EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Discussion with a Christian: The Oneness of God is the message of Jesus

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Discussion with a Christian: The Oneness of God is the message of Jesus
islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for islamway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Discussion with a Christian: The Oneness of God is the message of Jesus and all the Prophets, peace be upon them

Question:
Why do you shun the truth and say that Jesus is only a Messenger instead of regarding him as the son of God? Jesus is the only son of the Lord and that is the truth!!.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to communicate and discuss the truth which we all need to know and follow, no matter what our previous differences of opinion and beliefs. It is only by means of this, I mean by knowing the truth and following it, that we can free ourselves of our sins, as it says in your Bible:

“Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free”

John 8:31 – New International Version (NIV)

So let us pause for a while and think about this truth, as it is stated in your Bible despite all the distortions and changes that have happened to it!

The message that was brought by the Messiah (peace be upon him) was the call to worship God, the One, the Lord of the Messiah and the Lord of the worlds:

“Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent”

John 17:3 – NIV

“A certain ruler asked him: ‘Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?’

‘Why do you call me good?’ Jesus answered. ‘No one is good – except God alone.’”

Luke 18:18-19 – NIV

“The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world.

And he said to him, ‘I will give you all their authority and splendour, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to.

So if you worship me, it will all be yours.’

Jesus answered, ‘It is written: “Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.”’”

Luke 4:5-8 – NIV

Believing in and worshipping Allaah alone, besides Whom there is no other god, is the greatest teaching brought by the Messiah, and it is the greatest teaching brought by all the Prophets.

“One of the teachers of the law came and noticed them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, ‘Of all the commandments, which is the most important?’

‘The most important one,’ answered Jesus, ‘is this: “Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.”

The second is this: “Love your neighbour as yourself.” There is no commandment greater than these.’

‘Well said, teacher,’ the man replied. ‘You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him.

To love him with all your heart, with you all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbour as yourself is more important that all burnt offerings and sacrifices.’

When Jesus saw that he has answered wisely, he said to him, ‘You are not far from the kingdom of God.’ And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.”

Mark 12:28-34 – NIV

But do not think that this advice was given to Israel or to his own people only. Rather this is the basis of the teachings of all the Prophets. The same advice appears in the Gospel of Matthew, in similar wording, after which he says:

“All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Matthew 22:39 – NIV

This belief in the oneness of God is indeed the message of all of the Prophets. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We did not send any Messenger before you (O Muhammad) but We revealed to him (saying): Laa ilaaha illa Ana [none has the right to be worshipped but I (Allaah)], so worship Me (Alone and none else)”

[al-Anbiya’ 21:25]

This is the basic message to which the Messiah called people and warned them against differing from that. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Surely, they have disbelieved who say: ‘Allaah is the Messiah [‘Eesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary).’ But the Messiah [‘Eesa (Jesus)] said: ‘O Children of Israel! Worship Allaah, my Lord and your Lord.’ Verily, whosoever sets up partners (in worship) with Allaah, then Allaah has forbidden Paradise to him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers) there are no helpers”

[al-Maa'idah 5:72]

This is the basic principle on which we should all agree. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allaah (Alone), and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allaah.’ Then, if they turn away, say: ‘Bear witness that we are Muslims’”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:64]

It is alien to true Christianity, this futile attempt to reconcile the belief in the Oneness of God, which is the message brought by the Prophets, and which is clearly stated in their Bible, and affirmed in the Torah in particular, with their belief in the trinity.

It says in the American Encyclopedia:

The belief in the Oneness of God – as a theological movement – began at a very early stage in history, and in fact it preceded the belief in trinity by many decades. Christianity developed from Judaism, and Judaism firmly believes that there is one God.

The path that led from Jerusalem (the home of the first disciples of Christ) to Nicea (where it was decided in 325 CE that Christ was equal to God in essence and eternal nature) can hardly be described as a straight path.

The doctrine of trinity which was affirmed in the fourth century CE bears no resemblance to the original teachings of Christ concerning the nature of God. Au contraire, it is the opposite, a deviation from that teaching. Hence it developed in opposition to the belief in One God… (27/294).

You can refer to the views of some of those Christians who still believe in the Oneness of God in the same American Encyclopedia, 27/300-301

It is difficult to comprehend, so no wonder you were never able to comprehend it. But what is strange is that you believe in something that it is impossible to understand, unless we deceive ourselves and say that this understanding will come on the Last Day:

“We understand that as much as our minds are able to, and we hope that we will understand it more clearly in the future, when the veil is removed from all things in heaven and on earth. But for now, the extent to which we do understand it is enough!”

Yes, the truth will become perfectly clear to you in the future, as it is clear to us today, praise be to Allaah, on the Day on which Allaah will gather the Messengers and make them bear witness concerning their nations. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) when Allaah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): ‘O ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allaah?’ He will say: ‘Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner‑self though I do not know what is in Yours; truly, You, only You, are the All‑Knower of all that is hidden (and unseen).

117. ‘Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allaah) did command me to say: Worship Allaah, my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them; and You are a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world).

118. ‘If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily, You, only You, are the All‑Mighty, the All‑Wise.’

119. Allaah will say: This is a Day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise) — they shall abide therein forever. Allaah is pleased with them and they with Him. That is the great success (Paradise).

120. To Allaah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is therein, and He is Able to do all things”

[al-Maa’idah 5:116-120].

Islam Q&A

Posts: 1007 | From: http://www.sultan.org | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Try2CLight
Member # 11738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Try2CLight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what about Jesus's statments on his equality with God would you read and explain for the brainless Christians.

