EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Christian Heaven

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Christian Heaven
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christian Heaven: Would you like to be in this place?

Many people are motivated towards religion, some due to love of God, some due to guaranteed salvation and the rest due to fear of Hell or desire for Paradise.

A Christian is motivated due to the free ticket to heaven, which he believes he has. However, this desire for heaven from the Christian point of view is not well justified as will be explained below.

Lets take a look at what the Christian heaven will have inside it, not the material but the undesirable things and people that will be there.

The whole story of man started from Adam who was created by God and lived in Heaven. He disobeyed God in Heaven due to being tempted by his wife who was tempted by Satan. The Bible tells us that Satan was a beautiful Angel who rebelled. From here we learn that anyone can disobey God in the Christian Heaven. The disobedience was due to woman and women will also be in Christian heaven. So, therefore, chances of disobedience from anyone are very high.

The Christian can argue that the same is the case with Muslims who also believe that Adam lived in heaven and Satan tempted him. This is true to an extent but not completely accurate as the Quran says that the doors of heavens have been closed and locked firmly and if any devil tries to listen to anything behind the door, a shooting star is sent after him (67:5). The Satan is a Jinn according to the Quran and Jinn and humans have free will unlike the Angels. Satan used to roam around before but his movement has been restricted by the shutting of these doors. Before entering Heaven, all the evil, tendency for evil, sin etc will be taken out from everyone and therefore no chance of disobedience as mentioned in the Quran.

In the Islamic Heaven, there is no evil and no disobedience, whereas in the Christian heaven, there will be evil (as proved below) and disobedience.

The evil in the Christian heaven:

1. Adam – The cause of all evil
2. Noah - A nudist (Genesis 9)
3. Samson – Relations with whores (Judges 16:1)
4. Abraham – Married his sister
5. Lot – A drunkard and an incest performer (with his daughters)
6. Moses – A mass murderer, gave permission to rape 3 year olds
7. Isaiah – A nudist
8. Saul – A nudist (I Samuel 19:24)
9. David – A shameless nudist dancer, rapist and a killer
10. Children of Israel – Rebellious, stiff-necked, killers, rapists etc (as per the bible)

Note: All the above names are imaginary Christian and Jewish beliefs of the real people with these names.

All of the above people will be in the Christian heaven including others such as Hitler who killed six million of God’s chosen people and those six million went to hell for denying cross and trinity whereas the killer went to heaven.

How is a person guaranteed security and peace in such a heaven? If they are loved and blessed by God, then what is the guarantee that they will not rape you in heaven? If they rape in heaven, how can one be confident that they will be punished because God has blessed them? No moral, ethical and a peace loving person on Earth would ever like to live with a criminal and heaven is supposed to be a better place. So why will there be worse off conditions there?

If such is the heaven, then hell is better.

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr Amr Al-wahabbi?

Eih el esm el maskhara da?!? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-tabari
Member # 13941

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-tabari     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Whackjob Wahabbi,

Aren't all of those prophets listed above also Muslim prophets?

Why on earth would a believing Muslim argue an athiest's view?

Posts: 36 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
Mr Amr Al-wahabbi?

[Wink]
quote:
Originally posted by al-tabari:
Mr. Whackjob Wahabbi,

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Amr Al-wahabbi:

Note: All the above names are imaginary Christian and Jewish beliefs of the real people with these names.

[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-tabari
Member # 13941

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-tabari     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Mr Amr Al-wahabbi?

[Wink]
quote:
Mr. Whackjob Wahabbi,

quote:

[Roll Eyes]

In otherwords you are deciding for yourself what parts of the Bible and Torah are God's word?

Blasphemy again?

Posts: 36 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there is only heaven, and that heaven is without sin. This heaven is for the ones who have been good, no matter what religion they might have had during their life...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinkerbelle
Member # 13603

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tinkerbelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
I think there is only heaven, and that heaven is without sin. This heaven is for the ones who have been good, no matter what religion they might have had during their life...

i agree
Posts: 22 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freshsoda
Member # 13226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freshsoda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This article in
http://www.answering-christianity.com/adeel_khan/Christian_Heaven.htm

Do you remember Batty when I said you are the clown of this forum, we are laughing on you but we also feel sad for you, if you want to be neutral try to make a comparison between paradise in Islam and Christianity, instead of this poor idiot article that unfortunately reflect your mentality.

