EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » The status of women in Islam (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The status of women in Islam
homing pigeon
Member # 8039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for homing pigeon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The status of women in Islam by Sheikh Yussuf Alqaradawy

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/Q_WI/default.htm

Posts: 670 | From: alex living in leeds, UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like Qaradawy at all; I find his views on women quite derogatory, patronizing and full of double standards. [Frown]
And why can't he make his points without constantly making snide remarks about the "bad West"?

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homing pigeon
Member # 8039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for homing pigeon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must disagree with you there, Dalia. But anyway Qaradawy has his fans and his non-fans so to speak [Smile] I've always found his approach to fatwa more to my liking because he always presents all other views not only his own and then he explains why he is inclined towards one view rather than the other which is a sharp contrast with many clerics who insist that their view ia the one and only, even when they're saying something totally mad (Al-albany to mention one of them)..

Also Qaradawy's thinking has been more modern and practical than most other clerics.This alone earned him a lot of criticism.

I appreciate that u might feel his remarks about the West to be annoying. I never noticed that,myself, but this is maybe because it doesn't strike a particular note with me being middle eastern, u know.

I would like to ask u, though, why do u feel his views on women are derogatory? You might draw my attention to something I didnt notice.

--------------------
Noha

Posts: 670 | From: alex living in leeds, UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by homing pigeon:

Also Qaradawy's thinking has been more modern and practical than most other clerics.This alone earned him a lot of criticism.

I appreciate that u might feel his remarks about the West to be annoying. I never noticed that,myself, but this is maybe because it doesn't strike a particular note with me being middle eastern, u know.

I would like to ask u, though, why do u feel his views on women are derogatory? You might draw my attention to something I didnt notice.

Well, regarding his remarks about the West ... it's allover his writings and I find this not only offensive but a dishonest way of arguing things. By comparing "in the West" and "in Islam" he is comparing an ideal which is not being applied anywhere to existing conditions. That's a rhetorical trick and not an honest way of looking at things. An honest approach would be to either compare the existing conditions of women living in the West to that of women living in Muslim countries or the Qur'anic ideal to that of other scriptures.
By creating sterotypes of Western vs. Muslim women he is not doing justice to either, the different problems women are facing in all parts of the world can't be addressed or solved that way, they are just being used in order to make a point.

Some of his anti-Western comments are not only polemic and hateful, they are also often simply wrong. Claims such as that homosexuality or sexually transmitted diseases such as AIDS originate in the West or that "oral sex is a disgusting Western invention" display either a frightening ignorance on those issues or a deliberate attempt to spread wrong information. Both is not very befitting for someone who is supposed to be an influential Muslim scholar. It's also dangerous to spread those views because in the case of HIV, for example, it's necessary to educate people as well as possible in order for the subject to be approached properly.

Some of the reasons why I feel his views on women are derogatory:

He often implies or straightout says that men are more rational, more able to make decisions etc. For example he claims the reason that men are given the right of divorce is because they are less likely to make emotional or irrational decisions such as women. And he claims womens' testimony is only worth half of that of a man because "a woman’s emotions overcome her mind".

He also says that men have authority over women because of their "natural abilities" and that women have to be obedient to them and are not supposed to "rebel against" that authority.

He says a Muslim husband "is to order his wife to wear hijab".

He suggests a woman who is not married does not lead a valuable life. For example a woman who wants to work instead of being a full-time housewife and mother is, according to him, not fulfilling her divinely ordained duty in life. Women who work are poor, brainwashed, suppressed creatures who are in danger of "losing their femininity". Also he says a woman is better off being a second wife than having no husband at all. According to him, a woman who is not married either "passes her life in bitter deprivation" or becomes "a sex object and plaything" for lecherous men and he suggests the only and much better option for her would be to become a second wife. I find this very offensive and I don't like his use of the word "surplus women" in this context.

He condones the beating of women.

He condones circumcision of girls and says he "personally supports it". He says whoever feels it would "serve the interest of his daughters" should do it.

I see a huge double standard in the way he views sexuality in men and women. According to him, sexual feelings in men, no matter how strong, are a natural thing. A man is not asked to suppress his feelings, to pray, fast and keep himself busy with other things. He claims men need to be supplied with a legal outlet for their lust by all means, so he says masturbation is allowed for men in certain cases and if a man wants more sex than he can get from his wife (or desires more variety) he can go ahead and marry another woman. He says men have the *right* to take a second, third or fourth wife if they are bored or not sexually satisfied with their first one -- or even if she has a long period!

Girls / women on the other hand don't necessarily have sexual feelings. If they do, he suggests, these are triggered by outside factors. It is not appropriate for a woman to have sexual feelings not related to her husband. It is not allowed for her to seek any outlet for her feelings, i.e. masturbation. Instead, those feelings have to be suppressed by praying, fasting, focussing on other things and so on. It is not appropriate for a good Muslim girl to think about sex. He also compares women to animals and claims they only want to have sex when they can get pregnant because that's the way it is in cows, buffalos or she-goats. [Eek!]

I find the view of relationships he displays quite abysmal. Yes, sex is an important part of marriage for many people, but it surely isn't everything, there are many other things that are important, such as love, companionship, understanding and so on. If you truly love and respect someone you don't just go ahead and marry someone else just because you're not getting as much sex as you would like! To me this is just not right morally, it's worse than cheating! And telling people it's the perfect solution for men who can't restrain themselves, as Qaradawi is doing, isn't right either. [Frown]

Even couples who dearly love each other don't have sex all the time, it happens very often that people don't sleep with each other for a longer period of time, for a multitude of reasons. They might be phsyical – exhaustion from too much work, illness and so on – but very often they are psychological. Often, for example, people lose the desire for sex if something is going wrong in the relationship, if they are somehow unhappy.
I feel he reduces the roles of men and women in a marriage to the basest level -- sex and service and emotional attention for the man and financial support and a *dignified status* for the woman.

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
he says masturbation is allowed for men in certain cases
WHERE DID HE SAID IT?
WAT R THE CASES? [Razz]

quote:
He suggests a woman who is not married does not lead a valuable life.
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

quote:
quote:
He condones circumcision of girls and says he "personally supports it".
WATS WRONG IN CIRCUMCSION ? [Roll Eyes]

U CANT SLAUGHTER qARADQY DUETTE
DONT EVER TRY CUZ qARADWY MEAT IS POISIONOUS
[Razz]

YUR LIES AND CLAIMS R NONESENSE

GO FIGURE

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homing pigeon
Member # 8039

Dear Dalia

While you have a point in some of what you say, I'd still say that you're being a bit unfair to the man. I don't want to make my message into a defense of Qaradawy. After all, he's just a man and people will differ in their views of him and as I said before, he has many ardent supporters and also he has many who absolutely hate his guts.

But just to point out a couple of things. I believe that your understanding of his explanation of women's testimony to be somewhat mistaken, Dalia. This particular point is in the link in the original message of this thread. And while I know that you will not like ALL of what he says there, [Smile] I'm sure that nowhere he says that woman is inferior or half a man's worth. Maybe you read this as a third party report that was ascribed to him.

The other thing is his opinions on oral sex. I havent read anything of his on the matter of oral sex specifically but I recall that in his book "halal and haram in Islam" he mentions that EVERYTHING in marital sex is allowed except sodomy and I even recall an answer provided by him on islam online to a question to this effect , (asking about oral sex).....and , honestly, Dalia I have never heard him or read such remarks that compare women to animals. Are you sure you are talking about the same man?

You know, look [Smile] he's a grumpy old man, very conservative and not very funky, to say the least. I admit that... so he might not be kindly inclined towards sexual fun in the modern sense and such like [Smile] but really, Dalia....I have never seen any of his views that sound as extreme as that. On the contrary, one of my friends calls him Sheikh Abu eltasaheel (something like Sheikh take it easy [Big Grin] )...and this is the basis on which he is attacked usually. His fatwas include, for example, allowing face make up based on the verse that allows the apparent beauty to be dispalyed and he interpreted "apparent" as the face. He was attacked based on this fatwa. Most of his fatwas are as progressive as that so I feel totally shocked by what you're telling me.

I would aslo mention the divorce thing. As a Middle eastern person who lived most of my life in the middle east, I have seen how women scream "I want divorce" for the slightest of reasons while they dont really want it and while they still love their husbands but they use it simply as a red card. One of my male friends complains that he is concerned that one time he will just take up her offer since she is in the habit of repeating this so much. His wife is my friend and I know she never really wanted a divorce. This is just an observation but it is a common observation.... so when Qaradawy puts this in his book based on what he observes in his own culture, I wouldnt be surprised. He want worried about political correctness when he wrote it. It might have sounded better if he said that while there are some impulsive men and some really reasonable women, there is a higher tendency towards impulsiveness in females.

I cant remember what he said about cirumcision of girls. I'll review that and the beating of women and I'll get back to you.

But in the end, as I said before, he is only a human being and people will differ in their views of him.

--------------------
Noha

humanist
Member # 12798

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by homing pigeon:
[qb]

Some of the reasons why I feel his views on women are derogatory:

He often implies or straightout says that men are more rational, more able to make decisions etc. For example he claims the reason that men are given the right of divorce is because they are less likely to make emotional or irrational decisions such as women. And he claims womens' testimony is only worth half of that of a man because "a woman’s emotions overcome her mind".

He also says that men have authority over women because of their "natural abilities" and that women have to be obedient to them and are not supposed to "rebel against" that authority.

He says a Muslim husband "is to order his wife to wear hijab".

He suggests a woman who is not married does not lead a valuable life. For example a woman who wants to work instead of being a full-time housewife and mother is, according to him, not fulfilling her divinely ordained duty in life. Women who work are poor, brainwashed, suppressed creatures who are in danger of "losing their femininity". Also he says a woman is better off being a second wife than having no husband at all. According to him, a woman who is not married either "passes her life in bitter deprivation" or becomes "a sex object and plaything" for lecherous men and he suggests the only and much better option for her would be to become a second wife. I find this very offensive and I don't like his use of the word "surplus women" in this context.

He condones circumcision of girls and says he "personally supports it". He says whoever feels it would "serve the interest of his daughters" should do it.

I see a huge double standard in the way he views sexuality in men and women. According to him, sexual feelings in men, no matter how strong, are a natural thing. A man is not asked to suppress his feelings, to pray, fast and keep himself busy with other things. He claims men need to be supplied with a legal outlet for their lust by all means, so he says masturbation is allowed for men in certain cases and if a man wants more sex than he can get from his wife (or desires more variety) he can go ahead and marry another woman. He says men have the *right* to take a second, third or fourth wife if they are bored or not sexually satisfied with their first one -- or even if she has a long period!

Girls / women on the other hand don't necessarily have sexual feelings. If they do, he suggests, these are triggered by outside factors. It is not appropriate for a woman to have sexual feelings not related to her husband. It is not allowed for her to seek any outlet for her feelings, i.e. masturbation. Instead, those feelings have to be suppressed by praying, fasting, focussing on other things and so on. It is not appropriate for a good Muslim girl to think about sex. He also compares women to animals and claims they only want to have sex when they can get pregnant because that's the way it is in cows, buffalos or she-goats. [Eek!]

I find the view of relationships he displays quite abysmal. Yes, sex is an important part of marriage for many people, but it surely isn't everything, there are many other things that are important, such as love, companionship, understanding and so on. If you truly love and respect someone you don't just go ahead and marry someone else just because you're not getting as much sex as you would like! To me this is just not right morally, it's worse than cheating! And telling people it's the perfect solution for men who can't restrain themselves, as Qaradawi is doing, isn't right either. [Frown]

Even couples who dearly love each other don't have sex all the time, it happens very often that people don't sleep with each other for a longer period of time, for a multitude of reasons. They might be phsyical – exhaustion from too much work, illness and so on – but very often they are psychological. Often, for example, people lose the desire for sex if something is going wrong in the relationship, if they are somehow unhappy.
I feel he reduces the roles of men and women in a marriage to the basest level -- sex and service and emotional attention for the man and financial support and a *dignified status* for the woman.

Dalia - I agree with you 100%...the problem with this guy is he totally tries to annihilate the humanity of relationships. For God's sake, people are humans! All of these external fixes he tries to put on women especially are so lacking in authenticity...I don't know Homing, perhaps it is just the differences in our genetics how a Western vs. a Middle Eastern woman interprets these things he says...I too find them appalling...and absolutely counterproductive.

Why are men constantly lauded as being the more rational or logical of the sexes? That is a flawed argument...for example who is more likely to blow his top and murder someone? Who is more likely to be arrested for pedopphilia and/or child molestation? Men do these criminal, irrational and illogical acts at a far greater rate than women!

Homing, what about female circumcision and his views? Do yo believe a husband can "order" his wife to wear hijab? Do you believe hijab is mandantory?

BTW, both of you are debating so nicely. Must be cuz you're women!

Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dalia and HP, it is WONDERFUL to see a debate with opposing views on religion that is still polite and respectful.

Made my day! [Smile]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
The other thing is his opinions on oral sex. I havent read anything of his on the matter of oral sex specifically but I recall that in his book "halal and haram in Islam" he mentions that EVERYTHING in marital sex is allowed except sodomy and I even recall an answer provided by him on islam online to a question to this effect , (asking about oral sex).....and , honestly, Dalia I have never heard him or read such remarks that compare women to animals. Are you sure you are talking about the same man?

HP, my evaluation of him is based on what he says himself, I think most things I read in "The Lawful and the Prohibited" and in the link you gave, as well as in some fatwas on Islamonline.

Here are some quotes relating to what I said above.

However, the most moderate opinion and the most likely one to be correct is in favor of practicing circumcision in the moderate Islamic way indicated in some of the Prophet's hadiths – even though such hadiths are not confirmed to be authentic. It is reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said to a midwife: "Reduce the size of the clitoris but do not exceed the limit, for that is better for her health and is preferred by husbands". The hadith indicates that circumcision is better for a woman's health and it enhances her conjugal relation with her husband. It’s noteworthy that the Prophet's saying "do not exceed the limit" means do not totally remove the clitoris.

Actually, Muslim countries differ over the issue of female circumcision; some countries sanction it whereas others do not. Anyhow, it is not obligatory, whoever finds it serving the interest of his daughters should do it, and I personally support this under the current circumstances in the modern world. But whoever chooses not to do it is not considered to have committed a sin for it is mainly meant to dignify women as held by scholars.

www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503543886

Then there may also be the case of a man whose desire for sex is strong, while his wife has little desire for it, or who is chronically ill, has long menstrual periods, or the like, while her husband is unable to restrain his sexual urge. Should it not be permitted to him to marry a second wife instead of his hunting around for girlfriends? There are also times when women outnumber men, as for example after wars which often decimate the ranks of men. In such a situation' it is in the interests of the society and of women themselves that they become co-wives to a man instead of spending their entire lives without marriage, deprived of the peace, affection, and protection of marital life and the joy of motherhood for which they naturally yearn with all their hearts.

Only three possible alternatives exist for such surplus women who are not married as first wives:
(1) to pass their whole lives in bitter deprivation,
(2) to become sex objects and playthings for lecherous men; or
(3) to become co-wives to men who are able to support more than one wife and who will treat
them kindly.

Unquestionably, the last alternative is the
correct solution, a healing remedy for this
problem, and that is the judgement of Islam:

(The Lawful and the Prohibited)

"Statistics and scientific studies have proven that the man's sexual energy is more vigorous. This is a fact … All women arouse a man, but not all men arouse a woman. Even among animals, the females need sex less than the males.This is the case with cows, buffalo, or she-goats; they desire the stallion, ram, or bull only when they want to become pregnant. Afterwards, their desire passes. In contrast, the stallion or ram is [always] willing. This is nature, and woman is this way too…"

(memri.org, I don't have the link anymore but gave it in some other thread a while ago.)

