EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » How will judgement day be for....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How will judgement day be for....
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you think Judgement day will be like for non believers ?
Do you think they have a Judgement day?

I was wondering this after reading the thread on forgiveness.

Like if believers steal and cheat non believers and Allah awards the non believers from your good points, then how do the non believers 'cash in' the good points?

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to think any god is above punishing people simply because they are atheists/agnostics/ people of different faiths. In the grand scheme of things, why would a god need to be worshipped? That is the kind of pettiness we expect from a human.
The whole idea of "judgement day" seems like a myth created to scare people into religion.
I’ve always wondered about the people who don’t want paradise. Do they get a choice? When I die, I just want to be dead [Big Grin]

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
I would like to think any god is above punishing people simply because they are atheists/agnostics/ people of different faiths. In the grand scheme of things, why would a god need to be worshipped? That is the kind of pettiness we expect from a human.
The whole idea of "judgement day" seems like a myth created to scare people into religion.
I’ve always wondered about the people who don’t want paradise. Do they get a choice? When I die, I just want to be dead [Big Grin]

yeah BUT what if you are wrong and 'just dead' isn't 'just dead' [Eek!]
What if all those billions of people throughout history are right ?
What if you die and find out your 'just being dead' is actually spending eternity in hell like they say. [Razz]

We are human. We love to argue. That's our nature.
There will always be sceptics. But what if you are all wrong? [Eek!]

[Big Grin]

"I would like to think any god is above punishing people simply because they are atheists/agnostics/ people of different faiths. "

but why when we as humans need laws?

You could argue then that we don't need police either, or courts of justice [Wink]

We have judges on earth so why not in the afterlife too, after all we as humans created a judiciary ourselves didn't we.
Imagine if we did'nt [Wink]

It's all about crime and punishment.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We are human. We love to argue. That's our nature.
There will always be sceptics. But what if you are all wrong?

Who says anyone is right? Every year, more religions get started, how do we know the right religion isn’t actually the one that only has 20 members. How do we know the crazy guy screaming on the corner, hasn’t actually got it right? Perhaps the Greeks had it right, and now you have one very annoyed Zeus wondering why people have stopped following him.
Maybe, the actual truth is too far out of human comprehension that we cannot even nearly start to believe what is actually the truth.
And religion is too much of needle in a haystack. Lets say the god of the bible is the real god… well, right you need to pick the right god out of the billions, then you have to pick the right religion following that god (jews, Christians, muslims). Then you have to pick the right sect within that religion, etc. I don’t think a god would leave it so much to chance, especially if he planned on punishing people who got it wrong.

quote:
but why when we as humans need laws?
There is a difference between picking the wrong faith/no faith, to actually hurting another human being. If you happened to have picked the wrong faith, and Odin has all along been the correct god… would you think it fair for him to punish you simply because of your mistake, despite being a good person?
There is no way to know you are right, you just think you are… but the thing is, you don’t believe you are right any more or less then the next religious person, be they Jew, Buddhist, Hindu, Norse, etc. So, you might think I have seen evidence, I know in my heart, etc… well so do they, why would your heart and evidence be more legitimate then theirs?

quote:
You could argue then that we don't need police either, or courts of justice
I was mainly talking about being punished simply for not being religious, or picking the wrong belief. I didn’t say people shouldn’t be punished for being a bad person. Being an atheist doesn’t make you a bad person (prison statistics prove this, as atheists are seriously underrepresented in American prison). Also, being religious doesn’t automatically make you a good person (Hitler, 9/11, inquisition, witch trials, crusades etc).
As for judgement day for the bad people… what do they get, hell? Infinite punishment for finite sins? Most versions of hell seem far too barbaric to actually be a concept thought of being something “all loving and forgiving”. I’m just too much of a fan of human rights to believe torture is ever justified.
And how can anyone with any human compassion being happy to be sitting in heaven knowing there are people being punished (if we are going on the usual version of hell?)… I certainly couldn’t, especially if they were being punished because, heaven forbid, they picked the wrong religion.

quote:
It's all about crime and punishment.
So in your eyes, being an atheist/agnostic/person of a different faith is a crime that needs punishing…

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that for as long I live and for as high as i'll fly, smiles i'll give and tears i'll cry. But all I touch and all I see is all my life will ever be [Wink] (Pink Floyd)

I think if I am wrong for never having any faith to follow then whoever is in control of my eternal life will see me as a good honest person with a good heart, and and soul and treat me accordingly.

