EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Are there any Jews on ES? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Are there any Jews on ES?
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reality Meanie, yeah there are many intellectuals who are leaving Egypt. But that doesn't mean that the country doesn't have any to the extent that you accuse a guy who says he knows intellectual arabs of lying. That's a bit of a generalization is it not?

So you didn't answer my question, how fluent are you in Arabic?

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clarification:
I meant 'Arabs that have a high intellect'. I was not referring to a specific group that is called 'Arab Intellectuals' in Egypt. I was referring to my Egyptian friends, my Arab friends, a lot of my relatives, family and colleagues that have a high intellect, that live in Egypt, and that discuss all sorts of challenging issues - including different religions - with an objective attitude.

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7ayat, sono will be asleep now, its about 6.30am where she is. She is barely fluent in American English and she is certainly not fluent in Arabic.

Almaz, not much use explaining to her what you meant, everyone else understood what you meant.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almaz, there was no need for a clarification for those of us who can read English, and apply a degree of common sense. [Smile]
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
Reality Meanie, yeah there are many intellectuals who are leaving Egypt. But that doesn't mean that the country doesn't have any to the extent that you accuse a guy who says he knows intellectual arabs of lying. That's a bit of a generalization is it not?

Does it really matter how fluent in Arabic I am?

Seriously most of Egypt's banned books are translated into English and I can go down to the Wilson library whenever I chose and read books you don't have access to.

Oh by the way 7ayat, how fluent is your husband in al-Arabi? He can't pray in al-Arabi and I highly doubt he's read as many banned books as I have, so who then is more fluent?

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Almaz.:
Clarification:
I meant 'Arabs that have a high intellect'. I was not referring to a specific group that is called 'Arab Intellectuals' in Egypt. I was referring to my Egyptian friends, my Arab friends, a lot of my relatives, family and colleagues that have a high intellect, that live in Egypt, and that discuss all sorts of challenging issues - including different religions - with an objective attitude.

And lowly government employees (teachers especially) aren't of "high intellect"?

You can be poor and still hold a PhD and a genius IQ.

You can be poor and have read volumes of books, most of the great minds who have shaped civilization died in abject poverty.

Its the wealthy who are normally cut off from developing knowledge, logic and the ability to think critically.

You see when you achieve success its not due entirely to your ability to problem solve, create, or build resourceful tools for society. No its the ability to capitalize on the hard work of others without questioning the status quo and socieity's power structure.

The persons who problem solve, create, or build resourceful tools for society are not the ones who capitalize or make money off of their ideas; no its the idiot who can't think for themselves. The yes man who doesn't care who they hurt.

But then again its the "yes man" who claims to have "high intellect".

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saudi Man in the Street asks, "Would you shake hands with a Jew?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIgG3qvcUX8

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by * 7ayat *:

Seriously most of Egypt's banned books are translated into English and I can go down to the Wilson library whenever I chose and read books you don't have access to.

Oh by the way 7ayat, how fluent is your husband in al-Arabi? He can't pray in al-Arabi and I highly doubt he's read as many banned books as I have, so who then is more fluent?
[/QUOTE

Sonomod, you keep changing the subject, I can't keep up with you ya benti. It's ridiclous to claim that an entire country doesn't have any intellectuals. What about all those professors and Ph.D's, and new newspapers that came out in the past two years like El Destour, and El Karama and El Masry El Yom. I mean I agree with you that many of the controversial Egyptians are banned, and there's definatly a brain drain going on, but that doesn't mean there aren't any intellectuals in the country.

I'm not sure why you are asking about my hubby's Arabic, but I will answer you anyway. My husband's colloquial is pretty fluent but he does make a lot of grammatical mistakes. He also uses old Arabic words that no one uses anymore. He learned them from his dad who left the country in the 1970's, so it's old fashioned Arabic. His classical however is awful. He can read if he wants but is extremely slow, and doesn't comprehend a lot of it.

