EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Niqab 'not an Islamic duty' (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Niqab 'not an Islamic duty'
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
batman there's a debate amongst women regarding this issue. Some women say it's sunnah to wear niqab, some say it's extra, some say it only applied to the early muslim women and not women today, Again interpretation and own free choice.

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this site which argues both issues the hijab and niqab it's neutral and lets you draw your own conclusions.

http://www.muhajabah.com/niqabdalils.htm

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Batman, sticking labels on members:
excuseme Dalia, i dont buy this. i cant refus3e what the two verse say and buy this faulty fatwa

You don't have to "buy" anything, this is a discussion, meaning people are exchanging different viewpoints. Screaming others down and insulting them when you disagree won't benefit anyone.

If you disagree with this text or parts of it, then why don't you explain why? And maybe you can tell us why the other interpretation makes more sense to you.

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Narrated Safiya bint Shaiba: 'Aisha used to say: "When (the Verse): "They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms," was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces."[5] Sahih Bukhari Book 6 Vol 60 Hadith 282, Sunnan Abu Dawud 32:4091

this is the correcr interpretation of the earier verse... we take our interpretation from sunna directly..

so why do we bother to read Quran (words of GOD) when we could just stick to hadith?

ok dont answer that, many muslims seem to do that anyway [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yana
Member # 11508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is really not so correct to be sure of the ENGLISh translation of the Quran....

it says cover all, except face and hands....

are u sure that the sites u are using for such info are not shi3a for example ? or authenticated ?

and finally, u can wear both and niqab and just hijab with proper clothing... it is all ur personal affair...

salam

Posts: 311 | From: Armenia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally feel that covering the face with a veil is overdoing it. My personal opinion is that if a woman is not naked and modestly dressed and does not reveal too much, that that is not wrong. I think if anything, that the headcovering is a religious duty for only the muslim woman.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:
excuseme Dalia, i dont buy this. i cant refus3e what the two verse say and buy this faulty fatwa

You don't have to "buy" anything, this is a discussion, meaning people are exchanging different viewpoints. Screaming others down and insulting them when you disagree won't benefit anyone.

If you disagree with this text or parts of it, then why don't you explain why? And maybe you can tell us why the other interpretation makes more sense to you.

do i insult u and screaam to u? [Confused]

i refutes the fatwa with that hadith of Ayisha

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
huh?

again, huh? [Confused]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not you, i mean My mother Aisha, the prophet's wife. that hadith

Narrated Safiya bint Shaiba: 'Aisha used to say: "When (the Verse): "They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms," was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces."[5] Sahih Bukhari Book 6 Vol 60 Hadith 282, Sunnan Abu Dawud 32:4091

this is the correcr interpretation of the earier verse... we take our interpretation from sunna directly..

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
INTERPRETING QURAN IS BY QURAN AND HADITH

WE WONT UNDERSTAND QURAN BETTER THAN SETTNA AISHA HOLIVED WITH UR PROPHET

TO UNDERSTAND qURAN BETTER, WE NEED TO SEARCH HADITH EXPLAING THE TEXT

iBN KATHER INERPRETING QURAN AND HE REFER TO HADITH INTERPRETING QURAN

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:

quote:

do i insult u and screaam to u? [Confused]

i refutes the fatwa with that hadith of Ayisha

Ermm ... you don't mean this to be a serious answer, no? If you say a text is faulty, you have to explain why you think it's faulty. What you have offered is not an explanation or an argument.
Btw, this text is NOT a fatwa by any means. So I assume you either have not even read it properly or you're not familiar with the meaning of the word fatwa.
[Confused]

And you still have not explained why the interpretation posted earlier makes more sense to you personally.

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com