Female masturbation is more risky than male masturbation.
Do not advise the girls ever to resort to this. A girl must be patient. The thing that tempts such girls, I am sad to say, is that they teach one another. One says to the other: "I did this and that," or "I saw a film, in which they did this and that. " Some TV channels, especially European ones, show outrageous sexual things, which are unacceptable by our standards, our moral values, and religious law. These things are rejected. These scandalous, nude films ... A girl might learn things from these people. A Muslim girl must commit herself to what her God decreed. She must take care of herself, fast, pray, be God fearing, keep herself busy. She can read a useful book, prepare her homework, join a charity, and spend her time doing things that are useful to her in this world and the world to come, instead of thinking about satisfying her urges, especially in a manner forbidden by religious law.

http://switch3.castup.net/cunet/gm.asp?ai=214&ar=1308wmv&ak=null)

“I was asked about oral sex in America and Europe when I began to travel to these countries in the early 70s. We are not used to be asked these questions in our Muslim countries. Those Western people are accustomed to stripping naked during sexual intercourse. These are communities of nakedness, and from the licentiousness of the woman that she wears nothing to screen her body in her daily life.

So, they are in need of more excitements during copulation.
However, men in our Muslim societies see nothing in the Muslim woman that can excite them on the basis of her wearing either Hijab (veil) or Niqab (face cover). But concerning whether being in complete nakedness during practicing copulation is lawful or not, the Prophet of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, is reported to have said, "Guard your private parts except from your wife or your slaves."

Muslim jurists are of the opinion that it is lawful for the husband to perform cunnilingus on his wife, or a wife to perform the similar act for her husband (fellatio) and there is no wrong in doing so. But if sucking leads to releasing semen, then it is Makruh (blameworthy), but there is no decisive evidence (to forbid it).

These parts are not dirty like anus, but it is ordinarily disgusting to man. But there is no decisive evidence to make it unlawful, especially if the wife agrees with it or achieves orgasm by practicing it.

www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503543892

(Dr. Sabri `Abdul Ra’ouf) ... also gives support to the view of Sheikh Al-Qaradawi that oral sex or kissing private parts of the spouse is something viewed disgusting to Muslims, but if the aim is just kissing (without having constant indulgence in it) it's not sinful to do that, but people of high morality normally keep away from that, as not to give in to imitating non-Muslims.”

www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503543892

If the husband senses that feelings of disobedience and rebelliousness are rising against him in his wife, he should try his best to rectify her attitude by kind words, gentle persuasion, and reasoning with her. If this is not helpful, he should sleep apart from her, trying to awaken her agreeable feminine nature so that serenity may be restored, and she may respond to him in a harmonious fashion. If this approach fails, it is permissible for him to beat her lightly with his hands, avoiding her face and other sensitive parts. In no case should he resort to using a stick or any other instrument that might cause pain and injury

(The Lawful and the Prohibited)

Regarding the divorce issue -- I fully understand what you're saying. But he's not some Ahmed or Muhammad sitting in a Cairo coffeeshop giving his opinion, but an influential scholar, and as such he should not make such sweeping generalizations, especially those that might influence legal rulings or public opinion. His fatwas are not issued exclusively for people in Egypt or the ME; so shouldn't he take the realities of life anywhere in the world into account? I see from his writings that he has many misconceptions about European women, so how in the world can he give fatwas that are supposed to be taken seriously by European Muslims if it's clear that he can't really relate to the reality of those peoples' lifes at all? [Frown]

Yes, I'm aware of the fact that he has given fatwas, especially in regards to womens' rights, that could be considered progressive -- at least compared to some others. [Wink] But that makes him even less credible in my opinion ... sometimes he's objective and sometimes the reasons he gives for legal rulings seem to be just his own biased opinions.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Batman, non-stop, righteous machine:
quote:
he says masturbation is allowed for men in certain cases
WHERE DID HE SAID IT?
WAT R THE CASES? [Razz]

The pressing need to relieve himself of sexual
tension may drive a young man to
masturbation.

The majority of scholars consider it haram.
Imam Malik bases his judgement on the verse,
Those who guard their sexual organs
except with their spouses or those whom
their right hands possess, for (with regard
to them) they are without blame. But those
who crave something beyond that are
transgressors, (23:5-7) arguing that the
masturbator is one of those who "crave
something beyond that."

On the other hand, it is reported that Imam
Ahmad Ibn Hanbal regarded semen as an
excretion of the body like other excrete and
permitted its expulsion as blood letting is
permitted. Ibn Hazm holds the same view.
However, the Hanbali jurists permit
masturbation only under two conditions: first,
the fear of committing fornication or adultery,
and second, not having the means to marry.
We are inclined to accept the opinion of Imam
Ahmad in a situation in which there is sexual
excitation and danger of committing the
haram. For example, a young man has gone
abroad to study or work, thereby encountering
many temptations which he fears he will be
unable to resist, may resort to this method of
relieving sexual tension provided he does not
do it excessively or make it into a habit.

(The Lawful and the Prohibited in Islam, p. 76)

homing pigeon
Member # 8039

quote:

Yes, I'm aware of the fact that he has given fatwas, especially in regards to womens' rights, that could be considered progressive -- at least compared to some others. But that makes him even less credible in my opinion ... sometimes he's objective and sometimes he seems the reasons he gives for legal rulings seem to be purley his own biased opinions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's more likely to be his own best effort, Dalia. Religious scholars generally take their positions very seriously and are usually not willing to shoulder the sin of misguiding people so they do try and put their best effort and knowledge into reasoning about things. Scholars have been known to issue fatwas and then retract on them years later when they learn something that changes their chain of reasoning. But since they are mere mortals, they are liable to be mistaken sometimes. You cant expect any single human being to be right all the time. Like I said Bukhari is a mortal and can make mistakes, so can Qaradawy and others. Each one of them is a product of their cutlure and their learning and a complex number of other things and they may well be biased or uninformed about things outside their own areas of specialty.

Moderate Muslims accept that fact and the general consensus is to look for "convergence" of opinions of several religious scholars in any one issue. It is extremely rare that Muslims follow a single erratic fatwa against the general opinion of other clerics. Also, in hadith, we were told that a religious scholar can only do his best effort. If he's wrong, God rewards him for trying honeslty to reach the truth but if he's right, God rewards him double for it. So bearing in mind the limitations of any human being, most religious jurisprudence is based on convergent opinion of a panel of scholars.

However, public opinion of one scholar or other naturally depends on his own ideas and reasoning. People in Muslim countries generally take a scholar as a whole. If the majority of his fatwas are lenient, he's seen to be lenient. If the majority of his ideas are strict, he's seen to be strict and so on. Based on this, I still support the view that Qaradawy's ideas in general are more acceptable than many.

I have seen his fatwa on masturbation in his book a long time ago and I dont understand why you dont like it. It's more reasonable to allow a person (man or woman) an outlet for relief of sexual tension whoch cannot be alleviated within a lawful relationship. Not only Qaradawy but a few others , as well, hold this view and I think these are more reasonable than the others who twist themselves into knots in an attempt to prove that masturbation is harmful for health and therefore outlawed. Medical opinion says masturbation is not harmful and the clerics who allow it restrict it to absolute need according to another jurisprudence rule that says " necessity may lift certain restrictions" الضرورات تبيح المحظورات and I find this rule very helpful actually. It allows some flexibility which if we didnt have , we'd be in dire straits indeed!

What I commner Qaradawy for specifically is that when he talks abotu Islamic rulings, he doesnt just mention his opinion but he lists other opposing opinions and their reasons then he states his opinion and his reasons which allows the reader to make up his/her own mind in an informed way. This is in sharp contrast with many other sheikhs who would insist that their opinion is the one correct opinion and everybody else is wrong and would give you their own ruling omitting to state the reasons behind it or the other opposing opinions even if their opinion is really over the top. Mostly, salafi scholars do that and they claim that there is absolute agreement on the issue when it is highly controversial.Chek for example Sheikh ibn Baz or Ibn Othmeyeen or, horror of horrors, Nasser El-Albany. It's when I see those that I thank God that people like Qaradawy exist.

But anyway, I will have a look around his other opinions including wife beating and will report back here [Smile]

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have seen his fatwa on masturbation in his book a long time ago and I dont understand why you dont like it. It's more reasonable to allow a person (man or woman) an outlet for relief of sexual tension whoch cannot be alleviated within a lawful relationship. Not only Qaradawy but a few others , as well, hold this view and I think these are more reasonable than the others who twist themselves into knots in an attempt to prove that masturbation is harmful for health and therefore outlawed. Medical opinion says masturbation is not harmful and the clerics who allow it restrict it to absolute need according to another jurisprudence rule that says " necessity may lift certain restrictions" ???????? ???? ????????? and I find this rule very helpful actually. It allows some flexibility which if we didnt have , we'd be in dire straits indeed!

Oh, you misunderstood me. I completely agree with you on this one. What I meant to illustrate was his double standard regarding men and women in relation to sexuality. He suggests men are "naturally lustful" whereas libidinous feelings in women are triggered by outside factors, such as watching European TV, for example. [Roll Eyes] He makes a clear difference when addressing men and women regarding this issue by saying for men it's ok in certain cases whereas women should refrain from it under any condition. And his remarks about women only wanting to have sex when they are able to procreate is further proof for his bias on the subject.
And what about women who are "naturally more lustful than others"? Would he give them the same advice as men? Would he see it as a priority that they need to "fulfill their urges in a lawful manner" and so on? I don't think so ... and that's why I say he's promoting a double standard.

quote:

What I commner Qaradawy for specifically is that when he talks abotu Islamic rulings, he doesnt just mention his opinion but he lists other opposing opinions and their reasons then he states his opinion and his reasons which allows the reader to make up his/her own mind in an informed way. This is in sharp contrast with many other sheikhs who would insist that their opinion is the one correct opinion and everybody else is wrong and would give you their own ruling omitting to state the reasons behind it or the other opposing opinions even if their opinion is really over the top. Mostly, salafi scholars do that and they claim that there is absolute agreement on the issue when it is highly controversial.Chek for example Sheikh ibn Baz or Ibn Othmeyeen or, horror of horrors, Nasser El-Albany. It's when I see those that I thank God that people like Qaradawy exist.

Even though I personally don't like him I have to agree with you here. [Wink]
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

BY DAHIAL
http://switch3.castup.net/cunet/gm.asp?ai=214&ar=1308wmv&ak=null)

NOT AGAIN THIS ZIONIST MERMITV WORKS

MERMITV & rASHAD KHALIFAH FANS R AROUNF ES

[Roll Eyes]

CIRCUMCISON OF FEMALES IS HEALTHY HABITS
SOUND LIKE ES PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT hUMAN SEXUALITY

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=002895

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homing pigeon
Member # 8039

Did he say only men? [Eek!] I didnt notice that!

But anyway, other clerics and the general opinion that was drawn from his fatwa have generalized this bit over men and women.

I'm not about to defend his sexual attitudes...as I said before.... he may well be hindered by any number of inhibitions imposed in a cultural way. What I defend only is that he would not knowingly misrepresent things and that he tries to be as objective as he can. Sometimes he'll be wrong, naturally but there is more right than wrong in his general opinions.

In no way I represent him as infallible... but I would represent him as honest and more reasonable than many.

I would risk a guess that the majority of our religious scholars have been subject to very inhibited upbringing in relation to sexual matters and that is very likely to bias their views.

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homing pigeon
Member # 8039

quote:

What I commner Qaradawy

That was "commend" but for some oblique reason it's not letting me edit it [Big Grin]
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SWYS
HOW R YOU?

WAS THEEDITED POST INSULTS TO ME [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
MASTURBATION IS HARAM FOR MEN OR WOMEN

QARADAWY FATWA SAY MASTURBATION IS OK IS FAULTY

Ruling on masturbation and how to cure the problem

Question:
I have a question which I am shy to ask but another sister who has come to Islam recently wants an answer to and I do not have an answer (with dilals from the Qur'an and Sunnah). I hope you can help and I hope Allah will for give me if it is inappropriate but as Muslims we should never be shy in seeking knowledge. Her question was "Is it permissible in Islam to masturbate?".
May Allah increase us all in knowledge.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Masturbation (for both men and women) is haraam (forbidden) in Islam based on the following evidence:

First from the Qur’aan:

Imam Shafi’i stated that masturbation is forbidden based on the following verses from the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning):

"And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, - for them, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors." 23.5-7 Here the verses are clear in forbidding all illegal sexual acts (including masturbation) except for the wives or that their right hand possess. And whoever seeks beyond that is the transgressor.

"And let those who find not the financial means for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah enriches them of His bounty." 24.33. This verse also clearly orders whoever does not have the financial means to marry to keep himself chaste and be patient in facing temptations (including masturbation) until Allah enriches them of His bounty.

Secondly, from the sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him):

Abdullaah ibn Mas’ood said, "We were with the Prophet while we were young and had no wealth whatsoever. So Allaah’s Messenger said, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power." Bukhari:5066. The hadeeth orders men who are not able to marry to fast despite the hardship encountered in doing so, and not to masturbate despite the ease with which it can be done.

There are additional evidences that can be cited to support this ruling on masturbation, but due to the limited space we will not go through them here. Allaah knows what is best and most correct.

As for curing the habit of masturbation, we recommend the following suggestions:

1) The motive to seek a cure for this problem should be solely following Allaah’s orders and fearing His punishment.

2) A permanent and quick cure from this problem lies in marriage as soon as the person is able, as shown in the Prophet’s hadeeth.

3) Keeping oneself busy with what is good for this world and the hereafter is essential in breaking this habit before it becomes second nature after which it is very difficult to rid oneself of it.

4) Lowering the gaze (from looking at forbidden things such as pictures, movies etc.) will help suppress the desire before it leads one to commit the haraam (forbidden). Allaah orders men and women to lower their gaze as shown in the following two verses and in the Prophet’s hadeeth (interpretations of the meanings):

"Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allah is all-aware of what they do. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) ..... " 24.30-31

Allaah’s messenger said: "Do not follow a casual (unintentional) look (at forbidden things) with another look." Al-Tirmidhi 2777. This is a general instruction by the Prophet to abstain from all that may sexually excite a person because it might lead him/her to commit the haraam (forbidden).

5) Using one’s available leisure time in worshipping Allaah and increasing religious knowledge.

6) Being cautious not to develop any of the medical symptoms that may result from masturbation such as weak eyesight, weak nervous system, and/or back pain. More importantly, feeling of guilt and anxiety that can be complicated by missing obligatory prayers because of the need to shower (ghusl) after every incidence of masturbation.

7) Avoiding the illusion that some youth have that masturbation is permissible because it prevents them from committing illegal sexual acts such as fornication or even homosexuality.

8) Strengthening one’s willpower and avoiding spending time alone as recommended by the Prophet when he said "Do not spend the night alone" Ahmad 6919.

9) Following the Prophet’s aforementioned hadeeth and fast when possible, because fasting will temper one’s sexual desire and keep it under control. However, one should not overreact and swear by Allaah not to return to the act because if one does not honor one’s promise, one would be facing the consequences of not living up to one’s oath to Allaah. Also, note that medication to diminish one’s sexual desire is strictly prohibited because it might permanently affect one’s sexual ability.

10) Trying to follow the Prophet’s recommendation concerning the etiquette of getting ready for bed, such as reading well-known supplications, sleeping on the right side, and avoiding sleeping on the belly (the Prophet forbade sleeping on the belly).

11) Striving hard to be patient and chaste, because persistence will eventually, Allaah willing, lead to attaining those qualities as second nature, as the Prophet explains in the following hadeeth:
"Whoever seeks chastity Allaah will make him chaste, and whoever seeks help from none but Allaah, He will help him, and whoever is patient He will make it easy for him, and no one has ever been given anything better than patience." Bukhari:1469.

12) Repenting, asking forgiveness from Allaah, doing good deeds, and not losing hope and feeling despair are all prerequisites to curing this problem. Note that losing hope is one of the major sins punishable by Allaah.

13) Finally, Allaah is the Most Merciful and He always responds to whoever calls on Him. So, asking for Allah’s forgiveness will be accepted, by His will.

Wallahu a’lam. And Allah knows what is best and most correct.

END OF THE STORY

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
SWYS
HOW R YOU?

