EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » magician/sorcerer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: magician/sorcerer
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
am reading books about magic & evil sorcerer

shameful deeds of evil sorcered . they exist in the world. [Frown] [Frown]

will sum up it to u later

any1 around here is sorcerer [Roll Eyes] ?

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm Batman. I suggest you look at 'Unlock The Secret of The Black Magic Box', by N Estle. I recommended it to Korven before. [Smile]
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
will see that
thanks swys

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My pleasure, Batman - just watch out for some unpleasant surprises. [Cool] [Smile]
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think Harry Potter should be banned?
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin - Bokra Fil Mish Mish:
Do you think Harry Potter should be banned?

will answer u susan after u answer this
do u believe theres real magic n the world?

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think of magic as tricks like pulling a rabbit out of a hat on stage. It's all man-made illusion and nothing supernatural about it.

As far as sorcery and witchcraft? No, I don't believe it exists.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
where all those sorcey in world come originally from? [Confused]
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the gnomes and dwarves, they are the keepers of the ancient powers.
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
why not can be possible today?
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is possible, you just have to ask the wee folk, they build their houses under the mushroom tops. They will show you the way.
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by Batman, non-stop, righteous machine:
where all those sorcey in world come originally from? [Confused]

I don't know. Where did the evil eye come from?
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok this is my take and I know it might be controversial. First the Holy Quran mentions black magic (sihr). Islamic traditions mention it as do Israelite traditions. One opinion by Omar Abdelkafy is that witchcraft ceased during prophet Solomon days (as). The Israelite traditions imply that it was the work of Harut and Marut who initially brought sorcery to our world.

I will neither support nor refute such an issue. I will however criticize the prevalent misdiagnosis throughout the Middle East. Many times a person will be diagnosed as bewitched/possessed when in fact such a person might actually suffer from a mental disorder.

Unfortunately the medical field in the Middle East lags in terms of treatment for the mentally ill. Schizophrenics, Split personality disorders, etc will many times be diagnosed as acts of black magic. There are actually Sheiks who rid persons of such possessions.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
evil eye is something we feel it till today( dont u). has to do with bad souls of evil ppl, u no.

God punish people who have evil eyes wishing evil to other people

it's something mentoned in quran & we feel it.

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
evil eye is something we feel it till today( dont u).

I hope not to feel it, Batty, insha'allah.
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Aahahahahahahahahahahahahah [Big Grin]

Well don't go around telling people you pay 20K for child care [Smile] LOL

I'm just teasing Snoozin [Smile] are you sure you're not too Egyptian [Razz]

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by Sobriquet:
quote:
quote:

Aahahahahahahahahahahahahah [Big Grin]

Well don't go around telling people you pay 20K for child care [Smile] LOL

I'm just teasing Snoozin [Smile] are you sure you're not too Egyptian [Razz]

Oh. [Embarrassed]

Just remember I'll be eating nothing but koshary for a few years. [Big Grin]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to ancient Egyptian belief and other beliefs in Africa, parts of Asia and the Pacific etc. Magic is a spiritual ability that all living beings with spirits are capable of. It is not about "pulling rabbits out of hats" which are simple illusionary tricks but about actual power in the spirit world. The Abrahamic religions like Judaism, Christianity, and Islam speak out against magic for the belief that humans should not tamper with such powers. Although, it is believed prophets, (and in the case of Christianity) priests possess powers given to them by God where they can do good. Without protection from God (or some spirit) one using magic on his own was believed to be a great risk to oneself.
Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
Magic is a spiritual ability
ability to what ?

quote:
Without protection from God (or some spirit) one using magic on his own was believed to be a great risk to oneself.
i don buy it
no one can live without protection from God.

magic cant give any1 a protection from his destined fate.
Magic is connection with Satan to do bad stuff.

sound like u missed the corect meaning of Magic/sorcery

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Batman, non-stop,

ability to what ?

To do thinks that the physical body is not capable of doing-- powers beyond normal physicality.

quote:
i don buy it no one can live without protection from God.
Of course, but I am specifically referring to practicing magic without invoking special protection from God or a 'god' would leave one open to harm from the very powers they use like evils spirits etc.

quote:
magic cant give any1 a protection from his destined fate.
True, it doesn't have to be used for something as great as fate. 'Magic' can be used to help or harm people.

quote:
Magic is connection with Satan to do bad stuff.
That is the common belief among peoples of Abrahamic faith. (not that I have ever practiced magic)

quote:
sound like u missed the corect meaning of Magic/sorcery
Maybe I have, since there is a difference between the two which I have forgotten about.
Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etu Malku
Member # 13645

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etu Malku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magic is the art of causing change with the use of one's Will. It was created during the Sep Tepy Era.
The purpose of magic is to atone oneself with the Divine and to become a Childe of the Gods.
There is neither Good nor Bad magic it is but the intent of the Magus which determines whether it is Good or evil.
The Evil Eye comes from Stregherian Witchcraft

--------------------
Ati Me Pete Babka

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ardooda
Member # 5159

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ardooda   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone here ever see this movie? [Big Grin]
Hocus Pocus

Posts: 84 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com