EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » divorced

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: divorced
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if a women asks her husband for a divorce during a argument, and he says ok if thats wat you want, i divorce you, and then later says he didnt mean it, and says its not valid because
1, he didn say it 3 times

2 that he said it in english

does it mean they are divorced as she thinks, or as he says they still married ???? please someone help answer this question [Confused] [Confused]

Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strangeways.
Member # 14842

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strangeways.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Technology marches on, but Islamic law remains immutable.

Man divorces two wives in three minutes using SMS

KUALA LUMPUR: A Malaysian businessman divorced both his wives in three minutes, pronouncing 'talaq' by using the short messaging service (SMS) in front of a lower court judge.

Roslan Ngah, 44, informed the media in advance about his intention but the latter took it as an April Fool's joke, till it actually happened, The Star newspaper said on Wednesday.

He admitted that the two wives, having become "close friends", had actually sought the divorce together and he felt sad about it.

"They are like good friends but I never imagined that both of them had collectively decided to divorce me," he said.

His relationships with them had been strained. But he could "never imagine" that both would seek separation from him, said the newspaper.

The newspaper did not explain why Ngah had sought to use the SMS while in Kuala Terrenganu's Lower Syariah Court.

He first pronounced 'talaq' (intention to divorce) to his second wife Mastura Ahmad, 35, then to Norhayati Ismail, 46, before judge Wan Abdul Malik Wan Sidek.

The judge said this was the first time in the court's history that two wives had sought a divorce at the same time.

Norhayati, a homemaker, has four children (aged nine to 22) with Roslan after marrying him in 1986.

Mastura, a nurse at the Sultanah Nur Zahirah Hospital, has two, aged six and 10, following their marriage in 1995.

Both women looked composed during the proceedings. Accompanying Norhayati was her eldest daughter, Nurfarhana, 19.

The divorces were made under Section 44 of the Terengganu Syariah Enactment.

Roslan confessed that he was also married to another woman in 2001 and they were blessed with a baby girl but they separated in 2004.

When asked whether he would remarry, Roslan replied: "If my fate says so, I have no qualms and this time I hope that my marriage will last forever".

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strangeways.
Member # 14842

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strangeways.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xblueskyx:
if a women asks her husband for a divorce during a argument, and he says ok if thats wat you want, i divorce you, and then later says he didnt mean it, and says its not valid because
1, he didn say it 3 times

2 that he said it in english

does it mean they are divorced as she thinks, or as he says they still married ???? please someone help answer this question [Confused] [Confused]

The husband may initiate the divorce process by pronouncing the talaq, the formula of repudiation, three times. The first two times the talaq is pronounced, it may be withdrawn. But the third time it is pronounced, the divorce is irrevocable.

Triple talaq is made by saying "talaq, talaq, talaq" when the wife is in the state of purity*. No fault needs to be found with the wife for a husband to divorce her and she will have been divorced upon the third time.

There is no waiting period before the husband can remarry. The wife must usually wait three months after the third talaq has been spoken before remarrying (this period is known as iddah). While the husband may divorce his wife extra-judicially when he considers the marriage has broken down, the wife may, according to some schools of Islamic law, approach a Sharia Court and petition it for a grant of divorce though this is to be avoided as far as possible, as guided by the saying of the Prophet, "among all the things that God has made legal, divorce is most hateful".

The practice is banned by law in many nations, including Turkey, Tunisia, Algeria, Iraq, Iran, Indonesia, and Bangladesh. India still permits it. Recently, in India, a man uttered the word "talaq" thrice in his sleep, and his wife told some friends. When local Islamic leaders heard of this, they forced the couple of 11 years and three children to separate, and enforced the triple talaq law.

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so does that mean sayin it once makes it non valid?? and also can it be in any language? not arabic ??
Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strangeways.
Member # 14842

Rate Member
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/36580
Strangeways.
Member # 14842

Rate Member
"Triple talaq is made by saying "talaq, talaq, talaq" when the wife is in the state of purity* (sic)"

Narrated Nafi: Ibn 'Umar bin Al-Khattab divorced his wife during her menses. Allah's Apostle ordered him to take her back till she became clean, and when she got another period while she was with him, she should wait till she became clean again and only then, if he wanted to divorce her, he could do so before having sexual relations with her. And that is the period Allah has fixed for divorcing women. Whenever 'Abdullah (bin 'Umar) was asked about that, he would say to the questioner, "If you divorced her thrice, she is no longer lawful for you unless she marries another man (and the other man divorces her in his turn).' Ibn 'Umar further said, 'Would that you (people) only give one or two divorces, because the Prophet has ordered me so." Sahih Bukhari:Volume 7, Book 63, Number 249

Narrated Yunus Ibn Jubair: Ibn 'Umar divorced his wife while she was having her menses. 'Umar asked the Prophet who said, "Order him (your son) to take her back, and then divorced her before her period of the 'Iddah has elapsed." I asked Ibn 'Umar, "Will that divorce (during the menses) be counted?" He replied, "If somebody behaves foolishly (will his foolishness be an excuse for his misbehavior)?" Volume 7, Book 63, Number 250

xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can anyone just give me a simple yes or no to my question??

saying "i divorce you "

only using the word one time,

NOT sayin i divorce u ,i divorce you. i divorce you,

and also saying it in english not arabic, does this make them divorced YES or NO??

please if anyone can answer me in plain simple english, please reply

sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi blusky - just asked my friend who is muslim.
She had said they have to say it 3 times before you are divorced, NOT 1. Hope alls OK XXX

Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
thanks hun , at least i got reply now, not too bad [Smile] hope it better with you
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but i think it has to be publicly??
and if he says it 2 times he can take it back.. but once he says it that 3rd time they will be divorced...
hope that helps ya...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
i have been told it dont have to be publicaly, as it can be done by phone text, or phone call etc, if only it was that easy in england, wouldnt have wasted years fighting with my ex and saved myself a whole lot of money, 10 p text as appoosed to £6000.00 :s
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya i wish it was that easy here too,,
here u can go to the court house and file an application for divorce for 80$
or u can get an attorney and pay 500$
that is if he signs the divorce... makes me never wanna get married again..
and u know in usa he cant say divorce and be divorced.. in usa he has to file them papers....

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com