EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Why are so many Women converting to Islam? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why are so many Women converting to Islam?
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fopcian:
It is important that a wife recognizes the authority of her husband in the house. He is the head of the household, and she is supposed to listen to him.

Obedience misconstrued

The Qur’an does not order women to slavishly obey their husbands. It says good women are qanitat (have qunut). Qunut is used for both women and men (3:17, 33:35) and non- humans (39:9, 2:117). Qunut does not refer to the obedience of a wife to a husband or of any human to another. It refers to the spirit of humility before Allah. When the verse goes on to say “if they obey you,” the Qur’an uses the term ta’a, which means for one human to follow the orders of another, referring not just to women obeying men, but men following orders as well (4:59). Ta’a is not used here in the command form for women, rather the Qur’an places a firm admonishment on the men: “If they (female) pay you heed (male)” the males commanded “not to seek a way against (the women)”. “If they obey you” does not mean that women have an obligation to slavishly obey men. Nor does it mean that if a woman disobeys, a husband can beat her. The focus is on the responsibility of men to treat women fairly, especially when women follow their suggestions.

The Verse of Abuse of the Abused Verse

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(thumbs up) well said Dalia [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by _Khalid_:
Islam does not degrade women! My wife-to-be has tons of confidence and no problem feeling good about herself.
Maybe, just maybe, western women are sick of western culture and how it turns women into sexual objects. Did you consider they may want out of such culture?

From reading your recent posts it's perfectly clear you hate Islam and come here only to stir up trouble. I pity you.

Woman who can't say no too sex,wetout convert to Islam has a serius problem [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Khalid_
Member # 10998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Khalid_         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morgan, grow the hell up. You know perfectly-well what I meant.
I did not mean she slept around before becoming muslim, as she did not.
Frankly, Ayesha's behaviour is none of your business, but people like you stick their nose into anything and will only learn when they feel the fires of hell.

What I meant(and you damn well know it) is that western culture turns women into sexual objects by the way the media treats them etc, not that they are forced to sleep-around.

Grow up.

Posts: 61 | From: England | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are sexual objects in Islam as well Khalid. You guys have a little problem with your sexual image of yourselves. Fact is, we are talking about equality , not sex. Fact is, Muslims, as a rule, denigrate women. There is no place for this sick mentality in a civil society.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
horemheb, you just wont be told will you, even after many muslim women here tell you differently. I am a partner, friend, wife, confider and many other things to my husband as he is to me. I am HAPPIER than I have ever been, and my life wasnt bad before either. I am not forced to cover, i do it because I WANT TO, in fact my husband has often said 'take this off, you too hot, this is not Islam, Islam is in your heart, you dont need to be melting in this heat' but i prefer to wear the hijab, if i take it off im still as hot anyway!

No matter how many times or how many women tell you the same thing you seem to think YOU know better, how is that?? been watching CNN too much??

--------------------

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha, You guys do not live in a fish bowl, the world knows how you live and how you think. that women are abused in Islam is clear to everyone in the west. Throw those Burkas away and join the women of the modern world and we'll start having different ideas about Islam.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
i dont wear a burka. You have no idea how I live.

there are statistics showing how many men beat up on thier women after a night at the pub. On the radio today there was a warning that during the World Cup domestic abuse last year had risen 40% in UK, these were not surely all muslim? There are more cases of rape, sexual abuse and child abuse in NON MUSLIM communities than there are in muslim communities. try opening your eyes and your mind and you will see the difference, but i doubt you will.

I do not want to join the women of the modern world in YOUR terms, I am a woman of the modern world in my terms and happy about it. Why should i show off my boobs, legs and belly to anyone walking down the street? I dont want to, keep your so called 'liberation' thanks, its not needed in my life, im liberated enough.

--------------------

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Give me a frickin break Ayisha. Why do you keep going back to sexual things. What we are talking about is freedom for women in the world. Freedom to do ANYTHING a man can do and have power in her own home. Now you know damn well Muslim women are severly repressed and restricted in the middle east. Hell, Saudi women can't even drive a car. lets stop playing these little games and deal with issues. I'll tell you this, eventually Islam has to change. They'll either liberate their women or get more foreign armies in their nations. You cannot live in the 21st century with 7th century values.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yip.. that about sums it up... and the sooner you sort it out the sooner we can get our boys back home.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
What we are talking about is freedom for women in the world. Freedom to do ANYTHING a man can do and have power in her own home. Now you know damn well Muslim women are severly repressed and restricted in the middle east.

So this is the reason why so many women revert to Islam [Confused]

So how exactly are you backing you arguement, that Islam takes womens rights away, and yet so many are converting
Someone is living in denial, so how about that trip to Greenland?

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
not many are converting...I have never known a single woman that converted to islam. You have a few low self esteem women who get involved with these Muslim men and covert. We had the same thing in the 70's when we had many iranian students here.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea... i dont know any either...

but i do know a LOT of muslim women who (now that there here) dont give a fuckk about islam and just love westernising themselves...

i just adore seeing them enjoy themselves.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Thats already happended in Turkey and will start happening in Iraq as well. Traditional Islam is a religion waiting around to die.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
talk as much as you wish...wateva helps to divert the mind from reality [Wink]

i dont need to or waste my time here, this thread speaks for itself

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
or in other words... im off to bury my head in some middle east sand!!

you want it all ways dont you. expect us to come over there and be like you... yet you think you are coming over here and spreading islam...

its bullshit... your coming here for your own personal gains... which is very western... and you love the culture, so you adopt it.

why are so many muslim women adopting western culture????

soooooooooooooooo many more than are converting to islam!!!!!!!!

and the more immigrants we get........ the more islam dies!!!!!!!!!!!

and the more westeners sell up and leave this immigrant riddled country for the cheap middle eastern, hark back to colonial type countries... the more islam dies!!!!!!!

you cannot win!!!!!

