EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Reading Quran in Ramadan

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Reading Quran in Ramadan
My_Login_Name
Member # 16667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for My_Login_Name     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Started today reading Quran and my aim is to finish the holy book by the end of Ramadan (hopefully i can do it twice), I read 2 parts so far..
Posts: 199 | From: Here and there | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabruk. So you have done up to 2:252? took me 1 hour to read Al Baqarah, the rest should be a doddle. I was surprised when I timed it, thought it would take longer. Find it hard to put down once I start though. [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephie_ELH
Member # 16197

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephie_ELH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in arabic or english?
Posts: 195 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me - English, him - Arabic

Read in English as I want to understand it, studying the Arabic of Quran so I can increase my understanding of it.

--------------------

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My_Login_Name
Member # 16667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for My_Login_Name     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4 parts now!
I m reading quran to understand it more & the more I read it the more I know how great our religion is.
thank god for being a muslim man (and no offense at all to other religions).

Posts: 199 | From: Here and there | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freshsoda
Member # 13226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freshsoda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My login name, When you reach to Qur'an (9:29), tell us what did you understand?
Posts: 653 | From: Great Manchester | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My_Login_Name
Member # 16667

Rate Member
Okay, promise i will.
MrMoussaka
Member # 17647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrMoussaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question...does one need to know the Christian bible well to understand the Qur'an well?

Thanks

--------------------
...'knock on the sky and listen to the sound'...Zen saying

Posts: 62 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freshsoda
Member # 13226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freshsoda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moussaka, It's better to read the Bible for your knowledge then read the Quran, so you can compare between both. Btw in brief you will find these Biblical Stories in Qur'an
The creation of the world, Adam and Eve , The Evil, Cain and Abel, Noah and the floods, The tower of Babel, Abraham, People of Isreal, Joseph, Moses and his brother, Sauel , David, Solmon, Jonah, Job, Mary and Jesus.

Posts: 653 | From: Great Manchester | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My_Login_Name
Member # 16667

Rate Member
but which bible shall we read for knowledge! there are 100 of bibles out there! but only One Great QURAN.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by My_Login_Name:
but which bible shall we read for knowledge! there are 100 of bibles out there! but only One Great QURAN.

Bible means collection of Books.

bssed on your logic there are hundreds of Quran TRANSLATIONS and the same as there is only One in Arabic there is only One in Hebrew/Aramaic and whatever other language God sent the message in, just that there were many 'Books' to the Bible.

In the same way we non-Arabs have to use translations to read Quran you would have to use one of the many translations to read the Bible, unless you learn hebrew and Aramaic.

My_Login_Name
Member # 16667

Rate Member
well translation is different than the original book and when i say that there are more than one bible i mean more than one original bible i didn't mean the translated books!
There are more than one bible in the same language and its well known for everyone Ayisha.
I am really wondering which bible is the right one although its well known also that all bibles existing these days are far from the original bible that was sent from God, there are some changes that have been made to deny Prophet Mohamed coming and also deny that Jesus is a prophet to fight the new religion.
Please correct me if i am wrong

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
As i said MLN, 'Bible' means 'collection of Books'. The present day 'Bible' was collated in 325ad and a number of 'books' were abandoned, many parts of these have been found among the Nag Hamadi scrolls in Egypt. Protestans and catholics have a different number of 'Books' in their Bibles (collection).

If you were to start reading then I would suggest you read whatever you can find and its a case of piecing it together in your mind, but as in 'actual Words of God' I think you will possibly only find that if you find the lost Ark [Big Grin] Even Christians will tell you that the Bible today, and even then, is written by 'inspired' men as opposed to his actual Words recited as Muslims believe Quran is. As far as im aware only Moses had the actual Words, burnt into stone tablets, which were the 10 commandments. Torah is the first 5 books of the Old testamnt, you could start with that. Injil you would have to search 'lost gospels' written by some of the disciples including Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Jesus. The 'infancy Gospels' are interesting too.