He doesn't however claim to be fluent like you my dear sonomod. You said in your post that you would only know the difference if you are fluent and you are NOT.

Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by * 7ayat *:

[/QUOTE

Sonomod, you keep changing the subject, I can't keep up with you ya benti. It's ridiclous to claim that an entire country doesn't have any intellectuals. What about all those professors and Ph.D's, and new newspapers that came out in the past two years like El Destour, and El Karama and El Masry El Yom. I mean I agree with you that many of the controversial Egyptians are banned, and there's definatly a brain drain going on, but that doesn't mean there aren't any intellectuals in the country.

I'm not sure why you are asking about my hubby's Arabic, but I will answer you anyway. My husband's colloquial is pretty fluent but he does make a lot of grammatical mistakes. He also uses old Arabic words that no one uses anymore. He learned them from his dad who left the country in the 1970's, so it's old fashioned Arabic. His classical however is awful. He can read if he wants but is extremely slow, and doesn't comprehend a lot of it.

He doesn't however claim to be fluent like you my dear sonomod. You said in your post that you would only know the difference if you are fluent and you are NOT.

Yassmine Don't you dare call me a girl.

I am a woman in all her entirity, I was married and had a child before you left your parents home so don't screw with me. You have yet to prove you are a woman, let alone female. Where is this baby you were pregnant with? Without that baby there is no proof you are a woman.

secondly I didn't say there weren't any intellectuals residing in Egypt. These bonafide intelluals are in and out of prison all the time.

Actually if you know anything about the rise of the 3rd Reich and Mousellini you'd understand that before fascism or a totalarium government takes over there is a flush of media houses are shut down and several more take their place. Most of the time its rather easy for a new media house to set up shop when they have backing of the government.

I didn't say that Egypt doesn't have intellectuals. What I did illustrate is Egypt doesn't have a safe environment right now for intellectuals to operate. Anyone who choses to befriend or socialize with these bonafide intellectuals would not be broadcasting it on a public forum without some fear attached.

But there are bona fide intellectuals who would not do well under a number of new Egyptian laws against freedom of speech and freedom of the press. Then there are so-called intellectuals who are created in the vacuum of those repressive laws.

Personally I'd rather read and study the work of bonafide intellectuals than the new intellectuals who have no problem speaking and writting work that the Egyptian government doesn't feel the need to repress.

Seriously a duck can't tell the difference between a duck and a decoy, but a hunter can.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Sonomod, GIRL, you are not taking enough medication ya GIRL. When was I ever pregnant? I'm not pregnant and never ever was pregnant heheh lol. And why on earth would I have to have a baby to prove that I'm a woman inshallah? Plus sonomod GIRL, I don't think the feminists will be very happy with what you said about a woman is only a woman if she had a baby. What about all those great women out there who never got pregnant? are they not women or what?

And what about women who leave their toddler daugthers in another country? Are They women in your opinion? See a child is not something you produce and then forget about, you actually have to RAISE IT.

Look the bottom line is, it's ridicolous and racist to claim that an entire country doesn't have any intellectuals which you DID. So you either drop that dumb theory, or go join Tigerlily in her racist club.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
oh and by the way, "Ya benti" doesn't mean "GIRL". It means daughter, and it's often used between women in Egypt. God your Arabic sucks.
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

quote:
oh and by the way, "Ya benti" doesn't mean "GIRL". It means daughter, and it's often used between women in Egypt. God your Arabic sucks.

Possibly in this instance to meet your aims.

You can't take it back now you can't go back and edit.

You meant what you meant. But then I suppose you are using this tactic on your husband since he doesn't understand Arabi enough to pray properly. [Roll Eyes]

Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

quote:
Sonomod, GIRL, you are not taking enough medication ya GIRL. When was I ever pregnant? I'm not pregnant and never ever was pregnant heheh lol. And why on earth would I have to have a baby to prove that I'm a woman inshallah? Plus sonomod GIRL, I don't think the feminists will be very happy with what you said about a woman is only a woman if she had a baby. What about all those great women out there who never got pregnant? are they not women or what?