WAS THEEDITED POST INSULTS TO ME [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

LOL. [Big Grin] Batman, nooooooo, I promise. How are you? Still waging a one-man war on evil? [Razz]

I'm good. Off to have dinner now. [Smile]

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[
CIRCUMCISON OF FEMALES IS HEALTHY HABITS
SOUND LIKE ES PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT hUMAN SEXUALITY

Riiight, you're the expert on human sexuality, Batman [Big Grin]
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homing pigeon
Member # 8039

Batman dear, so Imam Shafey ruled it out but Imam Ibn Hanbal allowed it. Imam Malik ruled it out but Imam Abu Hanifa allowed it with restriction.....so we should be able to accomodate all those views. Each of us will personally chose what we are comfortable with but if you ask Imam Abu Hanifa himself about the issues where he disagreed with Imam Malik (they were contemporaries of each other, u know), he would express his respects for him and vice versa and neither of them would describe the others' view as "wrong" outright.....so why is it that modern Sheikhs have this antagonism towards each other's views? The 4 main Imams even agreed on the conclusion that Allah does not punish on controversial matters where learned scholars have failed to reach a consensus.

--------------------
Noha

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
ya homing pigeaon
humans r imperfect
u know
i did not disqalify Quaradawy or any1

Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
MASTURBATION IS HARAM FOR MEN OR WOMEN

QARADAWY FATWA SAY MASTURBATION IS OK IS FAULTY

Ruling on masturbation and how to cure the problem

Question:
I have a question which I am shy to ask but another sister who has come to Islam recently wants an answer to and I do not have an answer (with dilals from the Qur'an and Sunnah). I hope you can help and I hope Allah will for give me if it is inappropriate but as Muslims we should never be shy in seeking knowledge. Her question was "Is it permissible in Islam to masturbate?".
May Allah increase us all in knowledge.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Masturbation (for both men and women) is haraam (forbidden) in Islam based on the following evidence:

First from the Qur’aan:

Imam Shafi’i stated that masturbation is forbidden based on the following verses from the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning):

"And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, - for them, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors." 23.5-7 Here the verses are clear in forbidding all illegal sexual acts (including masturbation) except for the wives or that their right hand possess. And whoever seeks beyond that is the transgressor.

"And let those who find not the financial means for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah enriches them of His bounty." 24.33. This verse also clearly orders whoever does not have the financial means to marry to keep himself chaste and be patient in facing temptations (including masturbation) until Allah enriches them of His bounty.

Secondly, from the sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him):

Abdullaah ibn Mas’ood said, "We were with the Prophet while we were young and had no wealth whatsoever. So Allaah’s Messenger said, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power." Bukhari:5066. The hadeeth orders men who are not able to marry to fast despite the hardship encountered in doing so, and not to masturbate despite the ease with which it can be done.

There are additional evidences that can be cited to support this ruling on masturbation, but due to the limited space we will not go through them here. Allaah knows what is best and most correct.

As for curing the habit of masturbation, we recommend the following suggestions:

1) The motive to seek a cure for this problem should be solely following Allaah’s orders and fearing His punishment.

2) A permanent and quick cure from this problem lies in marriage as soon as the person is able, as shown in the Prophet’s hadeeth.

3) Keeping oneself busy with what is good for this world and the hereafter is essential in breaking this habit before it becomes second nature after which it is very difficult to rid oneself of it.

4) Lowering the gaze (from looking at forbidden things such as pictures, movies etc.) will help suppress the desire before it leads one to commit the haraam (forbidden). Allaah orders men and women to lower their gaze as shown in the following two verses and in the Prophet’s hadeeth (interpretations of the meanings):

"Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allah is all-aware of what they do. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) ..... " 24.30-31

Allaah’s messenger said: "Do not follow a casual (unintentional) look (at forbidden things) with another look." Al-Tirmidhi 2777. This is a general instruction by the Prophet to abstain from all that may sexually excite a person because it might lead him/her to commit the haraam (forbidden).

5) Using one’s available leisure time in worshipping Allaah and increasing religious knowledge.

6) Being cautious not to develop any of the medical symptoms that may result from masturbation such as weak eyesight, weak nervous system, and/or back pain. More importantly, feeling of guilt and anxiety that can be complicated by missing obligatory prayers because of the need to shower (ghusl) after every incidence of masturbation.

7) Avoiding the illusion that some youth have that masturbation is permissible because it prevents them from committing illegal sexual acts such as fornication or even homosexuality.

8) Strengthening one’s willpower and avoiding spending time alone as recommended by the Prophet when he said "Do not spend the night alone" Ahmad 6919.

9) Following the Prophet’s aforementioned hadeeth and fast when possible, because fasting will temper one’s sexual desire and keep it under control. However, one should not overreact and swear by Allaah not to return to the act because if one does not honor one’s promise, one would be facing the consequences of not living up to one’s oath to Allaah. Also, note that medication to diminish one’s sexual desire is strictly prohibited because it might permanently affect one’s sexual ability.

10) Trying to follow the Prophet’s recommendation concerning the etiquette of getting ready for bed, such as reading well-known supplications, sleeping on the right side, and avoiding sleeping on the belly (the Prophet forbade sleeping on the belly).

11) Striving hard to be patient and chaste, because persistence will eventually, Allaah willing, lead to attaining those qualities as second nature, as the Prophet explains in the following hadeeth:
"Whoever seeks chastity Allaah will make him chaste, and whoever seeks help from none but Allaah, He will help him, and whoever is patient He will make it easy for him, and no one has ever been given anything better than patience." Bukhari:1469.

12) Repenting, asking forgiveness from Allaah, doing good deeds, and not losing hope and feeling despair are all prerequisites to curing this problem. Note that losing hope is one of the major sins punishable by Allaah.

13) Finally, Allaah is the Most Merciful and He always responds to whoever calls on Him. So, asking for Allah’s forgiveness will be accepted, by His will.

Wallahu a’lam. And Allah knows what is best and most correct.

END OF THE STORY

Here they tell you as a kid if you mastrubate that you will go blind. [Big Grin] Batty, dont tell me you dont mastrubate because I dont believe you... [Razz]
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
... he would express his respects for him and vice versa and neither of them would describe the others' view as "wrong" outright.....

A voice of reason. [Smile]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanist
Member # 12798

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Did he say only men? [Eek!] I didnt notice that!

But anyway, other clerics and the general opinion that was drawn from his fatwa have generalized this bit over men and women.

I'm not about to defend his sexual attitudes...as I said before.... he may well be hindered by any number of inhibitions imposed in a cultural way. What I defend only is that he would not knowingly misrepresent things and that he tries to be as objective as he can. Sometimes he'll be wrong, naturally but there is more right than wrong in his general opinions.

In no way I represent him as infallible... but I would represent him as honest and more reasonable than many.

I would risk a guess that the majority of our religious scholars have been subject to very inhibited upbringing in relation to sexual matters and that is very likely to bias their views.

I vote for Homing Pigeon to be a scholar.
Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Rumicrazieluv

believe it or not i don maturb. [Wink] [Razz]
have no enrgy for it i consume my energy in other stuff like sport

Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masturbation 'cuts cancer risk' [Big Grin] [Eek!]
Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Undercover:
Masturbation 'cuts cancer risk' [Big Grin] [Eek!]

They say cancer-causing chemicals could build up in the prostate if men do not ejaculate regularly.

is masturbation an induced or natural ejaculation? it's induced one
God created human body perfect natural ejaculation will protct agains cancer

eating atioxidant like tomatoes, cucmber can protect againts cancer

we say to people stop masturbation n eat tomatoes carrtots n other green food to protect againts cancer

we also have honey

Several medications and vitamins may also help prevent prostate cancer. Two dietary supplements, vitamin E and selenium, may help prevent prostate cancer when taken daily. Estrogens from soybeans and other plant sources (called phytoestrogens) may also help prevent prostate cancer.

Green tea may be protective (due to its polyphenol content)

Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I find the view of relationships he displays quite abysmal. Yes, sex is an important part of marriage for many people, but it surely isn't everything, there are many other things that are important, such as love, companionship, understanding and so on. If you truly love and respect someone you don't just go ahead and marry someone else just because you're not getting as much sex as you would like! To me this is just not right morally, it's worse than cheating!

Sex gives men a headache

Scientists have found that men are more likely than women to be telling the truth if they say: "Not tonight darling, I've got a headache".

A team of German researchers has begun to investigate the phenomenon of sexual headaches - a condition known as Orgasmic Cephalgia.

They have discovered that it is three times more likely to strike men.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2367201.stm

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Undercover:
quote:
I find the view of relationships he displays quite abysmal. Yes, sex is an important part of marriage for many people, but it surely isn't everything, there are many other things that are important, such as love, companionship, understanding and so on. If you truly love and respect someone you don't just go ahead and marry someone else just because you're not getting as much sex as you would like! To me this is just not right morally, it's worse than cheating!

Sex gives men a headache

Scientists have found that men are more likely than women to be telling the truth if they say: "Not tonight darling, I've got a headache".

A team of German researchers has begun to investigate the phenomenon of sexual headaches - a condition known as Orgasmic Cephalgia.

They have discovered that it is three times more likely to strike men.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2367201.stm

may b cuz they masturbate regulary for fear of cancer so they have no power to make love so they get dizzy [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] [Wink]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

God created human body perfect natural ejaculation will protct agains cancer

funny you say that when talking about a man, however you dont say that regarding female circumcision? [Confused]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homing pigeon
Member # 8039

quote:
Originally posted by humanist:
I vote for Homing Pigeon to be a scholar.

[Big Grin]
They dont get it with votes unfortunately ...and I suppose having a healthy sexual appetite definitely disqualifies you for the job.

homing pigeon
Member # 8039

Hey, Dalia

It just occured to me why you and I have had a different understanding of the masturbation issue (whether it was men only or men and women). It might be because of the masculine dominance of the Arabic language. I know You probably read the translation, is that right? I havent read the book in translation. I only read the Arabic copy. There is a grammatical issue with the Arabic language regarding gendre [Smile] the rule is anythime you talk about a group of men and women, you refer to the group in masculine...so naturally when Qaradawy wrote his section on masturbatio in the book, he would write it all in the masculine and I would intiuitively undertand that it means both male and female while in translation, if the trsnaltor states the masculine pronoun everywhere in the text, it can only mean male to the reader because that's how it is in the English language.

Example: If "someone" needs to do something, "he" has to do it in a way that doesnt annoy "him" [Big Grin]

In Arabic, we would never think of puttinh it as he/she or use "them" to include a plural that is not affected by gendre....we just dont so that....I even recall a meeting of some feminist organization in Egypt where they demanded a modernisation approach to the Arabic language that addresses this issue.

You know, even in the quran it is that way....u might get the impression that the verse refers to men when it is men and women inclusive as per Arabic grammar.

It just comes to mind as a possibility but dont quote me on it ....it's just my guess and I may be wrong. I suppose the only way to know for sure is to ask Qaradawy. But I'm sure I saw other scholars opinions on the issue that were in reply to women specifically.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Hi homing pigeon

Yes, I've read the translation, but I'm well aware of the issues regarding expression of gender in the Arabic language and that they can create confusion when translating.
But I still think he is exclusively (or mainly) addressing men here. Yes, it's possible that he means "young men and women" where the translator wrote "young men", but then he also speaks about semen and mentions that those who can support a wife should get married, imo that seems to suggest he's referring to men.
He also says that Hanbali jurists allow masturbation "if the person doesn't have the means to marry" which again seems to indicate that men are addressed here.

The pressing need to relieve himself of sexual tension may drive a young man to masturbation.

The Prophet (peace be on him) said, Young men, those of you who can support a wife should marry, for it keeps you from looking at women (lit., lowers your gaze) and preserves your chastity

For example, a young man has gone abroad to study or work, thereby encountering many temptations which he fears he will be unable to resist ...

Also, if this paragraph was addressing both, men as well as women, why then would he address women separately in another speech / fatwa and give them a different advice as he did in the text I quoted above?

quote:

But one thing I don't understand is ... if you admit that he is probably influenced by his culture and upbringing, particularly in his views on sexuality, then why do you think it is recommendable to read his opinion on the status of women? Doesn't this obvious bias decrease his credibility?
For me personally, his opinion on FGM alone would be enough to completely disqualify him from talking about womens' rights or status. I could never accept someone who holds such views as a spiritual mentor or a religious advisor. In fact, I can't even bring myself to respect such a person at all.

OK, he's not as bad as the Salafi scholars, but is that enough? Aren't there other scholars with a more enlightened view who would be worth listening to or reading? I think there are and I'm sure you know better about those than me.
So why chose the writings of someone whose work also contains a lot of objectionable stuff? Honestly, if I was someone with no background knowledge at all and read his texts about women I'd be scared off and get a very negative image of Islam ...

homing pigeon
Member # 8039

Well, Dalia

The answer is that I didnt perceive his writings in the way you did for all the reasons we discussed above.

I read the lawful and the prohibited in islam and I found it to be a very reasonable book. His book about women that I cited in this thread doesnt mention anything about FGM and what I read of it sounded quite reasonable, too.

Besides, I seem to be taking it for granted that it is impossible that we can agree 100% with any writer on what he wirtes so I assume that if we disagree, to some extent, with Qaradawy, this should be no reason to disqualify him completely. As I said before I find him reasonable on most issues. If I disagree with him on matters of sexuality this is not enough to strike off his credibility. There is more to feminine status thatn sexuality and from the point of view of culture, how many 70 year old men in my culture are sexually exciting or are open to sexual emancipation, so to speak? Come to that, how many 70 year old men in Western societies are?

I do not agree that his works give a negative image of Islam. On the contrary, this book on women stautus highlights many commendable features of the religion towards women. However, as I said in the first paragraph in this message, we have to make a distinction between what we are ready to accept based on our personal preferences and what is being represented as one scholar's view of a certain matter and expect that they are never going to match like two pieces of jigsaw. As an example, you and I do not agree 100% on everything but it doesnt hinder me from considering your views on things and agreeing with some of them. More imoportantly, we should be able to accept that sometimes religion is not going to coincide with what we want.

There are a few other things that I omitted to mention earlier that may explain why you and I react differently to Qaradawy. For example, you feel strongly about his references to the west and think it is a rhetorical trick. I dont feel the same on this one. You even drew my attention that I may be doing the same thing sometimes. I dont do it as a rhetorical trick and I dont think Qaradawy does it in that way. When we talk about Western criticisms to Islam, we seem to assume that the West is criticising Islamic conventions (as opposed to cultural) in comparison to what the Western style of life stands at today and our replies are built to address this. So I dont think this is a dishonest attitude on Qaradawy's part and I dont take it as offensive.

Also, when a man who grew up in some very conservative village and went on to study religion and continued to live conservatively first discovers oral sex when he is asked about it abroad and then he assumes that it is a Western idea that is being imported into our culture. I dont see how I can blame him for this. In fact, as an Egyptian, I think he might be right. I think if I could travel in time 50 years back I might not find many people in my culture who are oral sex savvy at all.

Again, his comments about women and work...well, I'd like to discuss this with you on a separate thread because I need to talk about it [Smile] However, I may agree with some of what he says and disagree with the rest of it. We have to see that there is a limiting line between what religion decrees and what he expresses as his views. He makes this clear when he speaks or writes so people can take thri pick from what he says. He gives the religious ruling then expresses his opinion. Devout Muslims are not under any obligation to take his opinions but that is why he gives the the riligious ruling separately.

For these reasons, I still hold to my view about him and his publications. And I can also see why some people adore hima and some people wouldnmt mind tearing him to pieces. He, at least, is not worried about disagreement. He finds it quite acceptable and doesnt mind acknowledging that other opinion may be right and he shows it everytime he writes or speaks about anything.

--------------------
Noha

homing pigeon
Member # 8039

quote:
But one thing I don't understand is ... if you admit that he is probably influenced by his culture and upbringing, particularly in his views on sexuality, ......

Aren't there other scholars with a more enlightened view who would be worth listening to or reading?

