EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » sheep question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sheep question
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a family buys a sheep and has it slaughtered...or does the deed themselves....then what? Do people actually have freezers big enough to store a whole dead sheep? My husband's freezer is like mine...about 1/3 the size of the fridge and on top of it. Maybe 1/2 a leg could fit there but nothing else. What do people do ?
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you talking about a sheep for the eid ?
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalamu alaykum doodlebug,

When people slaughter a cow, lamb, goat, or share in 1/7 of a cow, the sunnah is that you give 1/3 to the poor, 1/3 to your friends and family, and just keep 1/3 for your own family.

I agree that if you had 1/3 cow, you would need a big freezer, but for the smaller animals, when you have cut up approximately 10 kg of meat, and taken the fat and bones off, you don't need such a big freezer. Most people tend to cook a lot of their own meat on the day and share it with people, so that also reduces the amount that they will need to save.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
walaykum salam wa rahmatulahi wa barakatahu newcomer,

Thank you! I always have been curious about what they do with all that meat!

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am also going to take the skins and make a nice sheep skin rug(s)!

--------------------
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و سلم) took hold of my shoulder and said, "Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller."

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

What's the going rate for a sheep?
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can also cut the meat up and mince it, so it will take less space in the freezer.

Yeah how much is a sheep?

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The price for a whole small lamb in the US is approximately $110-$125

The price of a lamb in Egypt is approximately 20-25 L.E per kilo (and this is for live sheep). Keep in mind livestock sellers take advantage of the situation during the holiday so it is recommended that you reserve one in advance at a price.

The price here varies as there are choices, Romanian sheep is very reasonably priced, baladi lamb is always expensive and now they have these advertisements around the city that say 99 JD ($140). And really I don’t know what’s up with that. I asked a taxi driver today what’s the deal and he told me he is as puzzled as I am. The puzzlement stems for the fact that lamb is usually sold by weight and I just don’t get this 99 Dinar price.

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

I am so craving lamb kebabs right now!! [Big Grin]
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just heard local Egyptian pricing for a sheep and a 1/7th share in a cow; in case anyone is still interested. A sheep will cost around 1055 LE and 1/7th of a cow will cost around 930 LE this year.

If anyone would like to participate, Resala (a local charitable organization) have made arrangements to slaughter on a farm, I think. They will organize the slaughtering and if you want to attend you may, and you may also pick up your 1/3 or 2/3 share. If you are not able to go there, they will not only deliver your share to local poor people, but also bring your share to your home too.

Anyone interested can call them at: 2620 7801/02/03/04/05

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I heart Egypt
Member # 14662

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for I heart Egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
What's the going rate for a sheep?

Alas again you are asking the price for a sheep. Why would you do that? Oh because your husband has begged you yet again to send money and this time he's asking you to pay for his sheep? Are you really that desperate for a man, honey?
Posts: 39 | From: New York | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh wonderful, just what we need, another troll [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] Bah'd bah'd troll! *Looks sheepishly at Ayisha* [Razz]
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lumos:
[Big Grin] Bah'd bah'd troll! *Looks sheepishly at Ayisha* [Razz]

dont ewe look at me with those eyes [Eek!]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahaha...I'll stop bleating now, Ayisha. [Cool]
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
[Cool] [Wink]
I heart Egypt
Member # 14662

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for I heart Egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:

Am I a troll because I'm telling the truth about doodlebug? Nope! No trolls here, sorry. Just because she sends money to her husband on a regular basis doesn't make me a troll.
Posts: 39 | From: New York | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

I was just being silly, 'I heart Egypt'. You sound perfectly serious, to me. [Smile]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by I heart Egypt:
quote:

Am I a troll because I'm telling the truth about doodlebug? Nope! No trolls here, sorry. Just because she sends money to her husband on a regular basis doesn't make me a troll.
no you are right, it doesnt make it your business what she does with her money either does it. [Wink]
bosox65
Member # 14647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bosox65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Making a false id for the sole purpose of taunting me does make you a troll. Again, I'm flattered that you spend this much time and energy on me. [Smile]
Posts: 20 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I heart Egypt
Member # 14662

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

no you are right, it doesnt make it your business what she does with her money either does it. [Wink]
I can comment on things she stupidly decides to share. It's a fact that she supports her husband and pretends that she doesn't. It's called hypocrisy and her posts are gleaming with it. I'll go ahead and respond as I see fit, thank you again!
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bosox65:
Making a false id for the sole purpose of taunting me does make you a troll.

