EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Favourite Suras

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favourite Suras
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that all of the quran is beautiful, but there are some suras that just touch our hearts more than others.

personally i love suret el rahman, yassen, el kahf, el esra2, and the last four verses of el baqra are unbelievably beautiful.

so people, what are your favourite suras?

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
of course the Whole Quran is beautiful and every surah in it touchs the heart greatly for those who reflect in it while reading it. I used to memorize the Holy Quran as a whole but I forgot some of it for sorrow and I will try again to re-memorize it insha'Allah.

I love to read the same suras you read plus surat Yusuf, Maryam (Mary), Sad and Fuselat. it is really hard for me to specify certain suras but I would like to mention some of the Prophet Hadiths on the reward of those who read certain suras and certain verses, and lets not forget that reading a single letter in the Quran is equal to 10 good deeds and Allah multiply it.

Surah al-Fatihah (I)

'Shall I not teach you the greatest Surah in the Qur'an', said he, and then taught al-Fatihah and described it as the great Qur'an [recital] I have been given', reports Abu Sa'id al-Mu'alla (Bukhari).

'Rejoice in the two lights brought to you which have not been brought to any prophet before you': al-Fatihah and the last verses of Surah al-Baqarah (2: 2854), said an angel to the Prophet, blessings and peace be on him, reports Abdullah Ibn 'Abbas (Muslim).

'By Him in whose hands is my soul, nothing like it has been sent down in the Tawrah, nor in the Injll, nor in the Zabdr, nor in the Qur'an', reports Abu Hurayrah ( Tirmidhi) .

'It is a healing for every sickness', reports 'Abd al-Malik Ibn 'Umayr (Darimi).

Surah al-Falaq and Surah al-Nas (113 and 114)

'The like of these have never been seen', reports 'Uqbah Ibn Amir (Muslim).

'No seeker of refuge can seek refuge with anything like these two', reports 'Uqbah Ibn 'Amir (Abd Da'ud).

Surah al-Ikhlas (112)

'Is any of you incapable of reciting a third of the Qur'an in a night?' asked he, and then proceeded to instruct: recite al-Ikhlas, 'for [by the One in whose hands is my life], it is equivalent to [reading] a third of the Qur'an', reports Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Bukhari, Muslim).

'Tell him that Allah loves him', said he about a man who recited it in every Prayer because it described the Most-merciful, reports 'A'ishah (Bukhari, Muslim).

'Your love for it will admit you into Paradise', he said to a man who loved al-Ikhlas, reports Anas (Tirmidhi), Bukhari).

Surah al-Kafirun (109)

'It is equivalent to a quarter of the Qur'an', report Abdullah Ibn 'Abbas and Anas Ibn Malik (Tirmidhi).

Surah al-Nasr (110)

'It is equivalent to a fourth of the Qur'an', reports Anas (Tirmidhi).

Surah al-Takathur (102)

'Cannot one of you recite one thousand verses in one day' asked he, and then said 'cannot one of you recite alTakathur', reports Abdullah Ibn 'Umar (Baihaqe).

Surah al-Zalzalah (99)

'It is equivalent to half the Qur'an', report Abdullah Ibn 'Abbas and Anas Ibn Malik (Tirmidhi).

Ayatu 'l-Kursi (al-Baqarah 2: 255)

'Do you know which Ayah in God's Book is greatest', he asked, and then showed his approval when told that this was Ayatu 'l-Kursi, reports Ubayy Ibn Ka'b (Muslim).

Amana 'r-rasul . . . (al-Baqarah 2: 285-6)

'No prophet before has been brought a light like it', reports Abdullah Ibn 'Abbas (Muslim).

'In whichever home these are recited for three nights, Satan does not come near it', reports al-Nu'man Ibn Bashir (Tirmidhi).

'It is from the treasures of God's mercy from under His Throne that He has given to this Ummah. There is no good in this-world and that-world which it does not include', reports Ayfa' Ibn 'Abd al-Kila'i (Darimi).

'Learn them and teach them to your women and children, for they are a blessing, a recitation, and a supplication', reports Abu Dharr (Hakim).

Surahs al-Baqarah and Al 'Imran (2 and 3)

'Read the two radiant ones al-Baqarah and Al 'Imran for they wiII come on the Day of Resurrection like two clouds, or two shades, or two flocks of birds, pleading for their companions', reports Abu Umamah (Muslim).

'The Qur'an will be brought on the Day of Resurrection, along with its companions who used to act by it, at the front being Surah al-Baqarah and Al 'Imran like two black clouds or canopies with light, or two flocks of birds pleading for their companion', reports al-Nawwas Ibn Sam'an (Muslim).

Surah al-Baqarah (2)

'Do not turn your homes into a graveyard [by giving up reading the Qur'an]. Satan flees from a house in which Surah al-Baqarah is recited', reports Abu Hurayrah (Muslim).

'Recite Surah al-Baqarah: for to hold on to it is a barakah (blessing), to leave it is a regret', reports Abu Umamah (Muslim).

'Everything has a hump, and the hump of the Qur'an is al-Baqarah', reports Abu Hurayrah (Tirmidhi).

