EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » My poem, "I am a silenced woman"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My poem, "I am a silenced woman"
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Am a Silenced Woman

I am a silenced woman,
No one hears my cries in the Arab world,
My spirit is broken,
My freedom is not bought by a silver token.

I have been silenced by my family,
My voice is gone by the beatings
Of fathers, brothers, and husbands.
I don't feel the will to live
Because of the hardships of my life,
I feel like putting myself under the knife.

I live under tyranny;
My rights have been taken away,
And I feel I will never get my voice,
And in my lifetime rejoice.

I want to be heard,
And have people see that oppressing me is absurd.
I wait for the chance to have my voice heard,
And end this oppression.
And give Arab women some expression.

I am a woman,
And I should have my voice,
And my choice;
And the Taliban should not suppress it.

Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get it.

The Taliban aren't in the Arab World. [Confused]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snoozin, I am not an arab woman, but I was writing a poem about how I think that some of them might feel. I thought the taliban was part of what caused the problems for arab women. I just that Debt will not be happy about this poem. Maybe this poem will wake him up.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmss27fOjCA&mode=related&search=taliban%20women%20

got to be member to see this 1min hit

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand the need to be a voice for repressed or abused women, but why single out Arab women when it happens all over the planet?

What about the girls in Cameroon whose mothers iron their breasts to keep them small, so they don't face rape?

Or the women in India who are groped regularly in the streets, called Eve Teasing?

Or Japanese women on subways who get molested by white collar workers each morning on their way to work?

Women get treated like sshit everywhere. [Frown]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Snoozin, I know women get treated bad everywhere. I should not have said the arab women, then. I read an article about baby girls being aborted in India because they were not wanted. The ratio of boys to girls is lopsided because of this. I don't think the girls in Cameroon should have their breasts ironed to keep them small so they don't face rape. The women in India should not get groped in the streets. The japanese women should not get molested, either. I would love to stop all of this.
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where r u from CFW and snoozin ,ive seen the suffering in india and africa being its part of my so called heratige and yeah im reminded by the family,does ur head in and yeah its happening all over ,but when ur from that culture u feel it more ..and then women like us MOAN alot why the men hae not heped us in the daily routes of house old life ,or arnt we so lucky they r not????w/s
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com