EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Shahada (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Shahada
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI
A question for those of you who converted to Islam, when you did your shahada did you do it alone at home or did you do it in mosque
just wondering if anyone celabrated and how

thanks

Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when you take Shahada its best to be in presence of Local Imam or lady in your case,because they will explain everything carefully to you,make sure you say words correctly in Arabic,also so in presence of other muslims,they know they have another Muslim sister :)to welcome in the fold of Islam,also to help you with anything...also may i congratulate you,hope Allah guides you,and your family,showers you with his blessings,mercy...

You can do your Shahada at home and then have a family gathering or you wish to do it in a Mosque if this is so and your not familiar in going to a Mosque then i suggest if you do this then visit it and get the feeling of it because first time can be so daughting .

By the way Trababe did you know you can do your Shahada with your husband only it can even be done alone because its personal between you and Allah .People do Shahada public or personal its your choice .
Wish you well .
May Allah guide you to the strait path in this life and reward you with Paradise in the hearafter.

--------------------
"Most men are accredited fools shortly after they leave the womb.”

Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://hijabstyle.blogspot.com/2007/12/egyptian-fashion.html

--------------------

Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by trababe:
HI
A question for those of you who converted to Islam, when you did your shahada did you do it alone at home or did you do it in mosque

thanks

Hi Trababe and congratulations for you, or the person you're asking for, on the decision to convert to Islam. May Allah forgive all past sins and provide a clean book to start over.

I took Shahada twice. I was told I could make my declaration by myself, on the spot when I made my decision.

I followed this by official declaration in the Mosque since if you want to make Hajj (Pilgramage to Mecca) which is the 5th pillar of Islam for those who are able, you will need a certificate stating that you have converted since you will not have a full Muslim name in your passport.

In my experience I was asked why I decided to convert, if anyone was forcing me and what I knew about Islam already. The Imam also asked if I wanted to adopt a Muslim name (this is not necessary unless you have an undesirable name - like Loser Smith [Big Grin] ). I then had to repeat the declaration of faith after the Imam and that was it. I returned the next day for my certificates (one Arabic and one English).

Celebrating? I didn't because I was in Cairo alone and didn't have friends yet. But I always remember my Islamic "Birthday" and sometimes go out for a meal with friends.

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had done mine previously alone, but i went to a mosque to make the official Shahada. No celebration, just a text to a few friends.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i did the same as NotSleeplessinCairo, i took it alone at home in the uk, then went to the mosque 2 weeks ago and took it there again, with my husband, although there were many other muslims present there to watch and listen, and recieved my certificates, didn change my name either
Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I'm in London and I visit the London Central Mosque on a Saturday, they usually have a least one person doing the shadada. They present the certificate in front of the group unless the person it too shy or they'll just say so and so joined us in Islam today. It's nice. [Smile]
Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Why do you need to do it twice does a born muslim do it twice once you done it then you are a muslim when you have took Allah into your heart before Shahada your as good as Muslim..

And now there are certificates of what changing to Islam .Golly i am a born Muslim this is all new to me and yes there is no need to change your name because when its time to pass from this earth the ANGEL GABRIEL will call you by the name your parents gave you at birth .

--------------------

NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Congratulations Bluesky and welcome to Islam. I hope you find peace and tranquility worshipping Allah. [Smile]

Salaam Sharona, you sound really familiar. Welcome back if you used to have another user name (or a few if I'm correct) [Smile]

I explained why I did it twice and I think bluesky had the same reasons by the sounds of it.

You need the certificate if you want to do Hajj since non muslims are not allowed into Mecca.

trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all your advice it is for my self for NotSleeplessInCairo
I am going to wait and inshallah do the shahada in the mosque very soon i am just waitin for someone we know to find out how i go about it
and when i have done it will let you know
thanks again for ideas and thoughts x

Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by NotSleeplessInCairo:
Congratulations Bluesky and welcome to Islam. I hope you find peace and tranquility worshipping Allah. [Smile]

Salaam Sharona, you sound really familiar. Welcome back if you used to have another user name (or a few if I'm correct) [Smile]

I explained why I did it twice and I think bluesky had the same reasons by the sounds of it.

You need the certificate if you want to do Hajj since non muslims are not allowed into Mecca.

