EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » muslims in europe

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: muslims in europe
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Europe is fertile ground for Muslims to practice their faith, and they don't need lessons on modernity. "The point for me is not for the West to integrate Islam or for Islam to integrate the West. It's not integration, it's intersections."
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Islam is now the second-biggest religion in Europe, and several second- and third-generation Muslims are creating a new "flavor" of Islam -- one disconnected from the lands of their parents and grandparents, and more reflective of their adopted homelands.

Sylvia Poggioli visits the first Islamic university in Europe, and the Tawhid Cultural Center in the St. Denis banlieue of Paris where the faithful celebrate a very French version of Islam.

Poggioli wraps up her European exploration of Islam with a visit to the largest mosque in Europe -- in Rome, the very heart of traditional Christendom.

Can Islam reconcile itself to the freedom of speech and pluralism taken for granted in Europe? And can the tension between Islam and modernity be answered by a new generation of Muslims raised in the West?

what does all you think about this ,do you think with the current situations happening can islam bring herslef out of this and get it right ,with dimissing the radical part

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can be muslim in Europe but you won't be muslim in islamic Europe.
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
whys that marcella im intrigued to know ...
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think europe forgot it's roots

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maadi_maadi
Member # 11565

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maadi_maadi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Europe is liberal to much
Posts: 54 | From: Egypt, Cairo | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ispy
Member # 5871

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ispy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In germany the nacist march again [Wink]
Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maadi_maadi
Member # 11565

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maadi_maadi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is tradition, like vikings in norway
Posts: 54 | From: Egypt, Cairo | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
queensali
Member # 11168

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for queensali   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bismele Rahmen Arrahim,
Assalam Alaikum to Everyone ,
According to this topic, I would like to say my opinion. But in the begininng I would like to introduce myself. I`m Polish Muslim. I have converted to Islam last year ago!! I`m living in Poland still, but I need to tell you here its so hard to live alone. Any people who are converted to Islam , even in Poland or in Europe --- even if we are Muslims , we have european minds still.
When I was living in Egypt -- I have seen it in my eyes. There are living Christians behind Muslims, inteh same buildings. They are living in peace, even if they are different!! They are different only by religion , but our lifes, talk or work are the same.
So if all people in arabic countries can live beside themself , why European people can not do the same??????
So in my opinion --- If we start learn, correct and understand ourself in first --- in second we can try to integrate with others. Its really possible, but should come directly from our hearts!!!!
Salam , Salima
( Warsaw, date 05/09/2006 - 17:05)

Posts: 66 | From: Poland - Warsaw | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ya Ragal
Member # 11695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ya Ragal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's difficult to be a muslim woman living in Britian, the looks and snide remarks are sometimes unbearable, but you smile and get on with it. You have to have postitive mental attitude. What else is there to do?
Posts: 377 | From: أنا نسيت | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ya Ragal:
It's difficult to be a muslim woman living in Britian, the looks and snide remarks are sometimes unbearable, but you smile and get on with it. You have to have postitive mental attitude. What else is there to do?

come and live here in your element ,the ood crap you get no more than iget from my muslim brothers and sisters they make snide remarks at there own ,some wont even come near u if ur in full cover they are shamed to stand next to you and this is true so its not of finding it hard to be amuslim in my own country ..ie .england i love my country by the way ,but its hard to be amongs your own when ur casterised for being different to them ....i find im get beeter with non muslims than if my own faith they seem to want to listen and understand a bit more my cousins are always defencive and this pisses me off ,like muslims this and muslims that oh we dont have it good ,excuse me i think we have had it too easy here for far too long we have been spoilt ,er havemore rights than any other black in this country more tv presenters than any black whats the difference do you see a difference cus i dont ,,,
andi say itsnot blaming the islamic exstremist for preaching what they want to do blame the goverment fro allowing this to happen if we stood our ground to how the things and freedom of speech shud have been peresented we has muslims would proberly not be getting the stigma to what we getting now ..,in the end it LEARN TO RESPECT THEM THEY SHALL YOU ,GOES BOTH WAYS TO WHAT EVER CULTURE FAITH AND COLOUR YOU ARE ,,
i actually feel so sorry for our country ,we have totally messed the bollocks up on this one ...