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
I have stated this before, and will do so again..

Islam did not come to replace any nation or culture or tradition.

it only came to bring civilzation, law and order.

pre-islamic times men use to marrry 100 of women, sisters and mothers at same times

islam limted to this only 4, and not to marry families.

pre-islam times no care for the poors

islam made it a duty

many many things use to happen, that islam cam to "fix"

you can see islam as a "fix on" to ant culture, anywhere inthe world , even the western world...(explain why so many people adopt it)

i mean for example, the daily 5 prayers can be carried out in normal 5-9 work day.

dont see islam as another civilzation, a new tradition - its simply an upgrade to any society, and that is why it is so popular - even its "ancient" practices and rules can be adopted today - thjat is becuase islam is the one and only true religion

what other religion can compare?

i can be a westerner/american/japanese/arab/indian/african and still have this "add on" or "upgrade" to Islam in my life, without changing my exisiting culture....

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Give me a frickin break Ayisha. Why do you keep going back to sexual things. What we are talking about is freedom for women in the world. Freedom to do ANYTHING a man can do and have power in her own home. Now you know damn well Muslim women are severly repressed and restricted in the middle east. Hell, Saudi women can't even drive a car. lets stop playing these little games and deal with issues. I'll tell you this, eventually Islam has to change. They'll either liberate their women or get more foreign armies in their nations. You cannot live in the 21st century with 7th century values.

oh we are talking CULTURE not religion!! I see now!! im not in Saudi, I own my own house, I own and drive my own car and i am Muslim! I am free to do anything I want, am not repressed or restricted and I have full power in my own home. So how am I still in the 7th century?

What YOU have decided is ISLAM is actually CULTURE they are 2 totally different things!

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
not many are converting...I have never known a single woman that converted to islam. You have a few low self esteem women who get involved with these Muslim men and covert. We had the same thing in the 70's when we had many iranian students here.

well meet one here!!! [Big Grin]

AND I reverted 2 years before I even met my husband! with No MALE help at all, and im not the only one, there are thousands!!

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
wish i had read debts posts before i opened my mouth [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

well said

--------------------

mocking bird
Member # 10937

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mocking bird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To compare what is going on in the world TODAY with the dark ages 600 years ago is to admit that the Muslim religion is mired in the Middle Ages. do you even consider for a moment that maybe the Islamic model needs not only a touch up, but a complete makeover? Honestly, I cannot think of a single teeny tiny issue where the Islamic model should be considered seriously in the modern world.

Islamic republics are by their nature firmly mired in the middle ages, and practice middle age law (Shariah) as it is so firmly embedded in their religion it seems impossible to separate the two. Unless Islam globally can accept that living according to Shariah law is a part of the religion and therefore should be between and individual and
his/her God, the intolerance and hatred will not go away. Islam seems unable to accept any situation that does not impose their law on all who live in the country, Muslim or not- this is unacceptable.

Posts: 199 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
mocking, its seems to me thats its YOU that is intollerant, not the Muslims here. You are intollerant of Islam. islam does not need or want a 'make over' thank you very much for your concern though, if we need dressing up we will ASK.

As for you not being able to consider the islamic model in your modern world, then dont. [Big Grin]

Do you comply with laws of countries you live in and visit? so you will be expected to abide by the laws of a Muslim country if you visit there would you not? Laws are imposed in all countries, residents and visitors have to abide by the laws. You would expect visitors to YOUR country to abide by the laws wouldnt you? so why is that unacceptable??

--------------------

AshkiA
Member # 10944

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshkiA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The original post really is BS. Come on people, use logical thinking and reasoning before posting such things. Religion is your RIGHT, but it is not your RIGHT to slander.
Anyway......

Posts: 177 | From: Alexandria,Egypt / Missouri,USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWesternDebt2Islaam:
I have stated this before, and will do so again..

Islam did not come to replace any nation or culture or tradition.

it only came to bring civilzation, law and order.

pre-islamic times men use to marrry 100 of women, sisters and mothers at same times

islam limted to this only 4, and not to marry families.

pre-islam times no care for the poors

islam made it a duty

many many things use to happen, that islam cam to "fix"

you can see islam as a "fix on" to ant culture, anywhere inthe world , even the western world...(explain why so many people adopt it)

i mean for example, the daily 5 prayers can be carried out in normal 5-9 work day.

dont see islam as another civilzation, a new tradition - its simply an upgrade to any society, and that is why it is so popular - even its "ancient" practices and rules can be adopted today - thjat is becuase islam is the one and only true religion

what other religion can compare?

i can be a westerner/american/japanese/arab/indian/african and still have this "add on" or "upgrade" to Islam in my life, without changing my exisiting culture....

maybe... but we fix it wetout ISLAM

an we do better than any muslim country [Razz]

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
i dont wear a burka. You have no idea how I live.

there are statistics showing how many men beat up on thier women after a night at the pub. On the radio today there was a warning that during the World Cup domestic abuse last year had risen 40% in UK, these were not surely all muslim? There are more cases of rape, sexual abuse and child abuse in NON MUSLIM communities than there are in muslim communities. try opening your eyes and your mind and you will see the difference, but i doubt you will.

I do not want to join the women of the modern world in YOUR terms, I am a woman of the modern world in my terms and happy about it. Why should i show off my boobs, legs and belly to anyone walking down the street? I dont want to, keep your so called 'liberation' thanks, its not needed in my life, im liberated enough.

Crap the crimerate among muslim in EU are 70%
don't lie ..

why, you don't show your self of now, is beacourse you are old and... [Big Grin] get real, always so so naiv

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
grow up morgan

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com