EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » muslims and alcohol (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: muslims and alcohol
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
would it be fair to say that most muslims dont drink alcohol?
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reconstrucdead
Member # 11206

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reconstrucdead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on whether they are practising Muslims or not. But most of them, yes, they don't drink. They are too obsessed with religion, in an unhealthy way.
Posts: 145 | From: offshore | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of them?
I would say most of olders don't drink.

Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reconstrucdead:
most of them, yes, they don't drink. They are too obsessed with religion, in an unhealthy way.

would you be able to put a percentage on it? even if its just a guess.

i ask that because im interested to see how people perceive muslims and alcohol.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Marcella:

I would say most of olders don't drink.

what sort of age?
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of these who are almost dead. [Big Grin]
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luxorlife
Member # 9763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luxorlife   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The majority of my Muslem acquantances do drink - they enjoy Stella in the bars of Luxor and the West Bank, and you can often see drunks here! That is not to say that it is a general rule - I would think these are mainly of the younger generation.

Also, I have noticed quite a few 'stoned' Egyptians - marijuana and hasheesh are freely available here.

Posts: 26 | From: Luxor | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
thanks luxorlife.

in my experience, most egyptians (that i know) drink... yet, i am taking my lessons about muslims here in ES. i have started alcohol threads before and the overwhelming decision was, muslims DONT drink...

yet when i said last night that " most muslims dont drink" i was criticised for it... so i apologised and said " ok.. so most muslims DO drink" and i was shot down!!!

so i have opened this thread to see what the general opinion is.

i dont care about the old thread/argument... i am interested to see what the general opinion is... do muslims drink or not?

Madame.E
Member # 9974

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madame.E   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen muslims drink in Luxor too, it is mainly the younger ones but cant comment on other countries as I have never been! I would say that it is the minority in Egypt rather than the majority though but that just might be the people we associate with and the places that we eat/drink. We very rarely go anywhere in Luxor that serves alcohol.
Not a very helpful answer, I would think you are never going to get an honest answer from a muslim as they should not be drinking and wont admit to it publicly.

--------------------
Success......... is a journey

www.we-all-earn.co.uk (quote AMT)

Posts: 41 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
thanks luxorlife.

in my experience, most egyptians (that i know) drink... yet, i am taking my lessons about muslims here in ES. i have started alcohol threads before and the overwhelming decision was, muslims DONT drink...

yet when i said last night that " most muslims dont drink" i was criticised for it... so i apologised and said " ok.. so most muslims DO drink" and i was shot down!!!

so i have opened this thread to see what the general opinion is.

i dont care about the old thread/argument... i am interested to see what the general opinion is... do muslims drink or not?

I'll give u example.My boyfriend when he was younger 18-24 he used to drink with his friends a lot.They all were a muslims.But after that he decided to stop drinking(because no muslim should do that) and then he didn't get ANY kind of alcohol.I think there will be a day that they will decide stop to drink.When they'll be older.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the question is like asking 'do christians drink' or 'do humans drink' !!

yes some muslims do drink, yes its haram, and yes they know its haram.

Why is it everyone else does as they wish and accepts no 'judgement' from others but each and every single muslim seems to be 'on trial' for the actions of each and every other single Muslim?

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
ayisha... im sorry... i really dont see where your coming from...

im asking a question... its an open question... i havnt already made my mind up... its not a loaded question...

so if you think this is putting muslims on trail... i seriously feel sorry for the amount of persecution you must have endured.

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charm,

Wanna tell you a story,
About the house-man blues
I come home one Friday,
Had to tell the landlady I'd-a lost my job
She said that don't confront me,
Long as I get my money next Friday
Now next Friday come I didn't get the rent,
And out the door I went

So I goes to the landlady,
I said, "You let me slide?"
I'll have the rent for you in a month.
Next I don't know
So said let me slide it on you know people,
I notice when I come home in the evening
She ain't got nothing nice to say to me,
But for five year she was so nice
Loh' she was lovy-dovy,
I come home one particular evening
The landlady said, "You got the rent money yet?",
I said, "No, can't find no job"
Therefore I ain't got no money to pay the rent
She said "I don't believe you're tryin' to find no job"
Said "I seen you today you was standin' on a corner,
Leaning up against a post"
I said "But I'm tired, I've been walkin' all day"
She said "That don't confront me,
Long as I get my money next Friday"
Now next Friday come I didn't have the rent,
And out the door I went