Ya Ragal
Member # 11695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ya Ragal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been told to ************* back from where I come from, asked do you speak english? Do they have cars where you come from? and then there's the Dr who stated that they don't have pap smear screening where I come from!!!!!!!!!! Talk about ignorance I'm British for crying out where do I go now? Back to Egypt me thinks

And now this,

FAR-RIGHT extremists have adopted the tactics of Islamic jihadis by posting videos on the internet in which they threaten to behead British Muslims.

The films show balaclava-clad white British men brandishing guns, knives and clubs, calling on all Muslims to leave Britain or be killed. One appears to be a soldier who has served in the Gulf.
In one film, a man tells Muslims to "go home" or risk being burned alive. He threatens, "I'll cut your head off", and claims to have "comrades" across Britain who have "had enough".

The videos were made after the arrests three weeks ago of suspects connected to the alleged plot to blow up trans-Atlantic jets. Their style mimics the "martyrdom videos" of Islamic radicals.

The release of the videos on YouTube, a US-based open-access website, coincides with reports of a rise in the number of attacks on mosques.

Massoud Shadjareh, chairman of the Islamic Human Rights Commission, said the videoed threats were extremely worrying.

"There is no question there has been an increase in attacks on mosques and Muslims," he said at the weekend.

The videos, posted between August 11 and 19, depict three men, each wearing a black terrorist-style mask.

Would-be viewers of the clips, lasting two to three minutes, are told in a YouTube warning the videos "may contain content that is inappropriate for some users".

In one video, a man with a London accent says: "I wish to know what we are going to do to fight the so-called religion of peace known as Islam."

He lists incidents including the racially motivated murder of Ross Parker, a white teenager, on September 21, 2001. The alleged airline bomb plot is also mentioned, with the masked man claiming it has resulted in "no retaliation" against Muslims.

He says: "It may be because you fear prison. Well, wake up. I am calling on England, Ulster, Scotland and Wales to stand and defend the island that we love."

Another video, dated August 19, shows a balaclava-clad man with a Welsh accent telling Muslims to "go home" or be burned.

Brandishing a 30cm-long hunting knife with a serrated blade, he says: "We are going to rip the life out of you. I am going to tear your guts out. I'll cut your head off."

In a reference that may indicate a military background, he says the slaughter would remind him of being "back in the Gulf".

The Sunday Times

Posts: 377 | From: أنا نسيت | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
AND!!!
WE HAVE 13 MOSQUEs here and 3 MOTHER ONES and one shiah and one ishmali all have no problems ,it the muslims here we have problems with the british muslims ,u exsperieince it in a different way ,and u seem nothappy here where u suggest you wud be happy ,,,

Ya Ragal
Member # 11695

It's hard that's all, getting used to the ways here. Need to go back to Egypt quick need a room lol
Ya Ragal
Member # 11695

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcwEGK83Br4&NR
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
he mention ross parker i was on that case when he was murdered ,and to mention this first i beleiv he is in my city .....canot go intot detail but look him up it was the biggest racial aatack that took place here ,but im very suspicious of him and i wud not take this fucking jerk serious hes making cock ups ,,,
Ya Ragal
Member # 11695

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOWiCfkaMNE&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxgxPuUvtrE&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD0RyW7HIuY&mode=related&search=

Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think if a muslim can't live in his\her country to practice Islam in a safe & peaceful environment
s\he should immigrate to an "Islamic country" where it's safe enough to practice Islam
and even learn more being among his\her brothers and sisters
but one should be very aware of whom s\he deals with, as we are all humans (muslims or not) so good and bad you will meet
on the other hand the transition\immigration can be done more easily if it's for religious purpose
as to call an Islamic institute or center to help you out with this
i am sure every one will try to help even on the individual level regarding language\culture\religion\life-family...etc

Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
when ur even in an islamic country there ismore restricitions on ur faith than here in england ,not even a islamic state or country is safe any more for a practising muslim ..
Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cHiMpSs:
when ur even in an islamic country there ismore restricitions on ur faith than here in england ,not even a islamic state or country is safe any more for a practising muslim ..

i respect your opinion but i disagree with it
regardless that there is not even 1 true islamic country that applies full Quran and sunna
atleast it's safer for you to practice Islam and be more into it than other countries
you can speak the language of your religion
you can hear Azaan(calling for prayers) from the mosques
you can see more people practicing Islam that can help you with any questions you might have

many other thing , time is short to list them all now
but i think you got my point

good luck

Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
you can hear as well ,
if you do it right .

