EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Belgian woman identified as Iraq bomber!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Belgian woman identified as Iraq bomber!!!!!
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Belgian Woman Identified As an Iraq Bomber By RAF CASERT, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 7 minutes ago

MONCEAU-SUR-SAMBRE, Belgium - Authorities have identified a woman who carried out a suicide attack against a U.S. patrol in Iraq as a 38-year-old Belgian who had two marriages to radical Muslim men.

Muriel Degauque, who grew up near the industrial city of Charleroi, entered Iraq from Syria last month and detonated explosives strapped to her body in a failed attack against U.S. troops.

Her mother, Liliane Degauque, told Belgian TV networks that her daughter was "so nice" — but began to change when she married an Algerian man and turned to Islamic fundamentalism.

The case underscored the growing reach of international terrorism.

"It is the first time that we see that a Western woman, a Belgian, marrying a radical Muslim, and is converted up to the point of becoming a jihad fighter," federal police director Glenn Audenaert said.

In her younger years, Degauque lived a conventional life in southern Belgium. Media reports said she finished high school before taking on several jobs, including selling bread in a bakery. They also said she had run into problems with drugs and alcohol as an adolescent.

After marrying her second husband — a Moroccan man — authorities said Degauque became a member of a terror cell that embraced al-Qaida's ideology.

"This is our Belgian kamikaze killed in Iraq," read the headline of Thursday's La Derniere Heure newspaper, over a picture of the smiling young woman.

When Liliane Degauque saw police coming to her doorstep Wednesday, she immediately knew what it was about. She had heard reports the evening before there had been a terrorist attack on Nov. 9 by a Belgian woman.

Muriel's second husband was believed to have died in Iraq at some point before her death.

"For three weeks already I tried to contact her by telephone but I got the answering machine," she told the RTBF network on Thursday.

Authorities Thursday formally charged five of 14 suspects detained with involvement in a terrorist network that sent volunteers like Degauque to Iraq. A 15th suspect was picked up in France.

Those placed under arrest in Belgium were a Tunisian and four Belgians, three of whom had North African roots. The other nine were released.

"This action shows how international terrorism tries to set up networks in western European nations, recruit for terror attacks in conflict areas and look for funds to finance terrorism," said Belgian Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt.

Islamic radical groups linked to al-Qaida terror network are suspected of setting up networks in Belgium and other European nations with large Muslim communities. There are currently 13 Belgian and Moroccan nationals on trial for allegedly being members of an Islamic group suspected in recent bomb attacks in Spain and Morocco.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051201/ap_on_re_eu/belgium_suicide_bomber

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, that is really bizarre!

[Eek!]

I want to know why people who feel so passionately about a cause can't find a PEACEFUL way to express that passion!

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because they are pathetic and have something lacking in their life, they don't have balls, and basically lemmings.
Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Religion make ppl crazyyyyyyyyy [Mad]
Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terrorism only when linked to muslims but American soldiers doing same acts day and night is okay!
Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kafir 4ever
Member # 9556

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kafir 4ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
America is motivated by a political agenda.
Muslim terrorists kill in the name of Allah/God. They kill for an ideology,, Islam.

Posts: 392 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kafir 4ever:
America is motivated by a political agenda.
Muslim terrorists kill in the name of Allah/God. They kill for an ideology,, Islam.

Exactly my point! You can do anything and go with it as long as you're not a muslim...
What this woman did happens everyday in Iraq by Americans and while she was after soldiers not civilians , sometimes American soldiers target even civilians intentionally!!Yet you don't hear someone calling them terrorists because...You know?

Thank you!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Troubles, when they start giving brain transplants you need to sign up for one. American soldiers do not target civilians.
We are fighting fundamentalist Muslim slime balls who want to live in the 7th century and deny freedom to their people. That they are being defeated is clear.

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:
Terrorism only when linked to muslims but American soldiers doing same acts day and night is okay!

Besides the insurgents target Shia civilians most of the time.

Manage to knock off civilians far more than US soilders even when they aren't trying.