So I go down the streets,
Down to my good friend's house
I said "Look man I'm outdoors you know,
Can I stay with you maybe a couple days?"
He said "Let me go and ask my wife"
He come out of the house,
I could see it in his face
I know that was no
He said "I don't know man, ah she kinda funny, you know"
I said "I know, everybody funny, now you funny too"
So I go back home
I tell the landlady I got a job, I'm gonna pay the rent
She said "Yeah?" I said "Oh yeah"
And then she was so nice,
Loh' she was lovy-dovy
So I go in my room, pack up my things and I go,
I slip on out the back door and down the streets I go
She a-howlin' about the front rent, she'll be lucky to get any back rent,
She ain't gonna get none of it
So I stop in the local bar you know people,
I go to the bar, I ring my coat, I call the bartender
Said "Look man, come down here", he got down there
So what you want?

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer
Well I ain't seen my baby since I don't know when,
I've been drinking bourbon, whiskey, scotch and gin
Gonna get high man I'm gonna get loose,
Need me a triple shot of that juice
Gonna get drunk don't you have no fear
I want one bourbon, one scotch and one beer

But I'm sitting now at the bar,
I'm getting drunk, I'm feelin' mellow
I'm drinkin' bourbon, I'm drinkin' scotch, I'm drinkin' beer
Looked down the bar, here come the bartender
I said "Look man, come down here"
So what you want?

No I ain't seen my baby since the night before last,
Gotta get a drink man I'm gonna get gassed
Gonna get high man I ain't had enough,
Need me a triple shot of that stuff
Gonna get drunk won't you listen right here,
I want one bourbon, one shot and one beer

Now by this time I'm plenty high,
You know when your mouth a-getting dry you're plenty high
Looked down the bar I say to my bartender
I said "Look man, come down here", he got down there
So what you want this time?
I said "Look man, a-what time is it?"
He said "The clock on the wall say three o'clock
Last call for alcohol, so what you need?"

No I ain't seen my baby since a nigh' and a week,
Gotta get drunk man till I can't even speak
Gonna get high man listen to me,
One drink ain't enough Jack you better make it three
I wanna get drunk I'm gonna make it real clear,
I want one bourbon, one scotch and one beer

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iamthej9
Member # 11174

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for iamthej9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, good old george thorogood...those were the days. you are quite the music buff arent you rosy? i would have thought you would have used a more romantic song to appeal to charm but looks like you've gone for the appeal of alcohol. you ol' charmer you!!!!!
Posts: 47 | From: perth western australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iamthej9
Member # 11174

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for iamthej9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
of course they drink - they're men not machines. and the alcohol then lets them do whatever else they want to do. i had alcohol and weed in egypt when i was there but not in public (oh i tell a lie - i smoked a j crossing from west to east bank on a boat). i think they are just better at hiding it...like the women....where the hell were they all??? when i smoked sheesa i discovered they were all around the corner!! if id known that i would have gone around and smoked with them!!
Posts: 47 | From: perth western australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iamthej9,

Nibblin' on sponge cake,
watchin' the sun bake;
All of those tourists covered with oil.
Strummin' my six string on my front porch swing.
Smell those shrimp
They're beginnin' to boil.

Wasted away again in Margaritaville,
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame,
But I know it's nobody's fault.

Don't know the reason,
Stayed here all season
With nothing to show but this brand new tattoo.
But it's a real beauty,
A Mexican cutie, how it got here
I haven't a clue.

Wasted away again in Margaritaville,
Now I think, - hell it could be my fault.

I blew out my flip flop,
Stepped on a pop top,
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home.
But there's booze in the blender,
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.

Wasted away again in Margaritaville
But I know, it's my own damn fault.
Yes, and some people claim that there's a woman to blame
And I know it's my own damn fault.

--------------------

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:
Charm,

Wanna tell you a story,
About the house-man blues
I

PMSL...

