that is totaly biased and then stand up and swear that what they have read is true"
primak
Member # 494

and I'll still stand by my equation...so there's no room for a debate is there?
Enjoy your week end.

smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
quote:
Now that could be debatable..it isn't for me though.
I will not debate "violence in the old testament" , " jesus or mohamed's miracles" or " inequality in all three " heavenly" religions between men and women".

I do not believe in violence, miracles or inequalities.

These are all basic flaws. Maybe someone else would care to start this exercise with you dearie, I am certainly not interested.

PRIMAK ...i saw nothing in any of my posts that even touched on miracles or war mongering..or inequalities...so there is still a debate.. ty my weekend is good.u2.

primak
Member # 494

Nothing to do with your posts..I was discussing religions in general - are my posts that confusing?
The three religions accepted in the islamic/arab world are the following:
1- Judaism
2- Christianity
3- Islam
All three religions , to my humble knowledge, have one way or another
1- Encouraged violence against other human beings.
2- Asked their followers to believe in miracles , magic stuff effected by their prophets.
3- Do not treat women and men equally .

Now, I do not approve of any of the above : violence, abracadabra or inequality therefore I do not approve of these religions and cannot believe in any single one of them.
Capisce? nothing to do with your posts.
God you're slow ( joking, don't take me seriously and start getting upset) - is it the week end? or is it 38 years in the arab world??

[This message has been edited by primak (edited 09 July 2005).]

MaliG182
Member # 8227

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaliG182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE MEANING WAS OBVIOUSLY LOST IN TRANSLATION! DO YOU SPEAK ARABIC? I'M GUESSING NO. SO SHUT THE HELL UP THEN AND PAY ATTENTION YOU FOOL.

Surah 33 (AL-Ahzab) Ayat 56 : Allah sends his Salat (Graces, Honours, Blessings and Mercy) on the Phrophet and also his angels ask Allah to bless him and forgive him. O you who believe! Send Salat on (ask Allah to bless) Muhammad and you should greet him with the Islamic greeting (As-Salamu Alaikum).

In arabic the meaning of the word "Salat" is "to glorify". We perform salat to glorify Allah. Allah is the one and only God, your creator and mine. You may not believe it now but you will find out; in terrifying conditions .

[This message has been edited by MaliG18 (edited 09 July 2005).]

Posts: 356 | From: NEVERMIND | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
quote:
Nothing to do with your posts..I was discussing religions in general - are my posts that confusing?
The three religions accepted in the islamic/arab world are the following:
1- Judaism
2- Christianity
3- Islam
All three religions , to my humble knowledge, have one way or another
1- Encouraged violence against other human beings.
2- Asked their followers to believe in miracles , magic stuff effected by their prophets.
3- Do not treat women and men equally .

Now, I do not approve of any of the above : violence, abracadabra or inequality therefore I do not approve of these religions and cannot believe in any single one of them.
Capisce? nothing to do with your posts.
God you're slow ( joking, don't take me seriously and start getting upset) - is it the week end? or is it 38 years in the arab world??

[This message has been edited by primak (edited 09 July 2005).]

oh i understood.. just felt you gave up too quickly.. no not 38 years here just 28....i would ask you this tho.. do you have children and what are you feeling about them having religious education or do they not?/No religion encourages violence here again you confuse religion with those who interpret it.. I don't seem able to get through to you on this point... is it youth or old age lol....(jk)and when at the nd of your days urlaying on your death bed.. i wonder of you will still have the same convictions... si si capisce tvm.. ciao

smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MaliG18:
THE MEANING WAS OBVIOUSLY LOST IN TRANSLATION! DO YOU SPEAK ARABIC? I'M GUESSING NO. SO SHUT THE HELL UP THEN AND PAY ATTENTION YOU FOOL.

Surah 33 (AL-Ahzab) Ayat 56 : Allah sends his Salat (Graces, Honours, Blessings and Mercy) on the Phrophet and also his angels ask Allah to bless him and forgive him. O you who believe! Send Salat on (ask Allah to bless) Muhammad and you should greet him with the Islamic greeting (As-Salamu Alaikum).

In arabic the meaning of the word "Salat" is "to glorify". We perform salat to glorify Allah. Allah is the one and only God, your creator and mine. You may not believe it now but you will find out; in terrifying conditions .

malig i am not sure who u are talking to or about.. even so i think your tone should be changed.. this is a forums for debate not all are arabic speakers or readers... if you cannot handle that then i suggest you find an all arabic forums.. as for myself I am english but yes i speak arabic... a lot better I am told
than native speakers... calm down and debate in a sensible manner .. if it is at all possible...