Unfortunately, no. I dont think there is any of our religious scholars that is not influenced by culture and upbringing, particularly when it comes to sensitive matters like sex and relationships. I would go further to say that it is only very few people in general who are able to transcend the boubdaries of culture and embrace all views in general matters...and even fewer who can take on board an objective cross-cultural view of sexual issues.
homing pigeon
Member # 8039

I searched for Qaradawy's opinion on FGM and found that he doesnt accept it. Here is the link for a new report on a certain conference on the issue. It is in Arabic. Perhaps Google can produce a reasonable translation that gives u the gist of it at least.

http://www.al-sharq.com/DisplayArticle.aspx?xf=2006,November,article_20061124_47&id=belieffaithoasis&sid=

I'll try and translate a few excerpts here:

أكد الدكتور يوسف القرضاوى ان ختان الاناث لم يأت به دليل قاطع على ضرورته، مشيرا الى ان الاحاديث التى جاءت بشأن ختان الاناث كلها ضعيفة ولم يرد نص فقهى يجزم بضرورة ختان

Dr.Yusuf Alqaradawy has confirmed that there is no difinitive religious indication for female circumcision pointing out that the hadiths that have been cited in support of it are all weak (in terms of authenticity) and there is no jurisprudence text that necessitates female circumcision.
وقال العلامة القرضاوى خلال محاضرته التى ألقاها أمس الأول ضمن فعاليات مؤتمر العلماء العالمى الذى تنظمه على مدار يومين دار الافتاء المصرية بالتعاون مع مؤسسة «تارجت» الالمانية الخيرية، ان على العلماء المسلمين ان يضعوا نهاية للجدال الدائر حول عادة ختان الاناث وان تكون هناك بحوث طبية من شأنها تقديم صورة عامة حول المخاطر التى تتعرض لها الفتيات جراء تلك العملية مؤكدا ان رأى الفقيه فى كثير من الامور ينبغى ان يكون مستندا الى رأى العلم مدللا على ذلك برأيه فى التدخين.

Qaradawy said in his lecture...{description of conference organizers}....that Muslim scholars have to put an end to the controversy around the issue of female circumcision by falling back on medical research that highlights the health risks of this procedure. He confrims that the opinion of the religious scholar, in many cases, has to be supported by scientific proof as in the case of smoking, for example.

واوضح القرضاوى ان هناك شبه اجماع من العلماء على جواز عملية ختان الاناث الا ان هذا الجواز يجوز منعه ابعادا للضرر، مؤكدا ان الختان يمثل اعتداء على خلق الله ومحاولة شيطانية لتغيير خلق الله كما انه لايجوز قياس ختان المرأة على ختان الرجل لأن الاستثناء فى ختان الرجل لاينبغى القياس عليه.

Alqaradawy explained that there is almost complete agreement among scholars that female circumcision is allowable {i.e. not prohibited} but this allowance can be suppressed in view of consequent harm. He confirms that circumcision is an assault on the perfection of God's creation and an attempt to change it and that male circumcision is not comparable to female circumcision.

واكد ان حسم القضية موجود فى القرآن والفقه والسنة
والاحكام الشرعية فهو امر ليس «سائبا» وانما له اصوله الفقهية، داعيا علماء المسلمين الى التوحد من اجل الخروج بكلمة واحدة تحسم الخلاف حول تلك القضية التى مازالت مطروحة حتى الآن.
He confirms that it is possible to determine the ruling on this issue from the quran and sunna and that the jurisprudence guidance on it exist and called out to Muslim scholars to unite for the purpose of issuing a final statement on this issue that is still being debated.

The rest of the article goes on to describe the basis on which Qaradawy has built his opinion regarding this issue from quran and sunna in his own words.

So,you see , Dalia....I have a feeling that we are almost talking about a different person. I have never come across opinions from the Qaradawy that can be described as objectionable....although I may disagree with him on a few matters of detail but for the main issues I find him very reasonable.

--------------------
Noha

homing pigeon
Member # 8039

That conference was in 2006 and there is another newspaper interview with him in March 2007 there that says the same thing

http://moheet.com/asp/show_m.asp?pg=13&lc=68&do=1918977

He mentions in this one that he does not support the idea of a legislation against performing FGM and he thinks that educating the public is a much better choice.

Naturally, I can understand where he comes from. When there was a ban on the procedure in Egypt, people still did it in secret and in unhealthy septic conditions which resulted in a lot more complications including severe haemorrage and infections.

However, on his own website he mentions that if medical opinion agrees that FGM is harmful then it would be expedient, from the religious point of view to outlaw it.

http://www.qaradawi.net/site/topics/article.asp?cu_no=2&item_no=4601&version=1&template_id=116&parent_id=114

And his opinion on the ruling on FGM is explained in detail on his own website there:
http://www.qaradawi.net/site/topics/article.asp?cu_no=2&item_no=4609&version=1&template_id=226&parent_id=17

The beautiful thing is that he analyses the sources of Islamic legislation in detail and reasons about each and every one of them in a way that leaves no room for doubt regarding the Islamic view of FGM. It's an article worth translating. I'll search for its transaltion sometime or do it myself.

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Hint to homing

fmg is not female circumcision

( but people/organization/medical brainwashed education say it . this is faulty)

no sane perosn say fgm is allowed

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

homing pigeon
Member # 8039

Batman, I'm a doctor and I know what I'm talking about. Any tampering with female genital organs is FGM whether it is level 1, 2 ,3 or 4

Besides, Qaradawy is talking about it in the Arabic word "khitan" so we dont have to discuss FGM.....any khitan applies to what Qaradawy is saying.... and it would be a good idea to review his reasoning as to why he thinks it isnt Islamic. It's in one of the links up there. Then cross match it with what the other scholars who support (balash FGM) circumcision say and see which one is more convincing.

When you come back to me and say what they usually claim i.e.: there is a certain requirement to what can be described as Islamic circumcision which is limited to removal of a bit of this and a bit of that. I'll tell u as a doctor, the female genital organs are very highly vascular. They will bleed copiously when they are cut and then they will heal with fibrous tissue which will make the remaining structures as good as useless. So your argument about better sensation is totally void. Have you ever had an operation? Did you notice how the sensation changes around the area of the skin incision? This is what happenes for a woman who has circumcision of any type. It's a tiny area and what is left behind changes to fibrous non sensitive tissue like the skin around your operation exactly and touching it feels wiered and uncomfortable.....so I hope this has explained it a little bit

And dont be angry with me for explaining. It's my job. I teach medical students all the time and old habits die hard. [Smile]

--------------------
Noha

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

ختان الانثي في الطب و الاسلام
بين الافراط والتفريط
اعداد / د. امال احمد البشير اخصائية طب المجتمع ( امومة و طفولة)
المقدمة
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم الحمد لله الذي انعم علينا و اكرمنا بالاسلام و الصلاة و السلام علي سيدنا محمد خاتم النبيين , و المبعوث رحمة للعالمين و علي اله و صحبه اجمعين وبعد :
ان الذي دفعني للكتابة في هذا الموضوع المعقد (ختان الانثي في الطب و الاسلام) هو خدمة الاسلام و التقرب الى الله سبحانه و تعالي , و ذلك بالرد علي واحدة من ادق الشبهات التى يروج لها لتشكيك المراة -المسلمة وغير المسلمة - في رحمة الاسلام بها و تكريمه لها , كما كرم اخاها الرجل , قال تعالي: ( ولقد كرمنا بني ادم و حملناهم في البر و البحر و رزقناهم من الطيبات و فضلناهم علي كثير ممن خلقنا تفضيلا ) .1 "سورة الاسراء اية 70
تقول الكاتبة الامريكية ايلين قرونبام (Ellen Gruenbaum) :2 ترجمة من مقال منشور للكاتبة, (انظر المرجع رقم 21)
( يعتبر ختان البنات من العادات الضارة التي يجب التخلص منها لانها تمتهن انسانية المراة و تمثل جزءا من الترتيبات الاجتماعية و الثقافية التى تزيد من خضوع المراة و سيطرة الرجل عليها . فالمراة في المجتمعات المسلمة الاصولية تعتمد اجتماعيا و ماديا علي دورها كزوجة و ام , و لذلك فهي تحرص كل الحرص علي الحصول علي زوج لها ولبناتها , ولا يمكنها الحصول علي هذا الزوج الا اذا حافظت علي عفتها و عفة بناتها بواسطة الختان و لذلك لا يمكن التخلص من عادة الختان الا اذا استقلت المراة اقتصاديا عن الرجل و اتيحت لها فرصة التعليم و العمل خارج المنزل).
كما تعرضت الكاتبة في مقالها لشبهات اخري حول مكانة المراة في الاسلام. فتحدثت عن الارث , و الطلاق , وسن الزواج , وقوامة الرجل , وخضوع المراة في الاسرة , و تعدد الزوجات , و الحجاب و النقاب و ما اسمته بتحديد حركة المراة .
وبعون من الله تعالي قمت فى هذا البحث البسيط بالرد على بعض هذه الشبهات . وقد ركزت على موضوع( ختان الانثي ) لانني لم اعثر على مولف منفرد يناقش هذا الموضوع رغم اهميته 1 (في دراسة اجريت عام 1991 بمنطقة ام شانق , بالسودان وجد ان 99.1 % من الامهات يعزمن علي ختن بناتهن و ان 89.4 % يصررن علي عمل الخفاض الفرعوني "انظر المرجع رقم 19") و رغم ما فيه من تضارب بين اقوال علماء المسلمين و اقوال الاطباء. وقد ادي هذا التضارب الى تفريط بعض الناس و تركهم لختان الانثي نهائيا او افراط البعض الاخر ووقوعهم في الممارسات الخاطئة. فكانت هذه المحاولة المتواضعة لازالة ما قد يبدو من تناقض.
و مما شجعني علي المضي في هذا الموضوع- الذى يمس الحياء- واعطاني بعض الجرأة علي نشره هو قول ام المؤمنيين عائشة رضي الله عنها : (نعم النساء نساء الانصار لم يمنعهن الحياء من ان يتفقهن فى الدين) 2( اخرجه البخاري في كتاب العلم (1/276)باب الحياء في العلم) و قوله تعالي ...و الله لا يستحى من الحق ...) 3 (سورة الاحزاب الاية53 )

تعريف الختان في اللغة و الشرع
جاء في( لسان العرب)1 :لسان العرب المجلد الثالث عشر, ص 137-138
ختن الغلام والجارية يختنهما ختنا. وقيل الختن للرجال و الخفض للنساء. و الختان موضع الختن من الذكر, و موضع القطع من نواة الجارية. كما روي عن النبي صلي الله عليه و سلم(اذا التقي الختانان فقد وجب الغسل)2 اسناده صحيح اخرجه الامام احمد في مسنده (6/161)
ومن هذا التعريف يتضح لنا انه لافرق بين المعنى اللغوى و الشرعي للختان.
حكم الاسلام في ختان الانثي
يقول ابن القيم1:تحفة المودود باحكام المولود,ص115
(لاخلاف فى استحباب الختان للانثي و اختلف في وجوبه).
كما يقول فضيلة الشيخ محمود شلتوت عضو جماعة كبار العلماء2 :نقلا عن كتاب الختان ,لابي بكر عبد الرازق ص87
(الختان شأن قديم ترجع معرفة الناس به الي عهد ابراهيم عليه السلام و كانوا يختنون الذكور و الاناث, وقد رويت فيه عن النبي صلي اله عليه وسلم عدة احاديث اتفق المحدثون علي صحة بعضها ,و ضعف البعض الاخر, فما اتفق عليه قول النبي صلي الله عليه وسلم: (خمس من الفطرة : الختان و الاستحداد و قص الشارب و تقليم الاظافر و نتف الابط)3 اسناده صحيح اخرجه البخاري(7/206),و مسلم(3/146) ومما ناله تضعيف المحدثين:حديث (الختان سنة في الرجال مكرمة فى النساء)4 اسناده ضعيف اخرجه الامام احمد في مسنده(5/75) , و قوله صلي الله عليه و سلم للمراة التي تختن الاناث أشمى ولا تنهكى فانه احظى للزوج واسري للوجه)5 اسناده ضعيف,اخرجه الامام احمد فى مسنده(6/433) . وامام هذه الاحاديث اختلف الفقهاء فى حكم الختان , شانهم في كل ما لم يرد فيه نص صريح قاطع . فراي الشافعية انه واجب في الذكور و الاناث , ووافقهم الحنابلة على الوجوب في الذكور فقط , وراى الحنفية و المالكية انه سنة سنة في الذكور و مكرمة في الاناث , وقد قال الامام الشوكانى : (و الحق انه لم يقم دليل صحيح يدل علي الوجوب , و المتيقن السنية , كما في حديث-خمس من الفطرة -ونحوه,و الواجب الوقوف على المتيقن الى ان يقوم ما يوجب الانتقال عنه). و من هنا يتبين ان الادلة لا تعطي اكثر من ان الختان سنة , وقد كان العموم فى حديث السنية الصحيح وهو(خمس من الفطرة)يقضى بالمساواة بين الذكر و الانثي فى سنية الختان, ولكن كثيرا من المذاهب راى انه مكرمة فى الاناث و سنة فى الذكور)).
و سنوضح من خلال هذا البحث اننا نرجح الراى الذى يقول بالمساواة بين الذكر والانثي فى سنية الختان.
الجهاز التناسلى للمراة
تتكون اعضاء المراة التناسلية من اجزاء داخلية و اخرى خارجية.
الاجزاء الداخلية:
وهذه تشمل : المبيضان و الرحم وقناتا الرحم و المهبل(vagina) و يحازى المهبل من الامام قتاة مجرى البول(urethra) و من الخلف المستقيم(rectum).
2 . الاجزاء الخارجية :
يبين الشكل ادناه الاجزاء الخارجية للجهاز التناسلي للانثي و تشمل فتحة المهبل (او الفرج) (vaginal opening) و يغطيها غشاء البكارة قبل الزواج و توجد فوقها فتحة قناة مجرى البول (urethral meatus) بينما يوجد الشرج(anus) تحت فتحة المهبل . و يوجد الشفران الصغيران و الكبيران على جانبى فتحة المهبل و فتحة مجري البول. ويقع البظر (clitoris) عند التقاء الشفرين الصغيرين فوق فتحة قناة مجري البول. و البظر عضو انتصابى صغير يقابل القضيب (penis) عند الرجل. و طرف ( او حشفة ) البظر (glans of clitoris) حساس جدا للمس كحشفة القضيب (glans of penis) و تغطى حشفة البظر حلدة تسمي القلفة (prepuce or preputium) تماما كما تغطي حشفة القضيب قلفة و تسمى قلفة البظر عذرة (perputium clitoridis)11ما غلفة القضيب فتسمي غرلة (perputium penis) و لقلفة البظر نفس عيوب القلفة في الرجل, اذ تتجمع فيها الافرازات (smegma clitoridis)2" انظر المرجع رقم 22 ص 1297" ( 1 انظر المرجع رقم 20 ص 348 و رقم 22 ص 1135 ) و تنمو الميكروبات.
وبعد هذا الشرح المبسط للاعضاء الخارجية للانثي علينا ان نتامل جدوى نزع او ازالة ما يسمى بالعذرة او القلفة التى تغطى حشفة البظر في الانثي.
طرق الختان فى الانثي

يمارس ختان الانثي في مناطق كثيرة من العالم و بطرق مختلفة. جميع هذة الطرق يضر بصحة المراة , عدا طريقة و احدة ذكرها كثير من علماء المسلمين وقليل من الاطباء.1

. الطريقة الصحيحة ( الختان الشرعي او السني)

يقول ابن القيم 1(تحفة المودود باحكام المولود ص 113-114)
( عرف ابن الصباغ في الشامل الختان فقال : ( الواجب علي الرجل ان يقطع الجلدة التى على الحشفة حتى تنكشف جميعها . اما المراة فلها عذرة كعرف الديك فى اعلى الفرج بين الشفرين تقطع و يبقى اصلها كالنواة ) و قال الماوردي : ( و اما خفض المراة فهو قطع جلدة فى الفرج فوق مدخل الذكر و مخرج البول على اصل كالنواة و يؤخذ منه الجلدة المستعلية دون اصلها))
وسئل شيخ الاسلام ابن تيمية عن المراة هل تختن ام لا؟2(مجموع فتاوى الشيخ ابن تيمية, المجلد 21 ص114) فأجاب : (( نعم , وختانها ان تقطع اعلى الجلدة التى كعرف الديك, قال رسول الله صلي الله عليه و سلم -للخافضة-و هى الخاتنة-: ( اشمي ولا تنهكي , فانه ابهي للوجه و احظي لها عند الزوج.)))
كما يقول الدكتور محمد على البار ( مستشار الطب الاسلامي فى مركز الملك فهد للبحوث الاسلامية بجدة)3 الامراض الجنسية ص 417
( الختان هو اخذ القلفة التى تكون على القضيب او الغشاء الذى يكون على بظر الانثي)
و ذكر الدكتور حامد رشوان 1(اسباب محاربة الخفاض فى السودان د.عبد السلام و د. امنة و اخرون) اخصائي النساء و الولادة ان خفاض السنة يعنى قطع الجلدة ام القلفة التى تغطى البظر.
و جاء فى كتاب( العادات التى تؤثر على صحة النساء و الاطفال) 2 انظر المرجع رقم 23 ) الذى صدر عن منظمة الصحة العالمية عام 1979م ما ياتى: (( ان الخفاض الاصلي للاناث : " circumcision proper" هو الاستيصال الدائري لقلفة البظر وهو شبيه بختان الذكور و يعرف فى الاقطار الاسلامية بخفاض السنة ... وهذا النوع لم تذكر له اي اثار ضارة على الصحة...))
و بالمقارنة بين اقوال هؤلاء العلماء و الاطباء و ما وضحناه سابقا من الاجزاء الخارجية للجهاز التناسلي للمراة يتبين لنا ان المقصود بالجلدة و العذرة و الغشاء هو قلفة البظر. اما النواة فتعني حشفة البظر.
و معنى هذا ان ختان السنة (اي الختان الشرعي) يعنى قطع قلفة البظر فقط وترك الحشفة مكشوفة لتسهل نظافتها, و لكي تعطي المراة حقها الكامل فى التمتع بالمعاشرة الزوجية-كما وضحنا فى هذا البحث- (انظر ص 22-27), واى زيادة فى ذلك (سواء كانت من البظر او من الشفرين الصغيرين او الكبيرين) تكون مخالفة لختان السنة و تضر بصحةالمراة ولا تنفعها. و قد اوصانا المصطفى صلي الله عليه و سلم بالنساء خيرا حيث قال فى حجة الوداع (استوصوا بالنساء خيرا...).
و يمكن ان نترجم ختان الانثي الى اللغة الانجليزية ب(prepucectommy = قطع القلفة) 1 وهذه تعني الختان الذى شرعه الاسلام للمراة و الرجل على السواء)) و ليس (clitoridectomy = قطع كل البظر )2 انظر المرجع رقم 20 ص92)) او (clitoridotomy = قطع جزء من البظر )3 نفس المرجع و الصفحة)) كما هو معروف و متناقل فى المتب و ينسبه البعض الى الاسلام.