I broke a thousand hearts, before I met you
I'll break a thousand more baby, before I am through
I wanna be yours pretty baby, yours and yours alone
I'm here to tell ya honey, that I'm bad to the bone

goin to bed now to.. erm.. contemplate [Wink] mwah

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kick off your shoes and sit right down
Loosen up that frilly French gown
Let me pour you a good long drink
Oh baby don't you hesitate cause

Tonight's the night
It's gonna be all right

Sumbula
Member # 11110

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sumbula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
most muslims i know do not drink; but thats probably because i make muslim friends who are practicing.
Posts: 32 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
ayisha... im sorry... i really dont see where your coming from...

im asking a question... its an open question... i havnt already made my mind up... its not a loaded question...

so if you think this is putting muslims on trail... i seriously feel sorry for the amount of persecution you must have endured.

charm, sorry for confusing you, it wasnt meant that way, i just get a bit sick of people judging muslims.

as for persecution, i have suffered none but what i see on Egy boards

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana
Member # 11116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sumbula:
most muslims i know do not drink; but thats probably because i make muslim friends who are practicing.

whats that bit sis , I MAKE MUSLIM FRIENDS WHO ARE PARACTICING R USECRETLY MAKING THEM DRINK ,OR U MISSPELLED [Wink] ,as u see im a little tipseynot goos spelling ,never is any way
Posts: 354 | From: deputydawgland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG !!I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT HOW TO DO THAT ,what a nerd i am ,slap slap slap ,

GIZA aaaaaah dwink?
arabs are one of the biggest imports of alcohol

Posts: 354 | From: deputydawgland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband does not drink - he tried alcohol once when he was working on the Red Sea coast and felt so horrible/ashamed of himself the next day that I know he'll never touch a single drop again; he comes from a village in Kalubia and told me that his parents had never even seen an alcoholic drink in the whole of their lives and would be very upset if they knew that part of his job here in the UK now sometimes involves serving in a hotel bar.

Now he's here in England and alcohol is readily available, it hasn't made any difference. It's something he doesn't want to do, but he knows that the pub is a central part of life here and he's happy to socialize with our friends there, but just drink soft drinks all night. He's made his choice not to drink, but is happy for other people to make theirs too.

Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11116

Member Rated:
MINE TOO,
my son riaz wasa devout muslim and was very western with it ,but since our ma (grandma died)his first real close person for him to lose hes drinking alcolol every day ,and we are worried i wont tell him wat to do me and my husband came from mosque yesterday and was told he wa in the pub we passed and he saw us he came out and he had a bump or some dent on his forhead but said it was from work he went to a/e for check but we know he was drunk ,i cry alot but dont let other see it ,i got to much on my plate any way for him to see im upset he gets angry with me then ,i pray he will be his old self but i dont know hes lost wieght he sits at the cementry next to her grave she brought him up most of the years owing i was to ill and having a sick child too , i feel alot of guilt ,but i sit here and tears fall such a beautful boy but wasting [Frown] my hubby just looks to the ground when he sees him hes hurt for me .

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
inshaAllah your son will get through this and back on track soon chimps,

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
chimps, thats so sad. just be there for him, time is the best healer, but he needs to know that he hasnt burned any bridges with you as that will just add to his pain.

its common for people to turn to drink during times of sorrow... just try to stand by him, and let him deal with it his way for now... it wont last forever.

Member # 11116

Member Rated:
i really hope so i really do ,i recently found out hes dabbling in drugs when i confront him he snaps hard at me ,hes hit me onece or twice when ive confronted him ive turned not to let him see me cry my heart hurts hes my first born and i worry when the police or sum one comes knocking at my door he drives like a maniac too ,im so scared i will lose him honestly my tears fall now ,thanx all any way life ie hard but more pain sumwhere else isint there im still lucky than sum ,i hide alot of my pain but in the process im getting ill my self ,worry for girl other boy had bullying stabbed in feb in school and npw other son then i question allah but faith i shud have ..
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
hes 22ish if my memory serves... let him do it.. not the hitting part though, i dont know what to say about that as i have no experience from either side on that one... if id hit my mum she would have knocked me out!

hes young enough to make these mistakes and not ruin his life... except for the driving thing... but again, i dont know what to do about that.

when my son was going off the rails a bit (totally different as he was 8 years old at the time) i took him to the police station and they took us into the interview room and had a good talk to him. he was really sorry and very worried...

i wonder if you could ask the police to speak to him about his driving. he doesnt have to know its anything to do with you, and it might just scare him enough if he thinks theyre watching him, and he might loose his licence.

i do know of one other story about someone who was worried about her boyfriends driving and arranged for someone to walk out in front of him... it did work, but he swerved instead of breaking wrote his car off and could have killed himself so i wouldnt advise it.

