EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Muslims attack Christian-owned shops in Alexandria

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Muslims attack Christian-owned shops in Alexandria
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sun Apr 5, 2009 1:39pm EDT

ALEXANDRIA, Egypt, April 5 (Reuters) - Hundreds of Muslims pelted Christian-owned shops and a police station with stones in the Mediterranean port city of Alexandria on Sunday after a Muslim man was killed, an eyewitness said.

A security source said the violence started after word of mouth reports a Muslim man, identified as Ahmed Abdel Razeq Gomaa, had been stabbed to death in the street by his Christian landlords.

Crowds of Muslims assembled near a mosque for funeral prayers for Gomaa chanting "They'll die, they'll die," in reference to the three Christian landlords, brothers Ayman, Atef and Farag Tagy, the witness said.

Police and security vehicles were positioned in the area.

Security sources said the Muslim man was the sole Muslim tenant in the building owned by the trio, and had been injured in an earlier fight with the brothers. One security source added that the three landlords had been detained over the death.

Christians account for up to 10 percent of Egypt's population. Relations with the Muslim majority are usually harmonious, but disputes over land, religious buildings or women sometimes lead to violence.

In 2006, there were three days of sectarian clashes in Alexandria after a Muslim stabbed a Coptic Christian to death. Authorities said the attacker was mentally ill. (Writing by Aziz El-Kaissouni; Editing by Jon Boyle)

http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSL5233483

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pondadreefah
Member # 16518

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pondadreefah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh what a wonderful story .Muslim killed Coptics cry Muslims shout DIE!!!!! what a wonderful world and country we live in .

--------------------
Livelong.

Posts: 38 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TAREK307
Member # 7838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TAREK307   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i feel like now every time people fight and one side is of a different religion, its made into a freaking secetarian issue!

--------------------
MY BLOG
www.modernpharaoh.blogspot.com

http://www.myspace.com/tarek307

AOL,YAHOO,MSN TAREK307

Posts: 511 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now they know they couldn't get away with this shyt in America. Muslimes don't dare try to fvck with American christians because they know what's up.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TAREK307:
i feel like now every time people fight and one side is of a different religion, its made into a freaking secetarian issue!

It's funny I was just telling my husband this just minutes ago. I recently read an article with the tile "Muslim kills Christian in Egypt," and I thought it was a religous caused murder. When I read the story it turned out that it was a fight over the property and so one killed the other but because one happened to be muslim and one happened to be christian, the media turned it into a religous issues. It's so bloody annoying.

But still I think there are issues between Muslims and Christians in Egypt and I hate the way the Egyptian government keeps trying to hush it down. We need to open this subject and talk about it so that we can deal with these issues and move on.

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bettyboo:
Now they know they couldn't get away with this shyt in America. Muslimes don't dare try to fvck with American christians because they know what's up.

No you're right we're totally scared of the American Christians because personally that speaking in tongues **** they do freaks the living lights out of us. Gotta stay away from that mambo jambo.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
quote:

No you're right we're totally scared of the American Christians because personally that speaking in tongues **** they do freaks the living lights out of us. Gotta stay away from that mambo jambo.
You people use aggression with christians in Egypt because you people can get away with it and you people are comfortable with knowing the ways of those people. You people wouldn't dare try that shyt in America or with an American christian because you people know they fight back. You people don't even try to fvck with the black American muslims because you know they are aggressive, but you people killing and showing disdain for other muslim sects in your country or throughout the muslim world who don't fit into the "mainstream" islam belief. You people try to take over a black American mosque and they shut your punk azz down. Shyt like that only work in your country. You people know who to fvck with.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bettyboo:
[QB] You people use aggression with christians in Egypt because you people can get away with it and you people are comfortable with knowing the ways of those people. You people wouldn't dare try that shyt in America or with an American christian because you people know they fight back. You people don't even try to fvck with the black American muslims because you know they are aggressive, but you people killing and showing disdain for other muslim sects in your country or throughout the muslim world who don't fit into the "mainstream" islam belief. You people try to take over a black American mosque and they shut your punk azz down. Shyt like that only work in your country. You people know who to fvck with. [/QB ]

Hmmm..sounds plausible. [Razz]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Bytch you got a lot of nerves. You fvcking muslimes sound like retards chanting and shouting that stupid Arab Allah Baba shyt. You people rock back and forth when you pray and meditate, go through trances, engage in "stoning of the devil" some stupid ritual you people perform during the huge mecca event. You people are nothing but fvcking retards. Not all christians believe or do they speak in tongues, but all you fvcking muslimes go through trances, shout, rock, and stone the invisible devil. And what about the seven virgins. You people are perverse and idiots.
Totta
Member # 16623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Totta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bytch you got a lot of nerves. You fvcking muslimes sound like retards chanting and shouting that stupid Arab Allah Baba shyt. You people rock back and forth when you pray and meditate, go through trances, engage in "stoning of the devil" some stupid ritual you people perform during the huge mecca event. You people are nothing but fvcking retards. Not all christians believe or do they speak in tongues, but all you fvcking muslimes go through trances, shout, rock, and stone the invisible devil. And what about the seven virgins. You people are perverse and idiots.
Betty, you sound like a typical racist Evangelical-inbred redneck fanatic.
Posts: 117 | From: Middle of Nowhere | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Totta:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Betty, you sound like a typical racist Evangelical-inbred redneck fanatic.
Don't you ever confuse me for some damn redneck.
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May 14, 2009

Egypt: Thousands of Muslims congregate, go on rampage due to rumor Copt hurled stone at mosque

"Until when will this silence continue and for how long will Copts continue to be treated so lowly, while the regime is boasting about how we live in the best era of democracy and citizenship? But it appears to be just 'slogans' empty of any content!"

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dunno ?? [Confused] by 6:37 GMT I guess ?? [Razz]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

totally agree.
I know a few coptic christians here and they say so much of this is b/s made worse by western media.
Somehow, those crazy evengelical happy clappy folks relate to the 'oppression' [hoho] of coptic christians here.
They are NOTHING like them, generally they despise western christians, consider them lightweight and misguided.
In their beliefs, they are the oldest sect in the world, and wouldn't be caught dead in a US church.
as long as people don't diss each others' religion, don't try to steal their daughters, don't spit at priests, throw rocks at mosques. most problems are simple neighbourhood clashes. [jets and sharks stuff.]
destabilisation scam.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey now i am a redneck there aint nothin religious about us. keep rednecks out yr relious talk come on.. one day this world will become one relious freak show killing for religons. i will sit back and watch and see who wins.. i still will never join a side..but that is a sad story a man died over property. its not whether he is muslim or christian he died. the killer should pay.and i doubt like betty boo said they would do it here in america cas our laws do not protect religions.u kill u die in the chair. or injection depends on the state. or life in prison. or if yr rich like oj u walk free.its a sad sad world out there.
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
[/qb]

You fvcking muslimes sound like retards chanting and shouting that stupid Arab Allah Baba shyt. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Ummm you mean Ali Baba? Lol [Smile]

Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

You fvcking muslimes sound like retards chanting and shouting that stupid Arab Allah Baba shyt. [/QB]
Ummm you mean Ali Baba? Lol [Smile] [/QB][/QUOTE]

NO, I meant "ALLAH Baba" (sarcasm) and I saw that stupid movie Ali Baba and it is wack.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com