Posts: 653 | From: Great Manchester | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissJambi
Member # 13261

Icon 8 posted      Profile for MissJambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO, I GATHER YOU HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE?

I THOUGHT THAT MUSLIMS BELIEVED IN THE BIBLE AND EVERYTHING THAT WENT WITH IT, NOW IM HEARING THIS?

I THINK YOU BETTER KEEP THOSE THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF BECAUSE WE WILL NEVER KNOW TIL WE DIE...THERE IS NO MORE PROOF THAT ISLAM IS REAL THAN THERE IS PROOF THAT CHRISTIANITY IS REAL, SO WATCH WHAT YOU SAY BECAUSE THE MAN UPSTAIRS IS WATCHING..........
IM CONFUSED BECAUSE I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS ALL THE SAME GOD. I DONT THINK HE HAS 2 SEPARATE HEAVENS.

YOU SAY THAT YOU WOULD RATHER GO TO HELL THAN TO O'CHRISTIAN HEAVEN', WELL I WOULD RATHER FOLLOW A MAN THAT PERFORMED MIRACLES AND TAUGHT ABOUT LOVE, THAN A MAN WHO COULDNT WRITE HIS OWN NAME AND COULD BRING HIMSELF TO DO THE MOST HORRIFIC ACT I COULD THINK OF...HAVING SEX WITH A LITTLE GIRL!!!!!!!!!I MEAN IMAGINE YOU HAD A 6 YR OLD DAUGHTER AND SOME GUY WHO CLAIMS ANGELS SPEAK TO HIM COMES AND ASKS TO MARRY HER....MOST MEN WOULD RIP HIS PENIS OFF AND JAM IT IN HIS MOUTH!!! COME ON NOW, WHAT GOD WOULD ALLOW SOMETHING AS DISGUSTING AS THAT?????? AS A MOTHER, IT JUST MAKES ME SICK.
ANY GUY CAN CLAIM HE IS A PROPHET, BUT UNLESS HE IS DOIN' MAJIC TRICKS AND BRINGING THE DEAD BACK TO LIFE (LIKE JESUS DID) THEN HE ISNT NOTHING BUT A WHACKJOB TO ME.
IF IT WAS THIS YEAR, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN LABLED A PEDIFILE AND THROWN INTO LOCKUP.

SO ENJOY YOUR HELL SWEETIE, AND TELL MOHAMMED I SAID HI:)

Posts: 229 | From: florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
I THOUGHT THAT MUSLIMS BELIEVED IN THE BIBLE AND EVERYTHING THAT WENT WITH IT, NOW IM HEARING THIS?
not that bible, we believe in the original Gospel which can't be entirely found today.

quote:
THERE IS NO MORE PROOF THAT ISLAM IS REAL THAN THERE IS PROOF THAT CHRISTIANITY IS REAL
u r wrong. there r proofs about Islam. and there is none about christianity( can u show some miracles commited by Jesus u see in ur life?)

quote:
IM CONFUSED BECAUSE I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS ALL THE SAME GOD. I DONT THINK HE HAS 2 SEPARATE HEAVENS.

One paradise but with different interpretation. according to the corrupted bible, the christian heaven is seen to be a hell with original sin.

quote:

WELL I WOULD RATHER FOLLOW A MAN THAT PERFORMED MIRACLES AND TAUGHT ABOUT LOVE

obviously u dont follow Jesus.
Only muslims are following Jesus.

quote:

HAN A MAN WHO COULDNT WRITE HIS OWN NAME AND COULD BRING HIMSELF TO DO THE MOST HORRIFIC ACT I COULD THINK OF...HAVING SEX WITH A LITTLE GIRL!!!!!

The prophet Muhammed was illiterate and educated By The Holy spirit( angel Jibreel). This is one of his miracles by the way. He was illiterate and he taught the entire world the message of Allah.

The prophet was married to Ayisha the time she reached puberty.

Sexual abuse of children in the church"the supposed origin of the Love that The christian are talking about"
why don u leave ur comment on this thread?

is this the "Love" you are talking about

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:

I GATHER YOU HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE?

It was accurately described to me in the Islamic scribtures ( Quran and Hadith)
Sumbula2
Member # 11665

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sumbula2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
Mr Amr Al-wahabbi?

[Wink]
quote:
Mr. Whackjob Wahabbi,

quote:

[Roll Eyes]

In otherwords you are deciding for yourself what parts of the Bible and Torah are God's word?