Agreed.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I can comment on things she stupidly decides to share. It's a fact that she supports her husband and pretends that she doesn't. It's called hypocrisy and her posts are gleaming with it. I'll go ahead and respond as I see fit, thank you again!
'I heart Egypt'...you are entitled to comment when people tell blatant lies on ES. I agree with Ayisha, that it's up to DB what she does with her money, but I also see that Doodlebug brings a lot of grief on herself. Why? Because, there are members of ES whom are also members of a visa forum she posts on. Seemingly, she says one thing on that forum...then the opposite here. She then gets extremely angry when people question her and points the blame at others. It makes her look foolish, at best...hypocritical, at worst.

I do agree that 'IHE' should directly tell Doodlebug whom she is...if she doesn't know...and to save members of ES being wrongly blamed for trolling.

I heart Egypt
Member # 14662

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Making a false id for the sole purpose of taunting me does make you a troll. Again, I'm flattered that you spend this much time and energy on me. [Smile]
This is not a false ID or a cover. I am a new member yes. I have been doing lots of reading on here and these are the conclusions that I have reached so far, however Doodlebug never ceases to amaze me so I'm sure I'll need to adjust my opinion of her from time to time as she grows more stupid. Once again, not a troll but I really don't care if that's what you want to call me for calling someone out.
I heart Egypt
Member # 14662

Member Rated:
QUOTE]'I heart Egypt'...you are entitled to comment when people tell blatant lies on ES. I agree with Ayisha, that it's up to DB what she does with her money, but I also see that Doodlebug brings a lot of grief on herself. Why? Because, there are members of ES whom are also members of a visa forum she posts on. Seemingly, she says one thing on that forum...then the opposite here. She then gets extremely angry when people question her and points the blame at others. It makes her look foolish, at best...hypocritical, at worst.

I do agree that 'IHE' should directly tell Doodlebug whom she is...if she doesn't know...and to save members of ES being wrongly blamed for trolling. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I have never seen this much hypocrisy in my life. Doodlebug is the most foolish person I have ever encountered. Words cannot describe her lack of common sense and knowledge about everything she talks about. Sad.

Lumos
Member # 14589

'I heart Egypt'...the 'Bug' appears to now be accusing me of being you, on another thread. [Roll Eyes] Her idiocy never fails to amuse me. She lies like a rug. Just once, I'd like to see her use her brain and think. I guess that it too much too ask for. I have told her many, many times on ES what I think of her. My profile makes it plain who I am. Why would I need to suddenly make up a troll to get my point over? Ludicrous. [Roll Eyes]
I heart Egypt
Member # 14662

Member Rated:
quote:
'I heart Egypt'...the 'Bug' appears to now be accusing me of being you, on another thread. [Roll Eyes] Her idiocy never fails to amuse me. She lies like a rug. Just once, I'd like to see her use her brain and think. I guess that it too much too ask for. I have told her many, many times on ES what I think of her. My profile makes it plain who I am. Why would I need to suddenly make up a troll to get my point over? Ludicrous. [Roll Eyes]

She's a super paranoid freak is all. Dont' sweat it. She'll believe what she wants to as seen in all of her posts about her wonderful husband and her knowledge of Islam and Egypt.
bosox65
Member # 14647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bosox65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't see me loving nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me
Baby the skies will be blue
For all my life

Me and you
And you and me
No matter how they tossed the dice
It had to be
The only one for me is you
And you for me
So happy together

Posts: 20 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Doodlebug's only defence is anger and lies. She has the audacity to accuse me of being 'IHE'...simply as she is too vain to recognise that others can't stand her behaviour here either. She never, ever learns. Predictable as clockwork, is the Bug. [Big Grin]
I heart Egypt
Member # 14662

Member Rated:
quote:
Doodlebug's only defence is anger and lies. She has the audacity to accuse me of being 'IHE'...simply as she is too vain to recognise that others can't stand her behaviour here either. She never, ever learns. Predictable as clockwork, is the Bug. [Big Grin]

I never imagined in my whole life that such hypocrisy existed along with such stupidity and blindness. Doodlebug- you are 100% being used by your husband for a visa, and a greencard. He doesn't care for you. You cannot provide children and although money is good, he wants kids.
I heart Egypt
Member # 14662

Member Rated:
I just don't see how she cannot even know how hypocritical and contradictory she is and just admit it and try to move on. She is in such denial that maybe she's a bit off that it's pathetic. Just wow.
bokragirl
Member # 14684

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bokragirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
quote:
Making a false id for the sole purpose of taunting me does make you a troll.

Agreed.
and it's ok for you to discriminate others? how ironic doods
Posts: 82 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com