EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » DENMARK: Buliding Bridges...islamphobia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DENMARK: Buliding Bridges...islamphobia
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
watch it live now

here:
http://www.islamchannel.tv/streamVideo.aspx?media=mp&conn=bb

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mocking bird
Member # 10937

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mocking bird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bridge for sale! Bridge for sale!

Denmark: Cartoon Rage Imam to leave country

Denmark's most prominent imam, who led criticism of the newspaper that published cartoons of the prophet Muhammad, is to leave the country, the Jyllands-Posten reported yesterday.

Imam Ahmed Abu Laban said he felt humiliated since the cartoon controversy, which led to riots around the world, and that he would return to Gaza with his family, the daily reported. "I am being viewed as a simple terrorist," he was quoted as saying.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1772992,00.html

When in fact, he's a very complex and subtle terrorist..

Poor Denmark - they will miss him. The ultimate boycott of Denmark

Posts: 199 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mocking bird
Member # 10937

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mocking bird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Al-Qaeda video calls for "sea of blood" in revenge for Muhammad cartoons

From correspondents in Paris

May 12, 2006

France Soir / file
Media ... video calls for violent protests for publication of the cartoons / file

A VIDEO by an al-Qaeda member posted on the Internet overnight calls on Muslims to attack Denmark, Norway and France for publishing cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed.
"Muslims avenge your Prophet .... We deeply desire that the small state of Denmark, Norway and France ... are struck hard and destroyed," said Libyan Mohammed Hassan, who escaped from US custody at Bagram airbase in Afghanistan last July.

"Destroy their buildings, make their ground shake and transform them into a sea of blood," said Hassan, dressed in military fatigues and a black turban, and holding an assault rifle.

Hassan, also known as Sheikh Abu Yahia al-Libi, was one of four Arab terror suspects who broke out of the high-security detention facility at Bagram, the main US military base in Afghanistan.

It was unclear when the 35-minute video, produced by al-Sahab, a media organisation close to Al-Qaeda, was recorded.

Video: Attacks Thwarted Since London Bombings

Advertisement:
The posting of the video comes three week's after al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden's call in a video to boycott products from the US and European countries which supported Denmark over the publication of the cartoons.

Earlier this year, the cartoons, including one showing the prophet with a bomb-shaped turban, sparked violent protests by Muslims worldwide after they appeared in Danish and other European newspapers.

Muslims consider any image of the prophet to be blasphemous. http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,19110195-401,00.html

Posts: 199 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mocking bird
Member # 10937

Rate Member
"Destroy their buildings, make their ground shake and transform them into a sea of blood," said Hassan, dressed in military fatigues and a black turban, and holding an assault rifle.

"....so that the infidels may learn better than to wrongly portray our prophet and his followers as VIOLENT PEOPLE!!!"

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah that should teach us that muslims aren't ignorant voilent people - but we allready learned that when they burned down our ambassades........
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its laughable really isnt it....

or at least it would be if it wasnt so sad.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] no comment
Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan:
[Big Grin] no comment

this really has to be the most useless, redundant, pathetic thing anyone can post on an internet forum.

your only saving grace is the smilie... i assume you are laughing at yourself.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
Yeah that should teach us that muslims aren't ignorant voilent people - but we allready learned that when they burned down our ambassades........

Hey I burned no fukin embassies!
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lazeez:
quote:

Hey I burned no fukin embassies!
I know you did - but somebody else did when the crowed went on the rampage.
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
burning ebmbassies, thats an act of an angry mob, it hasn't got anything to do with Islam.

the ppl who burned embassies, logically what do u think their background is? would some one educated do that? would some one religious do that?

Plz give ur self a break and cut Islam some slack.....STOP blaming every thing on Islam---> and plz dont refer to Arabs as Muslims coz it's called stereotyping---and that goes on Arabs as well---

Posts: 517 | From: snake city | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by snake poison:
burning ebmbassies, thats an act of an angry mob, it hasn't got anything to do with Islam.

the ppl who burned embassies, logically what do u think their background is? would some one educated do that? would some one religious do that?

Plz give ur self a break and cut Islam some slack.....STOP blaming every thing on Islam---> and plz dont refer to Arabs as Muslims coz it's called stereotyping---and that goes on Arabs as well---

This time it had something to do with islam and muslims. It was because of the cartoons of your beloved profet. There was no christians or buddiests who was that angy about it....This kind of rampage was going on in many muslims countries not only arab but also indonesia.
[Frown]

snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muslims all over the world got offended by the cartoons, coz their religion and prophet is something they consider very very personal, to an extent a non muslims would not understand.

and that is only a natural reaction to the cartoons, I mean, I understand why did ppl resort to violence.

Charm El Feikh?

