EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » The religion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The religion
Ahmedo
Member # 12713

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmedo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it important for you? DO you care for a religion?
Posts: 94 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Organized) religion is the way I can share my faith (personal believes and experiences around my/our origin and destinity and the way we live in between) with others. It needs to be organized in some way or we can't share. But it can also be to organized for me to have something left to share and lots to hate.
Therefore I like a church that is tolerant to different types of believers. Some central statements to be agreed upon and some others to fullfill by choice. There can be progress in your spiritual life by learning from others insights like this and I don't have to 'take it or leave it'.

My tradition is Christian but born in some other part of the world I can see myself Hindu or whatever. I am not sure I can be a Muslim with all the haram/halal and salafi's going around. It blurrs my vision to more broader and enlightning horizons.

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed online:
Is it important for you? DO you care for a religion?

Nope. What I care about is every person's right to peacefully practice or reject religion.
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmedo
Member # 12713

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmedo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I am not sure I can be a Muslim with all the haram/halal and salafi's going around.

don't you have Halal/Haram in Christianity?

quote:

Nope

do you have a religion saywhatyousee?
Posts: 94 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Halal/Haram

All Christians have the ten commandments, the do and don't's of our religion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments#Text_of_the_Ten_Commandments

And most Christians have in general the same ideas of what is been said here.
Some can see where Jesus is showing us that people and love are more important then even some interpretation of some of the commandments but others derive halal/haram splitting dogma's from reading the same text.

Then we have the rest of the bible and that is where all the hairsplitting is coming in.
Where we somewhere in WW2 had the schisma over the matter whether the snake in paradise did or did not in fact could speak out loud. As if people did not have other business to attend in those days!:-)

Especially protestants do have a sense for personal accountability and believe their conscience in some way is reflecting what God wants with our life. Coming from the reformation that will mean that they will go against churchruling when their own conscience tells them to act otherwise.

In other words we are not 'controlled' by the church but by our own definitions of our relationship with God.

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed online:
quote:

I am not sure I can be a Muslim with all the haram/halal and salafi's going around.

don't you have Halal/Haram in Christianity?

quote:

Nope

do you have a religion saywhatyousee?

I see insane people. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
I care for the Coptic Orthodox church. A church rich in traditions. You can even find Jewish and old Egyptian rituals and meaning. It has the academic and profound teachings in sermons, the education of religious life by the stories of the martyrs and saints. A living relationship with Jesus. The glorification of God the one that made this all possible and to whom we will return eventually. Holy and festive religious festivities. Sharing with other orthodox churches and denominations. Communitybuilding and caring. Mixed couples!:-) Do I need to go on here?:-)
Mirta
Member # 12422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i do care a lot.all my life is based on my religion.i am a muslim.am happy.
Posts: 65 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com