EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » UNFinished THOught (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: UNFinished THOught
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you just taking a little break or did you deserted this forum for good??

EMWTK hope you are doing okay. ~ TL

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ourluxor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope UT is ok too. His/her posts are among the few on here that seem to try not to be personally insulting. They also seem to be pretty much "on the button".
Posts: 430 | From: luxor | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by ourluxor:
I hope UT is ok too. His/her posts are among the few on here that seem to try not to be personally insulting. They also seem to be pretty much "on the button".

UT has tried every possible trick and pulled every single string in attempt to degrade the prophet Muhammad pbuh..her c&p postings are of a systematic pattern reflecting her hostile sentiment towards Islam and the prophet Muhammad pbuh.
I as a Muslim, consider this clearly an insult to each and every Muslim on this planet. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UT is not much else than a bot. [Roll Eyes]

Never missed bots.

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is a bot? sash?
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check this out, Micky:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_bot

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ty Dalia ...robot [Confused] [Eek!]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ourluxor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are Muslims so touchy, and quick to take offence?
Accepted history tell us more about Muhammed than than anything in Islam, but then Muslims deny the truth when it smacks them in the face, or so it seems. The Christian Bible tells us that "By their works shall ye know them". Just about says it all as far as I can see.

Posts: 430 | From: luxor | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UT does have a voice - but she rarely uses it on this forum. She gives her opinions through articles she's posting and about half of them are not religiously related.

Some people are just not much into discussing stuff with others; they are kinda introverted. I am sure you all met people like this before in real life, don't you??

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UT's crusade against Islam is pathetic, if I wanted to dig out c&p articles 24/7 about Christianity and Jesus Christ deliberately to expose the negativity and cruelty of the dark ages during the inquisition era, I'd be doing a wonderful job..but hey, is this what religion calls for ?
The same thing for Atheism applies, I could post tons of crap to expose the fate of atheists, but actually it won't make a difference, they know exactly what they're into.

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
If it's pathetic then why do you and the rest get so wound up about it that you have to start name calling?
If you have the time to spare to dig up all this stuff about the Christianity of the Middle and Dark Ages, that's fine. But you will not find sane Christians threatening you with death and callimg you all the names under the sun because of publishing it.
That is surely part of the reason for UT's campaign against Islam. Moslems keep on saying that Islam is the religion of peace and tolerance, but the Muslim contributors on ES keep disproving what these people are trying to make the rest of the world believe.
Are you all really so blinded that you cannot see this? I can hardly believe it!

Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe still working   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How muslims or christians or any other religion was in the past cant be changed. How we are today is what matters. Does religion really matters if judging/describing the character of another human being???
Posts: 1325 | From: For tooti http://www.csa.gov.uk/ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
outluxor.. we 'Muslims' are not the blinded ones, we've been told in the Qur'an.. [Roll Eyes]

Take it or leave it... [Razz]

Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe still working   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
outluxor.. we 'Muslims' are not the blinded ones, we've been told in the Qur'an.. [Roll Eyes]

Take it or leave it... [Razz]

Honestly i think there is a partly truth in what luxorlovers statement. If someone says something bad about jesus or the bible - i dont feel offended. I didnt write the bible and i didnt live at then time jesus did so who im a to know his character or actions?????
I have never understoond why (majority) of muslims get so personal offended if someone dare to question Mohammed (PBUH) or the quran or make statements like - why did a grown man marry a little child (Ayisha) or why it was okay to have sex (read rape)with slaves when sex outside marriage was a great sin ect ect ect. Good moral??Thats IMO a perfectly ligitimate questions to ask if someone has a religious interest.

Posts: 1325 | From: For tooti http://www.csa.gov.uk/ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Why should anyone bother so much about the postman's life rather than reading the actual letter he delivered..read the letter to follow what's in it for you to do...and simply do it, if you don't like it, leave it and go on with your life. [Big Grin]
Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
Hear what your saying but then your also write:

UT has tried every possible trick and pulled every single string in attempt to degrade the prophet Muhammad pbuh..her c&p postings are of a systematic pattern reflecting her hostile sentiment towards Islam and the prophet Muhammad pbuh.
I as a Muslim, consider this clearly an insult to each and every Muslim on this planet.