Member # 10243

Rate Member posted 13-05-2006 23:49
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
its laughable really isnt it....

or at least it would be if it wasnt so sad.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 3277 | From: my mum! | Registered: Feb 2006 | IP: Logged |

I mean by cut Islam some slack as a comment on the above quoted...

Still, it's not a problem of Islam, just Muslims (who mostly happen to be all from 3rd world countries--->majority of ppl are ignorant)

Posts: 517 | From: snake city | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Violence is not the solution to anything or acceptable under no circumstances.

Our flag and our queen is just as important to us as your beloved profet. What if we would act on our feelings to and go on a wild rampage.When would this violence then lead to or when would it stop......

snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
It wont stop, i'm not justifying what the angry mob did, of course it's wrong.

Arab authorities handled the situation in a wrong way, they know very well, just as I know that ppl will protest and evetually it will get violence.
while the ppl acted on feelings, the government should have acted twice as fast, logically, and in a political way; in order to contain the situation and solve the situation before it gets out of hand.
I think now a group of lawyers, and Sheikhs(muslim priest) are trying to pass a law against offending any Religion.

btw Tibe, it's the journalist who started this hole issue, no Arab ever burnt the Flag of Denmark before that, no Arab had anything against Denamk befor that, I think THIS journalist caused a lot of damage to the immage of Danes all over the Arab world. So don't try to justify the journalsits act coz it was alltogether wrong.

As you are blaming Islam and Muslims, you should blame the Journalist who did that.

concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lazeez, I understand why you're upset when they accuse all arabs of burning the embassies. We know you did not do this. I guess there's just a lot of suspicion about muslims when stuff happens. I'm sorry that there is. I know you get tired of Muslims and arabs being sterotyped.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Granted, it's good to respect a religion, Snake Poison, but you should not get violent over such things. I think that there is a more peaceful way of handling things. Like if the muslims got upset at something that was said about their religion, then maybe the could talk to the people that offended them.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
They should just have sticked to the boycott of Denmark and a dialogue. No need to burn innocent peoples picture (primeminister and our loving queen)or burning/stepping on our flag.
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Look at all the hate that one little cartoon about the prophet mohammed causes. Instead of calling us the infidels, why don't they try to get along with us? I know you should not insult the prophet, but do they have to go on a vengence path and hurt people?
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Lazeez, I know you did not burn any embassies, but look at all the heartache it causes when the embassies do get burned. All of this fighting between arabs and others really breaks my heart. Don't you want peace and to have some muslims realize that killing others is not the way to vent your anger at the prophet being ridiculed?
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
quote:
They should just have sticked to the boycott of Denmark and a dialogue. No need to burn innocent peoples picture (primeminister and our loving queen)or burning/stepping on our flag.

I completly agree to that.

I think all that anger came on Denmark, just because the rest of the world is constantly riping on Arabs and Muslims, it was a reaction out of frustration, coz they can't take it anymore, ever looked at it from that prespective?

concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
I seriously doubt that we can build briges and relations between the arab world and the USA or between Muslims and Christians. I just don't see that happending.
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Snake Poison, I try to look at things from all perspectives. I see why arabs would be angry at the world constantly ripping on them. I don't know what the solution is as far as them and the rest of the world getting along, but maybe if the muslims did not burn Denmark's flag, and the prophet was not insulted, then there would not be any problems.
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
I think, with some people they are scared of Islam because of the things they've heard. I'm not saying they're right, but they are scared.
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by concernedforwomen:
I think, with some people they are scared of Islam because of the things they've heard. I'm not saying they're right, but they are scared.

who is scaring them?
they are scared because the western media is portreying Arabs and Muslims as terrorists.

look at 24<--- the tv show, every terrorist they have is an Arab whose name is mohamed and who was originally from an Arab country and probably is a Muslim.

BS like that is what scares ppl off.

and whose mistake is that? bin laden, whose getting teh consequences the Arabs, who's is contuinuing to rip on Arabs and Muslims, a journalist like the one from Denmark, OF COURSE ARABS AND MUSLIMS AINT GONNA TAKE SUCH ARROGANCE<---not only from this journalist from the rest of the western media, which is affecting the minds of the ppl who are "scared".

just as Arabs stereotype americans and europeans, just as americans and europeans are stereotyping Arabs.

concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
I understand everything you are saying, Snake Poison. Me, personally, I was never worried about an arab being a terrorist. I think the media has a lot to do what americans feel about arabs. Bin Laden and Saddam should be thanked for some of the negativity in the arab world. I don't think that journalist from Denmark is right. Also, remember the Oaklahoma city bombing? Well, Timothy Mcvay was not a arab. He committed a terrorist act. Although the Western Media should not portray arabs this way, what I'm trying to point out is that its the terrorists that put fear into the hearts of some of the American people. I'm not talking about me, because I don't have fear in my heart after the acts of terrorism.
mocking bird
Member # 10937

Rate Member
If Islam is the religion of peace, tolerance, and equality that apologists in the West make it out to be, one thing is certain: it is also the religion that fails more miserably than any other to inculcate its true teachings in its adherents.

