EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Afghanistan: Red Cross worker to be hanged for converting to Christianity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Afghanistan: Red Cross worker to be hanged for converting to Christianity
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One-legged Afghan Red Cross worker set to be hanged after converting to Christianity
Last updated at 12:03 AM on 7th February 2011

An Afghan physiotherapist will be executed within three days for converting to Christianity. Said Musa, 45, has been held for eight months in a Kabul prison were he claims he has been tortured and sexually abused by inmates and guards.

Mr Musa, who lost his left leg in a landmine explosion in the 1990s, has worked for the Red Cross for 15 years and helps to treat fellow amputees....

He claims he was visited by a judge who told him he would be hanged within days unless he converted back to Islam.

But he remains defiant and said he would be willing to die for his faith....

Defence lawyers have refused to represent him, while others have dropped the case after receiving death threats....

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/article-1354246/One-legged-Afghan-Red-Cross-worker-hanged-converting-Christianity.html

"Hello, Hamid? It's Hillary...Yes, yes, peace be upon those who are rightly guided indeed...Fine, thanks, and you?...A double eagle on a par-5 hole! Wow, that's terrific...Yes...Look, Hamid, about this Said Musa character, or Musa Sayed, or whatever. You know who I mean? Yes, that's right, the accursed murtadd dog. Look, Hamid, I know how you feel, and you know how much I respect Islam, but you guys are making it harder for me to keep on saying how peaceful and tolerant Islam is. Can you cut me some slack here, please?...

"Oh, no, I'm certainly not saying you should stop the trial...Release him? Oh, no, I'm not saying that...You guys are a sovereign government...A sovereign country...But...you're really making us come out of this building a new Afghanistan thing with egg on our face, Hamid...After all, we've been fighting for freedom for all Afghans, right? And that includes freedom of religion and freedom of conscience, right? I mean, Hamid, doesn't your own Constitution say -- How does it go? 'Followers of other religions are free to exercise their faith and perform their religious rites within the limits of the provisions of law'? And what are those limits, Hamid? 'In Afghanistan, no law can be contrary to the beliefs and provisions of the sacred religion of Islam.'...Oh, I see...I see...And Islam actually forbids conversion to another religion?...And someone who leaves Islam must be killed? Muhammad commanded it? Wow, Hamid, I had no idea....I mean, John Esposito told me -- what? Esposito's a what?

"But Hamid, can't you release this Musa Sayed or Said Musa character just as a favor to us?...What's that? People actually believe in laws like this? You'll have open revolt?...Well, yes, we did sign off on your Constitution, it's true. But we didn't realize that anybody actually took seriously -- well, of course Hamid. I see the tough position you're in...No, I don't think you should be made out to be an American stooge...No, of course we don't want to see your government fall...No, of course I don't want you to join the Taliban...No no no, of course I respect Islam...No, I'm not an Islamophobe...Look, calm down. It's all right, Hamid...Calm down...Now I know when you say that word, you mean an interior spiritual struggle...Just calm down, please...It's all right...We won't cut off any aid...No, not even if Said Musa or Musa Sayed or whatever is executed...Of course we know we've come this far with you, we can't abandon you now...Yes, certainly, Hamid...We'll go to Bullfeather's next time you're in Washington...All right, Hamid...You have a lovely evening too...Thank you...Good night."

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shocker: "Afghan rights fall short for Christian converts"
https://myaccount.nytimes.com/auth/login?URI=http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/06/world/asia/06mussa.html&OQ=_rQ3D3Q26refQ3Dglobal-home

Nothing should be surprising about this. It is built into the Afghan constitution, which stipulates that Afghanistan is an Islamic republic, and that "followers of other religions are free to exercise their faith and perform their religious rites within the limits of the provisions of law, " but "no law can be contrary to the beliefs and provisions of the sacred religion of Islam."

Therefore, Sharia is the law of the land and has the last word in defining the limits on the practice of other religions. And Sharia forbids conversion out of Islam.

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tell you what. Translate that lil lot to Arabic, whack it on a plackard, and walk down Kabul high street with it. See how far you get.
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ourluxor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that it's an appalling reality for Mr Said, and that it also shows the Muslims in the 7th century light, which seems to be where they want to be, but Hilary's phone call is the funniest thing I've seen today!
What can we possibly do about this sort of interpretation of there being "no compulsion" in religion? Come on, all you peace loving Muslims, what have you to say on this?
Btw Monkey, are you advocating that vwwwvv should also get the chop?

Posts: 430 | From: luxor | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me? No way. I'm all for freedom of speech me, and exercising one's democratic rights [Cool]
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com