Blasphemy again?

are you suggesting that Muslims should actually believe that God's Prophets are acurately described in the Bible? Committing disgusting, sinful acts like rape, molestation, drunkeness, etc?

Please. Be real.

Posts: 140 | From: TX | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fellati achawi
Member # 12885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fellati achawi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
HAN A MAN WHO COULDNT WRITE HIS OWN NAME AND COULD BRING HIMSELF TO DO THE MOST HORRIFIC ACT I COULD THINK OF...HAVING SEX WITH A LITTLE GIRL!!!!
look who the hell is talking in nasty ass florida. the land of 2 live crew, anti-abortion activist Howard Scott Heldreth, Ted Bundy, Debra Lafave, nude beaches and resorts, x box killers, tourist killers, and cant forget my favorite " say hello to my little friend" drug trafficking and etc.
dont you know that your fellow western bj's have sexual consent at very low ages.
spain is 13 yrs old majority of europe 14
canada 14 was 12 until 1890's
my own in-laws were married at the tender age of 13 in Oregon

have you not read the talmud
Sanhedrin 55b . A Jew may marry a three year old girl (specifically, three years "and a day" old).

Sanhedrin 54b . A Jew may have sex with a child as long as the child is less than nine years old.

Kethuboth 11b . "When a grown-up man has intercourse with a little girl it is nothing."

--------------------
لا اله الا الله و محمد الرسول الله

Posts: 495 | From: anchorage, alaska | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbelle:
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:

i agree
And me!

Just being born a Christian does not give you a 'free ticket' to Heaven. You have to have God in your life. And the belief in God means that you live in a certain manner - treating people well, trying to avoid sin (not always possible - we are humans after all!), and this is the way to Heaven.

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
Just being born a Christian does not give you a 'free ticket' to Heaven.
correct me if I'm worng, Doesn't christian believe the Jesus Died on the cross because he carried the sins??

quote:

And the belief in God means that you live in a certain manner - treating people well, trying to avoid sin (not always possible - we are humans after all!), and this is the way to Heaven.

so where is this conclusion coming from? a verse from the bible may b? [Roll Eyes]
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, you have a free ticket. But you have to learn how to receive your free ticket to Heaven.

"Strive to enter through the narrow gate; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able" - Luke 13:24

Salvation is a free gift, offered to us by the Lord even though we don't deserve it and could never pay Him back for it. All he asks is that we follow Him in this life.

It's like a friend giving us a free ticket for a big sporting event or a concert. We would be thrilled to get those tickets, and be ever grateful and thankful to the person that gave them to us. However, although the tickets are free, we still have to do some work to get there. We have to take off work early, get into our cars, drive downtown to the stadium through rush hour traffic, find a place to park and pay for parking, wade through the crowds and then stand in line to get through that stadium gate before getting to the promised event. We know once we get through that gate and into that big event that we are going to have the time of our life, and be in a stadium with thousands of other people enjoying the same party, having the time of their lives!

The problem is for many people though is that those initial steps are just to much hassle, and they leave the free tickets lying on their dresser. Sure, it would be wonderful to go to that event, but it's just not worth all that trouble to get through that gate, so why even put in the effort? They like the idea of going, but it's just so much easier to just go home, put the feet up, and do nothing.

In many ways, the path to heaven is very similar. Christ has paid the price to give us those 'free tickets', but it's up to us to respond to his gift by going through those initial steps required to get down to the gate. Let's not leave our tickets lying on the dresser - let's do what we need to do, and strive to enter through the narrow gate.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
usually i dont like to let my self into this much of stupidness & Scornfulness especially when it come to debate about relgion.

but what happening in this thread is something unbearable and i mean the both sides (muslims&christians)...

-first for (7'offash):- ------------------------

- how do u think u can make others who dont believe in ur faith will like to find out about ur faith and believe ur points whenever u starting the debate by despise what they r believe in it.

-how do u think that u can make anyone debate and talk with u through beautiful way in case of ur way is so rude about their faith.

_how do u expect a repectable manner from the other side if ur manner begin by this way(and NOOOOOOOOO BRO,IT WAS NOT THE MANNER WHICH PROPHET MOHAMMED(PBUH) AND SAHABA AND ANCIENT MUSLIMS WERE USING IT WHEN THEY TALKING WITH ANY ONE WHO IS NON MUSLIM).

_how do u think that the other will going to give u 1 moment to hear u in case of u started by calling him an infidel(u close everydoor between u and him before starting anything).