I don't think what these insurgents are doing hurts GWB aims.

I think the insurgents are more about repressing Shia majority than fighting America.

But hey Troubles101, you are Sunni and a pretty darn adherent Wahabist, so murdered Shia isn't an issue with you. [Mad]

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
Troubles, when they start giving brain transplants you need to sign up for one. American soldiers do not target civilians.
We are fighting fundamentalist Muslim slime balls who want to live in the 7th century and deny freedom to their people. That they are being defeated is clear.

I'm sorry whoremoheb but I live in a world where there are Abu Gharib, Guantanamo bey filled with innocent persecuted civilians and some kids, cluster bombs, and other weapons of MD being used in places mostly occupied by civilians to kill few so called terrorists.

Thank you for correcting me, so America is fighting for freedom of Iraqis, How stupid am I to assume something else! And America lost all those dear soldiers and spent all that money just to free Iraqis! How lovely!
America loves freedom And
America loves Aljazeera!
How come America doesn't love Cuba, China, Chechnya, Libya, Rwanda?

GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!!

And when I sign for brain transplant and they give me one like yours, I will shoot myself!

Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
quote:

Manage to knock off civilians far more than US soilders even when they aren't trying.

I think the insurgents are more about repressing Shia majority than fighting America.

But hey Troubles101, you are Sunni and a pretty darn adherent Wahabist, so murdered Shia isn't an issue with you. [Mad]

Shia and sunni majority are okay with each other in general but few people don't like that, some of them are so called Muslims and some Non Mulims you know them very well!

How many times USA spread propaganda about Sunni kidnapping Shia and most of the time was false news?

But why bring shia and sunni stuff here anyway? My remark was clear and you didn't address it, those people are being called terrorists day and night but none call Americans the same when they have done worse!!Remember the massacre of Falluja!

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sound like a terrorist Troubles. President Bush has said many times that you are either for us or you are helping the terrorists. Hummm
Fact is you seem to be unable to figure out that our intersts and helping the Iraqi people come together in this project. Sure , we are helping ourselves, but we are helping them as well.

The terrorists are looking for suicide bombers, if you think their cause is so worthy why don't you sign up?

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Shia and sunni majority are okay with each other in general but few people don't like that, some of them are so called Muslims and some Non Mulims you know them very well!

How many times USA spread propaganda about Sunni kidnapping Shia and most of the time was false news?

But why bring shia and sunni stuff here anyway? My remark was clear and you didn't address it, those people are being called terrorists day and night but none call Americans the same when they have done worse!!Remember the massacre of Falluja!

Fine you don't want to admit to it.

But if and I highly doubt this will ever happen, Shia start bombing your neighborhood, only then will you acknowledge that there is a huge bloody violent schism.

Its not a problem for you so you deny it. You probably enjoy watching the dead Shia bodies on television.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Of course I can't say No! because you're self proclaimed god who knows everything!

I'm wahabist, and I love killing SHia, what else? I also love jerking of everytime I see your name, you missed this one Sodom.

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Troubles, you are becoming almost incoherent.
Unless you are an Iraqui what is going on there is really none of your business.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
you missed this one Sodom.

Excuse me? I never had any tissue between my legs removed and sewn up.

Why the hell does my back door need to be in service?

No I'd rather go to hell for straight vaginal out of wedlock fucking than expose my precious hemoriods to the Pharoah's staff.

I have my dignity.

Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You sound like a terrorist Troubles.

And you sound like a truely GWB azz kisser! whoever don't buy your crap is terrorist? so much of freedom you want to feed us but you wont swallow!

quote:
President Bush has said many times that you are either for us or you are helping the terrorists. Hummm
We know what the idiot said before, no need to repeat!

quote:
Fact is you seem to be unable to figure out that our intersts and helping the Iraqi people come together in this project. Sure , we are helping ourselves, but we are helping them as well.
So, If your interests were against Iraqi people, like when you cooperated with Saddam and other dictatores who murdered innocents, it wont be a problem! So what freedom crap you were talking about then? This war is about self interests and other parties seem to play fair in this ground, so how about if you stop the terrorims propaganda crap about freeing Iraq and freedom then play fair as well ?

quote:
The terrorists are looking for suicide bombers, if you think their cause is so worthy why don't you sign up?