JESUS said:

John 6:51:"I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever;"

John 8:23: And He said to them, "You are from beneath; I AM from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

John 8:12: Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I AM the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

John 10:9: "I AM the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture."

John 10:11: "I AM the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

John 10:36: "do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?

John 11:25: Jesus said to her, "I AM the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.

John 14:6: Jesus said to him, "I AM the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 15:1: "I AM the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.

John 19:2: Therefore the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, "Do not write, 'The King of the Jews,' but, 'He said, "I am the King of the Jews."'"

Remember this too
Jesus’said in his trial "I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven." Matt 26:64

Posts: 903 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he said all those things and not ONCE did he say he was GOD and in your last line he says SON OF MAN.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Try2CLight
Member # 11738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Try2CLight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suppose someone came up to you and said
"I am God, worship me."

Would you believe him? Would you worship him?

Immediately you will say he is a liar.so how you was expecting from Jesus who said "You are from beneath; I AM from above" didn't know this natural reaction of human?
you will find that :
Jesus talks like he is God,
Jesus acts like he is God,
Jesus gives evidence for claiming this authority rightfully by performing miraculous signs.

Son of human/Man refering to the prophecy of Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel(means GOD with us)"

Do you have any explaintion other than Quran about who is Jesus?

Posts: 903 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Jesus talks like he is God,
Jesus acts like he is God,"

does he eat like he is God?
does he sleep like he is God?
does your God eat, sleep, drink, go to the bathroom, DIE?

Sorry but you insult God. Because you cannot comprehend God you make Him a man.

Didn't Moses also have a few 'miracles' up his sleeve?? A miracle does not make one a God.

Out of all the Biblical referrences to 'sons of God' you choose one that NEVER had that referrence anywhere in the Bible, there were MANY others though.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How he implied he was God:

The Jews therefore said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple. (John 8:57-59)

"I and the Father are one." The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God." (John 10:30-33)

And so when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments, and reclined at the table again, He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you? You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for I am. If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet." (John 13:12-14)

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him." Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how do you say, 'Show us the Father'?" (John 14:6-9)

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Try2CLight
Member # 11738

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
"Jesus talks like he is God,
Jesus acts like he is God,"

does he eat like he is God?
does he sleep like he is God?
does your God eat, sleep, drink, go to the bathroom, DIE?

Didn't Moses also have a few 'miracles' up his sleeve?? A miracle does not make one a God.

Out of all the Biblical referrences to 'sons of God' you choose one that NEVER had that referrence anywhere in the Bible, there were MANY others though.

Do you think you discovered something hidden Aiysha,Jesus had two natures human as son of human(eat,drink..etc) and divinity as son of God (create,heal,rise dead,forgive sins,accept prostrate).
Moses miracles can't compare by anyway to Jesus and you know that.

I am n't insulting God by that way unlike I believe God created human on his image and created the world for him,so the human is great thing and in Quran verse 2:26 it says"[26] Allah disdains not to use the similitude of things, lowest as well as highest".

God talked to Moses through a tree and the tree is solid thing why you are wondering from God's ability to talk through a human....

Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Christ" is the New Testament word for the Messiah, the anointed ruler of God's people as predicted in the Old Testament. "Son of God" refers to Jesus' special relationship to the Father - a unique position no one else has - the only begotten Son (John 3:16).

Matthew 16:13-18 - Peter confessed Jesus to be the Christ, the Son of the Living God. Jesus said that the Father Himself had revealed this to Peter, but He rejected as inadequate the claims that He was just a prophet. [John 6:69]

John 4:25,26 - Jesus acknowledged to the Samaritan woman that He was the Messiah (Christ).

John 9:35-37 - He told a blind man He had healed that He was the Son of God.

Matthew 26:63-66 - During His trial in the presence of His enemies, Jesus acknowledged that He was the Christ, the Son of God.

In addition, He allowed various other disciples to make such claims for Him (John 11:27; Matt. 14:33; John 1:29,34,49).

Did any other true prophet ever make such claims? Did God ever give approval to any other man to make such claims? John the Baptist expressly denied such claims for himself (John 1:19-22; 3:28).

What kind of man would Jesus be to make and allow such claims, if they were not true? Yet He not only allowed others to make such claims for Him, He praised them for making them, He made them Himself, and the eyewitnesses say that God the Father audibly made such claims for Him.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Try2CLight
Member # 11738

Undercover,Muslims relaxing themselves and consider Bible is corrupted.
How is that don't ask. [Smile]

Undercover
Member # 12979

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:

Christians can use Jesus’ resurrection as proof of Jesus' claims. In Acts 17, Paul says that God "has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising [Jesus] from the dead." Putting this argument into logical form, we arrive at the following:

Premise One: If Jesus rose from the dead, then his message was from God.
Premise Two: Jesus rose from the dead.
Conclusion: Therefore, his message was from God.

Whereas Muhammad argued that remarkable literary style is proof of divine inspiration, Jesus and Paul maintained that resurrection is proof of divine inspiration. The truth of the first premise of the Christian argument seems self-evident. One may object by pointing out that Jesus raised people from the dead, and that we don’t conclude that these people had messages from God. But this misses the point. Unlike the other people who were raised from death, Jesus made some extraordinary claims about himself, some of which are even granted by Muslims. Jesus also predicted that he would rise from the dead as proof of his claims, and his prediction came true. So the question for us is: "Would God raise a heretic from the dead?" I think Muslims and Christians would agree that he would not. Thus, if Jesus’ claims weren’t heresy, what were they? They must have been true. The first premise, then, makes sense in light of what we know about God.

"He said to them, ‘This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.’ Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. He told them, ‘This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.’" Luke 24:44-47

web page

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com