EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » your hijab doesn't make any sense, does it ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: your hijab doesn't make any sense, does it ?
Goats are getting mad too
Member # 13243

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Goats are getting mad too     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEA , it is the biggest paradox i have ever seen , to watch a girl wearing her hijab as if she is a preacher , and then you figure out she's wearing the sexiest tightest pants on her ass !!! or wearing a short skirt exposing some skin !!!

what the hell??

i have only two questions ?? why are you wearing hijab?

if you are wearing hijab for Allah's sake , then you must be an idiot !

if you are wearing hijab for obeying what your father asks you to do, then HE must be an idiot !!

if you are wearing hijab cuz it's fashion , style ..you look good on it .. or whatever, then ok bitch , go for it ! but please remember that you are making non muslims laugh at us (muslims) and think that islam prohibits showing the hair but allows showing the ass ! just because of what a bitch like you and so many others do !

please think , and if you want to wear hijab , go for it , but show some respect .

cheers

Posts: 41 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for islamway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.jannah.org/sisters/hijab_protect.html
http://www.sultan.org/audio/hijab.ram

Posts: 1007 | From: http://www.sultan.org | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 13243

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goats are getting mad too     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh i forgot to say i had just copied it from a blog post i liked..
cheers

Posts: 41 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look, enjoy (that a**) and don't ask questions, goats! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Goats are getting mad too:
cheers

That makes you a thief, let alone an idiot.
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 13243

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goats are getting mad too     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Look, enjoy (that a**) and don't ask questions, goats! [Big Grin]

no, i'd prefer looking at unveiled women [Razz]
Member # 13243

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
quote:
cheers

That makes you a thief, let alone an idiot.
did my post offend you ?
are you that bitch ? are you her father?

homing pigeon
Member # 8039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for homing pigeon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a problem with name calling and I'm willing to take the side of the bitch and her father. If she isnt doing the right thing, that's no way to tell her!

--------------------
Noha

Posts: 670 | From: alex living in leeds, UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 13243

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by homing pigeon:
I have a problem with name calling and I'm willing to take the side of the bitch and her father. If she isnt doing the right thing, that's no way to tell her!

ok , you are right , it is not the best way to tell her , but this is not enough to make you take the bitch and her father's side , is it , plus i (or the writer) don't preach , he was being sarcastic and just wanted to deliver a message using his own way, moreover , he is not talking to somebody in particular , so no harm done .
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"if you are wearing hijab cuz it's fashion , style ..you look good on it .. or whatever, then ok Bitch , go for it ! but please remember that you are making non muslims laugh at us (muslims) and think that islam prohibits showing the hair but allows showing the ass ! just because of what a bitch like you and so many others do !"

so this guy is calling muslim women bitches because they wear hijab and he doesn't agree with how or why they wear it...and he says people will laugh at THEM because of how they behave????

I'm sorry but i would laugh at the man who calls women muslims 'bitches' and in the same breath calls himself a muslim??!!

And to post something like this is very disrespectful and short sighted, to generalise doesnt have to be aimed at ONE person to be offensive GOAT, you are just offending EVERYONE in hijab instead...

well done, glad you spend your time wisely [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 13243

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by caterpillar:
"if you are wearing hijab cuz it's fashion , style ..you look good on it .. or whatever, then ok Bitch , go for it ! but please remember that you are making non muslims laugh at us (muslims) and think that islam prohibits showing the hair but allows showing the ass ! just because of what a bitch like you and so many others do !"

so this guy is calling muslim women bitches because they wear hijab and he doesn't agree with how or why they wear it...and he says people will laugh at THEM because of how they behave????

I'm sorry but i would laugh at the man who calls women muslims 'bitches' and in the same breath calls himself a muslim??!!