تنبيه:
هنالك خطأ يقع فيه كثير ممن يمارس الختان الشرعي للانثي (اي قطع قلفة البظر فقط) وهو انه بعد قطع القلفة يلصق جانبا الجلد المقطوع مما يؤدى الى تغطية البظر مرة اخرى. و الصحيح هو ان يكون القطع دائريا و الخياطة دائرية ذلك اذا احتجنا لها لوقف نزيف الدم من بعض الشعيرات الدموية (تماما كما نفعل فى ختان الرجل).مع ملاحظة ان قلفة البظر تغطى فقط السطح الامامى للحشفة.2

. الطرق الخاطئة و منها : 4

(القطع من البظر يكون معه بالضرورة قطع للقلفة التى تغطيه)
" الختان الفرعونى : (يقطع البظر4 , الشفرين الصغيرين وكل او جزء كبير من الشفرين الكبيرين و يضم الجرح ليلتصق و يترك ثقب صغير ليخرج البول و دم الحيض )5 اسباب محاربة الخفاض في السودان ,د.عبد السلام و د. امنة, واخرون ))
" الطهور الجديد او المتوسط : ( وهو درجات متفاوتة و يعمل حسب الرغبة . وفى كل الدرجات يبتر البظر (clitoridectomy) و جزء من الشفرين الصغيرين و يخاط الجانبان )6 نفس المرجع)) وقد نبهت بعض الطبيبات الى ان خياطة الشفرين بعضهما مع بعض و التصاق الجانبين , يؤدي الى تغطية فتحة مجري البول و يخلق فراغا داخليا تتجمع فيه الاوساخ و تصعب نظافته . كذلك تصعب الطهارة من البول لاداء الصلاة و العبادات الاخري , فقد يقع بذلك الاثم على من يقوم بهذه العملية و على من يطلب عملها , والله اعلم. كما ان الثقب الصغير الذى يترك يسبب معاناة نفسية و جسدية للمراة و الرجل بداية حياتهما الزوجية .
" قطع جزء من البظر (clitoridotomy):
وهذا يحدث فى بعض البلاد الاسلامية التى يمارس فيها ختان الانثي ظنا منهم ان هذه هى الطريقة الصحيحة لختان السنة.
يقول الدكتور حامد الغوابى1 نقلا عن كتاب الختان لابى بكر عبد الرازق ص50) : ( اخر ما راه الطب خاصة فى مؤتمر الطب الاسلامي هو ان عملية الختان ان لا يقطع البظرمن جذوره بل يقطع جزء منه فتقطع الحشفة و جزء من العضو , و هذا الجزء الاعلى هو ذو الحساسية الشديدة , ثم يبقى جزء منه توجد فيه ايضا الحساسية و لكن بدرجة اقل ).
" اما الدكتور محمد على البار فقد ذكر الطريقة الصحيحة لختان السنة في المراة , في كتابه (الامراض الجنسية-ص14 ) , الا انه عدل عن ذلك في كتابه (خلق الانسان بين الطب و الاسلام-ص33 ) حيث قال: ( و الختان فى النساء سنة و يقطع شئ من البظر).
اقول : ان هذه الطريقة مخالفة للسنة كما شرحنا سابقا و تؤدى الى ضرر بالمراة.(لا ضرر ولا ضرار) .

" قطع جزء من القلفة:
قال الشيخ منصور بن يونس البهوتى2 نقلا عن كتاب سنن الفطرة, للامين محمد احمد ص 42) : ( ويجب ختان الانثي باخذ جلدة فوق محل الايلاج تشبه عرف الديك , و يستحب الا تؤخذ كلها نصا لحديث (اخفضي ولا تنهكي) . للزوج جبر زوجته المسلمة عليه).
قلت : كلمة جلدة هنا لها ثلاثة احتمالات :
الاحتمال الاول هو : انها استعملت لتعنى البظر مع قلفته و قصد بعدم اخذ الجلدة كلها و قطع بعضها اى قطع القلفة فقط و ترك البظر , كما في الختان الشرعي للانثي.
اما الاحتمال الثانى فهو : ان يكون المقصود بالجلدة هو قلفة البظر فيكون المعني هو اخذ بعض القلفة , فيكون ذلك مخالفا لطريقة ختان الانثي الذي شرعه الاسلام وهو قطع كل الجلدة (القلفة) و ترك اصلها (حشفة البظر) مكشوفا تماما فتتحقق بذلك الحكمة من الختان.
الاحتمال الثالث هو : ان يكون المقصود بالجلدة هو البظر فيكون المعني هو اخذ بعض البظر و هذا ايضا مخالفا للختان الشرعى للانثي .
" ومن الممارسات الخاطئة كذلك : اعادة عملية الختان بعد الزواج و الولادة -على الاخص-ظنا منهم ان ذلك سيجعل المراة كالبكر 1 يعرف ذلك في السودان بالعدلة), وقد اخبرنا القران الكريم ان الله سبحانه وتعالي هو وحده القادر علي اعادة الزوجة بكرا , مكافاة لزوجها في الجنة , قال تعالي (انا انشاناهن انشاء فجعلناهن ابكارا عربا اترابا لاصحاب اليمين)2 الواقعة الايات(35-38) فلا داعي اذن لتعذيب المراة فى الدنيا بالعمليات الجراحية المتكررة و بالالم عند المعاشرة الزوجية , وتعذيبها في الاخرة بعدم صحة طهارتها وعبادتها 3 انظر ص 19), ولاطاعة لمخلوق في معصية الخالق.
نسال الله تعالي ان يهدينا لما فيه سعادة الدنيا و الاخرة لعباده ..امين.

موانع ختان الانثي و مضاعفاته
ان ختان الانثي الذى شرعه الاسلام عملية جراحية بسيطة و مأمونة اذا ما اجريت من قبل طبيبة او قابلة خبيرة و مدربة و كانت الادوات معقمة .ومضاعفاته نادرة جدا لا تتعدى مضاعفات العمليات البسيطة الاخري كحدوث نزف بسيط يسهل علاجه او التهاب خفيف . يقول الدكتور شوين 1 نقلا عن كتاب اسرار الختان,د.حسان شمسي باشا ص 63 ): (ان فوائد الختان الروتينى عند الوليدين كوسيلة صحية ووقائية تفوق كل المخاطر المزعومة للختان).
اما موانع ختان الانثي فهي مطابقة للموانع التي ذكرت بالنسبة لختان الذكر . يقول ابن القيم: 2 تحفة المودود باحكام المولود ,ص118-120) (يسقط وجوب الختان بعدة امور منها : ان يولد الرجل و لا قلفة له .ان يسلم الرجل كبيرا ويجاف على نفسه منه .كما يسقط بالموت , ولا يقاس بحلق العانة و نتف الابط و قص الشارب للميت)
ويقول د. حسان شمسي باشا 3 المرجع السابق ص64 (يجب الا يجري الختان عند طفل مريض غير مستقر .و عند طفل مصاب بتشوهات خلقية في الاعضاء التناسلية . كما يجب ان تجري الفحوصات المناسبة عند الوليد اذا كانت هناك قصة امراض دموية (كقصة نزف دموي) في العائلة))
و من اهم موانع ختان الانثي كذلك عدم وجود خاتنة خبيرة و مدربة على الختان الشرعي (السنة) , فيمكن في هذه الحالة تأجيل ختان البنت الى حين وجود مثل هذه الخاتنة ذلك لان ضرر الختان الخاطئ اكبر من ضرر التاجيل . ويمكن ازالة قلفة البظر كعملية جراحية عادية فى اى مرحلة من مراحل عمر الفتاة.4 (يمكن انلا يذكر لفظ الختان فى هذه الحالة حتي لا يكون هنالك حرج للفتاة اذا كبر سنها.)
الحكمة من مشروعية ختان الانثي
يقول ابن القيم1 (تحفة المودود باحكام المولود ص109-112) :
( الختان من محاسن الشرائع التى شرعها الله تعالى لعباده ... وهو علم للدخول في ملة ابراهيم .و هذا موافق لتأويل من تأول قوله تعالي : ( صبغة الله ومن احسن من الله صبغة ونحن له عابدون) 2 البقرة138 علي الختان . و المقصود ان صبغة الله هى الحنيفية التى صبغت القلوب بمعرفة الله تعالي و محبته و الاخلاص له و عبادته و حده لا شريك له , و صبغت الابدان بخصال الفطرة من الختان و قص الشارب و تقليم الاظافر و الاستحداد و نتف الابط و المضمضة والاستنشاق والسواك و الاستنجاء , فظهرت فطرة الله علي قلوب الحنفاء و ابدانهم فيعرف الناس ان من كان كذلك فهو من عبيد الله الحنفاء فيكون ذلك علما لهذه النسبة التى لا اشرف منها .. وقد كانت هذه الخصال من الفطرة لان الفطرة هى الحنيفية ملة ابراهيم , و خصال الفطرة من الكلمات التى ابتلى الله تعالي بهن ابراهيم(عليه السلام) ...فلما اتمهن جعله اماما للناس ...و قد اشتركت خصال الفطرة في الطهارة و النظافة و التزيين واخذ الفضلات المستقذرة التى يالفها الشيطان ويجاورها من بنى ادم ...هذا مع ما في الختان منتعديل للشهوة التى اذا افرطت الحقت الانسان بالحيوانات , وان عدمت بالكلية الحقته بالجمادات . و لهذا تجد الاقلف من الرجال و القلفاء من النساء لا يشبع من الجماع 3))الجماع فى الاسلام يقصد به المعاشرة الزوجية بعد العقد الشرعي).
وقد اشار الامام ابن القيم الى سبب عدم شبع الاقلف من الجماع ,عند حديثه عن الحكمة التى لاجلها يعاد بنو ادم غرلا 4 قلفا ) حيث قال ( وعد الله سبحانه وتعالى انه يعيد الخلق كما بداهم اول مرة من تمام اعضائهم قال تعالي(كما بداكم تعودون)1 الاعراف 29 ,فان الختان انما شرع في الدنيا لتكميل الطهارة و التنزه من البول , واهل الجنة لا يبولون ولا يتغوطون , فليس هنالك نجاسة تصيب الغرلة . كما ان القلفة في الجنة لا تمنع لذة الجماع و لا تعوقه))2 نفس المرجع ص125 .
و قد اتفق هذا التفسير مع ما جاءفي كتاب (العادات التى تؤثر على صحة النساء و الاطفال)3 انظر المرجع رقم 23 و الذي ذكر فيه :
((ان الخفاض الاصلي للاناث :circumcision proper يمارس ايضا في بعض الاحيان فى الولايات المتحدة الامريكية لمعالجة عدم حدوث هزة الجماع orgasmعند المراة فى حالة زيادة قلفة البظر او ضيقها...))
و لتوضيح ذلك اكثر اقول : ان الاقلف لا يشبع من الجماع ذلك لان العضو الحساس منه , وهو حشفة القضيب او البظر , قد غطي بالقلفة و هى جلد اقل حساسية يمنع الاحساس بالمتعة الكاملة , فيبقي الاقلف من الرجال و النساء فى بحث متواصل لاشباع رغبته لهذا السبب. وهنا يمكن القول ان خفاض السنة يحقق للمراة اكتمال متعة المعاشرة الزوجية مما يدخل السرور فى نفسها فيزداد بهاء وجهها و يسعد زوجها , وقد بدا لي هذا الفهم من قول الرسول صلي الله عليه و سلم لام عطية رضي الله عنها : (اشمي و لا تنهكي فانه احظي للزوج و اسري للوجه)4اسناده ضعيف ,اخرجه الامام احمدفى مسنده(6/433) .. و الله اعلم.
فوائد ختان الانثي
يقول فضيلة الاستاذ محمد محمد اللبان
1: (نقلاعن كتاب الختان لابي بكر عبد الرازق ص85 (( فى ختان الانثي تزال تلك الزائدة التى تمنع من وصول المياه المطهرة الي الداخل فيصعب نقاء دقاء الحيض و البول مما يؤدي الى الروائح الكريهة) )2و لهذا فان كثير من المسلمين يطلقون علي عملية الختان الطهارة او الطهور )
كما قدم الدكتور البار الى المجمع الفقهي برابطة العالم الاسلامي بمكة المكرمة بحثا جاء فيه3نقلا عن كتاب اسرار الختان د .حسان شمسي باشا ص100
: (( ان ختان الانثي او خفضا الذى ورد فى لسنة له محاسن كثيرة ذكرها الباحثون فى المؤتمر الطبي الاسلامي عن (الشريعة القضايا الطبية المعاصرة).هذه الفوائد يمكن ان نجملها فيما يلى :
" ذهاب الغلمة والشبق 4 (الغلمة و الشبق تعنى شدة الشهوة و الانشغال بها و الافرط فيها و ذهابهما يعنى تعديل الشهوة)عن المختونين من الرجال و النساء
" منع الالتهابات نتيجة تجمع اللخن 5 (افرازات دهنية تتجمع تحت القلفة عند غير المختونين من الذكور و الاناث) {smegma}و الميكروبات تحت قلفة الذكور و الاناث.
" انخفاض حدوث السرطان لدى الذكور و الاناث من المختونين.
" ان الاصابة بالهربس التناسلي {Genital Herpes } و القرحة الرخوة {chancroid} و الورم المغبني {Granuloma Inguinale} تكون اقل حدة عند المختونين من الرجال و النساء على سواء.((كما يقول الدكتور صبري القبانى في كتابه "حياتن الجنسية" و في الختان بعض الفوائد نذكر منها:
" بقطع القلفة يتخلص المرء من الافرازات الدهنية المقززة للنفس , و يحال دون امكان الانتان و الالتهابات.
" يخفف الختان من كثرة استعمال العادة السرية لدي البالغين لان افرازات القلفة تثير الاعصاب التناسلية حول الحشفة و تدعو المراهق الى حكها و الاستزادة من مداعبة عضوه)) 1 نقلا عن كتاب تربية الاولاد فى الاسلام ص116 ) و قد اشير الى هذا المعنى في جريدة الانقاذ الوطني 2 الخرطوم -2جمادي الاجرة 1415ه -5 نوفمبر 1994 العدد (1732) فى موضوع تحت عنوان (طبيبة امريكية تطالب بختان البنات) جاء فيه (( حذرت الطبيبة الامريكية اي-بي-لوري فى كتاب اصدرته متضمنا خبرتها الطويلة فى مجال التعامل مع الاناث -من عدم ختان البنات. قالت فى كتابها و عنوانه (Herself اي نفسها) , ان عذرة3 (عذرة هنا ربما قصد بها ترجمة لكلمة {clitoris} التى تعنى البظر. و كما ذكرنا فان قلفة الانثي هي التى تسمي عذرة "انظر ص15" ) الانثي بها قلفة امامية صغيرة مطوية فوقها لحماية نهايتها الحساسة , واحيانا ما تكون هذه القلفة معقوفة لاسفل بشدة -فبدلا من ان تكون وقاية فانها تكون مصدر للتهيج ,لان الافرازات الطبيعية تحتجز تحتها -وكم من امراة كانت عصبية طوال حياتها بسبب قلفة معقوفة , وهو ما يمكن تصحيحه بعملية فى منتهى البساطة. و اشارت الطبيبة الى ان العلاج يكون احيانا بالتربية -ولكن الختان المبكر فى سن الطفولة للبنت يكون علاجا مؤكدا -و قالت :ان القلفة المعقوفة ينتج عنها تهيج دائم يعود الى ممارسات مؤذية للفتاة وقد يفضي الى ممارسات شاذة وله صلة بالحياة غير السوية لبعض البنات.
وتقول مجلة اللانست البريطانية 1(نقلا عن كتاب اسرار الختان ,د. حسان شمسي باشا ص40 ) في مقال نشر عام 1989م : ((ان ختان الاطفال فى الفترة الاولى من العمر يمكن ان يخفض نسبة التهاب المجاري البولية عند الاطفال بنسبة 90% وتؤكد الدراسات التى اجريت فى هذا المجال ان الاعضاء الجنسية عند الذكور هى عامل هام -كما هى عند الاناث -في احداث التهابات المجاري البولية و الكليتين.ووجد ان هذه الالتهابات-بما قد تسببه من مضاعفات {complications} -يمكن منعه باستئصال قطعة جلدية صغيرة و سليمة هى القلفة)).
وقد ثبت ان في اللخن {smegma} مادة تسبب السرطان و اشارت الدراسات الحديثة الى ان هذه المادة هى فيروس يدعى papillovirus . وقد تمكن الباحثون من عزل هذا الفيروس من المرضي المصابين بسرطان القضيب ومن المصابات بسرطان الفرج وسرطان عنق الرحم . ومن العوامل المهيئة كذلك لحدوث السرطان التهاب الحشفة {Balanitis} و تضيق القلفة{phimosis} وهذه تحدث من احتباس اللخن خلف القلفة2.(نفس المرجع ص42-44) وبالرجوع لاقوال هؤلاء العلماء والاطباء 3 انظر ص22-26,نلاحظ ان فوائد ختان الانثي قد انحصرت في فائدتين ,مطابقتين لفوائد ختان الذكر,هما:
1. النظافة:
فبعد قطع قلفة البظر تسهل النظافة من الافرازات الطبيعية ومن دماء الحيض و البول, وهذا مهم لاكتمال طهارة المراة المسلمة لاداء عبادتها ,قال رسول الله صلي الله عليه وسلم (الطهور شطر الايمان)1"صحيح مسلم ج1,كتاب الطهارة,بابفضل الوضوء,ص203 "كما ان النظافة تقي المراة من كثير من الامراض العضوية والنفسية.
2. تعديل الشهوة وتقليل الانشغال بها,ويكون ذلك بطريقتين:
" ازالة قلفة البظر التى تقلل من متعة الجماع فتكتمل اللذة ويحدث الشبع الذي يقلل من الانشغال بهذه الشهوة والافراط فيها.ويكون ذلك للمتزوجات.
" كذلك فان ازالة قلفة البظر يمنع احتجاز الافرازات الطبيعية تحتها وبذلك يزول سبب الاثارة المتكررة للاعصاب التناسلية حول الحشفة , مما يقلل الحك و التهيج. وتشترك فى ذلك المتزوجات و غيرهن من النساء.