_what is ur goal through that thread???,telling them u r on the wrong way and islam is right(HOW U COULD THINK THAT ANYONE WILL HEAR U THROUGH USING THIS WAY??!!!!!!!)..,in my eyes u harm and hurt islam through this thread more than being useful for it...,u spoil the view of it instead of making it reach by the right ways which were be used in old ages,in past they were using polite ways in sharing the diffrence between both sides,they were legends but now,im so so sad really,try to know at least any kind of principles of morality and the styles in debating,talking with the others.

_dont u remember this sitiuation when Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) have host the christians of (Nagran)who were coming for him to talk about the relgion,dont u remember that he have hosted them into the mosque itself and they did pray for GOD according christianty inside it,dont u remember him how his manner in talking with the unblievers who were worship stnones in the time of Haj,how was he with those who were harm and hurting him???,there is so much diffrent between ur manner and his manner(pbuh).

-please study so well and then talk about relgion because its not that much simple as u think,and u might destroy not building,i dont like copy&pasters from both sides.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
Originally posted by MissJambi:
---------------------------------------
SO, I GATHER YOU HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE?

I THINK YOU BETTER KEEP THOSE THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF BECAUSE WE WILL NEVER KNOW TIL WE DIE...THERE IS NO MORE PROOF THAT ISLAM IS REAL THAN THERE IS PROOF THAT CHRISTIANITY IS REAL, SO WATCH WHAT YOU SAY BECAUSE THE MAN UPSTAIRS IS WATCHING..........

YOU SAY THAT YOU WOULD RATHER GO TO HELL THAN TO O'CHRISTIAN HEAVEN', WELL I WOULD RATHER FOLLOW A MAN THAT PERFORMED MIRACLES AND TAUGHT ABOUT LOVE, THAN A MAN WHO COULDNT WRITE HIS OWN NAME AND COULD BRING HIMSELF TO DO THE MOST HORRIFIC ACT I COULD THINK OF...HAVING SEX WITH A LITTLE GIRL!!!!!!!!!I MEAN IMAGINE YOU HAD A 6 YR OLD DAUGHTER AND SOME GUY WHO CLAIMS ANGELS SPEAK TO HIM COMES AND ASKS TO MARRY HER....MOST MEN WOULD RIP HIS PENIS OFF AND JAM IT IN HIS MOUTH!!! COME ON NOW, WHAT GOD WOULD ALLOW SOMETHING AS DISGUSTING AS THAT?????? AS A MOTHER, IT JUST MAKES ME SICK.
ANY GUY CAN CLAIM HE IS A PROPHET, BUT UNLESS HE IS DOIN' MAJIC TRICKS AND BRINGING THE DEAD BACK TO LIFE (LIKE JESUS DID) THEN HE ISNT NOTHING BUT A WHACKJOB TO ME.
IF IT WAS THIS YEAR, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN LABLED A PEDIFILE AND THROWN INTO LOCKUP.

SO ENJOY YOUR HELL SWEETIE, AND TELL MOHAMMED I SAID HI:)

U HAVE TO WATCH UR WORDS WELL AND WHO U R TALKING ABOUT,AND SURE U HAVE TO STUDY SO SO WELL AND DEEP TO GET ENOUGH EDUCATION BEFORE SAYING WORDS BY THIS SUPERFICIALITY NAIVER WAY IN TALKING ABOUT SOMEONE WHO IS HOLY FOR MANY MANY OTHERS WHO NEVER INSULTED UR FAITH,GET ENOUGH EDUCATION ABOUT ANYONE BEFORE SAYING THINGS WHICH U HAVE JUST HEARD ON CAFES OR IN TV'S,EVEN IF U HAVE TO SHARE UR OPINION I THINK THERE IS POLITE WAYS WHICH U CAN USE INSTEAD OF THIS,(7'OFFASH)MIGHT MADE U ANGRY,BUT HOW MUCH CHRISTIANS(NOT ALL SURE) IN THIS FORUM USED THE SAME WAY OF COPY&PASTE ABOUT ISLAM AND I DIDNT INSULTED THEIR BY THIS SADLY WAY WHICH U USED,MUSLIMS R NOT ALL SAME,CHRISTIANS,JEWS TOO,U HAVE TO MAKE UR ANGER TOWARDS THE SPECIAL ONE WHO MADE U FEEL ANGRY.

