EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Female Imams & Gay 'Muslims' – the American Vision for Islam

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Female Imams & Gay 'Muslims' – the American Vision for Islam
stanley
Member # 6865

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Female Imams & Gay 'Muslims' – the American Vision for Islam
www.voiceofummah.net www.idraak.com www.sawtalummah.com www.islamvkufr.com

24/3/03

by Abu Sulayman

The recent congregation of both male and female 'Muslims', which prayed behind a woman, has been deliberately splashed globally over newspaper front pages all around the globe. In addition the fact that this deplorable action took place within New York and more appropriately in a Chapel, should be of no surprise either. It is the U.S. (the Kufar) that openly support such actions in their quest of redefining and polluting the purity of Islam with the filth of their Kufr values and ideals of 'democracy', 'women's rights' and 'freedom' etc. Under the 'freedom' of the American flag the 'Imam' Amina Wadud, disgustingly referred to Allah SWT in her 'khutba' as "She" and also later stated that her action was "only one aspect of emphasizing the belief in the reality that women are equal". Could this statement be the precursor to Ms. Amina's next ludicrous announcement of her desire to have four husbands??

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam, it is well known that the Muslimah must pray behind the men if the congregation is mixed due to what Anas narrated and said: “The Messenger of Allah (saw) stood and At-Teem and I stood behind him, and an old woman behind us, so he prayed with us.” Also from ibn Abbas who said: “I prayed at the side of the Prophet (saw) and Aisha was with us praying behind us, and I was at the side of the Prophet praying with him.” Thus the evidences are clear that the woman must pray behind the man in congregation.

Alongside Al Fatihah 'mosque' for Gay and Lesbian 'Muslims' in California, Ms Amina and her like are mere signs of the intellectual onslaught the Kuffar are planning upon our Islamic Aqeedah under the guise of 'democracy'. It is true that with democracy such actions are allowed and encouraged under the banner of 'freedom' and it will be the Kuffar's intention to introduce such debauchery within our lands. It is also true that under the Islamic System revealed by the Allmighty Allah SWT such actions are totally forbidden. Now, isn't it more obvious which system the Islamic Ummah should be calling and striving for?

Allah (SWT) says:
“Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, “Because Allah has made one of them to excel (Fadl) the other and because they spend (to support them) from their means… [An- Nisa: 34]

Posts: 59 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stanley:
Female Imams & Gay 'Muslims' – the American Vision for Islam
www.voiceofummah.net www.idraak.com www.sawtalummah.com www.islamvkufr.com

24/3/03

by Abu Sulayman

The recent congregation of both male and female 'Muslims', which prayed behind a woman, has been deliberately splashed globally over newspaper front pages all around the globe. In addition the fact that this deplorable action took place within New York and more appropriately in a Chapel, should be of no surprise either. It is the U.S. (the Kufar) that openly support such actions in their quest of redefining and polluting the purity of Islam with the filth of their Kufr values and ideals of 'democracy', 'women's rights' and 'freedom' etc. Under the 'freedom' of the American flag the 'Imam' Amina Wadud, disgustingly referred to Allah SWT in her 'khutba' as "She" and also later stated that her action was "only one aspect of emphasizing the belief in the reality that women are equal". Could this statement be the precursor to Ms. Amina's next ludicrous announcement of her desire to have four husbands??

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam, it is well known that the Muslimah must pray behind the men if the congregation is mixed due to what Anas narrated and said: “The Messenger of Allah (saw) stood and At-Teem and I stood behind him, and an old woman behind us, so he prayed with us.” Also from ibn Abbas who said: “I prayed at the side of the Prophet (saw) and Aisha was with us praying behind us, and I was at the side of the Prophet praying with him.” Thus the evidences are clear that the woman must pray behind the man in congregation.

Alongside Al Fatihah 'mosque' for Gay and Lesbian 'Muslims' in California, Ms Amina and her like are mere signs of the intellectual onslaught the Kuffar are planning upon our Islamic Aqeedah under the guise of 'democracy'. It is true that with democracy such actions are allowed and encouraged under the banner of 'freedom' and it will be the Kuffar's intention to introduce such debauchery within our lands. It is also true that under the Islamic System revealed by the Allmighty Allah SWT such actions are totally forbidden. Now, isn't it more obvious which system the Islamic Ummah should be calling and striving for?

Allah (SWT) says:
“Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, “Because Allah has made one of them to excel (Fadl) the other and because they spend (to support them) from their means… [An- Nisa: 34]

Careful with name calling. You can't call someone as Kafir just like that!

As for woman as Imam, It's reasonable to expect this to happen when the Muslim Ummah" specially the saudi version" is not giving enough space to hear from women , look how women are being excluded from mosques to the point of making walls to separate them in small places to protect our corrupted brothers.