I'm not the one supporting any party here! however you do support that war so move your ass and join the troops!
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
again, unless you are Iraqi or an American what is going on there is none of your business.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Troubles101
Member # 4543

quote:
Troubles, you are becoming almost incoherent.
Unless you are an Iraqui what is going on there is really none of your business.

So being An American basically gives you the right to intervene in anyone's else business?

How many double standards you guys have?

No wonder the world hates your politics! dishonest and disguesting.

Troubles101
Member # 4543

quote:
quote:

No I'd rather go to hell for straight vaginal out of wedlock fucking than expose my precious hemoriods to the Pharoah's staff.

I have my dignity.

Don't flatter yourself or get excited about it so much! matter of fact, I would rather shoot it with a smile on my face!

[Big Grin]

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
First of all we do what we think is in OUR self interests, as do all nations. Whether other people in the world like it or not does not matter. The fact is the middle east is going to have to change or face the consequences. You have to join the world community and adopt democratic government. You are going to have to get Islam out of government and back in the Mosque where it belongs. Women are going to have to be liberated to the extent they are in the west. You are going to have to become responsible members of the new world order. If you do not you are going to continue to have American & British troops chasing you into worm holes or anywhere else you decide to hide.
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have my dignity.

Don't flatter yourself or get excited about it so much! matter of fact, I would rather shoot it with a smile on my face!

[Big Grin]

See this is the problem with you Egyptian guys absolutely @ss freaky.

Makes me wonder what kind of holes you men play with before and after marriage.

Actually I don't want to know.

Troubles101
Member # 4543

quote:
First of all we do what we think is in OUR self interests, as do all nations. Whether other people in the world like it or not does not matter. The fact is the middle east is going to have to change or face the consequences. You have to join the world community and adopt democratic government. You are going to have to get Islam out of government and back in the Mosque where it belongs. Women are going to have to be liberated to the extent they are in the west. You are going to have to become responsible members of the new world order. If you do not you are going to continue to have American & British troops chasing you into worm holes or anywhere else you decide to hide.

Whore, make up your mind! is it self interest or not? I thought you wont have any problems with other as long as you don't need them, isn't that what you admitted before?

Liberating our women and mosques? Oh Oh! I forgot you're the long nosed American who wont mind his business!

Chase more countries? you do love that $**t don't you? I bet you also love boxing and pro wrestling...Watching I mean not playing!

Try to show us your face in Egypt and say that to us face to face brave man!

Troubles101
Member # 4543

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have my dignity.

[Big Grin]

See this is the problem with you Egyptian guys absolutely @ss freaky.

Makes me wonder what kind of holes you men play with before and after marriage.

Actually I don't want to know.

And since your husband is Egyptian, then apparently you don't know where your husband play as well! What were you guys doing all these yrs?!

What a shame!

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Troubles, Lets be realistic. So far Egypt has not been involved in any major way in anti western policies in the mid east. We have had good relations with Egypt for some time.

The root cause of problems in other mideast nations is cultural , as much as anything else. The economy for all of our countries is global, everyone depends on everyone else. Traditional Islam and all of its restrictive rules will no longer work in the modern world. Christianity went through the same problems in the 17th century, they had to change and Islam will have to change as well.

Keep in mind that America is the most benevolent super power in world history. We use only a fraction of our power in these little brush wars we have to fight from time to time. Also remember that we are the only nation that has ever nuked anyone, thats always a good thing to remember.

Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Humanized     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Also remember that we are the only nation that has ever nuked anyone, thats always a good thing to remember.

Terrorist [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 817 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
And since your husband is Egyptian, then apparently you don't know where your husband play as well! What were you guys doing all these yrs?!

What a shame!

Sorry my husband has a complex for a long time. And I know where he has been.