FOR ALL PLEASE COZ IT SEEM A REAL REAL DAMN PROBLEM IN THIS FORUM,PLAESE TRY TO STUDY THIS WORDS IN BOOKS & DICTIONARIES (politeness,respectfulness,manner-of-speaking,..etc)BEFORE GOIIN IN ANY CONVERSATION ESPECIALLY ABOUT RELGION.

THROUGH KNOWING,STUDYING,AND USING THOSE WORDS I THINK EVERYONE WILL ATTRACT THE OTHER TO HEAR HIM INSTEAD OF THIS DAMN WAY WHICH NO ONE CAN WIN FROM IT MUCH MORE THAN ABUSE THE OTHER & GETTING ABUSED FROM THE OTHER.

Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to heaven. If I don't like it then I'll leave.

I'm also going to hell... with my air conditioned suit on with an endless supply of HCFCs... and the setting at 70 degrees.

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a leak in it?

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No leaks, just a simple exchange when the unit depletes itself. Then do the quick-connect route. Simple.
Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7'offash:
quote:
Just being born a Christian does not give you a 'free ticket' to Heaven.
correct me if I'm worng, Doesn't christian believe the Jesus Died on the cross because he carried the sins??

quote:

And the belief in God means that you live in a certain manner - treating people well, trying to avoid sin (not always possible - we are humans after all!), and this is the way to Heaven.

so where is this conclusion coming from? a verse from the bible may b? [Roll Eyes]

Yes, Christians believe when Jesus died, he carried our sins.

However, being born and Christened, then living a very unchristian way of life does not give you a ticket to Heaven. Lots of Christians don't believe in God, and therefore that is a problem (according to the teachings of the Church in getting to Heaven). If a Christian has a strong belief in God, it goes hand in hand with trying to live a moral and good life. This is the way to achieve a way to heaven!

I am not quoting anything from the Bible, nor will I. I am explaining my belief system to you.

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does being saved by Grace mean that we are free to Sin?

Being saved is not accomplished by reciting a few special words. We do not say a magic phrase and become saved. We do not merely say, "Jesus please forgive me" and suddenly all of our sins are automatically wiped away simply because we uttered a special sentence.

On the contrary, salvation is an appeal to God for cleansing from sin, forgiveness, and repentance so that we might not sin. Once we accept Jesus Christ's atonement, we are under obligation to do his will, which is different from doing the dead works of the Mosaic Law that Paul warned about in Ephesians. Not by following the letter of the law, but by following its spirit. Following Jesus is more than just identifying yourself with a particular religion or embracing a certain value system. Following Jesus is all about agreeing with Him! In order to follow Him we must agree with what He says about Himself, humanity, and forgiveness.

Can you see the diffence with Islam? Islam unlike Christianity is a legalistic religion.

Jesus emphasized that human tradition can never have the same authority as the Word of God. The apostle Paul said to the Galatians that fellowship with God is a trust in Christ that works through *love*: “The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.” (5:6) Extra biblical rules may seem spiritual, even helpful and necessary, but given too much emphasis become death to life in the Spirit, and to the individual freedom to which God has called us in Christ.

For the Christian, obedience is to the indwelling Holy Spirit, not to the letter of the law, or religious rules. As Paul has it, “Not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.” (2 Corinthians 3:6)

The Pharisees of the New Testament were dedicated legalists and traditionalists with a loveless, impersonal, and mechanical religion that Jesus emphatically rejected. The Pharisees provide a solemn warning about the danger of self-righteous hypocrisy.

Legalism is a distortion of obedience that can never produce truly good works. Its first fault is that it skews motive and purpose, seeing good deeds as essentially ways to earn more of God’s favour than one has at the moment. Its second fault is arrogance. Belief that one’s labour earns God’s favour begets contempt for those who do not labour in the same way. Its third fault is lovelessness in that its self-advancing purpose squeezes humble kindness and creative compassion out of the heart.

So far, then, from enriching our relationship with God, as it seeks to do, legalism in all its forms does the opposite. It puts that relationship in jeopardy and, by stopping us focusing on Christ, it starves our souls while feeding our pride. Legalistic religion in all its forms should be avoided like the plague.

Legalism is the attempt to please God by erecting hard and fast rules where the Bible does not give them, and then making them binding on oneself and others. It is not a matter of following those things that are commanded, or that have clear biblical principles associated with them. It is a matter of raising so-called doubtful things to the level of commands

Legalism effectively ousts love as the dynamic of the gospel and the Christian life (and so banishes joy from religion), by reducing both to obedience or conformity to a set of external commands or rules, after the manner of the scribes and Pharisees in the gospels.

