EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Mosques of the world

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mosques of the world
Caterpila
Member # 14977

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was listening to this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7phLxLIzG0

and in the video there are many pictures of different mosques all over the world. I would love to travel but circumstances dont allow it which is why i am sitting here talking to you... [Wink]

Anyway, I thought maybe people could post pictures of mosques they have visited, or even just ones that they know of.

I'm not sure if this section allows pictures so we may have to just post links.

[Smile]

This Mosque always fascinates me, Djinguereber Mosque in Timbuktu.

This mosque is made of mud and was built in 1327.

The largest mosque in Timbuktu. Like other earthen mosques in Mali, the walls are interlaced with a wooden framework, which aids annual repairs after the rainy season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djinguereber_Mosque

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=htbi13&s=4

Posts: 552 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi N. [Smile]

Check my following thread. The first one is where I live [Smile]

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000427;p=1#000000

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Mohamed Ali Mosque in Cairo Pic

I remember the first time I visited as a tourist and the guide told me the clock which is displayed was a gift from the French in exchange for an Obelisk and it's never worked! [Big Grin] I never checked if it was true or just a tourists tale.

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpila
Member # 14977

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow nice, i never saw that before. The sea where you live is so blueeeeeeeeeeee
Posts: 552 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeeesssss Cat [Wink]
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Great Mosque in Xian

Chinese Style

Granada Mosque - Not very wow but I like the simple, clean finish and it involved great struggle to build.

Spanish Style

I like the way both these mosques are designed to blend into the style of their surroundings.

What do you think a traditional British style Mosque would look like?

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

quote:
Originally posted by NotSleeplessInCairo:
I like Mohamed Ali Mosque in Cairo Pic

I remember the first time I visited as a tourist and the guide told me the clock which is displayed was a gift from the French in exchange for an Obelisk and it's never worked! [Big Grin] I never checked if it was true or just a tourists tale.

That's right NSIC [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com