EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Going to Egypt as a New Muslim-do I need papers?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Going to Egypt as a New Muslim-do I need papers?
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, i posted this before but have been told im better off giving it new title so here goes, i am a new muslim (revert) i took my shahada 5 weeks ago, i am going to egypt(cairo) next week and have been told i can get papers saying i am a muslim, i didn get anything when i did my shahada and i dont no if i should have, but have since been told i can get one,so my question is does anyone no where i can go to do this? i did get a reply from someone and was happy with that, but i dont no what area that i go, can anyone help more???
Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, you can go to Al Azhar very near the Al Azhar park [Big Grin]

Here is a google map link: http://tinyurl.com/4d6ar4

Enter from the stairs under the pointer, and should be the first room on the right side. If not the guys at the front desk reception area speak english and can direct you.

You will get your papers on the same day as well as some books. It's all free of cost too.

Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BIC RUNGA ROCKS ACCEPTS NO PMs
Member # 14666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIC RUNGA ROCKS ACCEPTS NO PMs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello bluesky..many congrats first...second...pls don`t hesitate to contact me incase you need any help with any papers specially your islamic certificate .i also offer my help if you need any kind of help in Egypt . it is true as Ford Perfect said...all your papers will be for free...and also my help . i`m only after the reward of helping a Muslim Sister inshaAllah.
i remember you asked me before for some help regarding something , but i don`t remember what exactly..i am still willing to help you .
and welcome to Egypt .
contact me here if you need something :
travel@skyline-group.com

Posts: 151 | From: hidden somewhere | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalamu alaykum xblueskyx!

Although you can get a paper here to certify that you are a Muslim, I'm not quite sure why you are coming here to get one. If the masjid where you said your shahadah didn't issue any paperwork, I'm sure that you could get something in the UK. Have you tried contacting somewhere like Regent's Park Mosque or one of the bigger ones to ask about it?

Also, not quite sure why you feel that you need a paper for this. The only time I have ever needed one was to go to perform Umrah in Saudi Arabia. The other time you may need one is if you want to get married in certain places, but I don't know of any other occasion when you might need one. Maybe someone else knows of another reason.

If you just want a paper, because you would like to have one, no problem. But it's certainly not something that you have to come to Egypt to do.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Assalamu alaykum xblueskyx!

Although you can get a paper here to certify that you are a Muslim, I'm not quite sure why you are coming here to get one. If the masjid where you said your shahadah didn't issue any paperwork, I'm sure that you could get something in the UK. Have you tried contacting somewhere like Regent's Park Mosque or one of the bigger ones to ask about it?

Also, not quite sure why you feel that you need a paper for this. The only time I have ever needed one was to go to perform Umrah in Saudi Arabia. The other time you may need one is if you want to get married in certain places, but I don't know of any other occasion when you might need one. Maybe someone else knows of another reason.

If you just want a paper, because you would like to have one, no problem. But it's certainly not something that you have to come to Egypt to do.

Do you actually NEED some type of paperwork to certify that you've converted to Islam? What would you use that for- like Hajj?
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems that if you hold a British/western passport and your name doesn't identify you as a Muslim, you need to have a certificate to prove that you have said your shahadah in front of a recognized authority to be able to get a visa for Hajj/Umrah.

I actually have two now, as I got one when I first said my shahadah, but I didn't have it with me in Jordan when I got the chance to go to Umrah, so I had to go and get another one. Perhaps I should get one here in Egypt too and start a collection [Wink]

And in some countries you need to show a certificate to get married to a Muslim.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com