Every one sounds familiar no i am new thankgod .But i do observe all here . [Wink]
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
quote:

So thats for Reverts only i have just seen in another topic . Only i do not need one its on my papers what and who i am .
So tell me how you feel being a musliminah has it changed you do you still live a western way combined with the Islamic condtions can you juggle them equal .And what made you take up Islam (sorry for the questions im interested )

xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by xblueskyx:
quote:

oh and thanks for the welcome sleepless [Smile]

yes this is also my reason for taking it a 2nd time, you said up that you go to a mosque in london on a saturday, is this the big one in central london someone mentioned once before?? and if so can you tell me exactly where it is?

Caterpila
Member # 14977

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did mine at home, i'm not really the sort of person that likes attention, so if i was to go to a mosque full of people, I would probably find excuses until the cows come home and would never be a muslim! lol

I didnt change my name, although I am considering this lately, simply because i would quite like to have more of a muslim identity. If I do change it though, it will only be in addition to my name already and I will just have an added arabic one, not necessarily Islamic. But God chose arabic to deliever us the Qur'an, so it would be nice i think.

Posts: 552 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sharona:
quote:

So thats for Reverts only i have just seen in another topic . Only i do not need one its on my papers what and who i am .
So tell me how you feel being a musliminah has it changed you do you still live a western way combined with the Islamic condtions can you juggle them equal .And what made you take up Islam (sorry for the questions im interested )

im actually finding it quite hard if im honest, as i do not have any contact with any muslims where i live, as iv said on here before my local mosque does not allow women to enter,i had one good sister online that i talked too and she helped me so much, but she married a couple of weeks ago and has only been online once since i returned from egypt,when i was in cairo it was great, i felt comfortable i could pray and express myself openly, talk and ask questions watch huda tv , etc etc and at peace being myself,and hearing the azan was lovely to say the least, but here it is of course totally diffrent, its like im 2 people the one here is alone and my family and friends do not know i muslim, so for myself i have to admit i am 2 people in one body, and find it very hard to say the least.
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by **Caterpillar**:
I did mine at home, i'm not really the sort of person that likes attention, so if i was to go to a mosque full of people, I would probably find excuses until the cows come home and would never be a muslim! lol

I didnt change my name, although I am considering this lately, simply because i would quite like to have more of a muslim identity. If I do change it though, it will only be in addition to my name already and I will just have an added arabic one, not necessarily Islamic. But God chose arabic to deliever us the Qur'an, so it would be nice i think.

I can see where your coming from but when you enter Jannah all of us i hope will he will call you from the name you was given at birth so your identity is already there .
Allah and His Angeles will call every one with his/her first (given) name and his/her mother's first name.

tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

im actually finding it quite hard if im honest, as i do not have any contact with any muslims where i live, as iv said on here before my local mosque does not allow women to enter,i had one good sister online that i talked too and she helped me so much, but she married a couple of weeks ago and has only been online once since i returned from egypt,when i was in cairo it was great, i felt comfortable i could pray and express myself openly, talk and ask questions watch huda tv , etc etc and at peace being myself,and hearing the azan was lovely to say the least, but here it is of course totally diffrent, its like im 2 people the one here is alone and my family and friends do not know i muslim, so for myself i have to admit i am 2 people in one body, and find it very hard to say the least.
Have you and any sisters confronted the Imaam to ask why you not allowed in the Mosque or the Womens madjist i really find this so bitter to when i lived in Islamic countries on and off in my life the Mosques were greeted by women it was a vocal point for a get together ,and here in such a tolerated society and freedom of speech they are more like extremists to a point .If i was you i would confront and ask that you need a vocal point pref the Mosque and they can arrange seperate entries why you should you not enter on Jumah days and listen to the sermon its your given right as a sister in Islam .
Caterpila
Member # 14977

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

I can 100% relate to this. I feel like two people too, and i'm drawing the conclusion thats unavoidable. I felt more a muslim when i was with my husband but now I am no longer, it is harder still.

To help me through this feeling of 'neither here nor there' I ask myself who do i WANT to relate to the most? which camp do i WANT to be in? and its the Islamic one.

If I can offer you any support please pm me, I do understand. I have some information coming from an organisation that have get togethers in the UK for convert muslims, that should be interesting. You may well find that most of your support comes from the net.

I did try to go to some women's study groups but they weren't really my thing, alot of the women in these groups wear niqab and i would feel out of place there too, if i was the only one who wasnt.

you will be ok, God will put people in your path to help you inshaallah [Smile]

Posts: 552 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I can 100% relate to this. I feel like two people too, and i'm drawing the conclusion thats unavoidable. I felt more a muslim when i was with my husband but now I am no longer, it is harder still.

To help me through this feeling of 'neither here nor there' I ask myself who do i WANT to relate to the most? which camp do i WANT to be in? and its the Islamic one.