Not all non believers are sinners.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
quote:
Not all non believers are sinners
Nope, just us fun ones [Wink]

--------------------
Another one....

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not opposed to religion in any way, shape of form, I have travelled a lot and I have seen numerous faiths and religions and I simply cannot choose one over the others to follow. There are too many paths out there!

I actually believe in something but I am just not sure what.

All I can say is of all the faiths in the world, what if they one you are dedicated your life to is wrong and you spend your time in hell with us who did not have any faith [Wink] Everyone is so sure they are right... han shoof [Big Grin]

I also believe to consider yourself a sinner you have to believe you have broken the set parameters of a faith. If you have no faith and believe in no rules how can you be a sinner.

As it happens, my mind and heart are way less black than some and mouth is nowhere near as condemning as others. If we are judged on theses factors I will see the followers of the correct faith wherever we end up [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe this world is another planet's Hell.
Aldous Huxley

The mind is its own place, and in itself,
Can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven.
John Milton
Paradise Lost.

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
William Shakespeare

Hell is paved with priests' skulls.
Saint John Chrysostom

Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way round, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise.
Adolf Hitler

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Many near-death accounts reveal that the religions of this world are merely an external path whose ideal is to lead people inward toward true spirituality. People often confuse religion with spirituality. Religion is the outward form of worship and spirituality is the inward form of worship. People who have a near-death experience often return less religious and more spiritual.

The following is from Betty Eadie's New York Times bestseller, Embraced by the Light, reprinted by permission. Her follow-up books, Awakening Heart and The Ripple Effect, are also excellent reading. Visit her website for more information about her. Betty's NDE is one of the most detailed and most profound NDE ever documented.
http://www.near-death.com/forum/nde/000/93.html

"I wanted to know why there were so many churches in the world. Why didn't God give us only one church, one pure religion? The answer came to me with the purest of understanding. Each of us, I was told, is at a different level of spiritual development and understanding. Each person is therefore prepared for a different level of spiritual knowledge. Each church fulfills spiritual needs that perhaps others cannot fill. No one church can fulfill everybody's needs at every level. (Betty Eadie)"

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed My favor on you and chosen for you Islam as a religion."
- Qur'an 5:3
As to the mention of Islam as the chosen religion in the same verse (5:3), it is important to remember that while Islam happens to be the religion of "Muslims", it is also described in numerous verses in the Qur'an as the religion of submission to God, a term much more general , and includes all who submit themselves and will to God.
So i assume Islam is the chosen religion for the world and the word of God .So judgement day for muslims is a doddle >is it .

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible says that when someone dies as a beliver, they will immediately be in paradise in the presence of Jesus. Those who do not believe in Jesus the way as it is described in the Injeel, will be in a state of rest until they will be raised to live for the day of judgement. Those who have not believed in Jesus as described below will go to hell for ever.
Christianity and Islam alike teach that there will be a day of judgment. Muslims believe that most of them, except those who die in Jihad, and all of the non-Muslims will be sent to Hell. (Surah 19:71, Arberry, Rodwell and Dawood translate the Arabic phrase “wariduha”in this construction as “will go through it” meaning that Muslims will go down to hell. Verse 72 supports this rendering in all translations by saying “…we shall leave the wrong-doers therein”. The following tradition in the Mishkat of Tirmidhi and Darimi confirm this by saying: “Ibn Masud said that the Prophet of Islam said: ‘All people shall enter hell. Then they will come out of it according to their works…’” This is also expressed in Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 532c see also Surah 11:118-119, 18:51, 19:89, 20:76). Whereas unbelievers will be in hell forever (Surah 43:74-78), Muslims will be punished for their evil deeds (Surah 23, Al Muminun, verse 103) but eventually they will be able to go to heaven, God willing. Islam teaches that the more good deeds one does, the less time one has to spend in hell. However, nobody knows ultimately what Allah looks at as being a good deed.