Either way, it does make for some very interesting reading and actually clears up some on Quran verses relating to the past. IMHO of course.

I believe as a Muslim you should at least make an attempt to look at the Books God makes reference to in Quran, even if you read them in English from the present day translations, just to see. Something to think about while you are reading 2 juz a day of Quran [Big Grin] , hows that going?

--------------------

My_Login_Name
Member # 16667

Rate Member
Well Ayisha i don't think reading bible will add anything to my knowledge since i am sure that this book isn't the book that god wanted it to be.
They changed some facts and some stories to deny Islam and prophet Mohamed, the original bible mentioned that there is a prophet coming called Ahmed (Peace and prayers upon him) after Jesus but they didn't mention this in any bible; i heard that there is one bible though that is so close to what the original bible was but not sure where to find it.

freshsoda
Member # 13226

login name, you have one copy of Quran because Uthman bin Afan in 653 AD burned the other copies which were different and kept only one copy of Hafsa after he ordered to be written in the dialect of Quraish. Does this fact make you have peace of mind that your one copy is the right one? You said "its well known also that all bibles existing these days are far from the original bible" . NO ,it's not well known, it's only in your imagination. Where is the original Bible that you compare with the other copies? You only claim without evidence.

You said "there are some changes that have been made to deny Prophet Mohamed coming" Ahaaa,again bla bla without evidence. Simply his name was never been there, even Jews they are not waiting him but waiting the Messiah. How you think that Arabic man like Muhammed Would came to the Jews as a prophet while he wasn't Jew,neither spoke HEBREW nor ARAMIC ?? Even the first Christians were also Jews. If it's written in Quran about prophet his name is Ahmad not Muhammed, so why you are following Muhammed then?

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

They changed some facts and some stories to deny Islam and prophet Mohamed, the original bible mentioned that there is a prophet coming called Ahmed (Peace and prayers upon him) after Jesus but they didn't mention this in any bible;

You haven't read a Bible, but you "know" that a prophet named Ahmad is mentioned in there. How so?
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
me - English, him - Arabic

Read in English as I want to understand it, studying the Arabic of Quran so I can increase my understanding of it.

Reciting Quran in English !!
Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody mentioned reciting Qur'an in English. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
exactly Dalia, the thread is about READING Quran and no one mentioned reciting.

I tell you I have had these arrogant boastful lot up to the eyeballs just lately. Holding back from ripping into someone elsewhere with all my might.

--------------------

Bollock
Member # 17944

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bollock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Started today reading Quran and my aim is to finish the holy book by the end of Ramadan (hopefully i can do it twice), I read 2 parts so far..

Friend, it is better if you could keep your good deeds alone and do not exploit it to public. "Prioritizing the sight of Allah than human eyes."

It is just an advice [Smile]

Posts: 46 | From: on your plate | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bollock
Member # 17944

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bollock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Freshsoda is doing Christinizing mission now, why don't you ask whether he/she is reading Barnabas? hehehe
Posts: 46 | From: on your plate | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bollock:
quote:

Freshsoda is doing Christinizing mission now, why don't you ask whether he/she is reading Barnabas? hehehe
or Thomas, or the infancy gospels, oops no as the infancy gospels confirm what Quran said about Jesus speaking from the cradle!
ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ourluxor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Friend, it is better if you could keep your good deeds alone and do not exploit it to public. "Prioritizing the sight of Allah than human eyes.""

Does this mean that reading the Quran is a "good deed" in the eyes of Allah, one which will bring the Muslim closer to Paradise?

Along with the laughable degree of importance which you all seem to attribute to the supposed lack of God's authority in our Scriptures, as evidenced in the childlike digs in the last two posts, this makes embarrassing reading for a Christian! I feel somewhat like the Titanic survivors must have, who were in the lifeboats and sadly rowing away from those who were left in the water to sink or swim.
I'm sure that one of our more friendly protagonists will come on soon to tell me to F off if I don't like what I read, but I think I'll hang on in there for the time being, thank you.

Posts: 430 | From: luxor | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com