And to post something like this is very disrespectful and short sighted, to generalise doesnt have to be aimed at ONE person to be offensive GOAT, you are just offending EVERYONE in hijab instead...

well done, glad you spend your time wisely [Roll Eyes]

Hello ,
i noticed that you guys took us far away from the point on which the topic should go , this is so strange , and you are flaming me as if i have insulted one of you which is not true.

maybe that post needs to be explained by my end , well , hijab is not meant to be the covering of women's hair , hijab is much more than this , hijab also has to be accompanied by other actions by the muslim women , in order to be a real islamic hijab . so basically if a muslim woman does just as the blogger's post pointed out , the hijab really will lack its value in islam , and will become so pointless .
the real problem is when some non muslim sees that click he may think islam just prohibits showing hair , no matter the woman looks conservative or not , that is so idiotaic and i would never trust in such religion if it happened to me .
he did not call muslim women bitches , he called the muslim women who act like bitches , while wearing hijab , bitches . and they are worse than unveiled bitches !

he also did not mean a prostitute by the word bitch .
yes he is a muslim , and the women he is talking about are muslims too.
thank you !

mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goats, some people are just trying to find their way. Better that they try than to just throw away all spirituality, right? Especially young people, teenagers and young adults.... they don't often realize what they are doing, so give them a break.
Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 13243

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by mi feng:
Goats, some people are just trying to find their way. Better that they try than to just throw away all spirituality, right? Especially young people, teenagers and young adults.... they don't often realize what they are doing, so give them a break.

Hello there ,
the same old question , to kill and rob ? or just to kill ? well i prefer the former thats if i have to kill somebody, then i will kill and rob them . no harm would be done after killing , same way , if the girl has to show skin , or..etc then it's better if she saves people the confusion - mentioned above- and take off the veil.. it is a matter of opinion after all ..
but you are right , some of them are not wise enough and still young , but unfortunately there are many mature women do the same .
cheers

Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The trend is to wear the tightest low rise jeans with ultra tight little lingerie style tops on top of nylon ultra tight poloneck tops.
Everything about the style is screaming look at me.
On top of that they wear the brightest, spangliest hijabs and a face with 4 coats of make up.
They talk in high pitch voices attracting as much attention as possible and anyone who dares glances at them they lower their heavily made up lashes and prance off like some sort of royalty.

Hijab on these women, young, old, teenagers, mothers, grandmothers, is a joke to non moslems!

Both hypocritical and stupid.
[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soma
Member # 12876

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay here it's the facts , hijab is not something just in islam but it's in all religions jewish and christ too , so if anyone see any ancient story talk about that it's something allways the women wear since eve her self , if you don't believe me search at wekpida and see if i the truth or not , so why you chalange the god in his law , the god say that so we do that , he say hijab we wear it , he said no wine so no wine and on and on , so don't chalange the god cos when you come between his hand , you 'll said that : i wish i was mud !!
Posts: 88 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aside from the curse-word comments I agree with what the man said (and even got a chuckle out of it). I agree also that everyone doesn't grow up and become an immediate believer and someone said above often people are in 'transition' or doing their best at that moment with what they believe.

I see women like described above everyday and to me personally it's not really offensive, I can't take offense to everything everyone does all of my life, I have to be like a horse with blinders on my eyes and run my own race (so to speak).

I notice the women in Egypt who do this are trying to get attention to get husbands, once they marry the makeup comes off, the tight clothes, the sparkly attire (what is it with these women and sequins? gag)...and they adopt a much more conservative wardrobe. I don't really know what that means, do they do it for the husband? Do they do it because there's no need in trying to catch fish anymore? Do they do it because they find more faith? I just don't know, but once again, that's their race to run and not my own. Before I converted I was much more flaunting than most women I see here so who am I talk, right?

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try getting a dress here without sequins!!

Hey Goat,you behave and stop winding folk up..lol.

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by satanmademedoit:
Try getting a dress here without sequins!!

Hey Goat,you behave and stop winding folk up..lol.

Lol, for real, right? [Smile]
I found the cutest dress here once, except it had this strange flowery sequin patch above the chest (weird), I bought it and took it home and took this sequin patch off immediately now the dress is perfect. It really tacky'd up the dress so much, I couldn't have worn it like it was and kept a straight face. [Big Grin]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fusion Muslim Chic Hits Europe's Streets
By Alexandra Steigrad
Reuters

PARIS/ROTTERDAM - Clad in skinny jeans, wrap dresses and carefully sculpted headscarves, a generation of young Muslim women is making its mark on Europe's urban street culture, and influencing mainstream fashion.

The daughters of migrants to Europe from Turkey or the Maghreb, these girls say they are as conscious of style as of Islamic dress codes -- and want to fuse contemporary chic with elements of their religious and ethnic background.