I do believe in rules but not such extreme rules like that of saudi rules which in return brought another extremism of western Islam which try to apply identicality between male and female in Islam.

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No doubt Islam will have to have female clerics before long. We no longer live in the 8th century.
Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I often wonder why Islam hasnt moved with the times. I am so glad to hear an all female Mosque is now up and running in Amsterdam. History tells us that the prophet had women pray side by side with him, they helped build the Mosques he prayed in. So why have they not been allowed to pray with the men. Are the Imams so anti women, cause if it was good enough for the prophet why is it not good enough for the Imams?...it is the 21st century.
Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Discrimination based on gender is idiotic. For centuries we have wasted the talents of women, times are changing and these changes CANNOT be stopped.
Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Horemheb...
I totally agree with you....pity the Imams don't see that......

Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
They will Val....they'll either change or the modern world will simply leave them behind. some great things are happening in Afghanistan. Did you see how fast they threw off those berkas? We are now training women police officrs. some of these guys may find themselves arrested by women.
Poly
Member # 6851

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who said women in Afghanistan threw off the purka'a?? may be some of them and mainly in Kabul, but still many did not.. things like that don't change over night.. Taliban legacy is still strong there.. Good move for a woman to run for presidency though and with no resources at all..
Posts: 95 | From: Italy | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
No doubt Islam will have to have female clerics before long. We no longer live in the 8th century.

Horem, what does that have to do with things?
That is the same argument Western Christians give about eating Pork, even though it says clearly in Leviticus not to eat it, people will say, 'well, times were different back then, and parasites are controlled now, blah blah blah'.
By a religious standpoint, do you think people who made the rules even BACK then might have reasons other than oppression or being uncivilized? Next thing you know, you'll want gays leading prayers too, my friend. Everything starts off in steps, unfortunately with religion, it doesn't work as easily as 'let's change the rules'. The Catholic Church has been a great example of what NOT to do. I know, I grew up Catholic before I converted, and even in the church they did not allow women to lead prayers in the fashion the priests do. At least they stuck to that! And you actually think ISLAM will allow it? I beg to differ~

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
I think they'll have to noor. you know how conservative i am and i like tradition but the world is changing. once these changes start they cannot be stopped in my view. Saw an interesting interview last year with a top muslim media person. Our guy asked him point blank...."why do they hate us so much." His reply was..."there are many reasons, but really, its the way you treat your women." The change in the status of women in the 20th century has been of historic porportions...its a massive change for humanity. Many muslims just don't want to accept it but they are going to have to do so. Gays are a different story...they will never be widely accepted because a substantial portion of any population will always see them as perverted. No, the muslims will have to change religion or no religion.
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think they'll have to noor. you know how conservative i am and i like tradition but the world is changing. once these changes start they cannot be stopped in my view. Saw an interesting interview last year with a top muslim media person. Our guy asked him point blank...."why do they hate us so much." His reply was..."there are many reasons, but really, its the way you treat your women." The change in the status of women in the 20th century has been of historic porportions...its a massive change for humanity. Many muslims just don't want to accept it but they are going to have to do so. Gays are a different story...they will never be widely accepted because a substantial portion of any population will always see them as perverted. No, the muslims will have to change religion or no religion.

I have so much to say about this I can hardly think straight.

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Looking forward to your points.
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think they'll have to noor. you know how conservative i am and i like tradition but the world is changing. once these changes start they cannot be stopped in my view. Saw an interesting interview last year with a top muslim media person. Our guy asked him point blank...."why do they hate us so much." His reply was..."there are many reasons, but really, its the way you treat your women." ...

First it was we hate you for your freedom
now the way you treat your women?
What's next? Mcdonald and Britney spears?

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The issue about woman leading prayers is not an issue only withing Muslims but even Christians and Jews (Haven't seen Rabbi woman myself).

The Muslim prayers in nature is different than the jewish and Christian ones and if it was only for saying prayers in words then Muslim women have done more than that from the begining of Islam.

No offence but honestly there is a big difference.

nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
quote:

Ok, first I think you view religion and politics as the same. Which is strange since we are American both, I know you should not feel like that.
The issue that this is in a politics forum isn't my concern but the subject is. It is not the PEOPLE who will destroy a religion or a belief or other people but Allah (God). We cannot simply say 'if they don't change the religion will be destroyed'. Out of the three Abrahamic faiths it is Christianity that has changed the MOST and it is also the faith most left by those born into it. If you look at the stats it is Islam most converted to, the fastest growing religion in the world and is it any worse because women don't lead prayers??? How ridiclous! Since when have women been indoctrinated to believe that unless other women are allowed to lead prayers we are nothing?
Salaam.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com