EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » If There Were No God...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If There Were No God...
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What would guide your ideas about right and wrong? Would you still try to do what's *right?* Why or why not?

Do you think your behavior would materially change if there were no God? What if God exists, but there is no hell or punishment for being evil? Would your behavior be worse than it is now?

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krishna
Member # 12633

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for krishna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there were no god...i'd just make up my own religion called Zeroastrianism which involves worship of the God Zeroaster, who never existed. the motto being, "Not seeing is believing" and the ultimate goal is to achieve Nothing- all our efforts for nothing. Not that we would make any effort since it would be a violation of the one and only commandment, "Thou shall not".
THE ZEROASTRIAN CREED
Nothing is sacred
Nothing matters
Nothing makes sense
Nothing lasts forever
Nothing gets out those impossible stains
Nothing beats sex
Some may believe that Nothing is easy, but Nothing could be farther from the truth. Nothing is really difficult, and for some people Nothing is impossible. As you can obviously see- Nothing fits the bill. Nothing is too good for my friends. Nothing will give you peace of mind. If you're the kind of person who worries about everything- try this path and you'll have Nothing to worry about!

--------------------
when you see a sacred cow..milk it for all it's worth

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If There Were No God ,What would guide your ideas about right and wrong? Would you still try to do what's *right?* Why or why not?
Before this question, you should ask If there were no God, Who will Give plant, Oxygen, water, sun, energy, brain, heart, health .......... to infinty.

So I will change your question
If God sent no guidance to us, what we gonna do?

Before I answer this Question We have to define/interpret the Two Words
1-God
2-Guidance

1- God
a-Where is God?
In the last Book sent to humanity by God. It's mentioned that God is in the heavens on his throne having the knowledge of every thing and having his created servants the angels.

b-How many god?
Only one like it was told by his prophets. like our logic that refutes any claim of multiple gods.

2-Guidance: knowledge of what is right and what is wrong. Human brains are all different. Every1 one will judge by his own view point. That's why God makes us in a need to a one judgemental system to unify us( the authentic non-corrupted scripture what are these? let's google "authentic non-corrupted scripture" ). without guidance, the world will be divided into millions of human made systems every1 claims to have his own system..wars will start then Humans will destry each others.

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if thier was no god would it be a bad thing, in the history of the world there has been only 4 weeks of no war the rest is history strange thing these so called gods
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What would *you* do, Batty? What ideas would *you* follow?
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kind of strange that this question is asked on a religious board with 99% strong-believing Muslims!!!!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin - Bokra Fil Mish Mish:
What would *you* do, Batty? What ideas would *you* follow?

I tell you I changed your Question because There is God.

If there is no Guidance from God,

Guidance is like the food, water , air, Brain, If there is no Air, Food , Water, or.. of Course *I* and * We* all will die.

from my view poin
Guidance is two things
1- one that is General to all human being to make them live( because God wants people to live and find the good way and ask for the special guidance that will be mentioned later).
this is for all people ( including those who do not believe )

2- Special Guidance to those who follow the truth and struggle to be Good obeying the duties of God. including those who believe and did Good follow what is inside the heavenly authentic scripture. Those will be rewarded after death ...This is because they r originally believer and has a good intention to obey with no arrogancy /ego mania. However, people could spent all there time unbeliever and grant their special Guidance at the last moment of their life.( I ask God we all get this guidance cuz this is the winning wiz no loss)

snozin, may b u don undertsnad me or I don understand ur question . u can re ask ur question from another side or seek some explanation in something

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

It's a hypothetical guys. Not rocket science. Surely you can conceive of a hypothetical set of circumstances, analyze the situation, and answer accordingly.

Similar hypothetical: What if the sky were red? Would that affect how we see other colors? Would it make trees appear a color other than green? What do you think is necessary to process colors?

I *know* the sky isn't red, yet I can see past my belief system to ponder this question -- without throwing my entire belief system out the window.

What I'm trying to get to is whether anyone believes we have an inherent sense of right and wrong that is not necessarily guided by religion. Then why or why not.

krishna
Member # 12633

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for krishna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its called karma. whatever you do comes back to ya. as you sow, so shall you reap.
i ran over my dogma with my karma

--------------------
when you see a sacred cow..milk it for all it's worth

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by krishna:
its called karma. whatever you do comes back to ya. as you sow, so shall you reap.
i ran over my dogma with my karma

[Big Grin]
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muttawattir (no English word in existence) transmission of the Quran – makes it impossible to even entertain your question Snoozin - [Smile]

Word for Word from then until now~

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin - Bokra Fil Mish Mish:
It's a hypothetical guys. Not rocket science. Surely you can conceive of a hypothetical set of circumstances, analyze the situation, and answer accordingly.

Similar hypothetical: What if the sky were red? Would that affect how we see other colors? Would it make trees appear a color other than green? What do you think is necessary to process colors?

I *know* the sky isn't red, yet I can see past my belief system to ponder this question -- without throwing my entire belief system out the window.

What I'm trying to get to is whether anyone believes we have an inherent sense of right and wrong that is not necessarily guided by religion. Then why or why not.

HSnoozi
Consider me hypothetical also. I did not throw ur entire belief system out the window. I was responding via hypothetical system supporting my view poin. [Smile]
Knowing u get angry, i will tiptoe on you [Smile]

daria1975
Member # 6244

I'm not angry, Batty, just frustrated. [Frown]
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Trollin':
I'm not angry, Batty, just frustrated. [Frown]

Why [Confused] ?
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sobriquet:
Muttawattir (no English word in existence) transmission of the Quran – makes it impossible to even entertain your question Snoozin - [Smile]

Word for Word from then until now~

Hey Snoozin you threw me off with trollin'. I actually thought about you and what you posted 'if there was no god' and I know my last reply was close-minded and an ammendment is in order. You deserve straight answers, here you go snoozin:

If there was no god

Hmphmh

#1 – I wouldn't stress over prayer. I stress over it. It stresses me every time I hear the call to prayer (in a Muslim country). It is like there is another act of disobedience on my part, when I fail to answer the call. I actually love the call to prayer it's the not praying on time or if at all, that stresses me.

#2 – Ramadan – would just be another month if I did not believe. It would ease many things for me because I wouldn't stress over a 9am class (for example)

#3 – Alcohol – I enjoying drinking from time to time and this could mean, periods of everyday, every other day, weekends, or drinking every other month. With Islam it is flagrant irrespective of the quantity or frequency, it is just plain haram. I guess I wouldn't stress over this fact if there wasn't a god.

Otherwise I am who I am and personally I used to associate Islam with my best behavior but the reality is I have matured and I am continuing to mature. I was a badass but life is whooping me into shape and religion is too personal to even play that part.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you think Trollin?
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by krishna:

If there were no god...i'd just make up my own religion called Zeroastrianism which involves worship of the God Zeroaster, who never existed. the motto being, "Not seeing is believing" and the ultimate goal is to achieve Nothing- all our efforts for nothing. Not that we would make any effort since it would be a violation of the one and only commandment, "Thou shall not".
THE ZEROASTRIAN CREED
Nothing is sacred
Nothing matters
Nothing makes sense
Nothing lasts forever
Nothing gets out those impossible stains
Nothing beats sex
Some may believe that Nothing is easy, but Nothing could be farther from the truth. Nothing is really difficult, and for some people Nothing is impossible. As you can obviously see- Nothing fits the bill. Nothing is too good for my friends. Nothing will give you peace of mind. If you're the kind of person who worries about everything- try this path and you'll have Nothing to worry about!

LMAO [Big Grin] Great one, Krishna!

I'll think I'll save this! [Big Grin]

Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com