EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » What's Wrong With Religion? Where to Begin?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's Wrong With Religion? Where to Begin?
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Religions all hate each other. This whole forum is about hatred and contempt. I don't even read the topics but the subject headings tell the whole story. Muslims hating Christians and Christians hating Muslims. Religion hasn't brought any of you peace or respect for others. [Mad]
2. ...

Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An interesting perspective from Ali Sina:

Fanatism is a strong feeling and the hate that it engenders is deadly. Once we stop blindly follow someone, think on our own and rely on our own intelligence we will have one less reason to hate one another. And as it happens this is the greatest reason to hate.

Religions and doctrines tell us if you believe in what we say you have found the truth. This is the source of evil. Because once you think you have found the truth, you not only stop searching, but also despise others whom you think are misguided.

When we think we know, we act condescendingly, if not ruthlessly towards those whom you think do not know. Once we admit that we do not know, we become humble, we listen to others, pay attention to new ideas and strive to learn more. We become conscious of our limitations,less arrogant and more tolerant.

Why do you think the terrorists terrorize people? It is because they are convinced that they are right and others are wrong, that they are good and others are bad, that they are victims and others are the culprits for their plight. This is an arrogance caused by fanatism, whether in a religious or in a political doctrine.

The more self-righteous is a doctrine, the more dangerous it becomes. Buddhism is the least dangerous religion because it encourages you to doubt, while Islam is the most dangerous because it demands you to believe. All other religions fall somewhere in between. To the degree that they are self righteous, they are dangerous.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by citizen:
1. Religions all hate each other. This whole forum is about hatred and contempt. I don't even read the topics but the subject headings tell the whole story. Muslims hating Christians and Christians hating Muslims. Religion hasn't brought any of you peace or respect for others. [Mad]
2. ...

Yup. I can understand being passionate about defending your faith. I wish it didn't bleed over into insulting other faiths.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well my dear citizen...not the relgions who hate each others...its the people who believe in this relgions who made this sin...

dont take the relgions by sins of the people who believe in this relgions....

ALLAH never order his people to hate or kill in his books to them..,just humans who make this hate by themselves...,

and we ever look at bad people who hate each other in case of there is much more people who love each other from diffrent relgions..

and ALLAH says in holy Quran..surah(49).."13. O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)"

thats about islam..i dont know about other relgions..but im sure that every relgion have the same meaning about peace and love...the problem in people not in relgions...

and i do believe that hate have made between people for polotical objects..,and international media serve this evil objects by just fixing on bad events..hate between cultures..,in case of there is so much people from other side love themselves and they r from diffrent cultures...but media ignore that almost...coz they wanna just hate and fears...will u pls watch the american movie (V for Vendetta)..u will understand what im talking about after u watch it...its a great great movie really...

peace be upon u..(al salam alykom)
with my best wishes..,
hesham

Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krishna
Member # 12633

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for krishna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one day an indian mahout commanded his six blind sons to wash the family elephant. after the washing was over, the first son said, "now i know what an elephant is like". He had been washing the trunk and he said the elephant is like a large snake. The second son who was washing its sides said, "you're wrong! the elephant is like a huge wall!". The third son who had been washing its ears scornfully laughed,"you fools!! the elephant is like two big banana leaves". The fourth son who was washing its legs scoffed and replied, "your all wrong,"the elephant is like a large roof supported by four large columns". The fifth son who had been washing the elephants tusks replied, "everybody is wrong. i don't know how you could possibly come to those conclusions. i'm the only one who knows the truth. the elephant is nothing more than a couple of bones". the sixth son, who was washing the tail (and couldn't quite reach the top of the tail), laughed and said, "you all must surly be crazy, the elephant is just like a piece of heavenly rope." The father who was listening to all this squabble decided to step in when it turned into a free-for-all fist fight. The father said,"you are all right and you are all wrong".
this story illustrates the condition of modern theoretical relions or "isms". most religious denominations are more or less blind possessing only partial knowledge of the elephant of truth. bigoted religionists fly at one anothers throats exactly like the six blind brothers, each claiming to know the whole truth or the only truth.
personally, i'm only into religion for the sects.

--------------------
when you see a sacred cow..milk it for all it's worth

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Undercover:
while Islam is the most dangerous because it demands you to believe. All other religions fall somewhere in between. To the degree that they are self righteous, they are dangerous.

so christianity in between what dude\duduette?
[Roll Eyes]

Ezekiel 9:5-7

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."

Isaiah 13:15-18

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by krishna:
bigoted religionists fly at one anothers throats exactly like the six blind brothers, each claiming to know the whole truth or the only truth.

Exactly ......
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ [Embarrassed] well...
Posts: 26311 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com