EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Fish is forbidden in Islam !!! (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Fish is forbidden in Islam !!!
Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Text of the Bible and Some Types of Corruption in It
Posts: 1201 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freshsoda
Member # 13226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freshsoda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Egypt:
The Text of the Bible and Some Types of Corruption in It

The condition to scribe Torah.

1-Every detail in the preparation of a Torah Scroll is prescribed by law

2-The ink may not contain metal, nor may the scroll be written with a metal instrument, for metal can be forged into weapons which take life while the Torah gives life.

3-Only the words of the Torah may be inscribed on the scroll: neither instructions, nor commentary, nor illustrations, nor illuminations are permitted

4-The scribe must be learned and pious and must exert the greatest care in assuring correctness, copying from an examined text, not from memory.

5-He must pronounce every word before writing it, and must make sure that his letters are well formed and that there is sufficient space between them, "so that even an ordinary school boy" can readily distinguish between even similar letters.

6-Before writing the name of God, the scribe must state, "My intention is now to write the Holy Name"; then he must inscribe it without interruption. Should he err, he may not erase the mistake;the whole sheet must be put away, to await later reverential interment in consecrated earth. Rabbi Ishmael admonished a scribe, "be careful in thy work, as it is heavenly work, lest thou err in omitting or adding one iota, and so cause the destruction of the whole world."

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/loc/Torah.html

Caring for Torah scrolls

http://www.torahsofer.com/guardagainst.htm

GUARD AGAINST ENEMIES OF TORAH

THEFT: The Torah scroll should be kept in a secure place as well as properly insured. We appraise scrolls for this purpose.

HUMIDITY: Protect against this big enemy by having your heichal (where you keep your scrolls) waterproofed. Before Simhath Torah, wrap scrolls in plastic under the mantles to prevent perspiration from damaging the klaf.

VENTILATION: To prevent mildew from corroding the parchment make sure that your Heichal is properly ventilated and cool. Alternate scrolls periodically.

CLEANING: With time, some older scrolls accumulate dust which erodes the ink causing letters to crumble. Call us to have your parchment professionally cleaned. We use a special chemical solution to clean the entire parchment improving its appearance and preventing further erosion.

ROLLING & TYING: A scroll has to be rolled very precisely in order to protect the parchment edges from becoming frayed and pages from being creased. The first step is to have atzey haim (wood rollers) which fit properly. Unless reinforced, frayed edges can develop into tears which can cost thousands of dollars to repair both the torn parchment and destroyed letters. In the same way, the scroll should be tied securely avoiding sharp metal clasps.

KISSING: If your congregants kiss the letters before their blessing, this may be the kiss of death since it may cause the letters to disintegrate. Touching scratches and deposits moisture, oils and dirt on the parchment. Have them kiss the back side of the parchment instead.

LOSING THE PLACE: If you find a missing or broken letter make a sign immediately. During the week a light pencil mark can be made at the top of the column. On Shabbat a paper clip can be fastened to top of the column to show the sofer where the repair is needed.

PROCRASTINATION: Repair the scroll immediately after the problem is identified. A scroll should not be left uncared for for more than 30 days.

Come on man after all these cares and careful,you claim they changed their holy books,why don't you trust God that he protects his words,don't justify the credibility of Islam as religion from God on others account.

Quran
[10:94] "If thou were in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt" [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 653 | From: Great Manchester | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just come across one of the most bizarre fatwas I've read in a long time:

Ruling on eating mermaids [Eek!]

Many of the fuqaha’ mentioned mermaids and differed on the ruling concerning them. Some of them said that they are permissible (to eat) because of the general meaning of the evidence which says that whatever is in the sea is permissible

Ibn Hazm (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Muhalla (6/50): As for that which lives in the water and cannot live anywhere else, it is all halaal no matter what state it is in, whether it is caught alive and then dies, or it dies in the water and then floats or does not float, whether it was killed by a sea creature or a land animal. It is all halaal to eat, whether it is the pig of the sea (i.e., a dolphin), a mermaid, or a dog of the sea (i.e., shark) and so on. It is halaal to eat, whether it was killed by an idol-worshipper, a Muslim, a kitaabi (Jew or Christian) or it was not killed by anyone.

Al-Durayr – a Maaliki scholar – said in al-Sharh al-Sagheer (2/182): Sea animals in general are permissible, whether it is dead meat or a ‘dog’ (shark) or a ‘pig’ (dolphin), and they do not need to be slaughtered properly. End quote.
Al-Saawi said in his commentary on that: The words “or a ‘dog’ or a ‘pig’ also include a ‘human’, referring thereby to mermaids. End quote.