Whether the subject is women, terrorism, or freedom of speech, there's always one common theme: "misconceptions".

For some bizarre reason, everyone in the world has all sorts of misconceptions about Islam that aren't true at all! You have to wonder, where do these misconceptions come from, and why are Islam apologists always trying to explain how everyone's got it all wrong? You don't see people constantly repeating that Christianity and Buddhism are religions of peace, because it can be easily seen that both religions are overwhelmingly benign, so there's no need to keep stating the obvious.

If things like multiculturalism and Islam were 100% OK and great for everyone, I don't think it would be necessary to tirelessly and constantly point out that they're 100% OK and great for everyone (while censoring, intimidating or assassinating anyone who thinks otherwise).

concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Mocking Bird, everytime I make a statement in here that someone disagrees with, they try to intimidate me. I'm not disagreeing with Islam, but I stated my opinion on certain things, and some people jumped on me and acted like I could not have an opionion about certain things. One time I simply stated that a woman could wash her hands before she prayed in Muslim religion, if she had her period, and I was not saying that they had to do it that way, but saying that that could be done.
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Lazeez, are you upset with me? Is that the reason why you are not talking to me? Could you please answer me? please?
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by concernedforwomen:
Mocking Bird, everytime I make a statement in here that someone disagrees with, they try to intimidate me. I'm not disagreeing with Islam, but I stated my opinion on certain things, and some people jumped on me and acted like I could not have an opionion about certain things. One time I simply stated that a woman could wash her hands before she prayed in Muslim religion, if she had her period, and I was not saying that they had to do it that way, but saying that that could be done.

jesus christ, you get worse. how many times are you gonna tell us about that? for every post you make.. you make 3.. THEN another one to explain what you were NOT trying to say... then another one to tell other people how youve been jumped on, and a few about people being upset with you!!

its tiresome to say the least. im not sure if you are just really bad at understanding things or if you are severely cerebrally disadvantaged.

concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Charm, I only talked about that two times. I hardly ever post anything about people being upset with me. Morgan was talking about people trying to intimidate people who had a different opinion about certain things in Islam. I was telling him that I knew what he meant.
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
You know, charm, to call someone braindead just because they post something that you don't like is rude. I do not have a bad time understanding things!! I'm probably smarter than you'll ever be. The point is, some people in here don't want anyone to disagree with them. You have chosen to get all bent out of shape everytime something does not suite you!!
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Charm, you said alcohol is your friend, so maybe you're braindead. The facts about alcohol say otherwise, and if you ever saw commericals about not driving and drinking, the point being to demonstrate the possible dangers of drinking, then you would be enlightened. My grandfather had a brother who drank and got in trouble at a bar, so don't tell me the greatness of alcohol! That is prove that beer can be bad! Get your facts straight on life, dope! Go to the pubs in britain, like the fool that you are, because obviously, you don't have the intelligence to do anything except get drunk!
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
charm she did it again hehehehe

moking bird, before u start talking about Islam you should know about it first.. in Islam there are Sunni Muslim, Shiat Muslim and Sufi Muslim.

in Sunni there are 4 diffrent schools of thought Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi'i and Hanbal each had explained Sunni Islam in a certain way.

I suggest u read about the diffrences between Sunni, Shiat, and Sufism, and how they evolved.

besides there are so many diffrent scholars who interpreted Islam and here's a list of them

http://www.answers.com/list%20of%20islamic%20scholars

and trust me there are a lot of them, before u start yapping and saying nonsense about something u apparently know nothing about READ 1st before u make any judgmnet.

most probably u wont read on any of these, coz it's a lot of reading to do, then u r just someone who rips on Islam while knowing nothing about Islam, which would tell a lot about U and nothign about Islam.

concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Snake Poison, I was not trying to talk about how I had been fussed at again.
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
i meant with the 3 back to back posts [Razz]
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
and telling me im all bent out of shape... again... even though you "hardly ever do that"!

i hear bears hardly ever shitt in the woods.

snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
they don't !!! where do they shitt then?
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
snake, that may be your view of Islam but it is not that of many Muslims. Many want to hold women in second class status, many want nations to be run by Islamic law, many advocate the destruction of Israel. do not think we did not notice all the cheering around the region when the towers were hit. If I am the danish government I stop all Muslim immigration and deport any who hold their women in second class status or violate the law.
Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com