EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » mohamed (pbuh)owned slaves

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: mohamed (pbuh)owned slaves
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo was neither black nor African....

Mohammed Owned Black Slaves

Mohammed owned several black slaves. Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya relies heavily on the prophet’s biographies written by great ancient scholars. Therefore, he is regarded by Muslims as an authority, a primary source and a leader among the students of Islamic religion. This scholar tells us in his book, “Zad al-Ma’ad” (part 1, pp. 114-116), the following:

“These are the names of Muhammad’s male slaves: Yakan Abu Sharh, Aflah, ‘Ubayd, Dhakwan, Tahman, Mirwan, Hunayn, Sanad, Fadala Yamamin, Anjasha al-Hadi, Mad’am, Karkara, Abu Rafi’, Thawban, Ab Kabsha, Salih, Rabah, Yara Nubyan, Fadila, Waqid, Mabur, Abu Waqid, Kasam, Abu’ Ayb, Abu Muwayhiba, Zayd Ibn Haritha, and also a black slave called Mahran.”

Even in modern times, in Saudi Arabia the homeland of Islam, the common word for “Black” is “Abd” meaning slave.

my name is ABD EL GALIL SLAVE OR SERVANT OF GOD GALIL IS ONE OF MANY NAMES OF ALLAH ..

ANYMORE INFO ON THIS TANX

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aXXo
Member # 12042

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aXXo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalam Alaykom Abd El-Galil
i am muslim man and i know the biography of the Great Prophet Mohammad very well .. and believe me .. this is the first time in my life to hear that he owned slaves
look my friend ,,
it was natural in that time to own slaves and in each house (poor or rich) u can find slave or 2 .. and by the way Islam is the religion that make an end to slavery ..
Prophet Mohammad didnt own slave .. but rather .. servant .. and if u read the biography of the Prophet u will see how the Prophet treated his servants ..

--------------------
aXXo

Posts: 79 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ihavens said or said he was bad im a muslim i thought it was a good enough thread to post just to see what the reaction would be and the out come nothing more ok ........salaams ,i love my prophet and allah ,nothing less ok ....
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aXXo,

I must challenge something that you said. You said, "Islam is the religion that make an end to slavery "........

aXXo, sorry to bust your bubble, but that is not true at all. The last people in the world to stop slavery were Muslims...........Check the history of Zanibar, the island off the coast of Tanzania..............Read your history. I know that it is ugly, but read and you'll find what is true about slavery in the Islamic world......

I will say this however: MyNameNoMore,

In Islamic history, the majority of slaves were of Turkish origin..............Got that piece of information from Sherman Jackson, a Black American Islamic scholar at the University of Michigan....... Also, Muhammad's father was BLACK! Yes, you heard me! According to Al-Jahiz, the ninth century Islamic philosopher and scholar, the grandfather of Muhammad fathered ten lords, Black as night......Hence, he was talking about the father of Muhammad, and he was also talking about the father of Ali, etc. Hence, slavery wasn't based on color or something like that. But, no doubt that there was racism in the Islamic world. No doubt about it. Salaam

Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slavery hasn't ended, period.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Left.Side.Lying.State.Of.Mind.

Right to the point

Israel,
full of crap .. Mohamed father wasn't black and islam never promoted slavery and slaves wasn't to be happier at the time with any rules but what islam gives them. A truth that is much brighter than the sun, islam never discrminate even between the slaves in any ritual, slaves never had a slaves mosique.
The islamic world is the best world that was ready to accept slavery freeing, and as Left.Side.Lying.State.Of.Mind. have said salavery hasn't ended "."

Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
WELL I WILL SAY THIS FOR SHAWPROHET MOHAMMEDS (PBUH)DAD HE WASNT WHITE NIETHER HE WAS MORE DARKER THAN ME MY HUSBAND......MY HUSBAND. IS THE COLOUR OF A SOME BLACKS BUT HE ISNT BLACK HE HAS THE HAIR OF A BLACK BUT HES NOT BLACK ,BUT A BLACK OF THE SAME COLUR OF HIS AND SAME TEXTURE HAIR IS KNOWN TO BE BLACK SO WHAT WUD YOU CALL MY HUSBAND THEN ,,,,,FORGET ARAB SOME LOOK THE SAME ARAB AND BLACKS ALL THE TEXTURES OF A BLACK NOT FEATURS ON FACE BUT NOT BLACK ,UHM CARE TO ANSWER FOR ME PLEASE.....
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Screw you bibo1978. Your simply pissed off cause I told you the truth. REFUTE MY EVIDENCE CHUMP! REFUTE IT! I'm speaking specifically about Muhammad's father being Black. I told you about Al-Jahiz, ninth century scholar of Islam in what is now called Iraq. He wrote a book called, "The Superiority of the Glory of the Black race over the white.........". He wrote that book DURING THE HIGH TIMES OF THE POLITICAL POWER OF ISLAM................ Here is a quick summary of his statement about Muhammad's grandfather:

"Al-Jahiz wrote of great African men such as Bilal, whom he says Muhammad claimed was worth one-third of Islam. He also wrote about the wise stories of Lokman, whom many present scholars of history believe Aesop's fables are based or copied from. He also wrote of Muhammad's grandfather Mutalib, who "fathered ten sons, all black as night". Al-Jahiz also discussed the strength and bravery of Blacks, their intellectual capacity and how Black monarchs ruled with just hearts and fairness.

You can find this at:
www.globalblacknews.com/Al-Jahiz.html

So, one of the greatest philosophers in the history of Islam claimed that Muhammad's father was Black...................Can you refute this? And I didn't say, MyNameNoMore, that Muhammad himself was Black-skinned, all I said was that Muhammad's father was Black. According to Al-Jahiz, that is a fact. Refute his evidence, bibo1978, if you can!

BTW, did you say slaves were happier?! Dude, that statement is outrageous [Eek!] [Confused] [Mad] ! You get yourself enslaved and then tell you that YOU'LL BE HAPPY! Dude.............honestly, you better watch how you talk and don't make stupid, assinine statements like that. Slaves happy under Islam.......are you FREAKING kidding me!? What slave wouldn't want to be free? Idiot. You go to Maurtania be captured as a slave, lose contact with everybody you ever knew, be treated like s--t cause of your social status, etc., and then tell me that slaves in the Islamic world are happy [Mad] ! Salaam

Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com