As I see it, if you can't do something right don't do it at all. So I cut him off.

Besides Egyptian men really don't give a rats @ss if they do it right, and why bother at all then?

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
We don't hide in worm holes Humanized, we also do not inflict terror, we simply destroy our enemies, there is a distinction that obviously escapes you.
Actually, there is an argument to be made in terms of not using mass bombings.
In Japan the rational was to save the lives of American troops that would have had to invade the mainland. The choice thus came down to our troops or their people. If that is the choice any American president will save his own men first.
In Germany fire bombing Hamburg and Dresden was a little more complicated. In retrospect I'm not sure it worked to speed up the end of the war.
Robert E Lee would oppose the killing of civilians under any circumstances. Obviously the world has left those values behind starting in 1914.
I say you use nukes only as a last result or under very unique circumstances, such as in Japan.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Humanized:
quote:
Also remember that we are the only nation that has ever nuked anyone, thats always a good thing to remember.

Terrorist [Roll Eyes]
I'd have to agree with the boys on this one.

Horemheb, you weren't born in America and weren't in America when America was actually proud of the bomb.

You came in when the cold war wasn't so popular, so what I can gather you are absolutely beserk about power, pain and the abuse of innocents.

How's that intern by the way, she hit her head again on the underside of your desk?

I would think watching your native country suffer through a civil war, invasions and constant car bombings you'd be adverse to violence.

But you are a sadist and that explains it.

Too bad your sadist tendancies are so poorly misdirected. [Wink]

Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Humanized     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We don't hide in worm holes Humanized, we also do not inflict terror, we simply destroy our enemies, there is a distinction that obviously escapes you.
Actually, there is an argument to be made in terms of not using mass bombings.
In Japan the rational was to save the lives of American troops that would have had to invade the mainland. The choice thus came down to our troops or their people. If that is the choice any American president will save his own men first.
In Germany fire bombing Hamburg and Dresden was a little more complicated. In retrospect I'm not sure it worked to speed up the end of the war.
Robert E Lee would oppose the killing of civilians under any circumstances. Obviously the world has left those values behind starting in 1914.
I say you use nukes only as a last result or under very unique circumstances, such as in Japan.

i hate to believe that you represent the majority of Americans , because there is nothing historical you can bring without stepping on your own sh!t
Posts: 817 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
sonomond, read my above post, hardly that of a sadist. Our civil war occured in 1861, I was not born until 1946 so I missed it by a few years and I don't think we have had any car bombs here.

As for the intern....what can I say...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Humanized, You are letting political views control your view of reality. Americans are a complex and interesting people. They have a perspective that is shaped by two large oceans and the frontier. They are generous and patient people on the one hand but they can also be vicious and unrelenting on the other. The more you study American history the more appealing they become.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Humanized     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and i wouldnt admire the Americans if i didnt know them.

i hate the Americanized who takes the flag for granted ,waging wars and spitting everywhere with slogans he has no clue about.
the kind that created Nukes , Contra ,Iraqi WMD , Bin laden and manipulating M.E. for Oil...

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Humanized, I'm sure you mean well and I applaud the idealism you have, that said, read 'The Prince.' It should be required reading for every college student. We have to operate with the bounds of the way the world really works, not the way we want it to work. America would not do anything that she did not consider to be in her best interests.
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod you crack me up- I love your fighting spirit!!! I like your ripossts [Big Grin]
Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Melati:
Sonomod you crack me up- I love your fighting spirit!!! I like your ripossts [Big Grin]

This is the one place I can be meaner than heck.

Its too bad I am expected to be perfect all the time because of my socio-economic background.

I hate having to think a though in my head and having to edit the sonomod out of it. [Big Grin]

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
sonomond, read my above post, hardly that of a sadist. Our civil war occured in 1861, I was not born until 1946 so I missed it by a few years and I don't think we have had any car bombs here.

As for the intern....what can I say...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are speaking of American history.

You have a birth country and America is your adopted country.

I am speaking of your birth countries history.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com