EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Mother attempts to block 8-year-old daughter's marriage to man in his 50s

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mother attempts to block 8-year-old daughter's marriage to man in his 50s
Strangeways.
Member # 14842

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strangeways.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"According to human rights lawyers, there are many cases of this kind before the Saudi courts."

Saudi Arabia: Mother moves to block child marriage
Riyadh, 11 August (AKI) - The Saudi Arabian mother of an eight-year-old girl is trying to stop her marrying a middle-aged man who made a marriage contract with the girl's father in the province of al-Qasim, in the centre of the country.

The father's consent is needed to validate the marriage contract between the man, who is in his fifties and the child. He reportedly agreed to the union in exchange for an undis closed sum of money.

According to the Saudi newspaper, Okaz, the news emerged after the mother of the child reported her husband and took him to court to prevent the marriage from going ahead.

Referring to another case where a man in his seventies was charged for marrying a ten-year-old girl in the area of Asir, south of Mecca, the woman also sought the help of local human rights groups.

The mother of the girl said her husband has two other wives, and considering the age of the child, asked for the contract to be withdrawn to allow her to have a normal childhood.

According to human rights lawyers, there are many cases of this kind before the Saudi courts.

http://www.adnkronos.com/AKI/English/CultureAndMedia/?id=1.0.2408174538

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snow white     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG that is awful [Eek!]
Posts: 264 | From: wales | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she will win..this happened not too long ago and the man was arrested for child molestation and kidnapping...despite the fact she was married to him.
he wouldnt let her leave the house and raped her over and over again.

i dont know what would make a mans zib wake up by seeing a scared child stand nude before him.
wtf is so sexually exciting about that?
bastards.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strangeways.
Member # 14842

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strangeways.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bad example of Muhammad:

Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234:

Narrated Aisha:

The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.

Bukhari

Muhammad is the supreme example for conduct for Muslims - which leads to a situation in which child marriage is difficult to condemn and is even endorsed by Islamic jurists, such as this fellow:

Iraqi Expert on Islamic Law Calls to Allow Young Girls to Get Married: In Islamic Countries, Girls Get Their Periods at the Age of 8-10.

Every time a muslim says that girls can have periods when they are 10, we need to hit them hard with the response that this means making marriage decisions according to a girl's menstruation status. No thought to the mental maturity, the emotional feelings, the relationship between a man and a woman, the ability to make informed decisions about your own life. None of this plays any part in the coming together of two people in freedom and happiness.

And any excuse that 'things were different then' has to be counted with their own slogan that Muhammad is a perfect example for ALL time... Is he really?

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Disgusting!! [Mad]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strangeways is there any strong hadith that Ayisha was 9 when the marriage was consumated?

From what I understood Ayisha's mother didn't live long and that's possibly why Ayisha was married off young. Her father, yeah I remember this character, probably had a heavy hand in marrying her off young. At least Ayisha married the Prophet and not someone else.

Who knows when the marriage was consumated? There isn't any proof when it happened.

And seriously folks I think some of these marriages are to strengthen family ties, not to produce children. The mothers are in the right to challenge the marriages, the child's chances at remarriage is slim and probably won't have children without remarriage.

Any proof that Christians and Jews of Arabia in 600 AD didn't practice the same type of arrangement?

Remember lasses arab guys are more likely to blow their horn than their load.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com