Member # 11116

Member Rated:
hes already been stopped and pulled over but then it seemed to calm him down but since the death and this new job he wrks at halfords they r all english and love ther days down the pub i aint got aproblem there ive done it not drank but gone to pub withmy mates when was young ,hes just at the moent on the wrong path and easily led and omg the swearing is unbearble im always on hot stones i dont say much i not a person who is easily scared but i shouted at him last time and smacked him one his mouth was worse than hiting me ,i keep quiet now cus of the little one its upsets her and strains her she takes alot to heart ,any way its depressing isnt it lets think of summat crakers [Roll Eyes]
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
well good luck babe.
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
so... the opinion so far is...

it is thought that most muslims dont drink.

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
the first night on my trip to egypt, we got on this
river boat resteraunt, on the nile, in cairo..

and the boat was empty..except for 11 of us Americans...

welll, from what I read before the trip, if you don't want to get sick you better drink bottled water or beer....

seeing that I had my fill of water, I asked for a stella beer...I was told the inport stella had 1% alcohal, and the export steela had 5% alcohal...so I asked for a export steela...

then I knowticed all this muslim guys were stareing at me...like when I drank the beer I would turn into a werewolf..or something...

anyway 1 steela later, I was pondering haveing another...and when they asked me if I wanted another..you could hear a pin drop...

the tension in the room you could cut with a knife...well seeing I did'nt want to start jihad ww3 , I declined...and all the muslim dudes acted like I just finish the 12 step program..

so it was back to bottled water...

it felt like it was 1930 proabition America..

I could have drank a case of stella and drove the tourist bus all the way thru cairo back to giza...without a problem...

I have skills..they just did'nt know it...

[Smile]

--------------------

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
like what?.......
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
like I can handle my alcohal..

some people can, some people can't..

the trick with alcohal is to know your limit..

I think thats the problem muslims have with alcohal...you have to respect it...and know where your cut off point is..the more you drink, the higher tolorance you have for it..but you still have to ALLWAYS understand your limits..

its like anything..moderation is the key...

--------------------

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

then I knowticed all this muslim guys were stareing at me...like when I drank the beer I would turn into a werewolf..or something...

[Smile]

so the other americans were Muslim?? as the boat was empty apart from americans at first.

I dont beleive this story mike, there are tourists all over Egypt drinking beer, and non tourists too, no one would have batted an eyelid at an american drinking beer.

Luxorlife
Member # 9763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luxorlife   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what makes it more unbelievable is the strength of the beer. Local Stella (not imported) is not 1% but 4.5, Export about 5, and Special about 7.
Posts: 26 | From: Luxor | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:

[Smile]

so the other americans were Muslim?? as the boat was empty apart from americans at first.

I dont beleive this story mike, there are tourists all over Egypt drinking beer, and non tourists too, no one would have batted an eyelid at an american drinking beer.

no..the muslim were my tour guide, security guy, and the resteraut staff.
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My brain is cloudy and my eyes are sore,
I told myself I wouldn't drink no more,
A bad hangover's something I can't stand,
But here I am with a jug in my hand.
Whoo - whoo, trouble, trouble,
Worries on my mind,
Goin' down to the cellar,
Get some of that mellow wine.
I seem to ruin everything I touch,
People say it's cause I drink too much,
I tried to kick it but it ain't no use,
Guess I'm a slave to that mellow juice.
Worries on my mind,
Get some of that mellow wine, yea.
{Dave - Solo}
My brain is cloudy and my eyes are sore,
I told myself I wouldn't drink no more,
A bad hangover's something I can't stand,
But here I am with a jug in my hand.
Worries on my mind,
Get some of that mellow wine.
Oh take it way

multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most muslims dont drink. If a muslim attends the mousque regurly then most likly they dont drink at all. But if they dont attend the mousque at all then most likly they do drink. That should help u on your lil study.
Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reason why they dont drink, its forbidden a sin, and the prayer of muslim wont count for 40 days if they drink.
Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Really 40 days?So there is no reason for praying if they drink.
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
quote:
Really 40 days?So there is no reason for praying if they drink.

