EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » where's the Gospel of Jesus ???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: where's the Gospel of Jesus ???
Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the Quran states that Allah gave Jesus a Gospel , lets read this verse from the Holy Quran:

"And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah. " [5:46]

the bible that christians have today confirm this fact that there was a Gospel at the time of Jesus, which i believe it is the Gospel that Allah talks about in the previous verse, the Gospel of Jesus.

lets read these verses from the bible:

"Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel." [Mark 1:14-15] KJV

"I tell you the truth, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her." [Mark 14:9] NIV

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." [Mark 16:15] KJV

where is the Gospel that Jesus wanted his followers to preach and he was preaching himself ?

"And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life." [Mk 10:29-30] KJV

interesting ! Was this Gospel that Jesus talking about , the Gospel of Matthew or Mark or Luke or John ?????

Posts: 1201 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kary
Member # 10045

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Christianity, gospel (or its Greek equivalent evangelion) means "good news". Received opinion holds that the word gospel derives from the Old English word for "good news", a translation of the Greek word ευαγγέλιον, euangelion (from this word comes the term "evangelist").

Mr Egypt, Jesus preached us the Gospel, the good news, he didnt talk about any book or someone elses message.
But keep going on searching the bible as you do now!
1 يَاابْنِي إِنْ قَبِلْتَ كَلاَمِي، وَادَّخَرْتَ وَصَايَايَ فِي قَلْبِكَ،

2 وَأَرْهَفْتَ أُذُنَكَ إِلَى الْحِكْمَةِ، وَأَمَلْتَ قَلْبَكَ نَحْوَ الْفَهْمِ،

3 وَإِنْ نَشَدْتَ الْفِطْنَةَ، وَهَتَفْتَ دَاعِياً الْفَهْمَ.

4 إِنِ الْتَمَسْتَهُ كَمَا تُلْتَمَسُ الْفِضَّةُ، وَبَحَثْتَ عَنْهُ كَمَا يُبْحَثُ عَنِ الْكُنُوزِ الدَّفِينَةِ،

5 عِنْدَئِذٍ تُدْرِكُ مَخَافَةَ الرَّبِّ وَتَعْثُرُ عَلَى مَعْرِفَةِ اللهِ،

Posts: 10 | From: North | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kary:
[QB] In Christianity, gospel (or its Greek equivalent evangelion) means "good news". Received opinion holds that the word gospel derives from the Old English word for "good news", a translation of the Greek word ευαγγέλιον, euangelion (from this word comes the term "evangelist").

Mr Egypt, Jesus preached us the Gospel, the good news, he didnt talk about any book or someone elses message.

"And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life." [Mk 10:29-30]

so jesus here telling his followers that whoever leave his family for him and for the good news will recieve the eternal life?

lets look at these verses together so you will understand, (NIV)

"After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God. 15"The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!" Mark 1:14-15

so here the translators translated the gospel as the good news, that's good.

NOW, we see this verse from the same version

"I tell you the truth, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her." Mark 14:9

why on earth they didnt put the good news here too instead of the gospel as they did in the verse before this ?

The term "gospel" (euangelion) has the following simple meaning: "Originally denoted a reward for good tidings; later, the idea of reward dropped, and the word stood for the good news itself" (W. E. Vines, Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words). To establish the practical and full meaning of "gospel" we must study what the scriptures teach relative to the gospel. Walter Scott (Presbyterian Preacher during the "Restoration Movement") who was born October 31, 1796 in Scotland and was considered by some as one of the more analytical preachers of his day coined an expression regarding the gospel which continues to be used today. After diligent study of the gospel, Scott said the gospel consists of "facts to be believed, commands to be obeyed, and promises to be anticipated." I suggest Scott's analysis is essentially correct.

The gospel consists of facts to be believed. Paul in his first letter to the Corinthians set forth the idea of facts to be believed. The fundamental facts of the gospel are "Jesus died for our sins…, he was buried, and that he rose again the third day, according to the scriptures" (I Cor. 15: 1-4). The gospel must be received and we must stand therein in order to be saved (vss. 1, 2). Water baptism is based on these essential facts of the gospel. The alien sinner becomes dead to sin (buried), is baptized into Jesus' death, and is raised from the dead (Rom. 6: 1-4). This is the meaning of "For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death…" (vs. 5). This is also the liberating "form of doctrine" the Romans had received and obeyed (vss. 17, 18).