----------------------------------------------

Muhammed is THE central person in islam. Why shouldnt he be allowed to be debated without muslims feeling personal insulted??? That i dont understand.

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Why should anyone bother so much about the postman's life rather than reading the actual letter he delivered..

Hear, hear! [Wink]
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
THE LETTER IS HERE DALIA.. Check out the English for your convenience... [Razz]
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:

THE LETTER IS HERE DALIA..

I have it right here on paper, in several versions, Dz. Much better than reading online. [Razz]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Dalia*:
quote:

Why should anyone bother so much about the postman's life rather than reading the actual letter he delivered..

Hear, hear! [Wink]
Ditto!!
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Originally posted by *Dalia*:
I have it right here on paper, in several versions, Dz. Much better than reading online. [Razz]

The point is to listen as you read and of course the variety of tafaseer, which you'd probably need to consider. [Roll Eyes]

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Originally posted by Ayisha:
Hear, hear! [Wink] Ditto!!

You couldn't resist to jump in..couldn't you Ayisha ?? [Big Grin]
Ahmad's absence has created a vacuum I guess.. [Roll Eyes] [Razz]
Don't bother with me..I'm just passing by for old times' sake. [Big Grin] [Wink]

ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Here we go again replying with unnecessary nastiness, but not answering any questions, just showing how peaceful and tolerant you are as usual.
I'll leave it, and thanks for at least giving me the option, instead of killing me for refusing to convert.

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
I'll leave it, and thanks for at least giving me the option, instead of killing me for refusing to convert.

I'd call that tolerance, don't you think ?? [Confused] Nobody asked you to convert. [Frown]

ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
While I'm at the keyboard.......
What exactly have you been told in the Qu'ran?
That you should pretend to be peaceful and tolerant while actually being aggresive and vindictive? That is certainly how you come across on this forum.
That is what my last posting was actually about, as well as being mystified as to why you need to be so affronted on behalf of your "prophet".
I'm not trying to score points for Christianity here, (I don't need to) I would just like some straight answers!

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
While I'm at the keyboard.......
What exactly have you been told in the Qu'ran?
That you should pretend to be peaceful and tolerant while actually being aggresive and vindictive? That is certainly how you come across on this forum.
That is what my last posting was actually about, as well as being mystified as to why you need to be so affronted on behalf of your "prophet".
I'm not trying to score points for Christianity here, (I don't need to) I would just like some straight answers!

Sorry to tell you, this don't work with me no more..I'm done with Religion 101, you need to search old postings, or wait till Ahmad shows up. [Razz]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Here we go again replying with unnecessary nastiness, but not answering any questions, just showing how peaceful and tolerant you are as usual.

what nastiness? did it get deleted before I read it? no one has been nasty [Confused]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Please forgive me, I guess this touchiness is rubbing off! LOL. I took the "Take it or leave it" to be a bit of an ultimatum, and reacted wrongly. I'm sorry.
Nevertheless, there's still no answers.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Please forgive me, I guess this touchiness is rubbing off! LOL. I took the "Take it or leave it" to be a bit of an ultimatum, and reacted wrongly. I'm sorry.
Nevertheless, there's still no answers.

matey, if you going to be posting on ES and certainly in THIS section, you gotta grow a tougher skin if you think thats nasty! we can get MUCH more nasty than that in here [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

what answers?

I will go back and look [Cool]

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:

Ahmad's absence has created a vacuum I guess..

A wonderful vacuum ... peace and absence of foul language, alhamdullilah!

Has he been banned or given up and found another forum? I truly hope so. [Smile]

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Ahmad is young Dalia, he's got a career ahead of him..he must study and succeed rather than debate fruitlessly on Religion, I wish him luck with his professional life, and don't want him in here again..I hope he gets this.

