EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » health checks before marriage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: health checks before marriage
egyptian_prince
Member # 7637

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
salaam guys, its egyptian_prince.

as some of you aware, i am due for to get engaged in the summer inshallah.

there is something that is bugging me at the moment.

what is bugging me is that i was speaking my fiancee to be yesterday on the phone (she lives in egypt and i live in london).

we were talking about marriage and then an issue arose during the conversation. this was about checks before marriage to see if one could have healthy children.

now i am totally against this as i believe that is not up to science rather more up to allah.

what i want to know is this common in egypt? and what does the check involve? i know what it involves in london but im not 100% certain that its the same in egypt.

please guys, help me out!!

many thanks!!

Posts: 51 | From: London | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many years ago, in the US, before a marraige license would be issued, both parties had to submit to a blood test to make sure blood types were compatiable, and with children, it would mix properly. However, since we are now plagued with so many bastered,.....excuse me, children born to unwed mothers, it is no longer a requiremt.
In my application to American University in Cairo, there was a manditory testing for HIV not by the school, but the government. The test results do not hinder you acceptence to the university, but if you test positive, you must leave Egypt immedialty.

Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs. Doubtfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is really not merely just a case of what the law requires, but what your wife requires, surely. If you wish to be should wish you to have various tests, then would you not wish to please her? Supposing, she wants you to take an AIDS test, would you be willing, and if not why not?
Posts: 304 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that any muslim is obliqued to use whatever science can reveal to get better life .. and god has ordered to .. we need to depend on god but not to leave everything to him he made science and we should use it, that's why he made it and in fact I think it is a muslim duty to address this .. and after all they won't tell you you two should never marry they might give you some medicines as far as my knowledge.. yet even you are matched anything can happen and this is god's will ..
Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Khadija_Diagne:
However, since we are now plagued with so many bastered,.....excuse me, children born to unwed mothers, it is no longer a requiremt.

Says a lot about you that you feel *plagued* by them.
Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by saying "we are now plagued" i am refering to american and the rate of teen pregnacy, and children born out of wed lock. yes is is a problem. Not the children, but the fact they there is no father in the picture, and no stable family stucture. Not to mention the welfare system that supports this epidemic.
Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com