The gospel is made up of commands to be obeyed. There are commands regarding the obtaining of initial salvation and the ongoing maintaining of salvation. The non-Christian, for instance, is commanded to believe, repent, confess Christ's deity, and be baptized for the remission of sin (Jn. 8: 24, Acts 2: 38, Rom. 10: 9, 10, Acts 2: 38). The child of God is required to abstain from evil and abound in every good work (I Thes. 5: 22, Col. 1: 10). God's commandments must be obeyed and they are not grievous to those who love God (Heb. 5: 8, 9, I Jn. 5: 3).

The gospel also consists of promises to be anticipated. Every command has an associated and consequent promise whether the promise is explicit in nature or is inferred (implicit). There is the anticipation of salvation associated with belief, repentance, confession, and baptism (Acts 2: 38, 3: 19). "…be thou faithful unto death," Jesus promises the Christian, "and I will give thee a crown of life" (Rev. 2: 10).

The gospel and explanatory phrases. Another way to establish the full meaning of the gospel is to notice the explanatory phrases applied to the gospel. "The gospel of Christ" indicated the origin and connection of the gospel to Jesus (Mk. 1: 1, Rom. 1: 16). There is the "gospel of the kingdom," "gospel of the grace of God," and "the gospel of peace" (Matt. 4: 23, 9: 35; Tit. 3: 5, Acts 20: 24; Eph. 6: 15). The expression, "gospel of your salvation" indicates the presence and instrumentality of the gospel relative to the enjoyment of salvation (Eph. 1: 3).

The nature of Jesus' gospel. The Jerusalem gospel does not even resemble the common social gospel of fun and frolic of our day. Regarding what matters in the Kingdom Paul penned, "For the Kingdom of God is not meat and drink…" (Rom. 14: 17). The gospel has transforming ability (I Cor. 1: 18-21, 2 Cor. 5: 17). The gospel is revealing and didactic (2 Tim. 1: 7-10). The First Century gospel is pure and we have the charge enjoined on us to maintain its purity (2 Cor. 4: 2, I Pet. 2: 2). In this vein, we are not to change the gospel in any way (Gal. 1: 6-9, Rev. 22: 18, 19). The gospel is also aggressive in its essential nature (Jude 3, 2 Tim. 4: 2).

The practical value of the gospel. As we have already seen, the gospel is God's power unto salvation (Rom. 1: 16). The gospel tells us how to live and condemns us when we sin (Gal. 2: 14). The gospel contains the remedy for guilt (forgiveness, Acts 2: 38, I Jn. 1: 7-10). The gospel teaches healthy self-examination (2 Cor. 13: 5). Furthermore, the gospel instructs us regarding how to avoid worry (Matt. 6: 34, 11, Phili. 4: 6).

Man's responsibility regarding the gospel. We are to believe the gospel, obey it, and be not ashamed of it (Rom. 10: 16, I Pet. 4: 17, Rom. 1: 16). We are to teach the gospel and guard against corruption (Phili. 2: 16, I Tim. 6: 20). Moreover, we must hold fast the gospel and live in such a way as it becomes the gospel (I Cor. 15: 1, 2, Phili. 1: 27, 21).

In conclusion, the typical abbreviated definition of the gospel (simply undemanding good news and all man has to do is have a passive faith, faith only) is flagrantly false. Those, even in the Lord's church, who are attempting to reduce the gospel to only promises to be unconditionally received, are presenting another gospel than the Jerusalem gospel (Gal. 1: 6-10). They are placating the selfish demands of the hearers who want a sacrifice and cost free religion! (See 2 Tim. 4: 1-5.) Indeed, the gospel contains the good news of a Savior who loved us and died for us and offers us salvation here and hope of heaven hereafter. However, the gospel also has attendant conditions and requirements. Perhaps this is why we read, "But they have not all obeyed the gospel…" (Rom. 10: 16, see also 2 Thes. 1: 6-9).

Posts: 1201 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a goat eat it ! [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com