Same3 ya bashmohandiss ?? [Roll Eyes]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Why are Muslims so touchy, and quick to take offence?

hhmm touchy and quick. First can I just quote your previous post?
"Please forgive me, I guess this touchiness is rubbing off! LOL. I took the "Take it or leave it" to be a bit of an ultimatum, and reacted wrongly. I'm sorry."
and nothing nasty had actually been said [Wink]

If you click 'Religion' you will see all the topic titles, go to page 2 or 3 or any other and look at the titles, look at the titles started by UT, 99% are anti-islam. Look how many anti-christianity ones are started by muslims. I dont think 'touchy and quick to react' really have value do you?

quote:
Accepted history tell us more about Muhammed than than anything in Islam,
you are entitled to that opinion but I disagree, I feel Quran tells us more about Muhammed, but then I also feel Muhammed as a man is irrelevant to the message, but thats my opinion.

quote:
but then Muslims deny the truth when it smacks them in the face, or so it seems.
Now again thats your opinion, as a muslim I feel the same about christians, I am not knocking christians, I was one once and saw the hypocrisy in christians as I do in muslims, but thats not relevant to the message either.

quote:
The Christian Bible tells us that "By their works shall ye know them". Just about says it all as far as I can see.
Absolutely, God says similar things in His final Book too. [Wink]

quote:
If it's pathetic then why do you and the rest get so wound up about it that you have to start name calling?
again, look back at the topics.

Personally regarding UT the thing that gets to me is you cant even have a discussion about anything with her or including her as she is frantically copy pasting before you've taken a breath. I have tried discussing/debating with her but the copy pastes just get longer and longer you dont have time to read through and reply as she just goes into overdrive and for 1 post she will post 4 replies, all copies and all about 4+ A4 pages, thats not a discussion or a debate is it? and NONE of it in her own words.
On the rare occassions she has used her own words you will find they are as abusive and name calling as any of us. [Big Grin]

quote:
If you have the time to spare to dig up all this stuff about the Christianity of the Middle and Dark Ages, that's fine. But you will not find sane Christians threatening you with death and callimg you all the names under the sun because of publishing it.
now as far as im aware I am the one with a death threat hanging over me, not UT nor any Christian or Atheist, me a Muslim. We dont start anti christian topics to bash christians or any other religion but when Islam is constantly 'attacked' shall we say, then yes things will become heated BECAUSE its so constant!

quote:
That is surely part of the reason for UT's campaign against Islam.
again, look at the topics started, there are none for UT to be retaliating against. She just hates Islam and Muslims but Islam and Muslims aint doing anything to bother her.

quote:
Moslems keep on saying that Islam is the religion of peace and tolerance, but the Muslim contributors on ES keep disproving what these people are trying to make the rest of the world believe.
Now I assume you feel that Jesus was the man of peace and Christianity is the religion that teaches peace, according to your logic all his followers should all be peaceful loving kind people like him, but are they? is that what UT is showing of Christianity by constantly attacking Islam? of course not. Not all Christians, very few, are actually showing what they believe Christianity teaches, its the same with Muslims too. I said before that I saw the hypocrisy when I was Christian and I do with Muslims too, because we are HUMAN and therefore not perfect. The BOOKS teach peace and tollerance, the PEOPLE do what people do. If you think Christians have been peaceful people for 2000 years you are deluding yourself,accepted history proves otherwise.

quote:
Are you all really so blinded that you cannot see this? I can hardly believe it!
and again we feel the same about you!

no one is forcing you to convert or believe in Islam, Allah or Muhammed, but many here DO. If you live in Luxor then you live among Muslims who DO believe this and you also live among Christians who call God 'Allah'

Muslims believe that Quran is the Word of God, the Final Word from God, they also believe there was a beginning to this message and that was given to the jews including Jesus. They also believe that jesus was a great prophet and messenger of God but not God in the flesh nor His son, but we dont start millions of topics about it attacking you as we also know you have a right to your belief whatever it is. Quran says 'to you your religion, to me mine' and no one can force anyone to convert! Now you will say 'but they do, we hear about it all the time' and I will say 'yes thats true' but just as I can also say there are people in this world who claim to be 'christians' but kill rape murder commit suicide ALL also in the name of their 'belief'.

Islam and Muslims are 2 very different things, dont get the 2 mixed up, one is perfect the other is human.

does that answer any of your questions? [Cool]

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Good work Ayisha..now sit tight and expect miles of c&p when UT crawls out from her hole.. [Roll Eyes] [Wink]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Good work Ayisha..now sit tight and expect miles of c&p when UT crawls out from her hole.. [Roll Eyes] [Wink]

makes no difference to me dzosser, I dont read them [Big Grin]
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe her copy and paste buttons are broken.
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
As someone said to me on another thread, we are looking at things from a different perspective.
Perhaps I should just go back to reading ES, and ignoring the bits I don't like.
Thank you for your patience Ayisha.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
you're welcome ourluxor but please dont stay silent and just read, your opinion is as valid as anyone elses.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The same thing for Atheism applies, I could post tons of crap to expose the fate of atheists, but actually it won't make a difference, they know exactly what they're into.