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"By Allah, a number of Iraqi religious scholars came to me, and said: 'We have a problem.' What was the problem? They said: There have been so many American casualties that they loaded them on trucks and threw them away in the desert. But because the number of casualties was so high... The Iraqi scholars were asking me for a fatwa. They asked me to issue a fatwa on the following question: 'Because there were so many casualties, the Americans began to throw them into the Tigris and the Euphrates. The fish have eaten from the flesh of the American and have gotten fat. Are we permitted to eat these fish or not?' Yes. This is the truth, brothers.

http://www.memri.org/bin/articles.cgi?Page=archives&Area=sd&ID=SP115406

Fatwas issued against Iraqi fish

Islamic clerics in Baghdad suddenly have a new target for their fatwas, the carp caught in the Tigris River that have supplied the Iraqi city for centuries.

While the catching and selling of the river's carp has been a centuries-old tradition in Baghdad, the rising number of human bodies strewn into the body of water has some clerics deeming the fish unhealthy and worthy of a fatwa, The Times of London said Wednesday.

The number of bodies dumped in the river has been increasing as of late in the wake of violent sectarian conflicts.

Among those suffering because of the religious proclamations is 55-year-old fisherman Abu Ayyad, who stands behind the fish his ancestors also made a living from.

"Personally, I still think the river fish is the best, but because of the situation few of my customers will touch it," Ayyad said.

The Times said until the bodies are removed from the Tigris, Ayyad's customers will be forced to purchase farmed carp for their traditional masgouf dinner.

http://www.iraqupdates.com/p_articles.php/article/18817

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well Dalia that would depend greatly on which 'type' of water river water is classified under. there are 4 types of 'water' which are then divided into different types under those 4 headings. Sea water is pure but im not sure if river water comes under the classification of Mutlaq water like rain, snow and hail, if it does then it is pure. It could be classified as 'used water' or 'water mixed with pure elements' or 'water mixed with impure elements'. I dont think it would be classified as 'leftover water'. If it is classed as Pure water like snow rain or hail, then you would have to look further to see what 'types' of impure things would render it 'impure'.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

* All are in agreement that fish with scales are halal
* Sunnis consider all fish to be halal, while some Shias consider some fish haraam. Within mostly the Hanafi School of thought, there is a strong position that shellfish (shrimp, lobster, crab, clams, etc.) are prohibited[citation needed].
* Most agree that frogs are haraam due to the prohibition of killing them in hadith. In fact it is common belief among Southeast Asian Muslims that animals who live on both land and sea (such as amphibians, some reptiles, and some species of bird) are off limits
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal

A fish without scales is haraam.

Is filet o fish halal or haram?

It's haram if they fry it in the same oil as the chicken. [Embarrassed]

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=4342&ln=eng

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Undercover its all to do with the purity of the water, not the fish, we know what fish are ok, now with dead bodies floating about in it a decision has to be made as to whether this would make the pure water impure.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
well Dalia that would depend greatly on which 'type' of water river water is classified under. there are 4 types of 'water' which are then divided into different types under those 4 headings. Sea water is pure but im not sure if river water comes under the classification of Mutlaq water like rain, snow and hail, if it does then it is pure. It could be classified as 'used water' or 'water mixed with pure elements' or 'water mixed with impure elements'. I dont think it would be classified as 'leftover water'. If it is classed as Pure water like snow rain or hail, then you would have to look further to see what 'types' of impure things would render it 'impure'.

I thought the prohibition was not because of the water but because the fish had eaten parts of corpses, no?

I always thought the fish that humans normally eat are not carnivores?! Would those carps mentioned in the article eat parts of humans?

[Confused]

But you're right, the water itself would definitely be poisoned. Ugh.

Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't they just say that noone is his right mind should eat contaminated fish? That's common sense.

Why do they have to drag religion into everything? [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Undercover:
Couldn't they just say that noone is his right mind should eat contaminated fish? That's common sense.

Why do they have to drag religion into everything? [Roll Eyes]

I think someone called God said that, but then some men didnt understand that as they had no common sense and wrote vast amounts of books to 'clarify' it for others with no common sense.
RaMin loves Serqet
Member # 14711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaMin loves Serqet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shrimp,crabs,lobsters,etc are the swine of the ocean...

i took "dead" as being rotten, or meat thats been sitting around for a while, not fresh.

vegetarian is probly better but most are GOING to eat meat...

peace

--------------------
peace

Posts: 39 | From: Everywhere/Nowhere | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by Ra loves Serqet:
vegetarian is probly better but most are GOING to eat meat...

If a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals.

~ Albert Einstein

As long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seeds of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love.

~ Pythagoras

RaMin loves Serqet
Member # 14711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaMin loves Serqet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can dig it !!

i felt alot less "agressive" when i stopped eating meat...

--------------------
peace

Posts: 39 | From: Everywhere/Nowhere | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Mmh ... that's a nice idea but I'm not sure whether it's possible to generalize about that. I've also experienced aggressive vegetarians. [Wink]
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com