والذي بدا لى بعد هذا البحث البسيط هو ان الفوائد جميعها متساوية 2(يعتقد البعض ان مرور مجري البول خلال القلفة يزيد من اهمية الختان فى الذكورولكن وجود دم الحيض ربما زاد كذلك من احتمال تلوث و التهاب القلفةفي الانثي) بالنسبة للختان فى الذكر و الانثي .ولهذا يمكننا ترجيح ما ذكره الشيخ محمود شلتوت3 (انظر ص13) من ان العموم فى حديث السنى الصحيح (خمس من الفطرة)يقضي بالمساواة بين الذكر و الانثي فى سنية الختان..والله اعلم.]
اراء خاطئة عن الحكمة من ختان الانثي
و الرد عليها

هنالك خطأ غير مقصود وقع فيه كثير ممن تحدث عن الحكمة من مشروعية ختان الانثي, حيث انهم قالوا انه مكرمة لها لانه يمنع عنها الدوافع التى تثير الرغبة الجنسية لديها مما يؤدي الى المحافظة على العفة و الشرف ومن امثلة هذه الاراء ما ياتى:
يقول الدكتور محمد نزار الدقر و الدكتور محمد وليد في مقال بعنوان (الختان بين الطب و الاسلام)1 نقلا عن كتاب اسرار الختان ,د.حسان شمسي باشا ص93 :
(تتضح الحكمة الصحية من الختان عند الرجال اكثر منها عند النساء ,و نستطيع ان نقول انه فى البلاد ذات الطقس الحار كما فى السودان و غيرها من المناطق الافريقية وفى مصر و الجزيرة العربية فانه يغلب ان يكون للنساء بظر نام مما يزيد فى الشهوة الجنسية لدى احتكاكه بما جاوره من بدن وثياب اثناء المشي ,وقد يكون شديد النمو الى درجة يستحيل معها الجماع ومن هذا وجب استئصال مقدم البظر فى مثل هذه الظروف لتعديل الشهوة و لجعل الجماع ممكنا فى الحالة الثانية).
وقال ابن الحاج فى المدخل2 نقلا عن كتاب سنن الفطرة, الامين محمد احمد ص43 (واختلف فى حقهن هل يخفضن مطلقا او يفرق بين اهل المشرق واهل المغرب ؟ فأهل المشرق يؤمرن به لوجود الفضلة عندهن من اصل الخلقة ,واهل المغرب لا يؤمرن به لعدمها عندهن .وذلك راجع الى مقتضي التعليل فيمن ولد مختونا فكذلك هنا سواء بسواء).
كما يقول محمد ابراهيم رئيس المحكمة العليا الشرعية1: نقلا عن كتاب الختان لابي بكر عبد الرازق ص 81
( ختان البنات عادة قديمة من عادات العرب توارثوها عن ابائهم و اجدادهم من اقدم العصور .وقد جاء الاسلام واقر هذه العادة لما فيها من الخير و المصلحة للمراة نفسها و للمجتمع .وهذا الختان الذى اعتبرته الشريعة الاسلامية مكرمة هو ازالة الجزء البارز من البظر المرتفع عن البشرة لينخفض الى مستواها حتى لا يكون عرضة للتهيج من الحركة او الملابس او ركوب الدواب او نحو ذلك.وقد اجمع الفقهاء على استحسان ختان البنات لما فيه من الحفظ و الصيانة من التعرض للالتهابات العضوية و التضخم فى اجهزة التناسل الظاهرية, والانفعالات النفسية ,واثارة الغريزة الجنسية, التى تؤدى الى الالتهاب العصبى فى حالة كبتها, او الى السقوط فى مهاوى الرذيلة اذا اطلقت من عقالها, خاصة فى سن الشباب ونشاط الغدة التناسلية. ولا شك فى ان ختان البنت على هذا الوجه-ازالة الجزء البارز فقط وابقاء الجزء الكامن- يكسبها صحة فى الجسم,وجملا فى الانوثة,وصيانة فى الخلق, ومناعة فى العفة و الشرف,مع الابقاء على الحساسية الجنسية بالقدر المناسب الذى لا شطط فيه ).
ويقول الدكتور محمد علي البار2: خلق الانسان بين الطب و الاسلام,ص45-46 (البظر حساس جدا للمس كالحشفة تماما وهو مما يزيد الغلمة و الشبق 3 انظر هامش (4)ص24 و لذا جاء فى الحديث الخفض منه قليلا وفي نفس الوقت على الخاتنة ان تشم ولا تنهك فان ذلك احظي للمراة عند زوجها وادعى الاتصاب بالبرود الجنسي. كما ان الاخذ منه ادعى لتقليل الغلمة و الشبق و دواعى الزنا.. وخاصة اذا لم يقدر للمراة ان تتزوج ..او تايمت بعد زواج بموت او طلاق).
ونرد على الاراء الاربعة بلاتى :

