EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » ramadan mubarak to all ES members

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ramadan mubarak to all ES members
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the name of Allah, the most Merciful, the most Kind

A blessed month is casting its shadow upon us
A night of this month is better than a thousand months
Bear with patience for the sake of Ar-Rahman
It’s a continuous training to strengthen our Imaan.

Glory be to Allah who sent Ramadan as a mercy to mankind
Its a purification of our soul, our heart, and our mind
With the most sincere devotion and love we fast
To be cleansed and free from sins of the past

Glorified is He, who choseth this holy month,
To test our sabr and fill our hearts with warmth
Of his Divine Light, His blessings shall glow,
The Seer of the unseen, all He does know

Ya Allah! For thee, let my breath be more pleasant than musk
Ya Allah! For thee, let me be thankful when day turns to dusk
My thoughts and heart are purified, my eyes truly see…
This blessed month, the month of spiritual rhapsody!

Ya Allah! For thee, my life I shall live!
Ya Allah! For thee, my soul I shall give!
In the name of Allah, the most Merciful, the most Kind,
Praise be to Allah, who sent Ramadan as a gift to mankind

best wishes from the ABD ELGALIL FAMILY ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salam alikoum Chimps how are you?

Thank you very much this lovely thread,wish you a nice Ramadan you and your daughter.

Take care

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
رمضان كريم علي الجميع ، وهذا هو اول رمضان في بريطانيا وامل ان لا تكون صعبه جدا.
ولا توجد مشكله من اي خطا لا يتوقف

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Ramadan on all, and this is the first Ramadan in Britain and a hope that it do not be very difficult .
And there is no problem from any line he does not stop

------------------- '
i hope you too have a lovely ramadan too ,from chimps and the 2boys and the princess .w/s SOURI AND WOTEVER ..ALLAH HAFEEZ

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sadly it looks like Egypt is going to be behind most of the world in the start of Ramadan; we aren't officially starting until maghrib on Saturday [Frown]
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you too chimps

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Sadly it looks like Egypt is going to be behind most of the world in the start of Ramadan; we aren't officially starting until maghrib on Saturday [Frown]

help me here please. what day should I start fasting? please dont tell me its today!!
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalamu alaykum Ayisha!

The Mufti of Egypt, Ali Gomaa, announced that the crescent moon wasn't sighted in Egypt yesterday evening, so Egypt will not be starting the Ramadan today. Instead Sunday will be the first day that we have to get up for Suhur (the pre-dawn meal) before the Fajr prayer to start our first day of fasting.

However, as a lunar day, which we as Muslims follow, starts at Maghrib (sunset) on of the night preceding the coming day, not at midnight, the first day of Ramadan will start at Maghrib tonight (Saturday) and the first Taraweh prayers (the longer prayers held after Isha' during Ramadan) will be held tonight in Egypt.

This will cause the usual debates over Ramadan as some people are of the opinion that we should all start on the same day, taking either the first country that sees it as a sign for all of us to start fasting; others say we should follow Saudi Arabia as we do to so that the Hajj is performed by everyone at the same time; and others say that each community should go by its own sightings as they go by their own times for the prayers. So due to the different opinions within the Ummah, you may find people in the same place starting on different days according to which opinion they follow.

So may I say: Ramadan Kareem and kullu ‘aam wa antum bi khair to all Muslims, whenever you are starting your Ramadan fast. May we all benefit from it and it act as a booster to our faith for the coming year. [Smile]

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Just had another thought Ayisha, it will depend where you are and which opinion you follow as to when you start to fast, but those who say that you should fast along with the community you are living in say that, if during Ramadan you travel to another place that has a different timing to the one you started Ramadan with, you should follow the new community when you go there.

However as you are not allowed to fast less than 28 days, if due to your travelling it means that you will fast less than the number of required days during Ramadan you should make up the missed day afterwards (as you would for days missed due to menstruation) to complete your fasting; but if it means that you will fast more than the required 30 you should do so to be in keeping with the community you are with.

And Allah knows what is best.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the clarification newcomer. I will start tomorrow then InshaAllah!

Im in UK at the moment, with no Muslims in my community so im on my own (sob sob) But will be in Egypt next week inshaAllah, cant wait as its my first Ramadan I will be in Egypt for at least some of it [Big Grin]

Im not good at fasting though and have failed miserably the last 4 years and spent most of the time beating myself up for it (more sobs) If I fail I do do other good things, although thats no excuse, but im really hoping to do it this year [Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know, can I fast during pregnancy ?? [Confused]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

noooo i dont think you can [Eek!]

not if pregnant or sick or menstruating but if menstruating you make it up after.

if you are pregnant or sick you need the fluids and food to build you up so it can be more harmful to fast. I think that goes for breastfeeding too but im not sure, although it would follow the same logic.

newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

Assalamu alaykum Smuckers!

I would check round the internet and compare opinions, and then decide with the help of your doctor what is best for you.

Btw. congratulations [Big Grin]

queensali
Member # 11168

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for queensali   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bismelle Rahmen Arrahim,
Assalam Alaikum,

I would like to send wishes to all of you from Poland. So I wish happy, great, nice and specially quite time with all your family and friends during Ramadan.
Ramadan Kareem....

Salam, Salima

Posts: 66 | From: Poland - Warsaw | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nileodyssey
Member # 11073

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nileodyssey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to google and type in Ramadan Rules comes up with plenty of site. I did find one that states:
Fast is not obligatory for:(1) Old men and women,(2) Pregnant and nursing mothers and (3) A person who has a thirst disease. Hope this helps.

Posts: 63 | From: UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At what age is children expected to fast too????
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:

Happy Ramadan, no problem, there are I believe 11 arabic country with Egypt, I actually checked NASA website and it seems that the Egyptian timing is the right one, although I hope all arabs would have started in the same day
Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com