The Pharisees mistook religious practices for real devotion. Have we not known people who kept all the rules, whose habits were faultless, and yet whose “sanctity” was cold and unattractive? They lacked a sense of the significant, giving priority to trivialities, putting procedure before people, and conformity before compassion. Their religion was all law and no grace, similar to Islam.

Legalism is an attitude, a mentality based on pride. It is an obsessive conformity to an artificial standard for the purpose of exalting oneself. A legalist assumes the place of authority and pushes it to unwarranted extremes. It results in illegitimate control, requiring unanimity, not unity. Pride, which is at the heart of legalism, works guilt, fear and shame. It leads to an emphasis on what should not be, and what one should not do. It flourishes in a drab context of negativism

Legalistic obedience, life before God based on religious achievement, does not bring one into right relationship with God (Galatians 2:16; 3:3) but to alienation from him (Galatians 5:4), to rejection of God’s grace (Galatians 2:21), to a life of legalistic bondage (Galatians 4:9, 21; 5:1), and to the curse of death. (Galatians 3:10–13)

Whenever men forget the love and the forgiveness and the service and the mercy that are at the heart of religion and replace them by the performance of rules and regulations religion is in decline. Christianity has at all times consisted far more in doing things than in refraining from doing things. People matter far more than systems. Persons are far more important than rituals. The final arbiter in the use of all things is love and not law.

Is it fundamentally a matter of what we do for God or of what He has done for us? The truth is we cannot boast in ourselves and in the cross simultaneously. If we boast in ourselves and in our ability to save ourselves, we shall never boast in the cross and in the ability of Christ crucified to save us. We have to choose. Only if we have humbled ourselves as hell-deserving sinners shall we give up boasting of ourselves, fly to the cross for salvation and spend the rest of our days glorying in the cross.

Summary

Legalism attempts to please God with strict rules that are directly opposite to God’s saving grace in Christ. It is contrary to the principle of faith as it attempts to add to the work of the Cross by Law-like works and thus deny the sufficiency of Christ’s sacrifice. It undermines Christian assurance and joy and makes for a self-centred introspective spirituality.

Since it is spiritual and often respectable, it is subtle, deadly and dangerous. It is based on human pride in the obedience accomplished and in the works performed. It causes a man to adopt false priorities and values while at the same time he considers that he is growing in grace and holiness.

Legalism Vs Grace: A Study of Two Contrasting Lifestyles

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconditional_election

Different denominations and different Christians have different views on salvation and heaven.

Some believe in predestination: God selected some people upfront to be saved and go to heaven. You will never know for sure if you are one of the 'chosen' and people make up mythical believes on how to really 'know' that God has chosen you in this life. It can be success or money or a gift like preaching.

Some believe you have to answer the call for love from God and ask Jesus to come live in your hart.

Some believe God has opened heaven for all of us since Jesus took our sins upon him.

Some doubt that there will be an afterlife after all and we have to focus on God's Kingdom on earth.

Some believe we are energy and go back to the energy we came from.

Some wish to leave it open what 'heaven' really means.

I don't know what heaven will be like, but I know it will be allright. And I do believe we all will be there once we completed our earthly life.
We are all God's children and he/she want deny us whatever we do wrong or right. It is grace and not our good works that will keep us in his/her love. As a parent you love all your children, even the ones that make you miserable or hurt themselves in their lives. God can't be less.
Out of love we can see glimpses of the Kingdom in our fellowmen on earth. We can make things happen with the love of God that will make the Kingdom come closer in this life. God's love will brings us in a different reality in this life: God's Kingdom of love.

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ The topic article makes no sense.

Adam and Eve did NOT live in heaven, they lived in the Garden, Eden (on Earth)!! Of course, anyone can disobey God because God has given human beings free will. We are not puppets controlled by God but we control ourselves. What is the point of having a Heaven or Hell in the first place if we do not have the power or right to choose?! A person chooses his or her path to live life, after that all deeds are judged. Isn't that what all Muslims, Christians, and even Jews believe??

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WindyOniyah
Member # 13344

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WindyOniyah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grumman f6f:
I'm going to heaven. If I don't like it then I'll leave.

I'm also going to hell... with my air conditioned suit on with an endless supply of HCFCs... and the setting at 70 degrees.

[Smile] wacked but good answer if some people have a sence of humour
Posts: 370 | From: I luv me Glasses :) | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com