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the world will end with famine and drought... and we will most likely use bombs on each other....people are getting worse nowadays...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WK quoted:- Who says anyone is right? Every year, more religions get started, how do we know the right religion isn’t actually the one that only has 20 members. How do we know the crazy guy screaming on the corner, hasn’t actually got it right?
--------------------------------------

Your so right wk, who knows? I have been watching this programme called around the world in 80 faiths and it so interesting. My hubby sits there and laughs at what some believe and i say the same thing wk, who knows maybe just aybe we have it wrong and they have it right. [Wink]

I think we have to just follow what is in our hearts. I truly feel that God knows what is in a persons heart whether you call them Christain, Muslim, Jewish or whatever it doesn't really matter. [Wink]

My hubby used to say that it bothered him that when we die we may not be in heaven together as i am not muslim, but as someone once said "why would god put you together on earth to pull you apart in heaven" [Wink] I loved that answer, so i will stick with that [Razz]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
god wont end the world people will..

like they say guns dont kill people ,people do...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Millas
Member # 15374

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Millas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As it is said in the Quran 'the Command is for none but Allah.'Joseph (Yüsuf) 40.The command is for everything including the Judgement Day.We can't know anything except the things which Allah let us know.There are a lot of verses related to Judgement Day and informations about believers and non believers on that day.Actually there is a surah totally related to judgement day called The Resurrection (Al-Qiyámah)(75.surah) but those verses are notable according to me for this thread;
(Al-Anbiyáa) 47. We shall set up scales of justice for the Day of Judgment, so that not a soul will be dealt with unjustly in the least, and if there be (no more than) the weight of a mustard seed, We will bring it (to account): and enough are We to take account.
(Al-Hajj) 17. Those who believe (in the Qurán), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians, Christians, Magians, and Polytheists,- Allah will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for Allah is witness of all things.
(An-Nahl) 84. One Day We shall raise from all Peoples a Witness: then will no excuse be accepted from Unbelievers, nor will they be allowed to make amends.
(Al-Ìmrán) 77. As for those who sell the faith they owe to Allah and their own plighted word for a small price, they shall have no portion in the Hereafter: Nor will Allah (Deign to) speak to them or look at them on the Day of Judgment, nor will He cleans them (of sin): They shall have a grievous penalty.

Posts: 186 | From: Eurasia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:

so do you think then that people can stop hurricanes, tsunami's. earthquakes, and tornado's, volcano's from erupting and a new ice age from forming? and if they can why have they not done it [Wink]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I think we will kill the planet as well, slowly but surely... aside from natural disasters there will be ones that have been created with the evoution of our own intelligence and scientific capability.

Look at how many dangerous and lethal substances, weapons and chemicals that we have created to date... how far can we take our experimentations with science before we cause irreversible damage.

Look at Global Warming and how scientists believe we are to blame (I actually believe we are also on the cusp of transferring int a new age)... at one point do we say 'enough is enough'

HH, I do not believe that hurricanes, tsunami's. earthquakes, tornados, volcanos erupting and a transition into new ages to be at the hands of any God... I believe they are natural disasters. For me to believe that a God is responsible for this makes me wonder why people would worship a murderer.

These events occur on other planets and moons etc... and there is no-one there to beleive in a superior being... unless there is alien life form and they happen to have a Quran or a Bible at hand!

Surreal thoughts running through my head now.

I wish there was a definate answer to all my many questions. I have to wait till I die to find out and then I have no one to tell! (Unless ghosts really can communicate... hmmm, surely someone has a ghost story about the afterlife!)

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Hermione Heliotrope.:
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:

so do you think then that people can stop hurricanes, tsunami's. earthquakes, and tornado's, volcano's from erupting and a new ice age from forming? and if they can why have they not done it [Wink]
i think god didnt do it.. we are doing it....we are destroying what god has made for us to survive... its mans fatal mistake we cant stop its in our nature...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com