Well its not like if you drink, you have excuse not to pray. You will be punished for it, unless u repent and dont repeat such a sin. Well it goes deeper then that, you have to understand the whole essance of the prayer to understand the rest.
Marcella
Member # 10978

Sure,but if "muslim" drink,does it mean he's a bad muslim if he's still praying?On some occasions he's drinking alcohol.But he's still muslim.
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
quote:
Sure,but if "muslim" drink,does it mean he's a bad muslim if he's still praying?On some occasions he's drinking alcohol.But he's still muslim.

Well its like this, As muslim, believer of one god, and only one god, begotton not nor has he been begotton, is key thing inorder to enter heaven. Now the sins that a person commits throughout thier life, will put them in hell until they have been punished for the sins, if he repents from them on the other hand and does not go on to do them anymore, God most merciful might forgive him as he pleases. As jesus was preechin to the isrealites to repent for the sins, is what any muslim who aknowledges he is weak in faith should do. Muslims who drink are weak in faith.
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by multisphinx:
Reason why they dont drink, its forbidden a sin, and the prayer of muslim wont count for 40 days if they drink.

Well I heard this before but truly I think this is untrue or upon a false hadeeth, can u kindly get the hadeeth that tells so and its roots (sanad)
Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

quote:
quote:

Well its like this, As muslim, believer of one god, and only one god, begotton not nor has he been begotton, is key thing inorder to enter heaven. Now the sins that a person commits throughout thier life, will put them in hell until they have been punished for the sins, if he repents from them on the other hand and does not go on to do them anymore, God most merciful might forgive him as he pleases. As jesus was preechin to the isrealites to repent for the sins, is what any muslim who aknowledges he is weak in faith should do. Muslims who drink are weak in faith.
Somehow maybe,but he still believes in one God but he is drinking.Or have premarital sex or he is not praying,buthe is a muslim.And he knows he's doing wrong things.He is just enjoying life.
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

well it isn't that easy, indulgence leads to hell .. it just corrupt your faith .. people should know this . yeah god will forgive but what makes u think you believe in god when you are just indulging yourself I will just put a couple of verses of quran that shows my point
The Cow
80. And they say: "The Fire shall not touch us but for a few numbered days:" Say: "Have ye taken a promise from Allah, for He never breaks His promise? or is it that ye say of Allah what ye do not know?"

81. Nay, those who seek gain in evil, and are girt round by their sins,- they are companions of the Fire: Therein shall they abide (For ever).

82. But those who have faith and work righteousness, they are companions of the Garden: Therein shall they abide (For ever).

The Cave:

103. Say: "Shall we tell you of those who lose most in respect of their deeds?-

104. "Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life, while they thought that they were acquiring good by their works?"

105. They are those who deny the Signs of their Lord and the fact of their having to meet Him (in the Hereafter): vain will be their works, nor shall We, on the Day of Judgment, give them any weight.

106. That is their reward, Hell, because they rejected Faith, and took My Signs and My Messengers by way of jest.

107. As to those who believe and work righteous deeds, they have, for their entertainment, the Gardens of Paradise,

108. Wherein they shall dwell (for aye): no change will they wish for from them.

109. Say: "If the ocean were ink (wherewith to write out) the words of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted than would the words of my Lord, even if we added another ocean like it, for its aid."

110. Say: "I am but a man like yourselves, (but) the inspiration has come to me, that your Allah is one Allah. whoever expects to meet his Lord, let him work righteousness, and, in the worship of his Lord, admit no one as partner

I guess this also answer your question Marcella "this is Quran"

Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend materiale drinks a cold beer or 2 when we go to restaurants but he is 33 and has never been drunk in his life.......
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Somehow maybe,but he still believes in one God but he is drinking.Or have premarital sex or he is not praying,buthe is a muslim.And he knows he's doing wrong things.He is just enjoying life.
his faith is weak for that reason he does all those things.
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
My boyfriend materiale drinks a cold beer or 2 when we go to restaurants but he is 33 and has never been drunk in his life.......

Whats ur point?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com