If I can offer you any support please pm me, I do understand. I have some information coming from an organisation that have get togethers in the UK for convert muslims, that should be interesting. You may well find that most of your support comes from the net.

I did try to go to some women's study groups but they weren't really my thing, alot of the women in these groups wear niqab and i would feel out of place there too, if i was the only one who wasnt.

you will be ok, God will put people in your path to help you inshaallah [Smile]

bless you sis, i really started to think i was alone feeling like this, i did try searching the net for help and advice and study, but i stopped that a few months ago, i stupidly believed all i read, and wow was i wrong, theres so much faulse and negative sites and people come too that offering everything, and i trusted all i read and this caused me so many big problems, so thanks once again it helps knowing i am not alone [Smile]
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Have you and any sisters confronted the Imaam to ask why you not allowed in the Mosque or the Womens madjist i really find this so bitter to when i lived in Islamic countries on and off in my life the Mosques were greeted by women it was a vocal point for a get together ,and here in such a tolerated society and freedom of speech they are more like extremists to a point .If i was you i would confront and ask that you need a vocal point pref the Mosque and they can arrange seperate entries why you should you not enter on Jumah days and listen to the sermon its your given right as a sister in Islam .
i did as you said before, i went to our mosque here and asked for help and said i wanted to talk to someone about 9 months before i took my shahada, i was greeted by a man telling me i can not, and will not be allowed to enter the mosque, and to return later and he will find some thing for me to read, i felt humilated at hurt at being refused, i told my husband, he doubted me in this responce as he is from egypt and said no mosque will refuse me to enter unless im not dressed correctly, i said no it wasnt my clothes it was because i was a women,
he came to the uk last year, went himself to the mosque, and was told exactly what they told me, that i can not enter he was shocked and spoke directly to the imman,and sheik, they again said no but take some leaflets for her to read. I tried several ways of trying to find sisters that live here but to no avail.so going back and trying to talk to them is of no use as i no the responce i will get

Caterpila
Member # 14977

Rate Member
Theres a lot of cultural baggage tied up in the Mosques in the UK Blue. I went to one a while ago and asked a woman who was in the car park how you get in, she replied 'of course you cant just walk in IT IS a MOSQUE!' I felt like I had been told and me and my friend walked away, never to return - and we were both wearing hijab!

I also know that one mosque will criticise another mosque, saying they follow this school or that school, and talk quite badly about them...It kind of leaves you feeling like you wont find anywhere to 'fit in'

I myself had a recent 'run in' with the Imam at the mosque i did go to, I believe the way i was treated was very unislamic, rude, thoughtless, sexist and uncaring (I wont go into details), so I myself am trying to find another mosque to go to, but who knows!

xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
OMG.....
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bluesky,
If your husband is now with you there then have him go to the mosque and inquire with the other men about the possibilty of you and their wives getting together? Perhaps they would be willing to give the phone numbers to their wives to you so that you can form a meeting group.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Theres a lot of cultural baggage tied up in the Mosques in the UK Blue. I went to one a while ago and asked a woman who was in the car park how you get in, she replied 'of course you cant just walk in IT IS a MOSQUE!' I felt like I had been told and me and my friend walked away, never to return - and we were both wearing hijab!

I also know that one mosque will criticise another mosque, saying they follow this school or that school, and talk quite badly about them...It kind of leaves you feeling like you wont find anywhere to 'fit in'

I myself had a recent 'run in' with the Imam at the mosque i did go to, I believe the way i was treated was very unislamic, rude, thoughtless, sexist and uncaring (I wont go into details), so I myself am trying to find another mosque to go to, but who knows!

A converted western woman shall always considered to be 'different' as a woman who was born and raised islamic. I wrote 'different', but that is a very friendly word for what I mean.
It has to do with acceptance, and with tolerance, with preconceptions, with shortsightedness, with limited brains. Exactly the same as a lot of western people are treating islamic people. It has nothing to do with you as a person, but only with a narrowsighted way of thinking.
Worse is that majority of the people thinks this way, on both sides.
We have to deal with it...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member

xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mysticheart:
[qb] bluesky,
If your husband is now with you there then have him go to the mosque and inquire with the other men about the possibilty of you and their wives getting together? Perhaps they would be willing to give the phone numbers to their wives to you so that you can form a meeting group.

no he isnt, and as i said he wasnt exactly greeted with open arms himself when he went there, they are a very tight n closed community to be frank, and not very welcoming,
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
quote:

A converted western woman shall always considered to be 'different' as a woman who was born and raised islamic. I wrote 'different', but that is a very friendly word for what I mean.
It has to do with acceptance, and with tolerance, with preconceptions, with shortsightedness, with limited brains. Exactly the same as a lot of western people are treating islamic people. It has nothing to do with you as a person, but only with a narrowsighted way of thinking.
Worse is that majority of the people thinks this way, on both sides.
We have to deal with it...

you are so correct in what you are saying,i wore the hijab in egypt,and got starred at more than i did when i wore jeans t shirt and hair down, in cairo we walked down the street and passed a english family, the look of shock on the womens face was awfull, she glared at me and wouldnt take her eyes off me so i guess ill never fit in anywhere in most peoples eyes. but i refuse to let them effect me, although sometimes it is very hard to ignore people
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most strange, I think, must be that people, who are considered to be "your people", are treating you in a way as if you're less then them.
The clothes are making you a different person.
At the same time, the people from your 'new society', also treat you this way.
Must make you feel a bit like an outcast...

But this is how people are dealing with each other. I can be me, myself, when I go out, driving an expensive car, wearing nice clothes and jewelry. And I still am the same person when I'm walking around in a garbagebag. It's still me, but people don't treat me in the same way.

So, the 'looks' are making the way you are treated. And if I'm honest, I do the same to others. Maybe not that bad, but also I am treating people in the way they look. Because, the way they look, they represent something.

A man in a suit, representive looking, is treated another way as the same man in a dirty working-outfit.

So, ALL people, on both sides, are making connections between 'western' and 'islamic'. You are western, so you have to look western. What 'islamic' is to western people, 'western' is to muslims....most of the time...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpila
Member # 14977

Rate Member
I found that they thought i was egyptian in Egypt so no one took any notice. In England i have mixed response from English people when wearing hijab although i wouldnt say bad reaction.

Unfortunately i did recieve some hate mail in the post, that was anti Islamic, and took my hijab off for a while, but have now put it back on.

At the end of the day, if i want to dye my hair pink, i will get looks, but its my choice, so i will ****** well do it (cant swear its Ramadan [Smile] ) , so If i want to wear a scarf i will do it.

You get most funny looks when you are in an all white area, but where i live is not really so its not too bad.

In Egypt it would be heaven, i could wear it without worrying AT ALL, but i cannot afford to move to Egypt so i have to put up with it for now. The Asian and Middle eastern people are usually very accepting when you wear hijab. I have found anyway.

NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

quote:
quote:

Every one sounds familiar no i am new thankgod .But i do observe all here . [Wink]
Ah ok. It's just there was a forum member called Chimps and your style of writing is so similar [Smile]
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

quote:
quote:

Yes as far as I know it's only for reverts.

I think most of my positive western ways were Islamic anyway so there wasn't much to change, I just enhanced them. I'm still me, but with different beliefs.

My conversion story isn't very fascinating. I was just convinced by Islam [Smile]

tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ah ok. It's just there was a forum member called Chimps and your style of writing is so similar [Smile]
I have repeated this once before no ,and if i was to say you sound like someone here too would you like me to keep asking .I am new and that is that was not another member attacked for being this name and it turned out to be not her /him so we can be like anyone or anything does not mean we are the person concentrate on the topic than wondering to who i could be or not be . [Smile]
By the way its a nice day here i want to have peace and serenity in my posts today can you think of a lovely topic to start .I have been doing stories of Islam i started last night please do look and maybe you like to post a story on this blessed month . [Smile]

tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mysticheart:
[qb] bluesky,

no he isnt, and as i said he wasnt exactly greeted with open arms himself when he went there, they are a very tight n closed community to be frank, and not very welcoming,
Blue sky sorry i do not want to sound nosey but which part of England are you from if you like you can pm me and i can find something for you and maybe some sisters ,who can help you and maybe your husband i can only try .Hope is all ok with you .
I will keep it has pms in here if makes you feel better with all the contacts ok .I do believe in being private i have learnt this for over the past year not to detail anything.

tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
quote:
HI

thanks

Good day Trababe have you sorted out when and how you will do your Shahada and where you will have it done, will you be taking pictures of this eventful day .
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
HI

thanks

Good day Trababe have you sorted out when and how you will do your Shahada and where you will have it done, will you be taking pictures of this eventful day .
Thankyou for asking Sharona

Yes i am sorted for my Shahada I will go to my local mosque on Sunday afternoon Inshallah

