EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Topic: English reverts should marry English reverts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Topic: English reverts should marry English reverts
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paradise_seekers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's discuss an interesting topic of society today.

How would a society develop over time, what impacts will occur between cultures in a society, what will be the future of Islam and Muslims in the (traditionally) non-muslim countries IF:

reverts married reverts of their own kind in their country?

For example, An all American Revert married to an all American Revert, 100% Polish revert married to 100% Polish Revert, Welsh revert married to a Welsh revert, etc

Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpilla
Member # 16147

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do they need to do that?

There is no culture in Islam, a muslim is a muslim, black, white or brown, Polish, German or Somalian.

Is the Eugenics movement resurfacing? because I am missing your somewhat racist point?

If your question is 'how would reverts marrying 'their own kind' affect a society? Well, It would affect it the same way as it does now. People are people, not to be defined by skin colour or location of birth.

--------------------
IMO

Posts: 431 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There has been a world wide conference about this, and the subjects weren't only Islam but also Christianity and the Jews.
Not exactly this point, but the fact that also religion are changing. In fact the center of Christianity now is in Africa and South-America.
Europe and the US are living in a post-christianity time.
This could develope into a islamisation of the post-christian area's, but thats not for sure, depends on many factors.
I think as soon as this kind of regulations should come, it would work negative. People in the western world don't let them force anymore, they aim to stay free and make their own choices.
Besides that, an islamic recommendation never can be legal in such countries, because they have constitutional laws, who gives them that freedom.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
There has been a world wide conference about this, and the subjects weren't only Islam but also Christianity and the Jews.
Not exactly this point, but the fact that also religion are changing. In fact the center of Christianity now is in Africa and South-America.
Europe and the US are living in a post-christianity time.
This could develope into a islamisation of the post-christian area's, but thats not for sure, depends on many factors.
I think as soon as this kind of regulations should come, it would work negative. People in the western world don't let them force anymore, they aim to stay free and make their own choices.
Besides that, an islamic recommendation never can be legal in such countries, because they have constitutional laws, who gives them that freedom.

Ok, I know im not feeling 'right' at the moment but.............the post was nothing to do with 'regulations' or making it compulsory, or even 'Islamisation' of anywhere! it was asking what society would be like IF muslims only married 'their own kind' as in cultural kind.

I think IF this happened you would have probably more 'pockets' of Islam than we have now. I can only speak from my experiences but in UK there are a lot of Pakistani muslims, they do generally marry 'their own kind' but also some marry reverts. These reverts would take on the Pakistani form of Islam. Reverts are pretty vulnerable and will tend to take on what they are told by the particular 'type' of muslim telling them, I mean if a revert learns Islam from a Pakistani or Egyptian or Arab or another revert they will go along that track. Marrying thier 'own kind' as in another revert the track would depend on which 'type' they both learnt from, if it was different then they would either 'mix' the 2 or not.

Oh I Know what I mean!! [Mad]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IF an English muslim is only allowed to marry an English muslim, the constitutional right to marry someone from another religion or even without religion has been taken away.
As England is a Christian society, taking away that freedom, indirectly should lead to Islamisation...
England is an example, the same counts for any other country who is not an Islamic state.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In England we have some very close Jewish communities, so much so that they have accents! They are so separated from the rest of the community. I think this kind of idea would just make close-knit communities more common and make the divide between religious people greater.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpilla
Member # 16147

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
In England we have some very close Jewish communities, so much so that they have accents! They are so separated from the rest of the community. I think this kind of idea would just make close-knit communities more common and make the divide between religious people greater.

I agree, and also the divide between different cultures and nationalities. Every has a right to chose who to marry. One thing that really bugs me are cultures that refuse to marry outside of their own.
Posts: 431 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com