BOOHOO..... please post everything you know what will happen to atheists once they expire!! [Big Grin]

Btw, can we just agree to disagree that we will all end up as worm fodder one day?? [Smile]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

BOOHOO..... please post everything you know what will happen to atheists once they expire!! [Big Grin]

Btw, can we just agree to disagree that we will all end up as worm fodder one day?? [Smile]

how can we agree to disagree on that, there is no question, we will all end up as worm food one day unless we get burnt, the disagreements are not what happens to the body but the soul, and no worms is having my soul! [Big Grin]
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why should anyone bother so much about the postman's life rather than reading the actual letter he delivered..read the letter to follow what's in it for you to do...and simply do it, if you don't like it, leave it and go on with your life. [Big Grin]

If the postman is just delivering a letter that someone else wrote then there is no need to be concerned about his life, but if he is touted as the perfect man and his life is to be emulated then absolutely you should be concerned about his life.
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Originally posted by of_gold:
If the postman is just delivering a letter that someone else wrote then there is no need to be concerned about his life, but if he is touted as the perfect man and his life is to be emulated then absolutely you should be concerned about his life.

Muslims are concerned, but why should non Muslims bother so much ?? I could like someone for giving me a gift, why does this bother my neighbours ? My neighbours are calling him names and don't like his gift to me..nobody's forcing them to accept his gift. [Frown]

of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Muslims are concerned, but why should non Muslims bother so much ?? I could like someone for giving me a gift, why does this bother my neighbours ? My neighbours are calling him names and don't like his gift to me..nobody's forcing them to accept his gift. [Frown]

True Dzosser, your point is taken.

....But maybe your neighbors are concerned because the postman would have them killed unless they convert to his religion. [Frown]

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
But maybe your neighbors are concerned because the postman would have them killed unless they convert to his religion. [Frown]

Not true..they paid Jizya,not killed..if they refuse then it was war, simple as that. [Big Grin] [Razz]

of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
But maybe your neighbors are concerned because the postman would have them killed unless they convert to his religion. [Frown]

Not true..they paid Jizya,not killed..if they refuse then it was war, simple as that. [Big Grin] [Razz]

Correct me if I am wrong but to the best of my knowledge war = killing. [Razz] [Big Grin]

Anyway with that aside, do you agree that one person should pay another just because he does not have the same beliefs?

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, still Ahmad and her are missing [Wink]

Maybe they are here; [Razz]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZFyCu97KyQ

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Anyway with that aside, do you agree that one person should pay another just because he does not have the same beliefs?

Well if that person were to protect me from invading forces (the norm during that period) and save me from them, I'd pay him, and if I'd no means to pay, then I'd go with the saying of 'if you can't beat them, join them'.

Islam was fighting to gain popularity from the big boys like Romans and Persians, notice how those empires were losing ground to Islam, Turks were muslims btw.
[Roll Eyes]

End_of_the_Road
Member # 17199

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for End_of_the_Road     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UT is still around ES? Some things never change...
Posts: 3 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do worms have souls???

Do animals have souls?

dRandom I know lol... but this threas is obscure anyway.

I imagine that Muslims and Christians are fed up of us Agnostics and atheists cropping up but to be fair, what makes my belief or any others beliefs any more or less important than others.

There is nothing factual in life for me to believe in anything other than nothing right now [Big Grin]

It just seems everyone is belittled by a few because their faith has a bigger following or is older blah blah blah... show me fact about anything other than you live you die the end.

9am and feisty [Big Grin] Wow, this sleep thing rules [Smile]

I didn't notice the absence of UT!!! oops

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Something funny - THE ATHEIST SNEEZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8nyrz0O1Qk

(and no I don't feel offended)!! [Wink]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This video is not available in Egypt due to copyright restrictions
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com