And what about women who leave their toddler daugthers in another country? Are They women in your opinion? See a child is not something you produce and then forget about, you actually have to RAISE IT.

Look the bottom line is, it's ridicolous and racist to claim that an entire country doesn't have any intellectuals which you DID. So you either drop that dumb theory, or go join Tigerlily in her racist club.

Again it wasn't what I had posted. You can make my posts into something their not.

But then again its not a tactic of mine.

And God did decide me worthy of Motherhood and you are not.

Better luck next time, try re-evaluating how you respond to situations in which "inferior people" (ahem, not raised in a Muslim nation like your kafir infected husband) won't bow down to you.

If you chose to handle your kafir/chosen interactions better then possibly God will bless you with true womanhood. Like God had done for me.

[Big Grin]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Again it wasn't what I had posted. You can make my posts into something their not.

ROFL OMG did she really say this? [Big Grin] OMG [Big Grin]

quote:
and your husband decided you are NOT

quote:
Better luck next time, try re-evaluating how you respond to situations in which "inferior people" (ahem, not raised in a Muslim nation like your kafir infected husband) won't bow down to you.
where is your husband sono?? oh yes, USA, and refuses to go back to Egypt even to see his own daughter.

quote:
If you chose to handle your kafir/chosen interactions better then possibly God will bless you with true womanhood. Like God had done for me.

[Big Grin]

and raising those children God has blessed you with is what makes a MOTHER. All females over the age of puberty are woman.

Bint is girl or daughter in Arabic. Its no different to you saying on many occassions about your 'girlfriends' or are we to assume they are in fact 'girlfriends' and thats why your husband wouldnt allow his daughter to be raised by you?

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooooo my god reality that was so mean about mother hood not funny just think how we would feel if we couldnt have kids i would die!!
i aint startin nothin and i hope i misread yr post here!!!!
that really makes me feel so sad!!!
sad not physocitic lol

i really hope i read that wrong!!!
and 7ayat about rasing a child i raised my twins but my mother raised my son!!!
having children are a godsend and reality thank god u was able to have kids!!!
unfortunatly some women can not
and what makes me sick is the women who dont want their kid throw them away when they could have givin their kids to a lovin couple!!!i aint sayin yal did all this its just hypotheticaly!!
im babbling now lol

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Possibly in this instance to meet your aims.

You can't take it back now you can't go back and edit.

You meant what you meant. But then I suppose you are using this tactic on your husband since he doesn't understand Arabi enough to pray properly. [Roll Eyes]

Ya bent without an I means girl, Ya benti with an i means daughter and is used often in conversation with women and from a man to a woman. The same as ya khoya, which means my brother also used all the time.

If you had even a 1% grasp of the Arabic language you would have known that, because it's actually one of things that foreginers learn immediatly when they are trying to learn the language.

Why don't you hire an Arabic Tutor, and give us all a reast hmmm?

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

[Big Grin]

We can all see your posts my dear GIRL. They are amusing enough, no need to twist them.

Giving you a child doesn't mean that God thinks you worthy of motherhood. Or else he would have never given children to that woman who drowned her four kids.

Plus, you are not a mother, you are just the woman who gave birth to that girl, kind of like a surrogate if you like. A mother is the one who raises the child, who takes cares of them when they are sick, who helps them walk and talk and who stands by them in their time of need. But how could you do any of that when you've dumped your daughter in another country, and you see her what? Once a year? If you're a good mother than Saddam Hussein was a good and just prsident lol

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:

and 7ayat about rasing a child i raised my twins but my mother raised my son!!!
having children are a godsend and reality thank god u was able to have kids!!!

Tina, I actually don't have any kids so far. But hopefully soon inshallah [Smile]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com