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muslims in Europe are not the same as Muslims in Middle East. The culture is totally different. For example many Muslims in Europe could never live in the Middle East, they find it too conservative for their taste, but are able to live happily in West ( thats why they live in where they live ).
Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been told to ************* back from where I come from, asked do you speak english? Do they have cars where you come from? and then there's the Dr who stated that they don't have pap smear screening where I come from!!!!!!!!!! Talk about ignorance I'm British for crying out where do I go now? Back to Egypt me thinks

Salam alikoum ya Ragal

I live in UK too where do you live in UK ?
What I found difficult for me being a Muslim is to have to justified myself at all the time because I'm European: " why did you convert to Islam ? is it because of your boy friend? or do you have some Arab origins? are your parents Muslim too? but where do you come from exactly? " because it is so strange for them to see a pure European who converted to Islam and is so annoying for me to have to justified myself at all the time, I have the impression that nobody understand me [Frown]

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
omg wht the friggen hell is going on in here all im see is MUSLIM IM HAVING A BD TIME AND MUSLIMS IM GETTING PEOPLE SWEARING AT ME ,OH IM SORRY FOR MY SLEF CUS IM AMUSLIM ,WELL WELL GET OFF UR HORSE OR GET INTO THE SADDLE AND STAND UP PROUD STOP THINKING WE ARE SUSPRESSED IN ANY WAY ,HERE WHERE I LIVE THEY HAVENT HAD IT SO GOOD MEANING THEY R FRIGGEN SPOILT CUS I.E THEY ARE MUSLIMS THEY GET TREAT L.O.V.E.R.L.E.Y....i dont take notice any more of igonerance ,i got treat better in england has amuslim than i did when i go to egypt or when i visit HOME AND FAMILY ,I GOET TREAT LIKE **** ,AND THATS CMONG FROM MUSLIMS THEM SELVES ...

do u know u cud fight this out all day aond one will be better than the other so its a not stop thread now ...BE A MUSLIM ..

*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got treat better in england has amuslim than i did when i go to egypt or when i visit HOME AND FAMILY ,I GOET TREAT LIKE **** ,AND THATS CMONG FROM MUSLIMS THEM SELVES ...

Sorry if you have been treated like a ...... do you feel trated better as a Muslim in UK than in Egypt? How come ? I mean I like to know the raison only if you don't mind

You know the thing is that I find difficult to adjust my culture to the religion. Also where I live is a very small city and I feel so isolated from other Muslim who live in the city, there is not any Mosque where I can go,and nobody whom I can talk with about Islam only some people who ask me why did I convert to islam.
Yes you are right by saying that is better to not notice ignorance anymore and that what I do,but if tomorrow I ask my boss if I can pray at work, she would probably say yes but then will make me feel very bad by chatting behind my back with others colleagues about that so I feel that if I was surronded by Muslim at work I would probably feel less isolated and feel that people would understand me better

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
salaams souri where are you please ,,
queensali
Member # 11168

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for queensali   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salam,
Just would like to tell u all of you -- Europe or different countries , than islamic lands -- its so hard to live there. I`m Muslim from Poland -- and really for me its so difficult to live here alone. When I have been in Egypt - I felt myself at all that its my future country -- I felt so free and savely there. But here not , and please let me know from all of you why life its so difficult in Europe?
Also when I have in Egypt , exactly in Port Said -- I have seen how people live , how Muslims and Christians live beside them , witthout any fight or missunderstanding. It was so great days for me , and at all I wasnt want come back to Poland.
But life is life and I just hope , I will return there and start live there , in Egypt . It smy wish and I hope it will come on real life ...soon..Inshallh
I wish you all the best in your lifes,
Salam Salima

Posts: 66 | From: Poland - Warsaw | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com