I asked my husband about taking photos or vides i dont think this would be a problem
will keep you posted

tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
There is no god worthy of worship except God and Muhammad (peace be upon Him) is His messenger
This declaration of faith is called the Shahada, a simple formula which all the faithful pronounce. In Arabic, the first part is la ilaha illa Allah - "there is no god except God"; ilaha (god) can refer to anything which we may be tempted to put in place of God -- wealth, power, and the like. Then comes illa Allah:" except God, the source of all creation. The second part of the Shahada is Muhammadun rasulu Allah: "Muhammad (peace be upon Him) is the messenger of God". A message of guidance has come through a man like ourselves.
http://www.muslimbridges.org/content/blogcategory/11/8/
please listen :)i am happy for you very happy
Welcome sister .

trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
quote:
There is no god worthy of worship except God and Muhammad (peace be upon Him) is His messenger
This declaration of faith is called the Shahada, a simple formula which all the faithful pronounce. In Arabic, the first part is la ilaha illa Allah - "there is no god except God"; ilaha (god) can refer to anything which we may be tempted to put in place of God -- wealth, power, and the like. Then comes illa Allah:" except God, the source of all creation. The second part of the Shahada is Muhammadun rasulu Allah: "Muhammad (peace be upon Him) is the messenger of God". A message of guidance has come through a man like ourselves.
http://www.muslimbridges.org/content/blogcategory/11/8/
please listen :)i am happy for you very happy
Welcome sister .

thanks for the lovely link sister
i am looking forward to sunday [Smile]

tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
If i am correct Trababe and her husband are off to mosque for her Shahada ( [Smile] this is a wonderful time and exciting news i wish her and her husband and family so much the best .
May the MERCY OF ALLAH be always upon you!!!! AMEEN.
Mabrook! May Allah azza wa jal strengthen your Imaan and keep you steadfast upon the straight path. Aameen.
“Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate from the truth after You guided us, and grant us Mercy from you. Truly you are the bestower.”
Aameen.
Suraah Aal Imraan Verse 8.
Thinking of you [Smile]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dont know how i missed this one, Alf mabruk trababe and welcome to Islam, you too blue.

I did my shahadah at the Islamic Foundation in Leicester UK at Friday prayers. I had one meeting with a lovely lady there, also a convert and in charge of the new muslim project and then went back to do the deed [Big Grin] I was asked if I was forced by anyone and that I was sure what I was doing was my own decision. Afterwards I cried, they cried, we all cried and I got hugged to death by lots of ladies and they gave me presents of books and a lovely scarf [Big Grin] I knew no muslims at the time and im glad i didnt.

My experience of other Mosques in UK have been similar to the others, unwelcoming, rude.

for uk newbie muslims there is a support group with the new muslim project, or there was. I met a lovely Indian convert from Hinduism through them, but I have prefered to study alone, find my way and not someone elses way.

May Allah continue to guide you as He has this far.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
oh its sunday [Smile] anyone heard from trababe? congratulations sis, i got goosbumps when i read you taking your shahada today [Smile] . what mosque did you go too? i still havnt found one here [Frown] i was sent links to a few places in leicester but that is quite far from here.
anyway good luck and again CONGRATULATIONS SISTER [Smile]

tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
She should be doing the shahada now as we speak .

--------------------

tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
SHES DONE IT :)SHES DONE IT !
May Allah Ta'ala give us the correct understanding of Deen and enable us to practice upon ALL His injunctions, Aameen.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best
welcome sister Tracy [Smile]

--------------------

Caterpila
Member # 14977

Rate Member
Congratulations Trabebe, its wonderful news [Smile]
Tiye
Member # 14655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sharona

Thanks so much for the link it will really help me.

Posts: 159 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
hello to all of you and thankyou very much for your wishes
yes i did do my shahada about 2.15 this afternoon at my local mosque.
My husband was with me, a guy i know and the Imam
and it wll went fine.
I was very nervous he was very nice he did some explanations first, then we did shahada in arabic then repated it in english then he just explained the 5 pillars even tho i knew them
So now today i have started with a clean slate
al hamdolilah [Smile] [Smile]
may allah guide me along the right path

tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
quote:
and it wll went fine.
I was very nervous he was very nice he did some explanations first, then we did shahada in arabic then repated it in english then he just explained the 5 pillars even tho i knew them

He already did [Wink] ((((hugs))))
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
congratulations again sis [Smile]
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations............. trababe...
Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
and it wll went fine.

He already did [Wink] ((((hugs))))
Thankyou Sharona and thankyou to all who sent their wishes xx
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com