EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » you are not a muslim??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: you are not a muslim??
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if a muslim is having a discussion with another muslim and they dont agree on a subject, can she say she is not a muslim?? is this haram? or can a muslim say to another you are not a muslim because they see a difrent point of veiw?
Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am muslim i do not cover my head does that make me not a muslim .You should never Quote to someone they are not a muslim if she is of the book thats not for you to decide only Allah .
You can both dissagree on something no two muslims ever agree on stuff always one will have a different meaning does not make him /her anylesser as a muslim .But you do get muslims in name only then they to me can be slightly hipocrtical .

Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but is it haram?? i have had this said to me, and one of the subjects was about wearing hijab, as i do not wear it here, and was told that its Fard,and that if i do not do as Allah tells me therefore i am no muslim.
Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpila
Member # 14977

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Sharona on this, I couldn't say its haram. But its certainly a stupid thing to say. A simple answer would be 'since when was hijab the sixth pillar of Islam?'. If you are following the 5 pillars, you are muslim, plain and simple. Unfortunately the majority in the UK that I have met would also believe you were not a 'proper' muslim if you dont wear hijab. Hijab has become such a statement of faith in the UK, there are probably more Pakistani muslims in the UK wearing hijab, than there are in Pakistan.
You have to try and rise abouve it Blue, although its hard as a convert because we want to be accepted, but only God knows what is in your heart, and thats what counts the most.

Remember also that there is no specific verse in the quran that states 'a woman must cover their hair' its open to interpretation.

I wore hijab for 2 years, then took it of, then put it back on again, many muslims believe you are muslim when you wear it, that dont seem to believe you when its not on. I guess its a statement that people see as 'serious intention', unfortunately the same people judge hijabis as more pious than their non hijabi sisters, but you know yourself that clothes dont make someone knowledgeable or pious, so take no notice.

I would also say the majority of muslims DO believe it is fard, so you are going to come up against this quite alot, unless you move to Turkey [Big Grin]

Posts: 552 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pure spring
Member # 13333

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pure spring     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is haram to tell others "you are not Muslim", any person believes in Allah; the only absolute great God, he/ she is Muslim, no one can claim that he is not. Shahada is enough to be Muslim if you do not believe that God has partners.
Posts: 130 | From: foggy bottom | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpila
Member # 14977

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might find this discussion useful Blue:

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080628130055AA98uPq

Posts: 552 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
thanks caterpillar, yes it was usefull. plain n simple and straight too the point but im guessing many will read that and say it is wrong as its not followed up with something more but it did help thanks [Smile]
Millas
Member # 15374

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Millas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xblueskyx:
if a muslim is having a discussion with another muslim and they dont agree on a subject, can she say she is not a muslim?? is this haram? or can a muslim say to another you are not a muslim because they see a difrent point of veiw?

We can give answer to this question with the following hadith although we don't know the reference and narrator.It was written another thread on this forum.
The Prophet(saw) said: "What I fear most for you, is a man who reads the Qur'an until such time when the blessing of Qur'an is reflected on him and he takes Islam as his Cloak, he then turns around and strips himself off from Islam and then tosses it away behind his back,then he heads quickly towards his neighbour with his sword and he calls him a "MUSHRIK". But mushrik is indeed the attacker.
Blaming someone not to be a muslim is a very dangerous point of view for the attacker,it is haram.

Posts: 186 | From: Eurasia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
thank you millas, now i just need to find where i can find this hadith......anyone?????
Millas
Member # 15374

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Millas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
thank you millas, now i just need to find where i can find this hadith......anyone?????

You're wellcome [Smile] if you find the source of this hadith please inform me also.Thanks
Posts: 186 | From: Eurasia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
will do for sure and thanks again [Smile]
Caterpila
Member # 14977

Rate Member
http://ahlussunnahwaljamah.blogspot.com/2008/05/hadith-of-mushrik-important.html

Is it this:

Verily, I fear about a man from you who will read the Quran so much that his face will become enlightened and will come to personify Islam. This will continue until Allah wishes when these things will be taken away from him when he will disregard them by putting them all behind him and attack his neighbour with the sword accusing him of Shirk. The Prophet was asked 'Which of the two was commiting Shirk? The attacker or the attacked?' The prophet replied 'The attacker (the one accusing the other of Shirk)."

I'm sorry, I am not very good with finding quotes, but is this it?

NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Millas:
quote:

You're wellcome [Smile] if you find the source of this hadith please inform me also.Thanks
I searched but only found it referenced to "Tafseer ibn Kathir; Vol. 2 p265" and that it has been classified as "Jayyid" which I assume is the Arabic word for "Good".

I also searched Tafseer ibn Kathir online but didn't find it.

I don't know if this situation is Haraam or not. As Muslims we should be careful of what we label Haraam and Halal. This is mentioned in the Quran more than once.

I don't believe it's right and I don't see how they could judge unless you made a statement confirming you're a kafir. The process of declaring a "Muslim" a disbeliever is called "Takfir" and shouldn't be done by individuals, especially those with limited knowledge of Islam.

I was labelled a Kafir by a Muslim who was disgusted that I was using the name given to me by my parents. [Roll Eyes] I asked that person to bring me proof that I was not submitting to Allah and I'm still waiting... it's been about 4 years now so I guess I'm still a Muslim [Big Grin]

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
koolkid
Member # 15814

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for koolkid         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if woman is muslim for marry she is not muslim if for Allah then good woman
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com