" مما ذكرنا سابقا (انظر صفحة 22-27) فان الحكمة الصحية لختان الانثي قد وضحت -ولله الحمد-كوضوحها عند الرجال.
" هنالك حالات نادرة جدا(كما فىالذكر) تولد فيها الانثي و هى مختونة (اى ليس لها قلفة تغطي البظر)وهذه الحالات تحددها الطبيبة او الخاتنة المدربة قبل اتخاذ قرار عمل الختان للانثي.
" ان وجود بظر نام لا علاقة له بالمناطق الحارة و ربما كانت هنالك حالات مرضية او خلقية, وكذلك الحال بالنسبة للتضخم فى اجهزة التناسل الظاهرية, وهذه الحالات تعالج بعد تشخيص كل حالة على حدة ,و لاعلاقة لذلك بختان الانثي .
" ان الفضلة الزائدة التى تكون محلا للختان فى الانثي هي قلفة البظر وهى موجودة فى كل نساء العالم ولا فرق بين اهل المشرق و اهل المغرب في ذلك.و القلفة عبارة عن جلدة فقط, وقطعها لا يؤدى الى تقليل الرغبة الجنسية للمراة.
" بالرغم من ان الدكتور البار قد اشار الى الحكمة الصحيحة لختان الانثي,حيث قال 1 نفس المرجع ص33 بقاء القلفة يزيد الغلمة و الشبق فى الرجال و النساء ),كما انه قد ذكر ان موضع الختان فى الانثي هو قلفة البظر (انظرص16 ). الا انه قد عاد وفسر الخفض بقطع جزء من البظر, ولم يذكر قطع قلفة البظر فقط التى-كما اشار هو نفسه-هى موضع الختان وهى السبب فى زيادة الشهوة والافراط فيها.
اما قول الدكتور البار (وخاصة اذا لم يقدر للمراة ان تتزوج او تايمت بعد زواج بموت او طلاق), فان هذا قد يحدث للذكور كذلك, ورغم ان صيانة الخلق و العفة مطلوبة من كل افراد المجتمع المسلم, فاننا لانجد احدا يقول ان قطع حشفة القضيب هو واحد من اسباب العفة فى الذكور, لان هذا السبب لا يمكن التخلص منه بعد الاحصان بالزواج وزوال الحاجة اليه كذلك لا يمكن ان نقول ان قطع جزء من البظر (الحشفة) هو واحد من اسباب العفة فى المراة.الاسلام قد كفل حق التمتع بنعمة المعاشرة الزوجية لكل فرد ذكرا كان او انثي بعد النكاح الشرعي ويشير ابن قيم الجوزية الى حق المراة على الزوج فى الوطء ويقول: قال تعالي : (ومن اياته ان خلق لكم من انفسكم ازواجا لتسكنوا اليها وجعل بينكم مودة و رحمة ان فى ذلك لايات لقوم يتفكرون)3 سورة الروم الاية21 ( اما الجماع فكان هديه صلي الله عليه وسلم فيه اكمل هدى, يحصل به مقاصده التى وضع لاجلها. من هذه المقاصد حفظ النسل, وحفظ الصحة, ونيل اللذة, و التمتع بالنعمة, و غض البصر, و القدرة على العفة من الحرام, وتحصيل ذلك للمراة, فالزوج ينفع نفسه فى دنياه و اخراه, و ينفع الزوجة و مما ينبغى تقديمه على الجماع ملاعبة المراة و تقبيلها, وكان الرسول صلي الله عليه و سلم يفعل ذلك مع اهله)4الطب النبوى,ابن قيم الجوزية ص249 .
هذا هو راى الاسلام فى الحياة الزوجية, ولا يمكن ان نقول ان تقليل الدافع الجنسي بين الزوجين فيه صحة للجسم, ام مناعة فى العفة و الشرف. ان دواعى واسباب الاحصان والعفة فى المجتمع المسلم قد فصلها علماء المسلمين و الذى قصده العلماء هو قطع قلفة البظر فقط ...و الله اعلم.
دواعي الاحصان و العفة فى
المجتمع المسلم
لما كان الحديث عن ختان الانثي لا يتاتى الا و معه نقاش عن عفة المجتمع, كان لابد من ذكر بعض ما قاله علماء المسلمين عن دواعى و اسباب الاحصان و العفة فى المجتمع المسلم.
علقت الدكتورة نائلة مبارك كركساوى عن مقال الكاتبة ايلين قرونبام (انظر ص 9) قائلة: ((المنطق يقول (استنادا الى قول الكاتبة), الختان يحفظ للمراة عفتها , وفي تلك الناطق الاصولية فان العفيفة تستطيع ان تحصل على زوج (فهى تعتمد عليه اقتصاديا) اما اذا استقلت اقتصاديا فلا تحتاج للرجل( يعنى كزوج) و بالتالي يمكنها ان تتخلى عن الختان (اى عن عفتها), وهنا تطفح الفكرة الشيطانية الخبيثة, فلاصل ليس انسانية المراة ولا حوجتها الاقتصادية و لا حوجتها للرجل كزوج ولا حتى الختان ولكن المطلوب هو حرية الممارسات الجنسية و النيل من التعليمات الاسلامية))
ان الاسلام قد حرم الزنا على الذكور و الاناث قال تعالى : (الزانية و الزاني فاجلدوا كل واحد منهما مائة جلدةولا تاخذكم بهما رافة فى دين الله..)1 سورة النور الاية2 والاصل فى المجتمع المسلم هو الزواج والاحصان, فليس هنالك كبت كما يزعم اعداء الاسلام بل يجب ازالة مل العقبات التى تمون سببا فى تاخير الزواج بالنسبة للنساء و الرجال. اما الحالات النادرة التى يتعذر فيها الزواج فتكون فيها المحافظة على العفة و تعديل الشهوة و البعد عن الزنى بالوسائل الاتية:
" الايمان الصادق وتقوى الله , قال صلي الله عليه وسلم: (لايبلغ العبد ان يكون من المتقين حتى يترك ما لا باس به حذرا مما به باس)1 رواه ابن ماجة,المجلد الثاني ص567 . ومن اسباب التقوى كذلك معرفة مداخل و مكايد الشيطان2 قال تعالي في سورة الاعراف, الاية201 ان الذين اتقو اذا مسهم طائف من الشيطان تذكروا فاذا هم مبصرون).و الوقاية منها بقراءة القران و التحصينات الماثؤرة عن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلمو المحافظة على الصلوات و الطاعات الاخرى و البعد عن المعاصى.
" الاهتمام بالعلم الشرعي, و معرفة ان النعم التى تفوتنا فى هذه الحياة الدنيا الفانية, سنجدها-اذا صبرنا والتزمنا بالاسلام-فى الجنة حيث النعيم الدائم باذن الله.
" الصوم. قال رسول الله صلي الله عليه و سلم3*: اخرجه البخارى,(9/106) (يا معشر الشباب من استطاع منكم الباءة 4* الباءة كناية عن النكاح, واصلها المكان الذى يأوى اليه الانسان فليتزوج, فانه اغض للبصر, و احفظ للفرج, ومن لم يستطع فعليه بالصوم,فانه له وجاء(اى مانع))
" الصحبة الصالحة . قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم (لا تصاحب الا مؤمنا ولا يأكل طعامك الا تقي)5 * سنن الترمزى ,(4/600)
" ملىء الفراغ بما يفيد فى الدنيا و الآخرة. قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم : (نعمتنا مغبون فيهما كثير من الناس : الصحة و الفراغ)6* فتح البارى شرح صحيح البخاري,(11/299)
" الحذر من وسائل الاعلام المسموعة و المنظورة و المقروءة قال تعالى : ( ...ان السمع و البصر و الفؤاد كل اولئك كان عنه مسئولا)7* سورة الاسراء الاية36.
" البعد عن المنبهات وعن كل المحرمات التى تؤدى الى الفتن اثارة الغرائز.
" قطع القلفة فى الذكور و الاناث.
" استقرار المراة فى بيتها و عدم خروجها لغير حاجة. لكن يمكن للمراة ان تخرج لمساعدة اخواتها فى المجتمع اذا لم يتعارض ذلك مع مسئوليتها الاولى داخل بيت زوجها. كما يمكنها ان تعمل فى مجتمع مختلط اذادعت الضرورة قال تعالي وقرن فى بيوتكن ولا تبرجن تبرج الجاهلية الاولى...)1* سورة الاحزاب الاية 33
" الحجاب الذى يستر جميع بدن المراة ووجهها وكفيها فى حالة خروجها قال تعالى : ( واذا سالتمهن متاعا فسألوهن من وراء حجاب...)2* سورة الاحزاب الاية53
" الحذر من الخلوة مع غير المحارم 3*المحارم من الرجال هم الاب, و الاخ, و الابن, و الجد, و العم, و الخال, و ووالد الزوج, و ابن الزوج, وابن الاخ, و ابن الاخت. اما المحارم من النساء فهم الام, و الاخت, و البنت, و الجدة , و العمة , والخالة, و ووالدة الزوجة , وبنت الزوجة , و بنت الاخ , و بنت الاخت.قال رسول الله صلي الله عليه و سلم : ( لا يخلون احدكم بامراة الا مع ذى محرم)4* رواه البخاري(9/290)
" تجنب المصافحة (او الملامسة) مع غير المحارم, قال رسول الله صلي الله عليه وسلم: (انى لا اصافح النساء...)5* صحيح اخرجه الامام احمد,(6/357)
" غض البصر , قال تعالي قل للمؤمنين يغضوا من ابصارهم ويحفظوا فروجهم ذلك ازكى لهم ان الله خبير بما يصنعون...)6* سورة النور الايات30-31
" تجنب الاختلاط بين النساء و الرجال غير المحارم . والالتزام بالمجتمع المسلم النموذجي الذى يتكون من مجتمعين .واحد للنساء واخر للرجال,ويربط بينهما المحارم ولا يكون التعامل بين المجتمعين الا اذا دعت الضرورة , و الضرورة يجب ان تقدر بقدرها. وعند الضرورة يمون التعامل بضوابطه الشرعية مأن يكون من وراء حجاب و في غير خلوة و دون اخضاع بالقول, قال تعالى : (...فلا تخضعن بالقول فيطمع الذى فى قلبه مرض وقلن قولا معروفا)1*سورة الاحزاب32 سال رسول الله صلي الله عليه و سلم ابنته السيدة فاطمة عن افضل شيء للمراة, فقالت رضي الله عنها (الا تري رجل و لايراها رجل),فضمها صلي الله عليه و سلم الى صدره وقال ذرية بعضها من بعض.
" اعتراف المراة بقوامة وفضل الولى2*الولى هو الاب او الاخ او العم ويشترط فيه الاسلام و الحرية و العقل و البلوغ )او الزوج ومعرفة حقوقها وواجباتها فى تعاملها معه قال تعالى : ( الرجال قوامون على النساء)3* سورة النساء الاية 34. وقال صلي الله عليه وسلم (ما افلح قوما ولوا امرهم امراة) رواه البخاري لان فطرة المراة و طبيعتها تساعدها علي الادارة الداخلية فى البيت وطبيعة الرجل تساعده على الادارة الخارجية فى المجتمع .
وقد اوصي الاخ د.عصام احمد البشير-فى احدي محاضراته -المسلمين بالاقتداء بقصة بنتى سيدنا شعيب مع سيدنا موسي عليهما السلام , فقد خرجت البنتان من بيت ابيهما لضرورة وهى ان اباهما شيخ كبير , ولم تخرج واحدة تفاديا للخلوة , و انتظرتا حتى ينصرف الرجال تفاديا للاختلاط بهم و مزاحمتهم , وعندما اراد سيدنا موسي ان يسقي لهما رضيتا ولم تستكبرا -وتزعما انهما مساويتان للرجال و يمكنهما عمل كلما يستطيع الرجل عمله-بل طلبتا من ابيهما ان يستأجره لقوته و امانته ,وتفاديا للفتنة زوجه سيدنا شعيب عليه السلام احدي ابنتيه فرضيت البنت براي ابيها 4*وهذا ما يجب ان يفعله كل رجل صالح للمراة,فسيدنا موسي عليه السلام حفظها من مخالطة و مزاحمة الرجال غير المحارم , وسيدنا شعيب عليه السلام حفظها من الفتنة بتزويجها و احصانها.
ان الالتزام بهذه الضواط سهل اذا ما قورن بالاضرار الكثيرة التى ستصيب الانسان فى دنياه واخراه ازا لم يلتزم بها . وجميع هذه الضوابط مشتركة بين الذكور و الاناث عدا الاستقرار فى البيت و الحجاب ذلك لان المسئولية الاولى للمراةفى المجتمع المسلم هى رعاية الزوج و الابناء داخل البيت و مسؤلية الرجل هى العمل خارج البيت و جلب المال لينفق على الزوجة و الابناء.
نسأل الله تعالي ان يعين النساء على ما كلفهن به سبحانه و تعالى من واجبات, وعدم الجرى وراء الاهواء الدنيويةو منافسة الرجال فى اعبائهم من اجل السلطة و الشهرةو الترف ذلك لانسعادة البشرية فى الدنيا و الاخرة تكون باتقان كل جنس لدوره فى المجتمع.قال رسول الله صلي الله عليه و سلم : (كلكم راع و كلكم مسئول عن رعيته , و الامير راع , و الرجل راع فى اهل بيته , و المراة راعية فى بيت زوجها وولده فكلكم راع و كلكم مسئول عن رعيته )1* فتح الباري شرح صحيح البخاري (9/299) .
بعض الشبهات و الرد عليها:
" هنالك من يقول ان بعض الضوابط خاص بنساء النبي صلي الله عليه و سلم لكن الراي الراجح عند كثير من العلماء انها عامة لكل النساء لان امهات المؤمنين- رضي الله تعالي عنهن-هن القدوة لكل امراة صالحة.و علي المسلم ان يستفتي قلبه ولو افتاه الناس.
" كذلك هنالك من يقول ان تغطية الوجه واجب فقط على المراة ذات الوجه الفاتن. لكن من الذى يملك القياس الذى يحدد ذلك ؟ وكما ذكرت احدي الاخوات , فان الحجاب الكامل 2* الحجاب الكامل يستر جميع بدن المراةحتى الوجه و الكفين و القدمين).نعمة انعمها الله تعالي علي المراة لتستر به عيوبها ومحاسنها من تعليقات و اذي الرجال غير المحارم.
" و هنالك من يقول ان المجتمع المختلط يعطينا فرصة لتربية الشباب لانهم سيشاهدون الاخطاء بانفسهم . ونقول لهؤلاء يكفى الشباب الاختلاط المفروض عليهم فى وسائل الاعلام و فى المجتمع عامة, و لا نحتاج ان نهيء لهم هذا الجو, بل نحتاج ان نهيء لهم الجو النظيف الخالي من الفتنو الاختلاط بلا ضرورة , قال تعالي (زين للناس حب الشهوات من النساء و البنين و القناطير المقنطرة من الذهب و الفضة و الخيل ال مسومة و الانعام و الحرث ذلك متاع الحياة الدنيا و الله عنده حسن الماب)1* سورة ال عمران الاية14 . وقال صلي الله عليه وسلم : ( ما تركت من بعدي فتنة هى اضر على الرجال من النساء)2* صحيح البخارى,(5/15) .حمانا الله من الفتن ما ظهر منها وما بطن...امين.
" وهنالك من يقول ان هذا التشدد يزيد من الفتنة بين النساء و الرجال , ونقول لهؤلاء ان هذا ليس عيبا في المجتمع المسلم الذى يجب ان يظل الرجل رجلا و المراة مراة, ويستمر التجاذب و التزاوج بينهما لاستمرار الحياة البشرية, و حتى لا نكون كالمجتمعات التى لا تلتزم بهذه الضوابط, و التي شاع فيها الاختلاط بين الجنسين فى المكان و الواجبات, فزهد كل جنس فى الاخر , ونشأ ما يعرف بالجنس الثالث, وانعدمت الحياة الاسرية, انهارت المجتمعات. حمانا الله تعالي من ذلك...امين.
" و هنالك من يتساءل عن كيفية اختيار الزوج او الزوجة الصالحة اذا طبقنا مثل هذه الضوابط. و نقول لهؤلاء ان ذلك يكون بالالتجاء الى الله سبحانه و تعالى ودعائه اولا , ثم بالتزكية من المحارم , وبعد ذلك فان الشرع يبيح, بل يطلب من الخطيبين النظر الى بعضهما البعض قبل اتخاذ قرار العقد, و يكون ذلك بضوابط شرعية فصلها علماء المسلمين3* منها ان يتحين الخطيب فرصة للنظر دون معرفة الخطيبة. ), جزاهم الله عنا خيرا كثيرا.
قال تعالي : ( يريد الله ان يبين لكم و يهديكم سنن الذين من قبلكم و يتوب عليكم و الله عليم حكيم. والله يريد ان يتوب عليكم و يريد الذين يتبعون الشهوات ان تميلوا ميلا عظيما.يريد الله ان يخفف عنكم وخلق الانسان ضعيفا)4* سورة النساء الايات26-28
وقت ختان الانثي
توصيات
بعد ان اكدنا من خلال هذا البحث الفوائد الجسدية و النفسية من ختان السنة فى المريقول ابن القيم 1* : تحفة المودود باحكام المولود ص106-107
(يجب علي الولى ان يختن الصبى قبل البلوغ بحيث يبلغ مختونا. فاذا بلغ الصبى اقلف او المراة غير مختونة ولا عذر لهما الزمهما السلطان به).
((و قال الحافظ ابن حجر فى الفتح : واختلف فى الوقت الذى يشرع فيه الختان, قال الماوردي : له وقتان : وقت وجوب عند البلوغ ووقت استحباب قبله, و الاختيار في اليوم السابع بعد الولادة, فان اخر ففي الاربعين يوما, فان اخر ففي السنة السابعة, فاذا بلغ وكان نضوا(ضعيفا)نحيفا يعلم من حاله انه اذا اختتن تلف سقط الوجوب. و يستحب ان لا يؤخر عن وقت الاستحباب الا لعذر))2* نقلا عن كتاب سنن الفطرة ص45
واقول انالمهم فى وقت ختان الانثي هو ان يكون في السن التى يسهل فيها على الطبيبة او القابلة المدربة فصل القلفة عن حشفة البظر و قطعها دون ان تاخذ معها اى جزء اخر من المنطقة المجاورة, و يختلف ذلك بين طفلة و اخرى, لذلك يجب ان يكون هنالك كشف على العضو التناسلى لكل طفلة-بواسطة الطبيبة المختصة-قبل تحديد وقت ختانها.
حفل الختان
قال الشيخ الامين محمد احمد1* سنن الفطرة ص52-54 :
((قال ابن الحاج المالكي فى كتابه المدخل و السنة فى ختان الذكر اظهاره و فى ختان النساء اخفاؤه ) و قيل فى الرد على هذا القول انه ورد عن عائشة رضي الله عنها اظهاره فى النساء ايضا)).
واقول ان فى المسألة سعة لمن اراد ان يظهر...و الله اعلم.
خاتمة
نخلص من هذا البحث الى الاتى:
" عرف الختان انه موضع الختن من الذكر, و موضع القطع من نواة الانثي.
" ان ختان السنة للمراة يعنى قطع كل قلفة البظر, وترك حشفته مكشوفة كما هو الحال فى ختان الرجل. واى زيادة على ذلك (سواء كانت من البظر او من الشفرين الصغيرين او الكبيرين) تعتبر ممارسة خاطئة مخالفة لختان السنة و تضر بصحة المراةو لا تنفعها.و من الممارسات الخاطئة كذلك اعادة عملية الختان(العدلة) بعد الزواج و الولادة.
" ترجيح الراي الذى يقول بالمساؤاة بين الذكر و الانثى فى سنية الختان. ذلك لان الختان الشرعي للمراة له فوائد مطابقة لفوائد ختان الرجل, و ليس له مضار-بأذن الله-اذا كانت الطبيبة او القابلة مدربة على ختان السنة و كانت الادوات معقمة. وقد انحصرت هذه الفوائد فى فائدتين هما : النظافة التى تكتمل بها طهارة المراة لاداء عباداتها, و تقيها من كثير من الامراض العضوية و النفسية. و تعديل الشهوة لتقليل الانشغال بها, و ينتج ذلك عن شبع المتزوجات من الجماع بعد ازالة القلفة التى تقلل المتعة . كما ان ازالة القلفة يمنع احتجاز الافرازات الطبيعية حول الحشفة , مما يقلل الحك و التهيج عند المتزوجات و غيرهن من النساء.
" هنالك خطأ كبير وقع فيه كثير ممن تحدث عن الحكمة من مشروعية ختان الانثي , حيث انهم قالوا ا نه مكرمة لها لانه يمنع عنها الدوافع التى تثير الرغبة الجنسية لديها مما يؤدي الى المحافظة على العفة و الشرف. وقد تم تصحيح ذلك بتوضيح الطريقة الشرعية لختان الانثي و شرح الحكمة الصحيحة منه.و ذكرت بعض الدواعى و اسباب الاحصان و العفة فى المجتمع المسلم .
" لم يفصل هذا البحث في موضوع الشهوة و الرغبة الجنسية و كيفية التحكم فيها و الاستجابة لها , و اعتقد ان هذه مجالات لبحوث اخري تتعلق بشرح قوله تعالى (ولا تقربوا الزنا انه كان فاحشة و ساء سبيلا)1* الاسراء الاية32.
" ان المهم فى وقت ختان الانثي هو ان يكون فى السن التى يسهل فيها على الطبيبة او القابلة المدربة فصل القلفة عن حشفة البظر و قطعها دون ان تاخذ معها اى جزء اخر من المنطقة المجاورة.
" اختلف العلماء فى اظهار حفل ختان النساء و لكن فى المسألة سعة لمن اراد ان يظهر.. و الله اعلم.
اسأل الله ان يشرح صدر الجميع لما فيه سعادتهم فى الدنيا و الآخرة...امين.
المراجع
اولا: المراجع العربية مرتبة ترتيبا ابجديا
1. القران الكريم.
2. اسرار الختان تتجلى فى الطب الحديث, د.حسان شمس باشا , مطتبة السوادى للنشرو التوزيع,جدة, الطبعة الاولى1412ه-1990م.
3. الطب النبوى,ابن قيم الجوزية, مؤسسة الرسالة للطباعة و النشر و التوزيع, بيروت, الطبعة الثانية عشر1408ه-1988م.
4. اسباب محاربة الخفاض فى السودان, د. عبد السلام جريس, د.امنة الصادق بدرىو الاستاذة ايمان محمد, الخرطوم, 1989م.
5. الختان, راى الدين و العلم فى ختان البنات , ابو بكر عبد الرازق, دار الاعتصام للطباعة و النشر و التوزيع, القاهرة.
6. الامراض الجنسية, د.محمد على البار ,دار المنارة للنشرو التوزيع ,جدة, الطبعة الثالثة 1407ه-1987م.
7. تحفة المودود باحكام المولود,ابن قيم الجوزية , تحقيق بشير محمد عيون,مكتبة دار البيان,دمشق,1987م.
8. تربيو الاولاد فى الاسلام,الجزء الاول,عبد الله ناصح علوان, دار السلام للطباعة و النشر, جدة, الطبعة السابعة عشر,1410ه-1990م.
9. خلق الانسان بين الطب والاسلام د.محمد على البار ,الدار السعودية للنشر و التوزيع , الطبعة الثامنة1412ه .
10. سنن الفطرة, الامين محمد احمد , دار المطبوعات الحديثة, جدة 1410ه-1990م.
11. سنن ابن ماجة , للحافظ ابى عبد الله بن محمد بن يزيد المجلد الثانى.
12. سنن الترمزى , محمد بن عيسى بن سورة الترمزي , دار الكتب العلمية , لبنان.
13. صحيح البخارى , للامام ابى عبد الله بن اسماعيل البخاري .
14. صحيح مسلم , للامام ابى الحسين مسلم بن الحجاج, دار الفكر.
15. فتح البارى بشرح صحيح البخاري , للامام الحافظ احمد بن على بن حجر العسقلانى , دار المعرفة, الرياض.
16. لسان العرب , للعلامة ابى الفضل جمال الدين محمد بن مكرم بن منظور المصرى , المجلد الثالث عشر , دار الفكر للطباعة و النشر.
17. مسند الامام احمد بن حنبل , دار الكتب و الوثائق-الرياض.
18. مجموع فتاوى شيخ الاسلام ابن تيمية , جمع و ترتيب عبد الرحمن بن محمد بن قاسم , المجلد الحادى و العشرون.