MaliG182
Member # 8227

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaliG182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by smiley:
malig i am not sure who u are talking to or about.. even so i think your tone should be changed.. this is a forums for debate not all are arabic speakers or readers... if you cannot handle that then i suggest you find an all arabic forums.. as for myself I am english but yes i speak arabic... a lot better I am told
than native speakers... calm down and debate in a sensible manner .. if it is at all possible...

I should change my tone? How dare you! You've got some nerve. Firstly, I was not talking to fool, but you better believe that I'm talking to you now. I know that not everyone here speaks Arabic but not everyone here tries to translate the Quran from Arabic to English without even speaking Arabic.

Posts: 356 | From: NEVERMIND | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
~~yawn~
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yi Peng:
The "Mystery" of PBUH Revealed
http://answering-islam.org/Responses/Menj/pbuh.htm

I do search on PUBH after see Muslims always use this term. I found this very interesting article on the meaning.

So my question is, who do Allah pray to? Maybe some more powerful true god, then we need to know.

SAYTAN

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I should change my tone? How dare you! You've got some nerve. Firstly, I was not talking to fool, but you better believe that I'm talking to you now. I know that not everyone here speaks Arabic but not everyone here tries to translate the Quran from Arabic to English without even speaking Arabic.

I luuuuv u 2

primak
Member # 494

Morgan, Hi
Would you please introduce yourself ? are you male? female? where do you live? where are you originally from? your age perhaps?
anything else you might think would be of interest?
naturally if you don't want to answer, no hard feelings, was just asking out of curiosity.

Mon_Savage
Member # 6971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mon_Savage   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Commentary on ur post i would love to say something however i don't like to reply those kind of ppl such like Organs and ping pong. There are two options as an arabic pearson when u talk with someone like that, to debate or talk with him in something he doesn't know about it(and it'll be a waste of time), or to talk in what he knows while it's away too far of the reality(cz it relys on lies).
What does Salah mean first Mr ping pong??? do u know the arabic conjugation for (a verb) in arabic ????
Cz Salah it's away so far of the praying meaning in english, but we use it to make it closer to the forign ppl to understand it, or glorify as the brother said, i will not answer yet ur question cz it's very stupid question, offensive but without roots, go learn arabic or at least know well what does Salla mean, and see the original verb so u will know and understand that there is TWO KINDS OF SALAH have been told, (Salla To, Salla upon)
And i don't know why if u don't like some group and hate them u r in their place, I don't like chinees ppl for example so never u'll find me with or between untill i will discover that i am thinking wrong about them so i can start to have them as friends, but i don't know how u don't like some people and u r between them. Very strange forum really

Posts: 211 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why hold these time consuming debates over where one or another comma is placed when the whole story is just belletristics?
Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mon_Savage
Member # 6971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mon_Savage   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nevermind:
Why hold these time consuming debates over where one or another comma is placed when the whole story is just belletristics?

nevermind we r not fighting for nothing or fighting cz we like as u try to say, someone is saying lies about ur father that he is a thief or whatever criminal, what r u going to do, APPLAUSE ??!!!!
Plus this is a public forum anyone says what he thinks(without insulting), and we don't have to follow ur ideas, cz simply u want to be the only right person however u r away so far from that. U should say, before we debate(not fight), we have to know aboout what we r talking about, simply like here, someone is trying to be doctor in the debates in something he doesn't know anything about it, just like most of the ppl from this kind here.

Posts: 211 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
quote:
Morgan, Hi
Would you please introduce yourself ? are you male? female? where do you live? where are you originally from? your age perhaps?
anything else you might think would be of interest?
naturally if you don't want to answer, no hard feelings, was just asking out of curiosity.

Your getting old brother.. i thought we agreed it was the clothing company label... girls I think.. but who knows... I want to know too actualy.. cant wait

nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by smiley:
i thought we agreed it was the clothing company label...

I just remembered Morgan is my favourite fish in Egypt - the cheapest but the most delicious . It is often so in the world, I think, that the cheap&simple things are also the best (serves them snobs well!).

Do not want to imply with it as if our favourite Morgan on ES is cheap or even simple. But he might come from the same delicious species

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
originaly posted by nevermind:....

I just remembered Morgan is my favourite fish in Egypt - the cheapest but the most delicious . It is often so in the world, I think, that the cheap&simple things are also the best (serves them snobs well ....

Morgan might just be simple cheap and delicious....with a touch of tartar sauce....comeon Morgan stand up and be counted....we are dying here...

liono123
Member # 7959

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for liono123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There are flaws in all religions.
A real religion, instaured by an all mighty god should not have a single flaw, therefore there are no religions.

There are no flaws in the religeons but man has adapted, interpreted and created his own religeon over the years to suit his own needs.

Posts: 29 | From: Oxford | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com