"H&M and all the French stores have taken our fashion," said Mahika, a 24-year-old from Paris. She sees Muslim influences in the current trend of wearing dresses over jeans, and layering sweaters and tops.

Shopping for clothes has become simpler, she said: young Muslim women are now able to dress entirely from mainstream outlets if they choose.

Many of her peers agree, although a Hennes & Mauritz spokeswoman said Muslim fashion has not specifically inspired their collections.

"I find it very easy to dress. You find all kinds of things in town. It is about combinations and it has got easier since you see the influence of our fashion in general fashion," said 20-year-old Bushra Sayed, a student from Rotterdam.

"I am a Muslim but I am also a person who is interested in fashion and I want to combine all these things," she adds.

Bushra wears a dark brown scarf wrapped tightly around her head and neck, a dark blue shirt, a figure-hugging grey tweed waistcoat and matching knee-length skirt over jeans.

Bushra's look is a world away from the black voluminous robes and long scarves worn by more traditional Muslim women, which completely hide the contours of the body.

"For me it is important to cover my body, except the hands, feet and face. And within that I can wear whatever I want, but it should not be too tight and short," she said.

"My mother, friends, and relatives are very enthusiastic and I did not have to fight at all for my own style."

MUSLIM GLOSSY

Bushra is among five women to put together MSLM, a new glossy fashion magazine in Dutch, French and English, aimed at style-conscious young Muslims offering tips, for example on new ways of covering the hair -- with baseball caps, hoods or chunky knitted scarves.

The title of the English, Dutch and French language magazine -- which the women call a "zero issue" or one-off for now -- is a play on the Dutch word for female Muslim, Moslima, and the clothing sizes medium-small-large-medium.

"An increasing group of young women is exploring the boundaries of being veiled and seductive... they compensate the veil with figure-hugging apparel, expressive make-up and higher heels," Dutch stylist Isis Vandrager told the magazine.

The women have also organized a fashion exhibition in Rotterdam alongside the magazine, displaying outfits made by Dutch designers with Islamic dress codes in mind.

One dummy in the exhibition wears a black halter-neck dress, while its back, arms and legs are concealed by a black-lace cat suit worn beneath.

"I see Muslim girls dress in very tight-fitting clothes these days so I thought 'why not make a cat suit?'," smiled Dutch designer Mada van Gaans.

Also on show are jeans by Italian clothing maker Al Quds, designed specifically for Muslims, with a baggy cut and multiple pockets, making it easier to kneel for prayer and store watches, rings or other jewellery when performing ablutions.

"It's not just Muslims who are buying our jeans now. It's a good fashion product, first of all. That means the spectrum of our audience is growing," brand manager Susanna Cavalli said in a telephone interview from Italy.

WIDER INFLUENCE?

The women behind MSLM and the show believe European Muslim street style might even one day influence women in the Middle East -- but not yet.

"There are Turkish girls here who wear these scarves which are just so out there and striking -- but they don't wear them when they go home," said Natasa Heydra, of MSLM.

In fact, the number of young women at the clothing fair of an annual conference of French Muslims in Paris shows interest in fashion trends from the Middle East and in traditional dress is still very high.

"It's both to help women dress according to Islam's rules, and also to meet a demand," said Asmaa Buhallut on the aim of the clothing show.

In France, a country which fiercely upholds its secular identity and which banned the veil in schools, there are not so many Muslim designers, she added: brands and designers from abroad use the event to reach the French Muslim public.

The array of bright colored clothing on display also gives women a source of inspiration.

"What's trendy are bright, vibrant colors, light fabrics, and in general, ensembles, mostly pants," said 18-year-old Nassima, of Tunisian origin.

Stallholder Ouslghozi Jkrom, selling traditional dresses and inexpensive veils, agreed.
"Popular styles this year have beadwork and the color is orange," she said. "Really, anything flashy."

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/25/AR2007042500389.html

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ironborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's one thing which I find nonsensical about the Hijab..

The Hijab is a garment which is supposed to show the modesty of women to God correct?

My question is, if God is God, then why would God require a flimsy piece of cloth on the head of His female followers to demonstrate their modesty?

I mean, God can see into the deepest and darkest corners of your Soul, and can easily determine if a woman is TRULY modest, or merely feigning modesty.

