EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » German state bans Muslim headscarf for teachers in schools

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: German state bans Muslim headscarf for teachers in schools
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
German state bans Muslim headscarf for teachers in schools
June 1, 2006

BERLIN -- Germany's most populous state, North-Rhine Westphalia, on Wednesday issued a ban on teachers in public schools wearing the Muslim headscarf.

It is the eighth of the country's 16 regional states to adopt the controversial measure.

A law banning the Islamic headscarf was adopted by the regional parliament of the western state where the conservative Christian Democrats hold a majority.

The Greens and the Social Democrats voted against it.

The Central Council of Muslims in Germany said that the new law was unconstitutional because it does not treat all religions as equal, banning only the headscarf and not the Christian cross or any other religious symbols.

Germany, the home to the world's biggest Turkish community outside Turkey, saw a heated debate about whether headscarves should be banned in schools in 2003 when such a law was proposed in France. It was adopted by the French parliament in 2004.

The German constitutional court ruled at the time that it was up to each state to write its own laws on the matter.

http://www.metimes.com/articles/normal.php?StoryID=20060601-074636-5379r

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ispy
Member # 5871

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ispy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why?

There is much bigger problem in this world.

Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they did'nt let me wear a baseball hat is school..

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
women arnt allowed to wear trousers in the high court. i did my work experience there when i was in high school! i thought it was very sexist, but thats just the way it is. places like that try to hang on to our countries culture... personally i think they should wear a scarf if they want but you see the thing is weve bent over backwards for years, and the more we bend the more were pushed... and now we are going in the other direction.

id get used to news item like this, especially from britain, weve had enough of being turned into a muslim/hindu country... its a christian country, and if you dont like our culture and cant live the way we do, dont come!

sound familiar?!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh... and BTW... male teachers arnt allowed to wear dresses, skirts, blouses, high heels or lipstick in schools here.... female teachers arnt allowed to have red, white and blue mohican's either...

i dont think either sex is allowed to wear bikinis at school... or tribal lip stretchers... or clown suits or PVC dresses...

im sure a sombrero would be out of the question...

the kids have to wear uniforms and arnt allowed to have mohicans (although they are now allowed to have skin heads.... it was banned when i was at school)....

get the picture?

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana
Member # 11116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah omg we at it again ,we have no probs just fight them i do and if they dont like it my middle fingers go up to any one im not much here writing but face me and you got a fasty bitch ...if i want to wear my head scarf i do and if i they dont like it im not give shite i do has i please im born here pay my taxes and my morgage and i pray and i dance and i have sex and im fucking happy with my world they can take me to court they can strip me of my dignity but i will prevail and carry on ,or i will tie my self to the railings now doesnt that sound familiar ,wow got a idea now .any way no probs here
Posts: 354 | From: deputydawgland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ispy
Member # 5871

Rate Member posted 06 June, 2006 13:39
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
why?

There is much bigger problem in this world

exactly we create the problems and one is being slowely created here ...

Posts: 354 | From: deputydawgland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
may day
Member # 8936

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for may day   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in turkey also is not allowed to wear scarf in public schools and courts and dont forget turkey is 99% islamic country
Posts: 46 | From: greece | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by may day:
in turkey also is not allowed to wear scarf in public schools and courts and dont forget turkey is 99% islamic country

Turkey is actually very much a secular country that happens to have most of its population professing to the Islamic faith, to some degree or other.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
what about this?......

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=17726

a clear case of discrimination!

Member # 11116

Member Rated:
yeah me bored now off for a swim WOMAN ONLY [Wink] BCK GRDEN

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com