ثانيا: المراجع الانجليزية
19- Aplan for the establishment of a model helth area around Om Shanig Rural Hospital , Amal Elbeshier , 1991.
20 -Hitti's New Medical Dictionary ,English-Arabic, YusufK. Hitt and Ahmad Alkhatib.
21- Reproductive ritual and social reproduction: female circumcision and the subordination of womenin Sudan , Ellen Gruenbaum.
22-Stedman's Medical Dictionary , 24th edition. 23- Traditional practices affecting the health of women and children WHO, 1987.

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
Batman, I'm a doctor and I know what I'm talking about. Any tampering with female genital organs is FGM whether it is level 1, 2 ,3 or 4

we can cosdier male circumcsion who is proved to be against AIDS MGM
[Razz] [Razz]
u the forskin in male n female r typicall anatomically
removing it from man is ok while from female is not ok

wat a double standard homing [Roll Eyes]

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
Ba the female genital organs are very highly vascular. They will bleed copiously when they are cut and then they will heal with fibrous tissue which will make the remaining structures as good as useless.

the male genital organs is extermly vasculal also dude it will blees also

u never seen a male cirucmsion before [Confused]

fibrous tissiue is formed also in mal circumsion
go figure

homing pigeon
Member # 8039

يعنى هى حضرتها الوحيدة اللى بتفهم و كل الأطباء اللى قالوا العكس مابيعرفوش حاجة؟ طيب ايه رأيك فى عالم دين مؤخرا أباح زواج المسلمة من المسيحى، يبقى كدة صح الكلام؟ دى اسمهاآراء شاذة، خد مثلا دى منظمة الصحة العالمية و تصنيفها لدرجات الختان

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs241/en/

و عندك أهه حوالى50 مرجع عن أضراره، ابقى ارجع لى
لو مش عارف تلاقيهم و أنا أجيبهم لك

Reference List

(1) Manji MF, Al B, I, El Enbaby A, Al Bareedy N, Manji MF, Al Badawi I et al. Female circumcision (female genital mutilation): a problem for brachytherapy in cervical cancer. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer 2006; 16(2):675-680.
(2) Vangen S, Hoffmann R, Flo K, Lorentzen B, Sand S, Vangen S et al. [Female circumcision--complications and treatment]. [Norwegian]. Tidsskrift for Den Norske Laegeforening 2006; 126(4):475-477.
(3) Obermeyer CM, Obermeyer CM. The consequences of female circumcision for health and sexuality: an update on the evidence. [Review] [59 refs]. Culture, Health & Sexuality 2005; 7(5):443-461.
(4) Chen G, Dharia SP, Steinkampf MP, Callison S, Chen G, Dharia SP et al. Infertility from female circumcision. Fertility & Sterility 2004; 81(6):1692-1694.
(5) Anuforo PO, Oyedele L, Pacquiao DF, Anuforo PO, Oyedele L, Pacquiao DF. Comparative study of meanings, beliefs, and practices of female circumcision among three Nigerian tribes in the United States and Nigeria. Journal of Transcultural Nursing 2004; 15(2):103-113.
(6) Nour NM, Nour NM. Female genital cutting: clinical and cultural guidelines. [Review] [45 refs]. Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey 2004; 59(4):272-279.
(7) Obermeyer CM, Obermeyer CM. The health consequences of female circumcision: science, advocacy, and standards of evidence.[comment]. Medical Anthropology Quarterly 2003; 17(3):394-412.
(8) Thierfelder C, Hatz C, Bodiang CK, Thierfelder C, Hatz C, Bodiang CK. [Immigrants with female circumcision in Switzerland: background information and recommendations for medical practice]. [German]. Schweizerische Rundschau fur Medizin Praxis 2003; 92(31-32):1307-1314.
(9) Little CM, Little CM. Female genital circumcision: medical and cultural considerations. [Review] [11 refs]. Journal of Cultural Diversity 2003; 10(1):30-34.
(10) Essen B, Bodker B, Sjoberg NO, Gudmundsson S, Ostergren PO, Langhoff-Roos J et al. Is there an association between female circumcision and perinatal death? Bulletin of the World Health Organization 2002; 80(8):629-632.
(11) Larsen U, Okonofua FE, Larsen U, Okonofua FE. Female circumcision and obstetric complications. International Journal of Gynaecology & Obstetrics 2002; 77(3):255-265.
(12) Almroth L, Almroth-Berggren V, Bergstrom S, Almroth L, Almroth-Berggren V, Bergstrom S. [Need for more research on female circumcision. Lack of communication between women and men conserves the traditional practice]. [Review] [19 refs] [Swedish]. Lakartidningen 5360; 98(47):5355-5358.
(13) Magoha GA, Magoha OB, Magoha GA, Magoha OB. Current global status of female genital mutilation: a review. [Review] [55 refs]. East African Medical Journal 2000; 77(5):268-272.
(14) Abu Daia JM, Abu Daia JM. Female circumcision. [Review] [27 refs]. Saudi Medical Journal 2000; 21(10):921-923.
(15) El Mekresh M, El Mekresh M. Urethral pathology. [Review] [42 refs]. Current Opinion in Urology 2000; 10(5):381-390.
(16) Enany R, Graf P, Hoss C, Sautter R, Kolta K, Enany R et al. [Female circumcision: historical, sociological and medical aspects]. [German]. Handchirurgie, Mikrochirurgie, Plastische Chirurgie 1999; 31(1):47-50.
(17) Davis G, Ellis J, Hibbert M, Perez RP, Zimbelman E, Davis G et al. Female circumcision: the prevalence and nature of the ritual in Eritrea. Military Medicine 1999; 164(1):11-16.
(18) Bonilla E, Bonilla E. [Female circumcision--2. Case reports]. [Swedish]. Jordemodern 1997; 110(4):118-123.
(19) Eyega Z, Conneely E, Eyega Z, Conneely E. Facts and fiction regarding female circumcision/female genital mutilation: a pilot study in New York City. Journal of the American Medical Womens Association 187; 52(4):174-178.
(20) Jones WK, Smith J, Kieke B, Jr., Wilcox L, Jones WK, Smith J et al. Female genital mutilation. Female circumcision. Who is at risk in the U.S.?[erratum appears in Public Health Rep 1998 Jan-Feb;113(1):4]. Public Health Reports 1997; 112(5):368-377.
(21) Erian MM, Goh JT, Erian MM, Goh JT. Female circumcision. [Review] [8 refs]. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 1995; 35(1):83-85.
(22) Baker CA, Gilson GJ, Vill MD, Curet LB, Baker CA, Gilson GJ et al. Female circumcision: obstetric issues.[see comment]. American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology 1993; 169(6):1616-1618.
(23) Arbesman M, Kahler L, Buck GM, Arbesman M, Kahler L, Buck GM. Assessment of the impact of female circumcision on the gynecological, genitourinary and obstetrical health problems of women from Somalia: literature review and case series. [Review] [29 refs]. Women & Health 1993; 20(3):27-42.
(24) Calder BL, Brown YM, Rae DI, Calder BL, Brown YM, Rae DI. Female circumcision/genital mutilation: culturally sensitive care. Health Care for Women International 1993; 14(3):227-238.
(25) Dirie MA, Lindmark G, Dirie MA, Lindmark G. The risk of medical complications after female circumcision.[see comment]. East African Medical Journal 1992; 69(9):479-482.
(26) Dirie MA, Lindmark G, Dirie MA, Lindmark G. A hospital study of the complications of female circumcision. Tropical Doctor 1991; 21(4):146-148.
(27) Lightfoot-Klein H, Shaw E, Lightfoot-Klein H, Shaw E. Special needs of ritually circumcised women patients. JOGNN - Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing 1991; 20(2):102-107.
(28) Odujinrin OM, Akitoye CO, Oyediran MA, Odujinrin OM, Akitoye CO, Oyediran MA. A study on female circumcision in Nigeria. West African Journal of Medicine 1989; 8(3):183-192.
(29) Tanganelli E, Tanganelli E. [Gynecologic and obstetric implications of female circumcision in Somalia]. [Review] [8 refs] [Italian]. Minerva Ginecologica 1989; 41(9):469-474.
(30) Reyners MM, Reyners MM. [Circumcision in women and infibulation]. [Dutch]. Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Geneeskunde 1989; 133(51):2557-2561.
(31) De Silva S, De Silva S. Obstetric sequelae of female circumcision. European Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology, & Reproductive Biology 1989; 32(3):233-240.
(32) Ahmed SM, Ahmed SM. Research on female circumcision in Somalia. Newsletter: Inter-African Committee on Traditional Practices Affecting the Health of Women and Children 1988;(5):10.
(33) Adetoro OO, Ebomoyi E, Adetoro OO, Ebomoyi E. Health implications of traditional female circumcision in pregnancy. Asia-Oceania Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 1986; 12(4):489-492.
(34) A traditional practice that threatens health--female circumcision. WHO Chronicle 1986; 40(1):31-36.
(35) Sami IR, Sami IR. Female circumcision with special reference to the Sudan. Annals of Tropical Paediatrics 1986; 6(2):99-115.
(36) Berardi JC, Teillet JF, Godard J, Laloux V, Allane P, Franjou MH et al. [Obstetrical consequences of female circumcision. Study in 71 circumcised African women]. [French]. Journal de Gynecologie, Obstetrique et Biologie de la Reproduction 1985; 14(6):743-746.
(37) Myers RA, Omorodion FI, Isenalumhe AE, Akenzua GI, Myers RA, Omorodion FI et al. Circumcision: its nature and practice among some ethnic groups in southern Nigeria. Social Science & Medicine 1985; 21(5):581-588.
(38) Shaw E, Shaw E. Female circumcision. American Journal of Nursing 1985; 85(6):684-687.
(39) Muhlbach F, Loser B, Bellee H, Muhlbach F, Loser B, Bellee H. [A case of female circumcision]. [German]. Zentralblatt fur Gynakologie 1985; 107(6):387-389.
(40) El Dareer A, El Dareer A. Complications of female circumcision in the Sudan. Tropical Doctor 1983; 13(3):131-133.
(41) Agugua NE, Egwuatu VE, Agugua NE, Egwuatu VE. Female circumcision: management of urinary complications. Journal of Tropical Pediatrics 1982; 28(5):248-252.
(42) Egwuatu VE, Agugua NE, Egwuatu VE, Agugua NE. Complications of female circumcision in Nigerian Igbos. British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 1981; 88(11):1090-1093.
(43) Diejomaoh FM, Faal MK, Diejomaoh FM, Faal MK. Adhesion of the labia minora complicating circumcision in the neonatal period in a Nigerian community. Tropical & Geographical Medicine 1981; 33(2):135-138.
(44) Rushwan H, Rushwan H. Etiologic factors in pelvic inflammatory disease in Sudanese women. American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology 1980; 138(7 Pt 2):877-879.
(45) Aziz FA, Aziz FA. Gynecologic and obstetric complications of female circumcision. International Journal of Gynaecology & Obstetrics 1980; 17(6):560-563.
(46) Taba AH, Taba AH. Female circumcision. Tropical Doctor 1980; 10(1):21-23.
(47) Daw E, Daw E. Female circumcision and imfibulation complicating delivery. Practitioner 1970; 204(222):559-563.
(48) HALL L, HALL L. ARTHRITIS AFTER FEMALE CIRCUMCISION. East African Medical Journal 1963; 40:55-57.

و لعلمك يعنى أنا اخترت لك بس اللى مسميينهcircumcision

مش mutilation

لو أضفت الكلمة التانية هاجيبلك 198 بحث

humanist
Member # 12798

Member Rated:
Homing, is Batty one of those low class, ignorant people from Egyptian society you referred to?

Batty, go f..... and shove that Salami, I mean Salafi mentality right up your arse.

homing pigeon
Member # 8039

quote:
quote:
Ba the female genital organs are very highly vascular. They will bleed copiously when they are cut and then they will heal with fibrous tissue which will make the remaining structures as good as useless.

the male genital organs is extermly vasculal also dude it will blees also

u never seen a male cirucmsion before [Confused]

fibrous tissiue is formed also in mal circumsion
go figure

BATMAN, I AM NOT GOING TO DESCEND TO THIS LEVEL!

I am being patient and nice to you so dont force me to reverse that. I have not only seen male circumcisions but I performed them, too....so behave yourself. When I say female genitals are highly vascular, this means female genitalia ARE highly vascular regardless your rolling out tongue!

AND YES, they are vascular even more than male prepuce....go to medschool and find out!

The more crucial issue is when the skin of the prepuce heals with fibrous tissue it only affects a rim around the penile shaft and the rest of the penis is still sensitive but with the clitoris there is no room for manipulation. Fibrosis affects the area of the cut and nothing remains. I hope it is clear now.

homing pigeon
Member # 8039

quote:
Originally posted by humanist:
Homing, is Batty one of those low class, ignorant people from Egyptian society you referred to?

Batty, go f..... and shove that Salami, I mean Salafi mentality right up your arse.

He's more probably one of those who have been salafisized in spite of their noses and doesnt even recognize it....or maybe does recognize it and is convinced with it. More reason to be wary of these groups.
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:

(1) Manji MF, Al B, I, El Enbaby A, Al Bareedy N, Manji MF, Al Badawi I et al. Female circumcision ([female genital mutilation): a problem for brachytherapy in cervical cancer. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer 2006; 16(2):675-680.

thought so
thanks u

homing pigeon
Member # 8039

quote:

[Razz] [Razz]
u the forskin in male n female r typicall anatomically
removing it from man is ok while from female is not ok

wat a double standard homing [Roll Eyes]

In what way are they typical?

First, the male foreskin is made of keratinized epithelial tissue and the female prepuce is made of non keratinized epithelium

Second, the surface area of the male foreskin is much larger than the surface area of the female prepuce

Third, the thickness of the skin of the male foreskin is more than the thickness of the female prepuce

Fourth, the anatomical attachments of the male foreskin are different from the anatomical attachments of the female prepuce

homing pigeon
Member # 8039

quote:
quote:

(1) Manji MF, Al B, I, El Enbaby A, Al Bareedy N, Manji MF, Al Badawi I et al. Female circumcision ([female genital mutilation): a problem for brachytherapy in cervical cancer. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer 2006; 16(2):675-680.

thought so
thanks u

Yes,OF COURSE! [Roll Eyes] This is to prove to u that female circumcision IS the same as female genital mutliation as per WHO definition which includes level 1 removal of prepuce only as u say......what they tell u at the mosque (that they are different) is wrong. Medical classification is right. ALL forms of female genital cutting/mutliation/circumcision/strawberry picking/call it what u want are harmful.

Giving it a different name doesnt make it something else.

PLUS the opinion of moderate Islamic scholars that decides to give the decision into the hands of medical science

من باب اسألوا أهل الذكر

dah elle homma e7na.... elateba2 ya3ni

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com