EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » death of a loved one

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: death of a loved one
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can someone give me any information regarding the "normal procedure" when someones mother dies in egypt?
if she is muslim, what would happen?
would the children living abroard return home noramlly?
i no in islam they bury the person much quicker than chritians do here in the uk,
how long exactly are they suppose to grieve?
i read the only person allowed to griev for a longer time is the wife, im not too sure if my information is correct,
and is it a family affair only ?
and lastly would it seem unusal for a son or daughter to try and keep this information quiet, and not tell close friends?and not go return to egypt for the funeral or to be with family?

Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you ok?

Sorry I have no answers to help you.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes im ok. thanks anyway [Smile]
Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Blue, I think they are buried before sundown same day if possible so not a lot of time for any reletives living abroad to get to the funeral.

Grieving is 40 days, sons and male relatives are expected to not shave in that time but not all stick to that.

Here a funeral is not just a family affair, the entire village is involved and a tent is set up at the home of the deceased for 3 days and Quran is read while people come to pay their respects to the family, in those 3 days (sometimes 5 if there are many coming from other further villages) the family of the deceased is brought every meal cooked by various neighbours, they all have a designated meal and day, no idea how that is decided tho.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we just went through this , she is buried the same day she died, and then mourn for 40 day like ayisha said but ours was the first 5 daysafetr mama's death [Frown]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
oh im so sorry, my sincere condolences

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com