Surah al-An'am (6)

'So many Angels accompanied its revelation that the horizon was covered with them', reports Jabir ( Hakim).

Surah al-Kahf (18)

'Whoever learns and preserves, in heart and practice, the first ten Ayahs of al-Kahf, he will be protected from al-Dajjal', reports Abu al-Darda' (Muslim).

'Whoever recites Surah al-Kahf on a Friday, light will shine brightly for him till next Friday', reports Abu Sa'id (Hakim).

Surah Ya Sin (36)

'Everything has a heart and the heart of the Qur'an is Ya Sin. Anyone who reads it, God will write down for him ten readings of the Qur'an', reports Anas (Tirmidhi).

'Whoever reads Ya Sin, seeking Allah's pleasure, his past sins will be forgiven, so recite it over the dying among you', reports Ma'qil Ibn Yasar (Baihaqi).

Surah al-Fath (48)

'I like it more than anything under the sun', reports 'Umar (Bukhari).

Surah al-Rahman (55)

'Everything has an adornment, and the adornment of the Qur'an is al-Rahman', reports Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud (Baihaqi) .

Surah al-Waqi'ah (56)

'Whoever recites Surah al-Waqi'ah every night will not go hungry', reports Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud (Baihaqi).

Surah al-Mulk (67)

'This, containing thirty verses, intercedes for a man till his sins are forgiven', reports Abu Hurayrah (Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Abd Da'ud).

'I love that it be in the heart of every believer', reports Abdullah Ibn 'Abbas (Hakim).

Surah al-A'la (87)

'He loved this Surah', reports 'Ali (Ahmad).

Posts: 1201 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh thanks Mr.Egypt, this is very helpful, and touching [Smile]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
besiktas
Member # 5446

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for besiktas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank u Mr. Egypt, u always put intresting and helpful posts, as my favorite is AL-MULK, AL Rahman, Al Dukhan,Al Nasr,al IKhlas, Al Yussef, Al Dukhan
Posts: 174 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea what you are talking about. Can anyone tell me what a sura is???
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:

Sura (Arabic: سورة‎ ​ translit: Sūrah) is the Arabic term for "chapter of the Qur'an." These are traditionally ordered in roughly reverse chronological order, with Madinan suras coming first and Makkan ones last for the most part. Each surah is divided into ayat, or verses.

Surah - A chapter of the Qur'an. Literally means "a form".Each surah may comprise several verses and is generally named after something memorable within the surah (for example, the first surah of the Qur'an is called 'The Opener').
There are 114 Surahs in the Holy Qur'an. Plural: Suwar.

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by karla:
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:

Sura (Arabic: سورة‎ ​ translit: Sūrah) is the Arabic term for "chapter of the Qur'an." These are traditionally ordered in roughly reverse chronological order, with Madinan suras coming first and Makkan ones last for the most part. Each surah is divided into ayat, or verses.

Surah - A chapter of the Qur'an. Literally means "a form".Each surah may comprise several verses and is generally named after something memorable within the surah (for example, the first surah of the Qur'an is called 'The Opener').
There are 114 Surahs in the Holy Qur'an. Plural: Suwar.

you're very good karla [Smile]
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any one no wat a 'NAAT' is ...i know ..got any sites for it good ones im fed up with the old sites ..
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChImPs_REVENGING:
any one no wat a 'NAAT' is ...i know ..got any sites for it good ones im fed up with the old sites ..

A Naat (نعت) is poetry that specifically praises the prophet Mohammed(SAWS). Most of the famous scholars of Islam, including direct followers of Mohammed, wrote Naat in the earliest days of Islam. One of Mohammed's followers was Hassan-bin-Thaabit, famous for his poetry that defended Muhammad in response to rival poets that attacked Muhammad and his religion by means of poetry.

Commonly the term Naat-Shareef (Exalted Poetry) is reserved and used for the poetry in the praise of Muhammad written in Urdu, Persian, and Arabic.

In the Arabic language, Naat is usually referred as Nasheed (poetry) or Anasheed (plural). It is a general term that could describe any type of religious poetry.

Anasheed or Naat usually is not accompanied by musical instruments. However some scholars have allowed a small drum (daff) that is open from one end to be used. Usually, poetry that is accompanied with musical instruments are called Ghinaa (music).

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karla:
One of Mohammed's followers was Hassan-bin-Thaabit, famous for his poetry that defended Muhammad in response to rival poets that attacked Muhammad and his religion by means of poetry.

the Prophet's Poet Hassan-bin-Thaabit , my favorite verses he described the Prophet with them is:

و أحسن منك لم تر قط عينى
و أجمل منك لم تلد النساء
خُلقت مبرئا من كل عيب
كأنك خُلقت كما تشاء

Posts: 1201 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

1 Have you seen him who denies the Recompense?

2 That is he who repulses the orphan (harshly),

3 And urges not the feeding of AlMiskin (the poor),

4 So woe unto those performers of Salat (prayers) (hypocrites),

5 Who delay their Salat (prayer) from their stated fixed times,

6 Those who do good deeds only to be seen (of men),

7 And refuse Al-Ma'un (small kindnesses e.g. salt, sugar, water, etc.).

Surah Al-Maa'oon (Neighborly Kindness) 107

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com