So whats the deal with that?

I'll tell you what it is.

It's abundantly clear that the Hijab is used not to show modesty to God, but modesty to other humans; in particular men.

Muslim men are obsessed with the virtuous and modest female (personally, I love the wicked ones [Big Grin] ), which is why so many women cover almost every inch of exposed flesh in the Middle East.

And as humans, we are only capable of perceiving the external and not the internal; which is why it makes absolute sense to manufacture a piece of cloth that when worn, gives the appearance of modesty.....because it's all about appearances.

C'mon, you have to admit I'm right [Razz]

~There is no space between us; but the crossings are infinite

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by homing pigeon:

yes an advice is much better, but come on, dont tell me a girl like that (we see them all the tim in cairo) doesnt know that her G string line is showing from her VERY VERY tight pants, I dobt any would be really convinced they are actually vailed,
even if they ware doing it only to complay with FAMILY obligations, then the family must be bliend to not notice how sexy she dresses, ( defeet the perpose of waring hijab

I just have to laugh , and agree with Goats on this,
everyone have the right to ware whatever they want
everyone have the right to belive in whatever they want
everyone can dress sexy,
but please dont cover your hair and show your butt.

just a note
girls who dress like that are normally VERY VERY EAZY to get

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well obviously for some it is habit rather than religion, they are in line with the many muslim men who are going around sleeping with women and drinking beer...

At the end of the day of course it isnt 'islamic' but that is their business, they are the ones who will answer to God for what they believe inside, not what they show on the outside.

And yes I do think 'the conditioned' has a point, I would argue that it mostly is worn to maintain dignity and not show yourself (and all your assets) off to everyone

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

YEA , it is the biggest paradox i have ever seen , to watch a girl wearing her hijab as if she is a preacher , and then you figure out she's wearing the sexiest tightest pants on her ass !!! or wearing a short skirt exposing some skin !!!

what the hell??

i have only two questions ?? why are you wearing hijab?

if you are wearing hijab for Allah's sake , then you must be an idiot !

if you are wearing hijab for obeying what your father asks you to do, then HE must be an idiot !!

if you are wearing hijab cuz it's fashion , style ..you look good on it .. or whatever, then ok bitch , go for it ! but please remember that you are making non muslims laugh at us (muslims) and think that islam prohibits showing the hair but allows showing the ass ! just because of what a bitch like you and so many others do !

please think , and if you want to wear hijab , go for it , but show some respect .

cheers

[Eek!] Where have you seen this?!!

ROTFL [Big Grin]

Posts: 26280 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Conditioned:

There's one thing which I find nonsensical about the Hijab..

The Hijab is a garment which is supposed to show the modesty of women to God correct?

My question is, if God is God, then why would God require a flimsy piece of cloth on the head of His female followers to demonstrate their modesty?

I mean, God can see into the deepest and darkest corners of your Soul, and can easily determine if a woman is TRULY modest, or merely feigning modesty.

So whats the deal with that?

I'll tell you what it is.

It's abundantly clear that the Hijab is used not to show modesty to God, but modesty to other humans; in particular men.

Muslim men are obsessed with the virtuous and modest female (personally, I love the wicked ones [Big Grin] ), which is why so many women cover almost every inch of exposed flesh in the Middle East.

And as humans, we are only capable of perceiving the external and not the internal; which is why it makes absolute sense to manufacture a piece of cloth that when worn, gives the appearance of modesty.....because it's all about appearances.

C'mon, you have to admit I'm right [Razz]

~There is no space between us; but the crossings are infinite

In many Middle-Eastern cultures, women and their appearances are considered the source of male desire; therefore this "distraction" must be taken away.

The hijab and other coverings were worn by women in the Near-East long before Islam, and Islam only promoted its use. The Prophet Muhammad wanted to end women's status as mere sexual objects, but unfortunately that goal has obviously not been met and it seems extreme uses of it only exacerbates this sexual objectification.

And then you have Western society which is the exact opposite and 'welcomes' women to expose their bodies all in the name of male pleasure. Thus many of the dress styles are akin to those of prostitutes.

[Embarrassed] My oh my, whatever are these societies to do?

Posts: 26280 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Goats', I just want to know where you've seen this strange juxtaposition of a hijab or on who?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com